Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

All true. The suit (not a costume, but a suit I say!) is better than the Mattel one (though I do love that Scott was game for that, well done to him!).

And yes, let's see a "making of" - how was it done? How much did it cost? That's a lot of work!

More pictures? You must have taken lots.

Hell, this has the effect (for me) like the best fan-art (e.g. Bearshow's) - it makes me LIKE TMS.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    All true. The suit (not a costume, but a suit I say!) is better than the Mattel one (though I do love that Scott was game for that, well done to him!)....
    I loved that Scott did that too! And as awesome as Dan's Mosquitor head was, I think Scott blew him away! On a related note, Scott's little teaser photos leading up to SDCC have made me always pose Spector fighting Mosquitor now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Wow, that is over the top! How about a behind the scenes on how you put it together?
    ...And yes, let's see a "making of" - how was it done? How much did it cost? That's a lot of work!

More pictures? You must have taken lots....
    I need to do a proper photoshoot, but the costume actually still isn't finished yet. I have to add the little gold 'veins' or whatever they are to the front of the harness, and I'm making the boots (the ones I wore here are just painted catcher's gear). But I plan to post the pics, the cost, and a full recipe in the Custom Figure and Sculpture section like I did with my TRI-KLOPS. (< click it)

...Hell, this has the effect (for me) like the best fan-art (e.g. Bearshow's) - it makes me LIKE TMS.
    Mission accomplished! Scott sent me back in time to help bring more popularity to his creation (I actually said this to him at Power Con)!!!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Mighty Spector is everywhere I look

So today I was watching TV with my son, and who should appear but the Mighty Spector:

The funny thing is the guy kinda' traveled through time too.

So who knows what show I was watching? Give it your best guess, we'll see how good your TV knowledge is. (I'll post the year of when this was made Sunday mid-day if no-one guesses by then)

Heroic Warrior
    Sadly I know. I don't get to watch sports just cartoons all day. I saw it Agee years ago. Future version of Timmy Turner from fairly odd parents?
    Successful Transactions with: Jeff_R
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by DarrkKnight View Post
    Sadly I know. I don't get to watch sports just cartoons all day. I saw it Agee years ago. Future version of Timmy Turner from fairly odd parents?
    Yep, you're good.

BTW for those wondering the year was 2004, way before Spector came out.

So I was one of the ones who didn't think the spade symbol made much sense but I think I understand the significance of it now.

54mm_Spade_Hands.jpg

It's a clock hand.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    BTW for those wondering the year was 2004, way before Spector came out.
    But perhaps he went back in time??

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    So I was one of the ones who didn't think the spade symbol made much sense but I think I understand the significance of it now.

54mm_Spade_Hands.jpg

It's a clock hand.
    I would love to ascribe this level of intelligent design to Scott's borrowed sygil, but let's be honest here guys... it's a spade through and through.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior

54mm_Spade_Hands.jpg

It's a clock hand.
    Interesting (no sarcasm). Makes sense.

No offence, but the clockhand reference was mentioned and discussed months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    But perhaps he went back in time??

I would love to ascribe this level of intelligent design to Scott's borrowed sygil, but let's be honest here guys... it's a spade through and through.
    I agree. It IS a spade but this style of clock hand is called a "spade clock hand". I'm not saying it was his intention for it to represent a clock hand but now that I have made that connection I'm not bothered by it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post

I looked to see if it had been, but with 115 pages of posts I just don't have time to look through them all. I haven't followed this thread since the first few pages until today.

I looked to see if it had been, but with 115 pages of posts I just don't have time to look through them all. I haven't followed this thread since the first few pages until today.
    How dare you not read 115 pages before posting here!

Hilarious! Sadly, I think I have (although it was as they were developing, not just in one solid read-through), but it is all starting to blur a bit. I just find the controversy and hatred of this character absolutley hysterical.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!

How the heck did I miss that? Gah!

I think it's a No-Prize for certain, but I like it! I'm down with that to explain the spade.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    How the heck did I miss that? Gah!

I think it's a No-Prize for certain, but I like it! I'm down with that to explain the spade.
    Yeah I missed it too. I agree, it could make for a good explain.....

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i actually only just recieve a spector the other day, in hand strangely he looks alot bigger! it might be jsut the way the pictures were taken but he seemed a lot wider! he's standing on top of my 200x grayskull till i get a shelf for new adventures/son of he-man (no point right now since hardly any have came out)
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I know. I'm such a horrible .Orger!

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    i actually only just recieve a spector the other day, in hand strangely he looks alot bigger! it might be jsut the way the pictures were taken but he seemed a lot wider! he's standing on top of my 200x grayskull till i get am shelf for new adventures/son of he-man (no point right now since hardly any have came out)
    He is pretty large in hand even though he is basically a naked buck. I just can't use him for anything except to stick him in the back of the POG guys.

But that's the best thing about a time traveller; you can put him on any shelf, PoG, NA, Great Unrest, etc. However, since SDCC I always pose Spector fighting Mosquitor!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I recently got a second Spector to use the buck for a UK Horde Prime............this should make TG feel all warm inside after all the flak he's taken over this figure: my 5 year old wants me to look for a 3rd one for him to have because he likes the figure so much.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    my 5 year old wants me to look for a 3rd one for him to have because he likes the figure so much.
    I don't doubt it. My nephew always wants to pick up spector. Out of every MOTUC he wants him. Of course I don't let him, because no one touches my toys but me! But really, I think spector is a lot of fun. I move him all through my collection actin' all spectory and creepy. He's hanging with all the preternia guys at the moment.

Oh and I like the clock hand/spade idea. Works really well with the time travel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    He is pretty large in hand even though he is basically a naked buck. I just can't use him for anything except to stick him in the back of the POG guys.
    He's actually a perfect NA figure. That's where I put mine.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    He's actually a perfect NA figure. That's where I put mine.
    Same here!! And that's a team that is sorely lacking so it works well to have him boost the Galactic Protectors.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    my 5 year old wants me to look for a 3rd one for him to have because he likes the figure so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    My nephew always wants to pick up spector. Out of every MOTUC he wants him.
    This is why I wish I could somehow shut off my grumpy adult eyes and turn on my child eyes again.

DANGIT now I wana make some clock-hand swords for Spector!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.