Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of JEM- 2012

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Do we know if the Jem line will be as expensive as the SDCC Jem?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Nope, waiting for the announcement of the next doll for pricing.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    On one of those last Council of the First Ones podcasts, Kelly said she talked to the people at SDCC about Jem and they said there were no further plans at the moment. It seems hard to imagine that the one doll is all they're going to do, though, especially since there seemed to be an overwhelmingly positive response.

I'm guessing there was just a misinterpretation, there. Maybe they said they had nothing to announce, but we've plainly been told in the initial press release and in the magazine article that more figures are planned and will be announced in the coming months.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Even on the official website under the character section it says 'coming soon'
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Yeah, after looking it up, I think I've actually read that stuff before. There was just so little detail, I think I had forgotten that it definitely specified others were coming.

I'm a noob Jem fan and not very in the know on this, so is anyone holding out any hope that the future dolls may be even slightly cheaper? With buying multpile characters in mind, I MAY consider ~$100, but at the current price point I think I would just buy the iconic Jem look if I got anything.

Some people were talking about wanting Jem action figures. Even as someone who has bought action figures all my life and never bought a doll, it just seems wrong for Jem to be anything but a doll to me. That said, I could justify buying an entire line of 6" action figures, so there is that. I absolutely wouldn't care about a 3-3/4" though. That scale in general just doesn't seem to appeal to me as much for some reason as I've gotten older.

Let us know what you think of her when you get yours JonWes!

I've read on the Jemcon forum that someone in 'the know' with Integrity has said they will be closer in price to the Dynamite girls, which i think go for 40-80, depending on the outfit they are wearing. How true this is, not sure. But I imagine they will be 100 or less.

I'm also hoping for fashion packs! Would love to see the original fashions remade with high quality fabrics.

Here are a few pics I took of my Hollywood Jem the other day. Its so sad, but sometimes i just find myself standing in my living room staring at her, lol.

Jem16
    Jem15
    Jem21

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Those are great pics! I feel like I'm going to have to fuss with her hair some. I hope mine arrives soon!

Thanks JonWes! Yeah, her hair was a mess out of box. But a quick wash left it nice and soft. It also teases well (I used just my fingers and it got pretty big). Enjoy! She's truly outrageous!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Yeah, great pics, Seahawk!

And a < $100 price would be great. A $40-$80 price would be amazing! I would say "truly outrageous", but that makes it sound bad in this case.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by sword2blanket View Post
    some people were talking about wanting jem action figures. Even as someone who has bought action figures all my life and never bought a doll, it just seems wrong for jem to be anything but a doll to me.
    agree 150%

As long as they are under $100 I will be ok with them, my dream would be every 2-3 months at a $50-75 price point
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Hey all! So... I'm planning on starting a video review series of these dolls! As long as I can get them when they come out. The first video review up is for Hollywood Jem! Hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think. I'll try to answer any questions if I can.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Great Job!! That was a Awesome and Fair review. You Really showed how it doesnt matter what kind of Toy collector you are JEM should be in everyone's collection, If you love toys or the 80's. It did make me sad though because HTS is still giving me the run around and I still have not received mine yet...

Can you put her back in the package when you are done displaying her? and yeah the instructions are the same as the Originals which is really cool.

Thanks DL! Glad you liked it.

I have to say, this really overcame some of the things I dislike about dolls (or at least, my limited experience with dolls) as far as articulation. And the fit of the clothes is great. I really think if people like the property in general they'd be happy with these even if they weren't doll collectors. The biggest thing was working with the rooted hair but that was easy too.

As for putting back in, it'd be easy enough to tie the figure back in with the ribbons. But, the rest of the stuff won't really go back in easily. If they were molded trays it would be better, but most of the stuff was in little plastic bags tied to the back. I suppose if you were more careful than I was, it might be more doable.

Sorry to hear about yours though! That is really scary if they can't track it down. Surely they kept SOME back for returns?

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Thanks DL! Glad you liked it.

I have to say, this really overcame some of the things I dislike about dolls (or at least, my limited experience with dolls) as far as articulation. And the fit of the clothes is great. I really think if people like the property in general they'd be happy with these even if they weren't doll collectors. The biggest thing was working with the rooted hair but that was easy too.

As for putting back in, it'd be easy enough to tie the figure back in with the ribbons. But, the rest of the stuff won't really go back in easily. If they were molded trays it would be better, but most of the stuff was in little plastic bags tied to the back. I suppose if you were more careful than I was, it might be more doable.

Sorry to hear about yours though! That is really scary if they can't track it down. Surely they kept SOME back for returns?
    Ok, Thanks for the Info.. I also really agreed about what you said about her face. When I first saw early pictures of her, I thought that isnt JEM? But the more I look at pictures and your Video, It totally looks just like her or what she would look like in real life! You can really see they put alot of money and care into getting her and her clothes just right. The dolls may cost a lot but I am glad Hasbro went this route, instead of a cheaper retail line. ( heck they still may do that as well)

All I know about my doll at this point is, it was shipped by itself and not mixed with other SDCC stuff. Other than that they are still trying to figure it out.

Also now you just need a "Catch phrase" Like Dan has!!!
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; July 31, 2012 at 05:43pm.

Great review. Too bad these dolls are so expensive. If they were cheaper I'd jump on board. That Jem is stunning and looks 5 billion times better than the one Hasbro put out in the 80's. I have a feeling that the Misfits will be the real stars in this line.

i really enjoyed the review as well. very detailed and informative. and yes, if the dolls weren't so expensive i'd be down with collecting them.

Awesome review, Jon! And what a great looking Jem!

Since I've never been a doll guy, I've got kind of a stupid question: How did you go about washing her hair? Does her head pop off, or do you just wash it carefully while she's clothed or what? As you can probably tell, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so please enlighten me.

Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait to find out who is next!

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Also now you just need a "Catch phrase" Like Dan has!!!
    LOL - I'll have to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Since I've never been a doll guy, I've got kind of a stupid question: How did you go about washing her hair? Does her head pop off, or do you just wash it carefully while she's clothed or what? As you can probably tell, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so please enlighten me.
    Hoo boy well that was something I was trying to figure out as well. I didn't want to try to force her head off, so I poked a hole in the bottom of a plastic bag and then wrapped it around the doll's neck to prevent any water from getting on the clothes. I wet her hair down upside down and styled it that way. Which was a good thing as I've just read you don't want to get her face wet! Apparently you might mess up her eyelashes.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Hoo boy well that was something I was trying to figure out as well. I didn't want to try to force her head off, so I poked a hole in the bottom of a plastic bag and then wrapped it around the doll's neck to prevent any water from getting on the clothes. I wet her hair down upside down and styled it that way. Which was a good thing as I've just read you don't want to get her face wet! Apparently you might mess up her eyelashes.
    Sounds just as terrifying as I imagined it. Thanks, Jon!

This was posted by MiskatonicNick on Flickr. There is a whole set. I thought it was great.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    How many different Jem dolls were released?? How I missed this, I have no clue. I know it's only Jem herself and I haven't read the whole thread, but just curious if I should even try to track these down. Maybe its listed in the first post lol I just clicked the last post hehe
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    How many different Jem dolls were released?? How I missed this, I have no clue. I know it's only Jem herself and I haven't read the whole thread, but just curious if I should even try to track these down. Maybe its listed in the first post lol I just clicked the last post hehe
    So far just the 1 at SDCC
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Here's a pic I took during my video review shoot. I keep forgetting to share.