Page 102 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I don't really see anything more to say about the figure until a bio is revealed or the figure is in hand; everything else has pretty well been covered in depth.
    I didn't see anyone discussing the TMS "face lift" as shown in the recent toy show thingy walk-through with Pixel Dan.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

off topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Oohh...! Then what is the French word for "'electronic message on a forum"
    they don't have a specific French word for it other than "un message" or "un commentaire". I've seen people use the term "un post" as well ("poster un post").

And a thread is "un fil de discussion"

on topic:

Spector still sucks, now where's that bio so we can start tearing it apart
    Last edited by Crusader; March 26, 2012 at 05:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Aww, as Scott is the only one who got the joke, I now feel bad for saying Spector sucks, even though I'd kind of forgiven the design some pages back.

The more I reflect on it, the more I wish Spector had a different lower body - unique legs perhaps. What throws me off are the Trap Jaw legs. Not sure why. Too chunky for his upper body?

:
    I don't know... I think the trap Jaw legs are what ties him to the line. I think if he had more 'unique' parts... then the people claiming he doesn't 'fit' with MOTU would have a point

Really guys? We're still doing stuff like this? It's getting old.

Moderators have posted warnings in this thread countless times in effort to keep it open for discussion. Having to come in here and delete post after post after post is not conducive to civil discussion, or keeping this thread open.

Please stop this nonsense. We really don't want to start handing out suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I don't really see anything more to say about the figure until a bio is revealed or the figure is in hand; everything else has pretty well been covered in depth.
    I couldn't agree more. There's only so many ways to say that you don't like a figure.

Now where's that beating a dead horse .gif?
    Last edited by dorrmann; March 26, 2012 at 06:49pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JorReno View Post
    Awful looking figure.
    I seriously cannot believe that it was picked.
    If it had actually been "picked" like Photog or the upcoming contest winner, I think many would have less of an issue with it.

Spector is just too much like Deadpool(Nemesis Variant) for me to believe it was a coincidence. If Snake Eye's, Vigilante, and Deadpool didn't already exist, the design of Spector would be fine. The name however, still evokes the "Mighty" Ducks.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    There's only so many ways to say that you don't like a figure.
    There are always new members, or members who haven't expressed an opinion yet, who might say something about TMS.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I couldn't agree more. There's only so many ways to say that you don't like a figure.

Now where's that beating a dead horse .gif?
    Then why keep it open? I love how anything that dares question TPTB gets deleted, but the posts that spew hatred are kept.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Then why keep it open? I love how anything that dares question TPTB gets deleted, but the posts that spew hatred are kept.
    For this reason...

There are always new members, or members who haven't expressed an opinion yet, who might say something about TMS.
    Honestly, if we did close this thread, we'd just have a new one pop up when someone else wanted to talk about Spector.
    We'll keep deleting/editing the insults and inappropriate posts, and leave the topic open for when people want to discuss the figure and/or his bio.

That said, we have warned everyone in this thread multiple times to stop with the insults and name calling.
    From this point forward, we will start giving 2-week suspensions for those who continue to do it.
    So please, make it easier on everyone and post your opinion in a constructive manor, or don't bother.

And finally, if see a post you think should be edited/deleted, report it.
    If you have questions or concerns about how a thread/post/topic is being moderated, please PM the mod(s) of that forum and ask.
    Posts about that kind of thing are always deleted. It's a forum policy.

Thank you.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Excellent point. That type of post is why we keep it open. We love to have all members express their love/displeasure for any figure. That's what makes a discussion board great. It's the members that post time and time again how much they hate it who are beating a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    See above for why we try and keep it open.

As for "questioning the powers," it's explicitly stated in the forum rules that concerns about moderation should be handled in private via PM or email. We discourage discussion of such in threads because it derails the topic at hand. See this thread for a perfect example of such.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Let me get this straight. If we insult The Mighty Spector, we are subject to suspension?

there's a difference between being negative and being negative about the topic.

example: this thread is terrible VS. TMS is terrible

stay on topic and avoid personal insults and there won't be a problem.

to be on topic: TMS is terrible...sorry scott.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Let me get this straight. If we insult The Mighty Spector, we are subject to suspension?
    Just be respectful to everyone and you shouldn't have to worry about it.

I'll chime in and say that I like the figure. I like the color scheme and the concept. The 4HM touch of the cosmic key on his arm is genius. When I get him I will do a few alterations. I plan on doing a wash over his armor to dull it down a little. I do think it would have been best if Toyguru had redesigned the markings on his face and his armor a bit to diminish the similarities to Deadpool, but I still think he is a cool looking figure with an interesting character concept.

I even did an in-between custom of Spector. Where he is no longer a Palace Guard but on an elite squad that protects the royal family and takes care of some of the more morally questionable missions.

I know its not fashionable to like TMS, but I don't mind going against the grain. I will happily get him when he is released.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Just be respectful to everyone and you shouldn't have to worry about it.
    But you didn't really answer my question... If we insult The Mighty Spector, are we subject to suspension???

Keep in mind that The Mighty Spector is a fictional character/inanimate object. To tell us we can't express our hatred for a piece of plastic as many times as we feel nessecary in a public thread is hippocritical. I can understand the TG bashing should be put to rest. However, not a complete halt.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    *reads last few pages of thread*

If this thread hadn't already jumped the shark, it definitely has now. If a thread can jump the shark, that is.
    now ive got images of spector zooming though doctor who's time corridor riding the flying shark!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

But you didn't really answer my question... If we insult The Mighty Spector, are we subject to suspension???

Keep in mind that The Mighty Spector is a fictional character/inanimate object. To tell us we can't express our hatred for a piece of plastic as many times as we feel nessecary in a public thread is hippocritical. I can understand the TG bashing should be put to rest. However, not a complete halt.
    I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious or not...
    No, we don't mean you can't post "Mighty Spector sucks".
    Which I would think would be clear from the 100 pages of posts saying almost exactly that.
    But if you want to "insult" Spector, do so in a way that doesn't break any forum rules about content/language/etc...

Though I'd hope you could be a little more constructive and articulate, if that's all you've got to say about it, that's fine.
    What you need to avoid, as always, is being insulting and disrespectful to other forum members, Mattel, ToyGuru, the 4 Horsemen, and anyone else I forgot to mention. So yes, the "TG bashing" does need to be brought to a complete halt.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious or not...
    No, we don't mean you can't post "Mighty Spector sucks".
    Which I would think would be clear from the 100 pages of posts saying almost exactly that.
    But if you want to "insult" Spector, do so in a way that doesn't break any forum rules about content/language/etc...

Though I'd hope you could be a little more constructive and articulate, if that's all you've got to say about it, that's fine.
    What you need to avoid, as always, is being insulting and disrespectful to other forum members, Mattel, ToyGuru, the 4 Horsemen, and anyone else I forgot to mention. So yes, the "TG bashing" does need to be brought to a complete halt.
    I am seroius, although I can't blame you for being unsure do to my track record as a jackass on this site. But I just wanted to be sure.

I didn't know Mattel was a member of the site. fascinating!
    Last edited by mekaneckpain; March 26, 2012 at 07:38pm.

Guys, please stay on topic. No personal insults and keep it civil. There will be ramifications if this stuff continues as you all have been told many times.

If you have serious issues with how things are done you are more than welcome to pm me, pm the site owner JVS3, or any of the mods of this area.

But people won't be warned again, Thanks!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Mighty-Spector

The above link is to a Mighty Spector poll someone made. Looks like the majority think TMS is a joke. Aside from people who bought the 30th subs that are now stuck with the figure, It will be interesting to see just how well he will sell. I'm sure he'll sell out--- completists and those who are undecided but buy him anyway will see to his sell out.

Heroic Warrior
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Mighty-Spector

The above link is to a Mighty Spector poll someone made. Looks like the majority think TMS is a joke. Aside from people who bought the 30th subs that are now stuck with the figure, It will be interesting to see just how well he will sell. I'm sure he'll sell out--- completists and those who are undecided but buy him anyway will see to his sell out.
    He'll also sell well to people who want a UK accurate Horde Prime!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    He'll also sell well to people who want a UK accurate Horde Prime!
    I would think he'd also be purchased by fans of Deadpool as well as some customizers that would like to use his wrist Cosmic Key thingamabob.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I would think he'd also be purchased by fans of Deadpool as well as some customizers that would like to use his wrist Cosmic Key thingamabob.

GOOD POINTS!

Heroic Warrior
    I used to not mind him, but my opinion of a certain brand manager has only deteriorated since joining the line so now I'm no longer so keen. I'll still buy him, but probably just so I can stick voodoo pins in him.

And please remember I'm just talking about doing this to an inanimate object, not an actual person.

Heroic Warrior
    You know, I never thought about the potential it has for customs... If nothing else, he's the perfect base for a male character. But he's still sucks.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Yeah... I just saw the pixel-dan walkthrough that showed a pretty good shot of the mini-key... The other pictures I saw weren't very clear... I knew he had SOMETHING on his wrist that controlled his traveling... but I hadn't SEEN it...

Now that I have, that wrist key was a stroke of GENIUS on the Horseman's part!! I love it!