Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Spector- a liberty too far from Toyguru?

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    If Spector's real name was Josh, would that help?
    Yes, actually. Give him a second head and I'm totally satisfied.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Court Magician
    I like to think of these figures as later additions to the line, as if they would be the additions made in a 1989, 1990, or 1991 wave of original He-man toys. Some of the later additions certainly moved away from the strict barbarian ethos anyway with figures such as Rio-blast and Ninjor.

I welcome these new additions and consider them motuc's answer to "What if...?!"

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Is anyone else excited by how much this recalls the Triton winged bull from the Blackstar toy line?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...rtritonb1c.jpg
    I also thought that the first time I saw Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I think the total silence and lack of applause in the room when The Mighty Spector was revealed during the panel says it all...
    And as for Mighty Spector - shortly after SDCC I wrote in the official thread that I feared the worst for the two inhouse designed characters. Can't say I was wrong. This is the worst figure ever. It is astonishing this actually got through. I mean if I think what Emiliano or any other artist could have achieved and then look at ... this. Very sad ... there's a german saying for this: Schuster bleib' bei Deinen Leisten.
    Last edited by belmont; September 25, 2011 at 11:05am.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    More Mighty Spector pics!

I think the straight purple is what bothers me most. He needs more colours. Like...if his undies were black and the center part the same colour it is, might help!
    It's a body suit, not skin. The techno parts (hip, gloves, etc) are meant to reflect that. Basically, Scott did a near total parts re-use to make a figure. I like the character name, that he is an heroic character, and especially his cosmic key. I don't like the spade emblem, but it is an easy fix to paint or glue something over it. Time travelling is always a fun theme. Can't wait to read the bio!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't been here in a while (30th Joes hit) and I'm fresh to what's been going on. Being this is the thread for the upcoming Spector figure, I would like to state that I personally feel that Scott Neitlich has been doing a good job handling the MOTUC toyline. With that said, I would also like to state my opinion on the upcoming toy of his design on this, grand, and public forum;

The Mighty Spector figure SUCKS.

That's the first time I've felt that way about a MOTUC figure. Hopefully it's the last.

Thank you.

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Someone over on Facebook said this about the Mighty Spector figure

"This figure is a physical representation of how Mattel has treated fans of this line for the past few years"

Sadly I agree

Heroic Warrior
    Put me in the minority of liking this figure. I think it fits MOTU just fine when you take a step back and actually look at the wide array of characters. Also for those claiming "rip-off", Isn't this line's main character often referred to as a Conan rip-off?

To be honest, the more I look at him, the more I like him. He's more NA than vintage ofcourse (I think the 'unintentional' red diamond eyes throw me off a bit), but I like him more today than yesterday. I still don't think he would ever be a "must-have", but I don't think he will prevent me from buying the 30th anniversary sub. There ya go Scott...you just got your first 'official' convert!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I'm not crazy about the look of the character - he does look too X-Men-y, but there again, characters like Rio Blast do take some getting used to as well.

It does bug me a bit to hear TG's ongoing insistence that someone like Illumina needs some kind of greater support - because if that's the benchmark we're working off of, there is quite a number of figures who shouldn't be made.

I'll get Spector (I'm sorry, I'm not referring to him as 'mighty') because I have the 30th sub, but he's got nowhere near the appeal for me as Draego-Man or Photog.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I don't care for him. He looks way too much like a comic book character whether he was inspired by certain ones or not.

I'm starting to wish I had not got the Sub add on now. Draego looked really cool but Spector and Photog are rubbish to me.

Ok, guys, we've gone around this track enough. Please move the discussion over to the Official Mighty Spector thread, and make sure to read the first post.

We don't have long discussions on whether or not the Horsemen had a right to create Draego-Man, and we won't be doing it with ToyGuru either.

Being the brand manager gives him perfect right to create a figure for this special line. If anyone else was given the opportunity, they'd jump on it too.

Congrats to Scott for getting his figure made finally, and for having such a great job with great perks!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!