Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

  1. #2601
    Heroic Warrior baron ironblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    secret island
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I'm loving the Anti-Spector avatar!!!
    thanks. i loved it when i first saw it, too. it was drawn and posted by member berserker79 here (scroll down).

    i'll probably take it down when spector finally arrives, though.

  2. #2602
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Gallows
    Posts
    885
    Maybe Spector could go back in time and redraw Scott's childhood drawing so that it doesn't actually look like a totally cliche and pedestrian superhero and we end up getting a descent figure instead?

  3. #2603
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,631
    ...well I like his Bio!

    I can't wait to read the second and third minicomics.

    Oh, I havent been posting much this past week (almost), but that's because our daughter, Hermione Opal, was born on Friday the 23!!!

    (Not trying to Shanghai the thread, just a Proud Daddy!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  4. #2604
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Gallows
    Posts
    885
    Congratulations Uki!

  5. #2605
    I am Tri-Klops! Vahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,509
    If I remember correctly, Scott said that the spade would be explained in the bio. In the He-Ro: Son of He-Man bible, did KING ADAM have a spade-like symbol on his crown? The sketch is hard to see on my monitor, but I thought there was a detail similar to a spade up there, that would justify the otherwise strange choice of symbol for SPECTOR.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

  6. #2606
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Gallows
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    If I remember correctly, Scott said that the spade would be explained in the bio.
    Didn't happen... but keep reading the Bios! Maybe in a movie year! Banana peels and old cardboard!

  7. #2607
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    The Black Wizard? The Fighting Foe Men? Are these new concepts created by TG??? Is he trying to expand this line beyond the vintage concepts? I am so not interested in this --- I would rather see the remainig vintage figures be made first, then he can dabble in a new market for his new and improved MOTU line. But that's just me folks... Are people actually interested in these new ideas that have manifested from the introduction of The Mighty Spector? No wonder he keeps saying the line is doing fine... He seems to have big, big, big plans for this tiny, tiny, tiny line. Someone stop me if I'm on the wrong track, which I probably am because I so misinformed and uneducated in the world of MOTU.

  8. #2608
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,798
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    The Black Wizard? The Fighting Foe Men? Are these new concepts created by TG??? Is he trying to expand this line beyond the vintage concepts? I am so not interested in this --- I would rather see the remainig vintage figures be made first, then he can dabble in a new market for his new and improved MOTU line. But that's just me folks... Are people actually interested in these new ideas that have manifested from the introduction of The Mighty Spector? No wonder he keeps saying the line is doing fine... He seems to have big, big, big plans for this tiny, tiny, tiny line. Someone stop me if I'm on the wrong track, which I probably am because I so misinformed and uneducated in the world of MOTU.
    The Fighting Foe men is a concept from before the vintage line. There are several threads on them.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  9. #2609
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    The Fighting Foe men is a concept from before the vintage line. There are several threads on them.
    So If a concept already exists, why is it when ever we ask who they are, we get the "keep reading the bio's" crap?

  10. #2610
    Heroic Warrior labrat1881's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    So If a concept already exists, why is it when ever we ask who they are, we get the "keep reading the bio's" crap?
    Oh man.You comment a lot but you don't pay attention

  11. #2611
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,798
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    So If a concept already exists, why is it when ever we ask who they are, we get the "keep reading the bio's" crap?
    "Fighting Foe Men" was one of the working titles for the line back in the 80s. It's similar to how the character we know know as Vikor went on to become He-Man. Fighting Foe Men went on to become Masters of the Universe.

    Just as concept He-Man and Skeletor have both made it into the line, the Fighting Foe Men have as well in the bios. Exactly who that title refers to is yet to be seen, but there are rumor flying around if you look hard enough.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  12. #2612
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by baron ironblood View Post
    thanks. i loved it when i first saw it, too. it was drawn and posted by member berserker79 here (scroll down).

    i'll probably take it down when spector finally arrives, though.
    Thx man, you`re welcome!

  13. #2613
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    "Fighting Foe Men" was one of the working titles for the line back in the 80s. It's similar to how the character we know know as Vikor went on to become He-Man. Fighting Foe Men went on to become Masters of the Universe.

    Just as concept He-Man and Skeletor have both made it into the line, the Fighting Foe Men have as well in the bios. Exactly who that title refers to is yet to be seen, but there are rumor flying around if you look hard enough.
    J-On Dor-man- Evil Foe Man and master of Thread Riot Management!

  14. #2614
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by labrat1881 View Post
    Oh man.You comment a lot but you don't pay attention
    Yes, I've already admitted to being self inflictedly uninformed in previous posts... Now who's not paying attention.

  15. #2615
    CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    belfast northern ireland
    Posts
    5,508
    well IMO the bio states out what we all thought it to do, make him a gary sue. he has a huge connection to the main characters, had the plot changed to focus on him and made sure he is the only one who can have a moment in the final outcome

    i'm surprised he wasn't married to adora or teela and he-man's long lost son
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

  16. #2616
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,798
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    J-On Dor-man- Evil Foe Man and master of Thread Riot Management!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  17. #2617
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    well IMO the bio states out what we all thought it to do, make him a gary sue. he has a huge connection to the main characters, had the plot changed to focus on him and made sure he is the only one who can have a moment in the final outcome

    i'm surprised he wasn't married to adora or teela and he-man's long lost son
    Good points- I think the Mary/Gary Sue criteria are definitely there, although this wasn't the worst insertion of a new character. I'm just a little confused about what exactly MS is supposed to do.

    If we ever get some new animation, I imagine that Spector will be like Loo-kee hiding in the background, but he will be in every pivotal scene.

    That is, if the new cartoon isn't titled Mighty Spector: The Master of the Universe. You never know, Mattel might decide that the He-Man concept is retired. Kids these days want time travelers in purple spandex.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  18. #2618
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    If it had actually been "picked" like Photog or the upcoming contest winner, I think many would have less of an issue with it.
    I thought TMS was the fan created figure?
    "picked" the same as Photog was?
    Am i missing something?

    So...my understanding was;
    1. Fan created figure
    2. Matty created figure
    3. Four Horsemen created figure
    4. Photog

    Right?

  19. #2619
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,085
    Quote Originally Posted by JorReno View Post
    I thought TMS was the fan created figure?
    "picked" the same as Photog was?
    Am i missing something?

    So...my understanding was;
    1. Fan created figure
    2. Matty created figure
    3. Four Horsemen created figure
    4. Photog

    Right?
    1. Fan created figure won't be revealed until SDCC and will be released at the end of the year.
    2. and 3 Mattel has two figures:L1 from Scott Neitlich/Toyguru (Mighty Spector) and one from Terry Higuchi (not yet revealed).
    4. Yes, the 4h created Draego-Man
    5. Photog
    6. Sir Laser Lot, revealed at Toyfair, was designed by Geoff Johns from DC comics.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  20. #2620
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    8,982
    I wonder if the Mighty Spector is the Dan Hibiki of MOTUC...

    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  21. #2621
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,145
    Nah, Dan's more like Mo-Larr, a character that was never meant to be taken seriously.

  22. #2622
    Heroic Warrior Metalogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Marcos,TX
    Posts
    174
    I saw an earlier post and saw the Remco "mighty crusaders" comparison ; something clicked in my memory ; then I found this guy

    !B7C1iGQB2k~$(KGrHqR,!igEyeGv3w+SBMzGrUn70!~~_3.jpg

  23. #2623
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I wonder if the Mighty Spector is the Dan Hibiki of MOTUC...

    http://www.fightersgeneration.com/ch...uperfinish.gif
    DAN IS A FREAKING BEAST HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH SAIKYO STYLE!

  24. #2624
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,631
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  25. #2625
    SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Dan Hibiki first appeared in the video game Street Fighter Alpha / Zero by Capcom as a hidden playable character. He was created as a parody of their then rival video game series, Art Of Fighting series of characters by SNK.
    Capcom purposfully made him the worst character to play with, with a weak moveset, and laughable animations, but with a huge ego, purely as a joke. Since then, he has actually gone on to become a fan favorite, and gained a cult following, mostly due to his lameness...
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •