Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An apology to Toyguru is in order.

An apology to Toyguru is in order.

I'm sorry, but I will no longer remain silent.
    Yes, there have been issues with MOTUC, both in quality control and the customer service dept. from Mattel and Digital River.

HOWEVER, when it comes to attacking someone's integrity, credibility, and NOW his creativity, I draw the line. Toyguru is NOT Mattel people. He is also NOT Digital River. He is an employee, and as an employee he must do what he is told to do, just as any of us must do at our jobs. That means giving us, or NOT giving us information as he is allowed to. It means passing along unpleasant information such as product delays, cancellations, price increases, etc. that he has no control over. It means dealing with factories half a world away in China who may or may not always do what Mattel wants. And at the end of the day, what does he get? Bashed CONTANTLY AND REPEATEDLY by an ungrateful bunch of fans who decide to take it out on the messenger whenever they don't like the message.

Toyguru has done SO MANY positive things for MOTUC yet STILL people complain about every new release, statement or announcement he makes.
    I remember at the beginning of this line, people wanted a sub, BEGGED for it!
    Well, we got it. Then we started getting more product, and people complained about wanting an all-in sub. We got it. Then people complained about the cost....see a pattern here? It seems no matter what Toyguru does, some fans are never happy.

Now the latest...this man, who has done more good for MOTU than ANY of us, save for Val and Emiliano, announces that his childhood creation will finally be made into a MOTUC figure and what happens? An entire thread bashing his creativity, and questioning his "entitlement", as if that's even a question. It's just too much.

For better or worse, MOTUC EXISTS BECAUSE OF SCOTT NEITLICH. PERIOD. Without him to champion the cause, we wouldn't even HAVE this great toyline to come on these forums and discuss. With that in mind, I put it to my fellow orgers...cut the man a little slack, and most of all, SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Matty Apologists™ unite!

You know you have my support, fellow Apologist™!

Toyguru is tha man!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Matty Apologists™ unite!
    I'm already here.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

heavy-e agrees!

criticisms to toyguru are beginning to make questionable border on disrespect without a minimum of diplomacy (essential in these sites).
    For some fans that is already a sport.

Today is a day to celebrate, not criticize
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; September 24, 2011 at 07:53pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    The DreamTripper agrees!

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

I will change my avatar as soon as Imp is made in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Yes, there have been issues with MOTUC, both in quality control and the customer service dept. from Mattel and Digital River.

HOWEVER, when it comes to attacking someone's integrity, credibility, and NOW his creativity, I draw the line. Toyguru is NOT Mattel people. He is also NOT Digital River. He is an employee, and as an employee he must do what he is told to do, just as any of us must do at our jobs. That means giving us, or NOT giving us information as he is allowed to. It means passing along unpleasant information such as product delays, cancellations, price increases, etc. that he has no control over. It means dealing with factories half a world away in China who may or may not always do what Mattel wants. And at the end of the day, what does he get? Bashed CONTANTLY AND REPEATEDLY by an ungrateful bunch of fans who decide to take it out on the messenger whenever they don't like the message.

Toyguru has done SO MANY positive things for MOTUC yet STILL people complain about every new release, statement or announcement he makes.
    Well, we got it. Then we started getting more product, and people complained about wanting an all-in sub. We got it. Then people complained about the cost....see a pattern here? It seems no matter what Toyguru does, some fans are never happy.

Now the latest...this man, who has done more good for MOTU than ANY of us, save for Val and Emiliano, announces that his childhood creation will finally be made into a MOTUC figure and what happens? An entire thread bashing his creativity, and questioning his "entitlement", as if that's even a question. It's just too much.

For better or worse, MOTUC EXISTS BECAUSE OF SCOTT NEITLICH. PERIOD. Without him to champion the cause, we wouldn't even HAVE this great toyline to come on these forums and discuss. With that in mind, I put it to my fellow orgers...cut the man a little slack, and most of all, SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Let's calm down a little and step back. How many people in that thread have actually attacked ToyGuru and how many have just criticized the design?

Count me in! The level of anger on this site is just getting ridiculous.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I have to agree that people are to quick to bash TG. I still trng to decide how I feel about his figure but he has as much right to have his figure in the line as the 4 HM. Beside it not like we are losing out on say RamMan to get Mighty Specter because after his is part of the 30th sub line. Besides we where told we get 2 of 30th form Mattle employs.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I agree.....In principle! 90% of this line is handled beautifully!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I agree, particularly in cases where criticism becomes insult.

There are so many cases of specific fan demand becoming reality in this line that it's ridiculous. Mighty Spector will be a great reminder of that, to me at least. You know what else is a great reminder? Every single other MOTUC figure and 100+ DCUC figures as well.

I'll sign to this.

I know the reason why we give him such a hard time is because he has a dream job that most of us wish we could have and when something bad happens, we all go, 'Well, I would have caught that mistake/thought ahead/planned things better/released so and so by now.'

But Scott is managing this line in a way that I only wish Jeremy and the head honchos had done during the 2k2 days.

Honestly, I can't wait to get the Mighty Spector into this line who I must say, looks way more visually appealing than many of the other Heroic Warriors.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Couldn't agree more the insults do grow tiresome.

I like The Mighty Spector!!!

Before people bash someone directly, or their work, they need to consider how they would feel if someone came to their work and bashed them and the work they were putting in. Pretty simple concept. Think before you speak and take others feelings into consideration. I haven't been posting or coming here too often in the past year mainly because of this type of behavior.

They are toys people. Toys.

Disliking a figure is one thing but attacking the man is another.

The negativity towards Scott is pathetic IMO. Some people need to grow up and get some manners.

I completely agree to this thread..We are just lucky to have a brand manager like Toyguru

Yes and Mattel continues to use Digital River as an excuse. If Mattel seriously felt DR was doing a "Bad Job!" as they have said. They would have dropped them. But in the end it comes down to logistics, which means money and DR is cheap for them to use! Mattel will never drop them for another company.

HOWEVER, when it comes to attacking someone's integrity, credibility, and NOW his creativity, I draw the line. Toyguru is NOT Mattel people.
    I don't know anything about Scott's personal life. Nor do I want to. I do not attack his family or who he is personally. I dislike the business aspect of him. The many lies he has stated over the past few years. Not listening to the real issues, like quality control and blaming fans when a issue is discovered long after the fact. Sorry but your wrong when it comes to say that he is not Mattel. He is Mattel's representative. He is the voice of Mattel when it comes to MOTUC, DCUC, Ghostbusters and many other products he is in control of launching.

He is also NOT Digital River. He is an employee, and as an employee he must do what he is told to do, just as any of us must do at our jobs. That means giving us, or NOT giving us information as he is allowed to. It means passing along unpleasant information such as product delays, cancellations, price increases, etc. that he has no control over. It means dealing with factories half a world away in China who may or may not always do what Mattel wants. And at the end of the day, what does he get? Bashed CONTANTLY AND REPEATEDLY by an ungrateful bunch of fans who decide to take it out on the messenger whenever they don't like the message.
    Did not say he is Digital River. But he does have the voice to get issues that us consumers have been complaining about resolved. And most of the time he doesn't! He spouts the word logistics a few times and then ignores the rest. And how many times has he stated there there is a length of time between they get their first product sample and to fix issues before they go into mass production. Many upon many times! And Quality Control issues still plagued this line. And what does he do? He still lets the figures be sent out. We complain cause we're tired of poor products! Why should we settle? Sorry, but we should not have to pay for poor quality! Most of us, if not all of us would gladly pay the increased cost for a figure if they can guarantee that we will not get issues with reversed shoulder, poor paint application, wrong or cheap plastic used on costumes or the bucks.

He has done some, But not to warrant to kneel in his presence! But then again. it's not just him that made the line come to fruition and sell. The Four Horsmen, They created the prototype He-Man. If it was not for their love for MOTU. The line would be dead right now! Their amazing sculpts! It had a major role in it! It does have something to do with it's fan! The 2 packs showed that the line would not work in retail. We've been clamoring ever since the 200X died that a collector's line similar to others that are sold online would be a wonderful way to get MOTU back. Then goes back to The Four Horsemen. Scott part was just getting the brass to listen!

Yes we wanted a sub cause we hated having to order from a website that Scott continually said would be able to handle the traffic! WRONG! And it still doesn't! The same goes for your second comment there! Wh wants to spend an hour trying to order a couple of figures when other sites made it easy by preordering! But I will say with his job that there will always be people he isn't able to please.

Yes, a figure that was supposedly to be made by Mattel's in house team! Not Scott himself! Again, it was bad enough to get his face on a figure. Now we get a figure made by him that was supposedly made back in the 80s? His entry into the contest that he lost! Sorry still not fair cause it's a crap figure! if he wanted the figure made. Have the Horsemen make it for him and that's it! If anyone deserved to get a figure made of a newly created character. It should have been Emiliano or Val! They both have done more for MOTU than Toyguru! And Emiliano is like the ultimate fan! Sorry, Toyguru acts like he is friends to them. Maybe he is? I don't know. But I feel like it's a slap to not only their face. but to all of us! Is it wrong to feel that way about him? Maybe. But I do!

No it doesn't! If Scott wasn't there. someone else would have picked it up cause of the work The Four Horsemen has done! It just would have been later in time! Sorry, but I will not cut the man some slack until he gets all the issues that has been problematic for this line resolved! And just for the record. I was one in the beginning who defended what He and Mattel did. But I got tired of the double talk that he kept saying. I got tired of having to call DR to get replacement figures for ones that broke due to poor quality. I got tired of not seeing the issues that many have been talking about being addressed. So I stopped defending him. I saw how so many were tired of the run a round he always does. If I see something I will address it to him! I am a consumer. Part of his job is to listen to us and address our concerns!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

This thread

=

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Yes and Mattel continues to use Digital River as an excuse. If Mattel seriously felt DR was doing a "Bad Job!" as they have said. They would have dropped them. But in the end it comes down to logistics, which means money and DR is cheap for them to use! Mattel will never drop them for another company.

I don't know anything about Scott's personal life. Nor do I want to. I do not attack his family or who he is personally. I dislike the business aspect of him. The many lies he has stated over the past few years. Not listening to the real issues, like quality control and blaming fans when a issue is discovered long after the fact. Sorry but your wrong when it comes to say that he is not Mattel. He is Mattel's representative. He is the voice of Mattel when it comes to MOTUC, DCUC, Ghostbusters and many other products he is in control of launching.

Did not say he is Digital River. But he does have the voice to get issues that us consumers have been complaining about resolved. And most of the time he doesn't! He spouts the word logistics a few times and then ignores the rest. And how many times has he stated there there is a length of time between they get their first product sample and to fix issues before they go into mass production. Many upon many times! And Quality Control issues still plagued this line. And what does he do? He still lets the figures be sent out. We complain cause we're tired of poor products! Why should we settle? Sorry, but we should not have to pay for poor quality! Most of us, if not all of us would gladly pay the increased cost for a figure if they can guarantee that we will not get issues with reversed shoulder, poor paint application, wrong or cheap plastic used on costumes or the bucks.

He has done some, But not to warrant to kneel in his presence! But then again. it's not just him that made the line come to fruition and sell. The Four Horsmen, They created the prototype He-Man. If it was not for their love for MOTU. The line would be dead right now! Their amazing sculpts! It had a major role in it! It does have something to do with it's fan! The 2 packs showed that the line would not work in retail. We've been clamoring ever since the 200X died that a collector's line similar to others that are sold online would be a wonderful way to get MOTU back. Then goes back to The Four Horsemen. Scott part was just getting the brass to listen!

Yes we wanted a sub cause we hated having to order from a website that Scott continually said would be able to handle the traffic! WRONG! And it still doesn't! The same goes for your second comment there! Wh wants to spend an hour trying to order a couple of figures when other sites made it easy by preordering! But I will say with his job that there will always be people he isn't able to please.

Yes, a figure that was supposedly to be made by Mattel's in house team! Not Scott himself! Again, it was bad enough to get his face on a figure. Now we get a figure made by him that was supposedly made back in the 80s? His entry into the contest that he lost! Sorry still not fair cause it's a crap figure! if he wanted the figure made. Have the Horsemen make it for him and that's it! If anyone deserved to get a figure made of a newly created character. It should have been Emiliano or Val! They both have done more for MOTU than Toyguru! And Emiliano is like the ultimate fan! Sorry, Toyguru acts like he is friends to them. Maybe he is? I don't know. But I feel like it's a slap to not only their face. but to all of us! Is it wrong to feel that way about him? Maybe. But I do!

No it doesn't! If Scott wasn't there. someone else would have picked it up cause of the work The Four Horsemen has done! It just would have been later in time! Sorry, but I will not cut the man some slack until he gets all the issues that has been problematic for this line resolved! And just for the record. I was one in the beginning who defended what He and Mattel did. But I got tired of the double talk that he kept saying. I got tired of having to call DR to get replacement figures for ones that broke due to poor quality. I got tired of not seeing the issues that many have been talking about being addressed. So I stopped defending him. I saw how so many were tired of the run a round he always does. If I see something I will address it to him! I am a consumer. Part of his job is to listen to us and address our concerns!
    Excellently said.

Some often forget that Mattel is a company and that we are the customers - Mattel is not a charity for fans.

Scott is an employee of said company that is paying him for his professional work. On top of that, sub holders are also contract bound to buy said works whether they like it or not - This means that he deserves much more scrutiny and criticism than an ordinary fan.

On top of that, Scott is not one to carry himself professionally as his PR skills are very appalling and borderline insulting to customers. I am sure that has also contributed to why people are very 'negative' towards him.

I agree... why should anyone bash another's design? If u dont like it dont buy it... but dont be an ass about it.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    I agree... why should anyone bash another's design? If u dont like it dont buy it... but dont be an ass about it.
    Some people who already bough the sub don't have such a choice

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Some people who already bough the sub don't have such a choice
    People bought subs because they are completists,loves everything MOTUC and doesn't have time to be online during the sale days..and yes we know what buying subs is all about

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    I'll will happily sign this thread! I've been a work all day and came home excited to see what was revealed at Power-Con. What I walked into, however, was an already pages long thread bashing Toyguru for making a character. COME ON PEOPLE!!! The negativity from people lately is getting to be even too much for me to handle! If if wasn't for him, you wouldn't even have a MOTU line to grip about! Toyguru, I personally think you're doing a fine job, I love the character, and I personally thank you for everything.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    MOTUC was born and is alive thanks to TG.

Widget
    I just recently got into collecting MOTUC in May of this year, and am absolutely hooked and really committed. Most of that is due to the fact that the line feels so intimate. There is NO other line out there that has a "go-to" person like MOTUC. I love that I can see AskMatty Q & A's every few days, and really feel like I am in the loop.....I have a ton of figures in my house, and am most happy with and proud of my MOTUC

Scott has done, and continues to do, a tremendous job with this line and I appreciate his honesty and openess about it. Kudos to Scott, and I look forward to his figure. He deserves it.