View Poll Results: Will you buy The Mighty Spector?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will buy him! He's cool!

120 39.60%
  • I will NOT buy him! I don't like him!

120 39.60%
  • I get him with my subscription, but I'm gonna sell him away.

17 5.61%
  • I will get him with my subscription, but I won't display him.

46 15.18%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy The Mighty Spector?

I will buy him, he looks neat in person. Not exactly a MOTUC character but the 30th is going to be in a different part of my display so the mismatch does not really matter to me.

I think it would be better if he was on a thicker buck, make him like a big bulky guy, or more armor. I think its the lack of armor that make him look more DCUC like then MOTUC
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    So, if we get him with our sub, our only options are to sell him or not display him?

Wow. That's pretty biased.

How about I'm getting him with my sub, and he will be proudly displayed along with all the other awesome figures?
    Wait, who's biased here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    ATTENTION: If you have a sub and plan to keep and display your figure, please vote for option 1.
    I didn't see any bias on his part, what is up with people, looking for things that aren't there? Why does everyone around here have to hyped up about something? I think fans generate their own controversy between each other here much more than Mattel ever could or has, by reading what they want to see or hear into something, someone posted, all he asked was a simple question, for a simple poll, about a TOY.

Even before he edited, the poll question #1 was I will buy him and display him, even if you have a sub....aren't you still buying him? I think that was implied for anyone BUYING him, no matter how he is bought.....

In my opinion, he looks like he belongs in a Marvel comic book from the 90's early 00's, not in MOTUC. He's not an overly bad eyesore, but there is nothing to him, nothing spectacular that screams BUY ME NOW!, he looks like an X-Men extra character, and I never collected X-Men or comic book toys, or maybe I would have a different opinion about him, and he is only part of those who bought the 30th sub to worry about liking or nit, the rest of us, don't have to buy him, if we don't want to. I am not knocking the toy, there is a 1 in millions chance I may win the CAC contest, and I know, not everyone will be like...."OH MAN THAT IS THE BEST FIGURE I HAVE EVER SEEN!", and if one of you guys wins....would you like all the negativity towards your character?...I don't think you would.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; September 25, 2011 at 05:25pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I chose option one because I'm getting him in the sub and keeping him. Not exactly thrilled about him, but I'm also not going in every thread about him saying he sucks, how much of a disgrace he is, or blasting Toyguru and telling him how to do his job.

I'm sure I'll like him a little bit more once I have him in hand. That happens with every MOTUC figure that I don't care that much about.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not buying the sub, and because of this reveal it cements the notion even more so for me. I have the regular sub, but may cherry pick the anniversary figs if worthy, and this offering is sadly nothing that interests me. I'll avoid it like the plague and wait for it to go on sale for $2.00 on the site and still not buy it.
    Good trades with: Cammor

I will get him with my 30th anniversary subscription, but I do not plan to display him.

I may sell him, I may not, but ain't no way he's using up valuable shelf-space (unless he somehow ends up waaay cooler than what we've seen so far).

I will get him in my sub, but I kind of like the design. So I'll display him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    he's better then BG Evil-Lyn so i will get him
    Yes, he is in fact a far superior figure to BG Evil Lyn. At least he's an original character, and she's a repaint of Teela.

Heroic Warrior
    I will not buy him.

Heroic Warrior
    It comes in the sub. If it didn't, I doubt I'd buy it.

Hopefully it's purple will go with other MOTUC characters. A new body suit for Skeletor or Keldor maybe? A pistol is always a plus and the cosmic wrist watch is the best thing about it. As is the Mighty Spector is a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    he's better then BG Evil-Lyn so i will get him
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Yes, he is in fact a far superior figure to BG Evil Lyn. At least he's an original character, and she's a repaint of Teela.
    Wow.
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; September 26, 2011 at 02:26am. Reason: Specstroke sucks.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i already have.
    i bought two.
    i would keep one. although if i didnt have the sub i'd have passed.

with new specification to the vote, I voted "Yes" because I got the sub, and I will happily keep him. He's growing on me. Now once I get that bio, I can verify it's a cool character.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    i'm afraid he looks like a cheap custom i would be able to create sorry to say it ... pass

Normally I'm very supportive of brand new content in this line, but I feel strangely apathetic to the figure. I don't hate it. I don't love it. Better pictures might make me like him more, or maybe not.
    I think my brother (who collects Marvel Select) may be more interested in him than me.

I'm willing to give the figure a chance though...thank God he wasn't some idiotic goofy character, so that's a plus for me.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Oh wow. He immediately reminded me of Deadpool, but I didn't know Deadpool ever actually wore those colors!

For the record I don't hate him. I'm just disappointed the slot was spent on such a lackluster figure.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Snappy Threader
    I think he is awesome!!!!

i dig him.... not too crazy for the spade symbol .....still cool tho..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Negatory, bad buddy...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I will not be buying this figure, it's the worst figure of the line so far and makes Photog look like a masterpiece.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Kind of a limited poll, dude. I'm not sure I'll buy him, or the other 30th-figs, it depends on what the feedback from other fans are, and the reviews from guys like Dan.

So, at the moment, he's a maybe. But that's not any different from ANY NUMBER of figs in the line. I am a cherry-picker in the highest regard there. I like chars from pretty much every era, but I only like a select few in each.

So, it all depends.

I wish you would have included a "maybe, depends on reviews" in the poll...

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I will not be buying him. There's a reason why Toyguru's character idea was rejected by Marvel back in 1982. (In a Forest Gump voice) That's all I have to say about that.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Pass on this one.

Since TMS is going to be part of the 30th sub add-on, I'm getting him anyways... but he's gonna be my Eternian bounty hunter/merc for hire. I just need a nice sword and he'll be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    Normally I'm very supportive of brand new content in this line, but I feel strangely apathetic to the figure. I don't hate it. I don't love it. Better pictures might make me like him more, or maybe not.
    I think my brother (who collects Marvel Select) may be more interested in him than me.

I'm willing to give the figure a chance though...thank God he wasn't some idiotic goofy character, so that's a plus for me.
    Well, after getting a better look at him thanks to Pixel Dan's newly uploaded vids, I'm beginning to change my mind on the character. I will almost certainly end up buying him after all.

I love it, I'll get 2 of them in my sub

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I'm not buying him, but I'm genuinely happy for the people who like him and will own him.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    I'm getting him in my sub, but I'll be happy to pop him up on my shelf with the rest of those crazy characters.

Underdogs FTW.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!