Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Spector rapping in Brazil?

Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Not sure if this was mentioned before but I just watched an old episode of Justice League Unlimited and saw a villain that had more than just a yellow belt in common with our pal Spector...Chronos!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Based on the fact it was designed by Scott as a child I can be pretty forgiving I think I like the characters idea if not his execution. But even a child's idea must evolve, especially when he has the 4H working on it for him. This character is easily my least favorite of the 30th anniversary line up. His idea and or concept is pretty decent but the psuedo deadpool look just kills it for me. I like the playing card theme but do they play cards in eternia? Was he planning to join club infinite earth as a member if the royal flush gang? Sorry I just don't get this guy maybe if I was still a kid, but as it is no thank you.

If ever a character needed an alternate head, it's The Mighty Spector. I like the concept and the bio, but the overall design seems a bit too simple and flat. I would have liked to have another display option for him, like maybe a special unmasked 'Scott' head.

I know the palace guards sort of comes with one, but if you don't have them, you are out of luck. I think an unmasked head would help the character's overall appearance. Ditto for Sir Laser Lot.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    The Mighty Spector Thread........... On It's Way To The 3000th Post !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Colossor View Post
    Based on the fact it was designed by Scott as a child I can be pretty forgiving I think I like the characters idea if not his execution. But even a child's idea must evolve, especially when he has the 4H working on it for him. This character is easily my least favorite of the 30th anniversary line up. His idea and or concept is pretty decent but the psuedo deadpool look just kills it for me. I like the playing card theme but do they play cards in eternia? Was he planning to join club infinite earth as a member if the royal flush gang? Sorry I just don't get this guy maybe if I was still a kid, but as it is no thank you.
    playing cards have had the spade design since the 1300's- so i think we can just put that in the category of all the other medieval iconography that is prevalent in MOTU.

frankly though, i've considered swapping his armor pieces for something from one of the weapons packs or a character i'm not using and just giving him a new name and backstory. it wouldn't be the first time i've done that.

oh, and cool screen name and avatar- i love to see colossor getting some love. hope he gets made.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Well after remembering this I can see maybe Spector is a master of time as it seems he has been everywhere...

51GLslxUNuL._SS500_.jpg
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    playing cards have had the spade design since the 1300's- so i think we can just put that in the category of all the other medieval iconography that is prevalent in MOTU.

frankly though, i've considered swapping his armor pieces for something from one of the weapons packs or a character i'm not using and just giving him a new name and backstory. it wouldn't be the first time i've done that.

oh, and cool screen name and avatar- i love to see colossor getting some love. hope he gets made.
    When I first saw him and it was known he was a time traveler, I always assumed it was the spade at the end of the hands of a clock. I didn't even think of a spade for cards, until that's what everyone started mentioning in the Spector bashing.

I enjoyed TMS as a toy. I'm having a hard time with his Color Scheme and X-Men like suit but He was quite fun to play with. Im just glad that the rest of 30th seemed so bizarre that I have him kicking it with Photog, and CastleGraysullMan, and SLL and it somehow makes sense.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    Same here and thank. Nice Plundor avatar I also hope he gets made. Either way Colossor and Plundor are both far superior to this marvel/motu mash-up, the spectacular Specturd.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Well after remembering this I can see maybe Spector is a master of time as it seems he has been everywhere...

51GLslxUNuL._SS500_.jpg
    Oh dear. Just when you thought Spector could not get any more pathetic.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Spector rapping in Brazil?
    the funny thing about this is the rapper guy was trying to copy cyclops from the xmen,....!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post

51GLslxUNuL._SS500_.jpg
    I remember those guys!
    Last edited by seth-man; March 10, 2013 at 03:31pm.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Wow! I am so buying that toy on eBay!

Are people still ragging on Spector? That was soooo last year!

Personally, I can't wait to put him next to King He-Man with SLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post

Not at all this was gonna lead to a thread called the Spector Sightings...
    Last edited by Nemisythe; March 10, 2013 at 07:13pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I really like the MotUC Spector
    I hope we get his whip in the next weapons pak!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I also have to add, still really like TMS figure - a great toy.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Colossor View Post
    I like the playing card theme but do they play cards in eternia? Was he planning to join club infinite earth as a member if the royal flush gang?
    playing card symbols have been around longer then spector

get your Bow figure out and look at the arrows in his quiver ... nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post

I'll take the blame for resurrecting this thread but when I saw Chronos on Justice League Unlimited with his time travel suit, gold belt, "collector mentality", I couldn't resist bringing it to light. I can only hope Lt. Spector's wife is nothing like Chronos' wife in the episode.

Here's more info on the episode.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Justice_Lea..._Western_Tales
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Wake Up People ! We've just got a new "Toy Guru" Post !!

Let's make another 80+ "Thank You Toy Guru" posts so that this thread can reach the epic "3000 Posts" mark !!!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Wow! I am so buying that toy on eBay!
    Haha Scott. Obviously a different company made this Chuck Norris cat, but in terms of MOTU, since Spector is a time travel dude, he very easily could have gone back in time and learned ancient Ninja ways to bring back to the future to fight against Ninjor....or maybe Spector killed Ninjor in the past and is now Ninjor......OUCH my head hurts I think I just unravelled the space time continuum.

Heroic Warrior
    As far as I'm concerned, Mighty Spector's rightful place will forever be in the public toilets of toy history ! Just next to Mo-Larr and Vykron...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Mighty Spector's rightful place will forever be in the public toilets of toy history ! Just next to Mo-Larr and Vykron...
    You........ Made......... Me........ LOL !!!!!