Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

BTW - I can confirm the magazine article says nothing about the next figure that wasn't in the press release, only that info is to come in the months after SDCC.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    BTW - I can confirm the magazine article says nothing about the next figure that wasn't in the press release, only that info is to come in the months after SDCC.
    I hope that the sell out and demand at least makes them issue more than 500 for the next one. I don't even care if the price stays the same (as long as its not a monthly release) but they need to make sure they are available.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The thing I worry about is if the next doll is planned to come out this year, then it's likely they already started production and maybe the quantities are set. With this being an SDCC exclusive, I HAVE to believe it was more limited then it will be. If not, they didn't do enough market research into the demand for these kind of items, clearly.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I hope that the sell out and demand at least makes them issue more than 500 for the next one. I don't even care if the price stays the same (as long as its not a monthly release) but they need to make sure they are available.
    Agreed!! I really do hope it is a Stinger(Minx) first!! but it might be to soon and they need to get the line going with some of the bigger names...

I have a question for everyone? What Doll would you like to see next?

Frankly, I'd like a standard Jem since I don't have any. I can see them not wanting to release her next, though. So if that's the case, here's my preferred roll out of dolls:

Stormer
    Jem
    Kimber
    Pizzaz
    Aja
    Roxy
    Shana
    Synergy
    Mix
    Rio
    Danse
    Jetta
    Riot
    Raya
    Rapture

I know long-time collectors will probably want The Stingers sooner than me. I like them, but as I have no Jem collection at all right now I'd really rather have the core characters first. I think variants (Glitter and Gold, etc. if they come out) should probably be con exclusives, though they should make more of them then they did here.

If this line is a hit... I wonder if they'd get to characters like Eric Raymond? And would fans want to buy him? In a cheaper line I'd want him in an instant because he's an important character. But a $125 guy doll in a suit? That'd be hard to swallow. I'm even a bit iffy on Rio but I'd probably buy him. The others have an interesting look to them (which is why Danse is high on my list... I like her hair. LOL.)

Guys would sell well in JEM because some like Eric were never made. They could easily give him some misfit records and some other callbacks to the show to make him more attractive to doll buyers since as you said he is just a guy in a suit. Rio would sell well I think and Riot would be a no brainer
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Frankly, I'd like a standard Jem since I don't have any. I can see them not wanting to release her next, though. So if that's the case, here's my preferred roll out of dolls:

Stormer
    Jem
    Kimber
    Pizzaz
    Aja
    Roxy
    Shana
    Synergy
    Mix
    Rio
    Danse
    Jetta
    Riot
    Raya
    Rapture

I know long-time collectors will probably want The Stingers sooner than me. I like them, but as I have no Jem collection at all right now I'd really rather have the core characters first. I think variants (Glitter and Gold, etc. if they come out) should probably be con exclusives, though they should make more of them then they did here.

If this line is a hit... I wonder if they'd get to characters like Eric Raymond? And would fans want to buy him? In a cheaper line I'd want him in an instant because he's an important character. But a $125 guy doll in a suit? That'd be hard to swallow. I'm even a bit iffy on Rio but I'd probably buy him. The others have an interesting look to them (which is why Danse is high on my list... I like her hair. LOL.)
    That is a great list!! Seeing how great Hollywood Jem looks I cant wait to See how Raya/Jetta turn out( My two favorites) and you are right since I have the Originals that might be why I want the the Stingers First..I am pretty sure the Dolls will be a little cheaper post Con Prices..Hopefully they will do all the Vintage ones as Regular dolls and just use other "Looks" from the toon as Exclusives. I am really Hoping that they Make some of the Prototypes that were not made like..REGINE CÉSAIRE and ASTRAL.

I would buy a few of the male dolls if they were not to Pricey, I mean who wouldnt want a Techrat Right

I would definitely buy Astral. She looks great.
    My only no-go.... Starlight Girls. Sorry Ba-Nee.

I really would love to see Synergy, yet, I fear because of her status and how different she looks from all of the other characters she might be a Con exclusive.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I would definitely buy Astral. She looks great.
    My only no-go.... Starlight Girls. Sorry Ba-Nee.
    I am with you on that.. I really dont want any Starlight Girls..They can make them if they want but I would have to Pass..

Guess who has two thumbs and just bought himself a Hollywood Jem! Before you get excited, I got it off Ebay. But it was at a decent price compared to what she's currently going for. The price just keeps on climbing! It's more than the $170 I passed on before... but I decided I wanted her. And I just cancelled a ton of Hot Toys pre-orders because I decided there was no way I could afford the whole Avengers cast as much as I wanted to. Well, I could afford them but the money was better spent elsewhere.

Guess who has two thumbs and just bought himself a Hollywood Jem! Before you get excited, I got it off Ebay. But it was at a decent price compared to what she's currently going for. The price just keeps on climbing! It's more than the $170 I passed on before... but I decided I wanted her. And I just cancelled a ton of Hot Toys pre-orders because I decided there was no way I could afford the whole Avengers cast as much as I wanted to. Well, I could afford them but the money was better spent elsewhere.

Awesome!!! I wanted to get a set of the Hot Toys Avengers as well but way to much.. I am just sticking with the Black Widow... I wish Hasbro would Ship my Hollywood Jem already!!!!

Thanks! I might get the Black Widow still. Not sure. I am going to keep getting the Iron Man figures and Loki though. I just couldn't do the whole team, though I wanted too.
    HTS JUST shipped my order for the Masters of Evil set though I ordered it on the first day. Seems they are running quite a bit behind. Probably because they had to go through all the orders and get rid of the extras if people tried to order more than 1.

About Synergy - I fear you might be correct. She could end up a con exclusive. I hope not though... or at least she should be offered in regular quantities. If they do make her I hope she has metallic strands in her hair!

Thanks! I might get the Black Widow still. Not sure. I am going to keep getting the Iron Man figures and Loki though. I just couldn't do the whole team, though I wanted too.
    HTS JUST shipped my order for the Masters of Evil set though I ordered it on the first day. Seems they are running quite a bit behind. Probably because they had to go through all the orders and get rid of the extras if people tried to order more than 1.

About Synergy - I fear you might be correct. She could end up a con exclusive. I hope not though... or at least she should be offered in regular quantities. If they do make her I hope she has metallic strands in her hair!
    I just got a Email from HTS and JEM will be here on Tuesday... I might get Hot Toys Catwoman too. The whole Avengers team would cost bank!! do we know how much the Hulk is going to be..

That is a good question about the Hair? I wonder if they will use Tinsel Hair on any of the dolls? Like Jetta? If Synergy is a Con Exclusive they should go all the way and make the computer back drop as well.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    If when the next one's come out, they're the same price Jem was. I'd only get Synergy.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Knowing Integrity they probably won't use metallic strands in her hair but they'll find a way to do it better. Even though I missed out on SDCC Jem I am really happy that she is back.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

If they can get the metallic effect in there, I'm open for other ideas. I'd LOVE for her to come with her computer backdrop. Honestly, I'd almost push for her to a con ex. if she could come with her computer. But the computer is HUGE! It'd probably end up expensive.

Heroic Warrior

Stormer
    Jem
    Kimber
    Pizzaz
    Aja
    Roxy
    Shana
    Synergy
    Minx
    Rio
    Danse
    Jetta
    Riot
    Raya
    Rapture

Such a great lineup order (would switch Aja with Kimber, but that's personal preference).

I love the limited nature of the main players. Nothing to build on, thankfully.

I would LOVE to see Eric Raymond as an SDCC exclusive. Some limited method of obtaining him. But then you get into getting Techrat, the orphans, and that's a slippery slope.

And then there are the fashions they all wore. Outfit sets, or whole dolls, given the hairstyles change too? I always remember Jem wearing that blue and leopard-print jumpsuit with her hair tied up. And then there's Jerrica, which I pray are separate dolls.

- - - Updated - - -

How about a Jerrica Benton/Eric Benton SDCC "Battle for Starlight Music" 2-pack?

-Outfits and Jem wig and exclusive extra Jem outfit/disguise for Jerrica
    -Earring holding hand with double-jointed elbows so she can grab at her ear. Purse or beret contains voice ship for "It's showtime, Synergy!" and "Show's over, Synergy!" phrases.
    -Eric with suit, contracts/briefcase, Misfits album, and alternate Jerrica-slapping swappable hands
    -Closed fists add-ons for the Rio doll LOL

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I think We need Pizzazz next, but I have a feeling IT will open the regular line with Jem in her Pink Dress.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Sidebar for Jem fans. I have heard this from several collector buddies of mine.

"Jem looks great, I love Hollywood Jem."

"However, I am not collecting dolls. If they did Jem action figures? Sure!"

Would you buy 3.75 Jem action figures, GI Joe 3.75" scale maybe? They could do all the variants, the Roadster, etc. We all got older, we want dios, and have you seen that Marvel Universe Elektra??? They ABSOLUTELY could knock out a pretty Jem line! I think this would be a fun risk!

Maybe they could do one Jem and the Holograms band set, and repurpose it for a GI Joe Cold Slither set? Lots of leg and arm reuse for base bucks, with random paint deco for panyhose, leggings, or tights, and they all wear heels. Thoughts?

I would be all over a Jem action figure line!!! In fact I think this would actually do really well at retail. Girls want variety/unique toys now. Look at how big of a smash Monster High is. The Winx 3.75 figures are flying off the shelves.

Did Hasbro say anything at the con about a possible retail line? I love the new doll, but she is way out of my budget. I think that now would be a perfect time for a full on relaunch, if they wait longer they will lose all of this momentum that's building.

An action figure line would certainly give them a ton of toon related possibilities

But I think they could relaunch any time and it would still get the same result, just look at Hannah Montana which is essentially a teen version of JEM by Disney

I am so ****** off right now.. I got my shipment today from HTS and My Hiss Tank(Check) MY Bruticus(Check) my Masters of Evil (Check) My JEM Doll that I stayed up 3 days and Night for NOT IN THE BOX. There is no packing slip..After Contacting Customer Service I am not sure what is going to happen yet.. But I smell a I am sorry and a Refund coming.. I bet some scum at the warehouse stole it before it was packed and put it on EBay.... Sorry For the Rant but that was the only thing I really wanted out of the junk I bought..

Oh no! Maybe they just shipped it separately since it comes in a mailer box?

Man I hope so, but If it did they didnt send me a tracking number for it.... they are still looking into it. The only proof I have is the weight of the box is to light. I have a scale at the weight of the items plus the weight of the box match. So I believe some one forgot to pack it..Gi Joe, Transformer, Marvel Universe and oops JEM doll the pack out is a little strange and since there was no packing slip maybe it just got missed...I am still steamed!!!