Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Got my Misfits yesterday from Fantastic Plastic Toys (thanks Mark)! I didn't really have the time or space to bust them out completely, but I opened them up and looked at them in the box, and they were beautiful (I <3 Stormer SO much). I've never bought dolls before, so these gals were a great first experience. Hopefully I'll be able to unbox them and get the full experience this weekend.

Got mine yesterday too! I didn't have time to get them out, sadly. But that's the plan tonight!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I can honestly say the Misfits are the best dolls Integrity has ever made, they are simply stunning and from all the ones I have seen virtually flawless.

They really did listen to the fans after the Holograms came out and I can only imagine what the Stingers might look like if they decide to release them
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in the Misfits I ordered for my sister's Christmas gifts today. I can my tendrils on Aja, Kimber and Shanna but Jem, Jerrica and Rio are another matter altogether..
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Opened up Pizzaz tonight before company came over. She's great. My stand was a tiny bit looser than past figure stands, but works just fine. I also was going a bit insane getting the ribbon on her leg to stay up and on! But other than that, she's REALLY cool. She looks so bad ass! I love the darker chrome of her mic stand. Can't wait to open up the rest tomorrow.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Seems they live up to the hype and then some. Can't wait for them to turn up in the post. Gees Iam having some good luck lately first I read that my fav horror actor is coming to Oz Comic Con (please for reals this time) my new car is finally arrived at the car dealership (had to wait as the colour I wanted was in limited supply and more of them needed to be built) and now this. Feels

- - - Updated - - -

My Misfits have arrived today! Any other Australians here who ordered them get theirs yet?
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

I'm still waiting for mine. I suspect they're waiting for me at the post office. I've bought The Misfits dolls just so I can have the whole IT collection but Jem & The Holograms are my favorite band

Last edited by Cosmic Falcon; June 6, 2013 at 06:26am.
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

What does everyone think of the SDCC exclusive GnG Jem and Rio? I think they're lovely but Iam not interested in them.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

They look nice, but for the cost, I'll be skipping variants. The Hollywood Jem was an exception for because she launched the line. To be honest, I love all the ones I have (all so far) but I'm thinking I'll get the Stingers and then be done (unless they make Astral) and I might even skip Clash and Raya, if they make them.

I would like to be able to get a GnG Jem, but there's no way I'm paying scalper prices. I've read some people saying that they don't think prices will be so crazy this year, but it seems to me that it will possibly be worse unless the production numbers are significantly increased from Hollywood Jem (which honestly is pretty likely I guess). GnG is the most iconic Jem variant and I would guess the most deluxe type release Integrity will end up making. I would think if there are people that want to have just one doll from this line, this would be a good one. Of course, I've seen even die hard Jem fans say that they weren't that impressed and thought they were going to pass, so who knows. And maybe it's just me, but I know a lot of people just need a Jem, period, (like me) and throwing a GnG Jem into a collection to round out your Holograms seems kinda weird to me. You can't have Fancy Pants Jem hanging out with It's Ok for Everyday Kimber. That's just....no. And speaking of things that are "just...no": GnG Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    They look nice, but for the cost, I'll be skipping variants. The Hollywood Jem was an exception for because she launched the line. To be honest, I love all the ones I have (all so far) but I'm thinking I'll get the Stingers and then be done (unless they make Astral) and I might even skip Clash and Raya, if they make them.
    What about Jetta?! Skipping Clash is dubious, but skipping Jetta is unacceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I would like to be able to get a GnG Jem, but there's no way I'm paying scalper prices. I've read some people saying that they don't think prices will be so crazy this year, but it seems to me that it will possibly be worse unless the production numbers are significantly increased from Hollywood Jem (which honestly is pretty likely I guess). GnG is the most iconic Jem variant and I would guess the most deluxe type release Integrity will end up making. I would think if there are people that want to have just one doll from this line, this would be a good one. Of course, I've seen even die hard Jem fans say that they weren't that impressed and thought they were going to pass, so who knows. And maybe it's just me, but I know a lot of people just need a Jem, period, (like me) and throwing a GnG Jem into a collection to round out your Holograms seems kinda weird to me. You can't have Fancy Pants Jem hanging out with It's Ok for Everyday Kimber. That's just....no. And speaking of things that are "just...no": GnG Rio.

What about Jetta?! Skipping Clash is dubious, but skipping Jetta is unacceptable!
    I want Jetta and Clash to complete my Misfits collection.

Oh, Jetta is a must have for me, still. I can't believe I forgot to list her!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im hoping G&G is easier to secure than Hollywood! But im not hopeful...last years was a shenanigans!!

I was beyond lucky to have a .org freind line up and buy me one!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

The Hasbro SDCC exclusives are crazy. You have to be in line hours in advance just to get a ticket to come back to their booth later in the day to actually purchase the exclusives. The line moves really slow because they usually have 10-12 exclusives if not more. They have a handicap line which loads of people try to take advantage of. Sometimes exclusives will sell out on Thursday and they have no more for the rest of the convention. It is a real bear trying to secure their items. It makes me appreciate the Mattel preorder immensely.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    So the Club Exclusive Doll has been revealed.....Without mentioning what it is, what do my fellow W club members rate it?

Me - 3 out of 10
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    So the Club Exclusive Doll has been revealed.....Without mentioning what it is, what do my fellow W club members rate it?

Me - 3 out of 10
    That sounds like a ringing endorsement.

That sounds like a ringing endorsement.
    Its pretty neat, the added item they are giving with the doll is cool. But compared to the SDCC GnG JEM its lackluster
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I just hope it's not an original character as I decided not to join the club. A variant, I can live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post

Me - 3 out of 10
    For me, if the SDCC exclusive is a 9/10, the W Club exclusive is 8/10. Pleasantly surprised by both.

Come on tell me who this doll is pretty please?

When will it be made public? Or are you even allowed to say that?

I gotta say, I have no idea what it would be. It seems like it would have to be a variant, but I'm not sure what would fill that slot well. Having yet another Jem that's an exclusive would seem somewhat bizarre to me. I can't really think of another character that's already been released that would be a particularly great candidate for a variant. Maybe the unreleased '88 Pizzazz? I suppose it could be a character that only appeared in the cartoon like Eric, Techrat, Craig, or Jacqui, but I don't think that would go over well...

I thought maybe someone like American Beauty Jem - it's a Jem variant again, but it's of a variant that was never released in the old line, IIRC. Could make sense for an exclusive - prized by the core collectors but not essential to more casual collectors.

I just can't imagine it being a new character. And I'm not sure who else it'd be, unless it was a Glitter N' Gold variant of one of the other characters (they all had G N' G fashions in the cartoon, I think, but only Jem and Rio were made.)

Yeah, you're probably right. Either that or Rockin' Romance. It just seems weird to me to have the titular character so chronically difficult to obtain.

But for all I know, they've got a half dozen more Jems in the pipeline. /shrug

It will be made public tomorrow afternoon

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Maybe it'll be Robot Chicken Jem?

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!