Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I'm loving the Anti-Spector avatar!!!
    thanks. i loved it when i first saw it, too. it was drawn and posted by member berserker79 here (scroll down).

i'll probably take it down when spector finally arrives, though.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe Spector could go back in time and redraw Scott's childhood drawing so that it doesn't actually look like a totally cliche and pedestrian superhero and we end up getting a descent figure instead?

...well I like his Bio!

I can't wait to read the second and third minicomics.

Oh, I havent been posting much this past week (almost), but that's because our daughter, Hermione Opal, was born on Friday the 23!!!

(Not trying to Shanghai the thread, just a Proud Daddy!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Congratulations Uki!

If I remember correctly, Scott said that the spade would be explained in the bio. In the He-Ro: Son of He-Man bible, did KING ADAM have a spade-like symbol on his crown? The sketch is hard to see on my monitor, but I thought there was a detail similar to a spade up there, that would justify the otherwise strange choice of symbol for SPECTOR.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    If I remember correctly, Scott said that the spade would be explained in the bio.
    Didn't happen... but keep reading the Bios! Maybe in a movie year! Banana peels and old cardboard!

Heroic Warrior
    The Black Wizard? The Fighting Foe Men? Are these new concepts created by TG??? Is he trying to expand this line beyond the vintage concepts? I am so not interested in this --- I would rather see the remainig vintage figures be made first, then he can dabble in a new market for his new and improved MOTU line. But that's just me folks... Are people actually interested in these new ideas that have manifested from the introduction of The Mighty Spector? No wonder he keeps saying the line is doing fine... He seems to have big, big, big plans for this tiny, tiny, tiny line. Someone stop me if I'm on the wrong track, which I probably am because I so misinformed and uneducated in the world of MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    The Black Wizard? The Fighting Foe Men? Are these new concepts created by TG??? Is he trying to expand this line beyond the vintage concepts? I am so not interested in this --- I would rather see the remainig vintage figures be made first, then he can dabble in a new market for his new and improved MOTU line. But that's just me folks... Are people actually interested in these new ideas that have manifested from the introduction of The Mighty Spector? No wonder he keeps saying the line is doing fine... He seems to have big, big, big plans for this tiny, tiny, tiny line. Someone stop me if I'm on the wrong track, which I probably am because I so misinformed and uneducated in the world of MOTU.
    The Fighting Foe men is a concept from before the vintage line. There are several threads on them.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    The Fighting Foe men is a concept from before the vintage line. There are several threads on them.
    So If a concept already exists, why is it when ever we ask who they are, we get the "keep reading the bio's" crap?

So If a concept already exists, why is it when ever we ask who they are, we get the "keep reading the bio's" crap?
    Oh man.You comment a lot but you don't pay attention

"Fighting Foe Men" was one of the working titles for the line back in the 80s. It's similar to how the character we know know as Vikor went on to become He-Man. Fighting Foe Men went on to become Masters of the Universe.

Just as concept He-Man and Skeletor have both made it into the line, the Fighting Foe Men have as well in the bios. Exactly who that title refers to is yet to be seen, but there are rumor flying around if you look hard enough.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baron ironblood View Post
    thanks. i loved it when i first saw it, too. it was drawn and posted by member berserker79 here (scroll down).

i'll probably take it down when spector finally arrives, though.
    Thx man, you`re welcome!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    "Fighting Foe Men" was one of the working titles for the line back in the 80s. It's similar to how the character we know know as Vikor went on to become He-Man. Fighting Foe Men went on to become Masters of the Universe.

Just as concept He-Man and Skeletor have both made it into the line, the Fighting Foe Men have as well in the bios. Exactly who that title refers to is yet to be seen, but there are rumor flying around if you look hard enough.
    J-On Dor-man- Evil Foe Man and master of Thread Riot Management!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by labrat1881 View Post
    Oh man.You comment a lot but you don't pay attention
    Yes, I've already admitted to being self inflictedly uninformed in previous posts... Now who's not paying attention.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    well IMO the bio states out what we all thought it to do, make him a gary sue. he has a huge connection to the main characters, had the plot changed to focus on him and made sure he is the only one who can have a moment in the final outcome

i'm surprised he wasn't married to adora or teela and he-man's long lost son
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    J-On Dor-man- Evil Foe Man and master of Thread Riot Management!

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    well IMO the bio states out what we all thought it to do, make him a gary sue. he has a huge connection to the main characters, had the plot changed to focus on him and made sure he is the only one who can have a moment in the final outcome

i'm surprised he wasn't married to adora or teela and he-man's long lost son
    Good points- I think the Mary/Gary Sue criteria are definitely there, although this wasn't the worst insertion of a new character. I'm just a little confused about what exactly MS is supposed to do.

If we ever get some new animation, I imagine that Spector will be like Loo-kee hiding in the background, but he will be in every pivotal scene.

That is, if the new cartoon isn't titled Mighty Spector: The Master of the Universe. You never know, Mattel might decide that the He-Man concept is retired. Kids these days want time travelers in purple spandex.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    If it had actually been "picked" like Photog or the upcoming contest winner, I think many would have less of an issue with it.
    I thought TMS was the fan created figure?
    "picked" the same as Photog was?
    Am i missing something?

So...my understanding was;
    1. Fan created figure
    2. Matty created figure
    3. Four Horsemen created figure
    4. Photog

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by JorReno View Post
    I thought TMS was the fan created figure?
    "picked" the same as Photog was?
    Am i missing something?

So...my understanding was;
    1. Fan created figure
    2. Matty created figure
    3. Four Horsemen created figure
    4. Photog

Right?
    1. Fan created figure won't be revealed until SDCC and will be released at the end of the year.
    2. and 3 Mattel has two figures:L1 from Scott Neitlich/Toyguru (Mighty Spector) and one from Terry Higuchi (not yet revealed).
    4. Yes, the 4h created Draego-Man
    5. Photog
    6. Sir Laser Lot, revealed at Toyfair, was designed by Geoff Johns from DC comics.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I wonder if the Mighty Spector is the Dan Hibiki of MOTUC...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Nah, Dan's more like Mo-Larr, a character that was never meant to be taken seriously.

I saw an earlier post and saw the Remco "mighty crusaders" comparison ; something clicked in my memory ; then I found this guy

!B7C1iGQB2k~$(KGrHqR,!igEyeGv3w+SBMzGrUn70!~~_3.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I wonder if the Mighty Spector is the Dan Hibiki of MOTUC...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/ch...uperfinish.gif
    DAN IS A FREAKING BEAST HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH SAIKYO STYLE!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    Dan Hibiki first appeared in the video game Street Fighter Alpha / Zero by Capcom as a hidden playable character. He was created as a parody of their then rival video game series, Art Of Fighting series of characters by SNK.
    Capcom purposfully made him the worst character to play with, with a weak moveset, and laughable animations, but with a huge ego, purely as a joke. Since then, he has actually gone on to become a fan favorite, and gained a cult following, mostly due to his lameness...
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL: