Page 104 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3006

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Me neither... I'm just confused that TG has time to post about his own figure, but no time to address the issue of extreme delays on international orders. I think international customers are owed an explanation as to what is causing the widespread and extremely lengthy delays. He has addressed the quality control issue, but I've yet to see him give a suitable answer with respect to the international shipping situation.

No name calling and no disrespect. Granted my post was off topic, but I think its pretty understandable that I would seek answers when I am waiting over 10 weeks on several hundred dollars worth of merchandise, as are several other members of this form. Thus when I see a thread that TG actually posts on, I'm going to raise the issue again in the hopes that he might actually respond. The best option would have been for him to simply respond in the thread I created on the topic, but unfortunately that has not yet happened and I'm unsure as to why that is the case when he evidently visits this forum.

That's all I'll say on the issue in this thread and apologies if my previous post was taken the wrong way. Peace.

Back on topic... I think Spector is an ok figure, but not one I'm anticipating with baited breath or anything... like for Draego-Man for example!!
    It's just that it gets into the territory of cross-posting. It's completely off topic, and there are better ways to get a message to ToyGuru than posting in a topic about a specific figure.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    You know, I can see how just about all of those words could be considered offensive but the "P" words inclusion on the list surprised me. It's not a derogatory title. As a matter of fact, several members actually refer to themselves using the "P" word. Personally, I like everything MOTU except NA so it's impossible for anyone to accurately describe me as a Purist. IF I were lets say a Miniternia ONLY fan and someone used the "P" word to describe me, I don't see how I could begin to be offended by it. I might actually embrace the title because it would be accurate if I was a "MINITERNIA OR BUST" guy. Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic there but that words inclusion really surprised me.

Getting back to Spector, he comes on an awesome card!
    Purist is only listed because some fans were throwing it out as an insult. I guess it's like the word "geek" or "nerd." People can identify with those terms in a positive way, and people can call each other that without meaning anything negative. On the other hand, people calling others that in an insulting way isn't cool. Unfortunately it's because of members here throwing around the word negatively that we had to add it to the list.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    It was actually Terry who added the key. My original drawings was a standard computer wrist comm link device. Terry changed it to the key which yes, was a stroke of genius.

Bio up on Facebook BTW. have at it!
    Taking the Cosmic Key and turning it into a tiny wrist mounted gizmo was a very cool idea. Making it double as an energy weapon - not so much.

I don't like that such a small device has so many functions. I would have preferred a seperate wrist weapon on his other arm.

Didn't the whip get cut?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Didn't the whip get cut?
    Yeah but there is still the key blade
    the ignore list is my new best friend

"Keep reading the bios." After finally reading Spector's bio, I can say that I'm content with it. Its simple, yet adds much info to the MOTUC cannon story arc as well with many loopholes though.
    I still have an issue on his name though. Nothing says "I'm a special secret time agent guardsman" than using your own real last name with the title of "Mighty" given by yourself a la Joxer the Mighty from Xena Plus being flung into the future automatically qualifies him to be a worthy candidate for such sophisticated equipment? Its like giving a medieval knight the keys to your Wind Raider

Cosmic Key wrist gauntlet can be like Iron Man's Chest power core, small device with ample energy that serves multiple functions.

Other than that, I have grown to accept Spector as I'll be getting 2, one to ''fix'' and one to be magically merged with Hordak's father to become Horde Prime (UK)! COOL!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Plus being flung into the future automatically qualifies him to be a worthy candidate for such sophisticated equipment? Its like giving a medieval knight the keys to your Wind Raider
    Well... He wasn't thrown THAT far into the future... He landed in the time of King He-man.... And He-man KNEW him as an ever-loyal guard John Spector...

So it's not like he was a strange guy in the middle of highly advanced society or anything... HONESTLY it's not much different than finding Fisto missing for years after the Great War and inviting into the Masters...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well... He wasn't thrown THAT far into the future... He landed in the time of King He-man.... And He-man KNEW him as an ever-loyal guard John Spector...

So it's not like he was a strange guy in the middle of highly advanced society or anything... HONESTLY it's not much different than finding Fisto missing for years after the Great War and inviting into the Masters...
    This would make sense then. I wonder how far into the future it is during King He-Man's reign? (A gray haired Adam perhaps?)
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    SO, Lt. Spector is thrown into a time portal as Skeletor becomes King and he arrives in the future where He-Man is King?

DID I MISS SOMETHING???

It sounds like things worked themselves out on Eternia before Lt. Spector became the "Mighty" Spector. I guess the Cosmic Enforcers were capable of doing their job WITHOUT Spector.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Ha I noticed that as well. Things do work themselves out since He-Man is king in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Plus being flung into the future automatically qualifies him to be a worthy candidate for such sophisticated equipment? Its like giving a medieval knight the keys to your Wind Raider
    LOL, Good point.

Cosmic Key wrist gauntlet can be like Iron Man's Chest power core, small device with ample energy that serves multiple functions.
    I suppose so, but none of Iron Man's equipment is as complex as a time machine. I always thought the technology of MOTU was designed with a single function in mind. Grizzlor's crossbow doesn't double as a hairdryer, for example.

Other than that, I have grown to accept Spector as I'll be getting 2, one to ''fix'' and one to be magically merged with Hordak's father to become Horde Prime (UK)! COOL!
    Yeah, I have to admit i'll be getting a second Spector too, for custom purposes .

Heroic Warrior
    Well, with the release of Spector's bio, it looks like all the hemming and hawing about Spector being the key character in the mythos has been proven baseless. Let's see how many Spector critics acknowledge that...
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Taking the Cosmic Key and turning it into a tiny wrist mounted gizmo was a very cool idea. Making it double as an energy weapon - not so much.

I don't like that such a small device has so many functions. I would have preferred a seperate wrist weapon on his other arm.
    It's like it's the iPhone of Cosmic Keys. Maybe Clamp Champ put more apps in it than just the energy weapon.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Does anyone know how to make stickers from online images or have a better picture of the Grayskull Warrior's ring symbol? I am hoping to place something like this over the silly spade:

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Apologize if anybody else already report this:

Last edited by Mamblo; March 28, 2012 at 11:10am.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Time traveling heroes with no restrictions on their actions are a deus ex machina I've never cared for (never cared much for time travel stories, period, to be honest), so I'm predisposed to dislike Spector on that count. The paradoxes just start piling up too much, and tend to give lazy writers a crutch, so I'm not thrilled with Spector's bio as someone who can interfere with events past and future.

As for Slushy, glad to see them giving a nod to the his release outside the states with his real name. The figure looks really good, too, which is the important part to me. We do still need the big two from the NA era, though (wow, imagine me actually asking Mattel to make He-Man and Skeletor variants!).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The Spector bio touches on some key future events nicely, although the choice of wording could've been a bit better. A few of you have pointed out that things seemed to have worked themselves out from the time he is transported (during King Skeletor's reign) to when he receives the Vortex suit (during King He-Man's reign). Well, from my personal assumptions, it's totally possible that by the time King He-Man is ruling Eternia there could very well be a villain that can time travel also and plans to sway the future in their or their leader's favor. Things may have worked out with He-Man as king but who's to say Spector has to stop someone from killing Marlena before the twins were born? I know the design of Spector has swayed folks to not like him and not put much worth into how he's being inserted into the MOTU mythos but I'm honestly interested to find out about some of his adventures stopping various events from changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Well, with the release of Spector's bio, it looks like all the hemming and hawing about Spector being the key character in the mythos has been proven baseless. Let's see how many Spector critics acknowledge that...

"Spector uses his Vortex Suit to turn the tide in battle"

"Lt. Spector was cut off from the rest of the Masters of the Universe"

It sounds like "HE" is a key character. He not only does the job He-Man used to do(turning the tide), but he also changes time which is above and beyond anything the Cosmic Enforcers do. And although "HE" was only a Lieutenant in the Royal Guard, he was considered one of the Masters since "he was cut off from the rest of them". With those minuscule details in mind, the "hemming and hawing" seems to be justified.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds to me like The Mighty Spector is NOW the most powerful man in the universe. Master of traveling back in time so he can change the tide... more like change the timeline, thus allowing a new continuity within the existing story arcs in MOTU. Absolutly brilliant TG... not only do you have your own action figure(s)... but now you can use their abilities to mold MOTU into anything you want it to be. MYP's new cartoon was bad enough, now MOTU has to be reinvented, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    While he's not THE key player, he still IS a Key player with Gary Stu attributes... which is what many of the detractors feared... Sure he's not a big Mary Sue like Bella Swan or half of the roles played by Milla Jovovich... but he kinda reeks like one.

-KING He-Man CHOSE Spector as the "Royal Family's Time Agent"... This Ultimate Power was bestowed upon this "former Redshirt" that seemingly deserted his post for whatever time passed between his first time travel. Why?

Also what IS his job exactly as a "Time Agent"? We know that he fights for the Royal Family throughout Eternia's History... What does "Fighting for the Royal Family" mean?

That's without mentioning the points brought forth by MasterCollector.

In my fan Continuity he'll be more like Marty McFly...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    What does "Fighting for the Royal Family" mean?
    Exactly. Does this mean he fights for Skeletor given that he has reconquered the throne?

TG wrote a bunch of gobbledygook to make his tribute-to-self character seem awesome, but all he's really done is shoot himself in the foot as far as the Bios making any sense whatsoever... keep reading though... TG will promise to dig himself out of this hole, but all that will really happen is it will get deeper and deeper and then the line will end. Problem solved.

Heroic Warrior
    In all fairness to Scott and without ruining the mini-comic #3, the issue of why in relation to Spector having said role gets fleshed out a tad more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    He's a time traveler, he saw a fashion he liked and stole it, Eternia is only one part of the Universe, he went to Earth in the 70's, 80's, 90's & the 00's and saw all of this and said, now that's style....and here we are.

And you can also blame him for all the spandex and body suits on Eternia....something he brought back with him, and everyone went nuts
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    With any hope The Mighty Spector will go back in time and make Teela, Scare Glow, Tri-Klops and other rarer/popular early figures from this line easier to get a hold of. THAT would be a good use of Spector's power. Either that or erase himself from the timeline. I'll take either.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    With any hope The Mighty Spector will go back in time and make Teela, Scare Glow, Tri-Klops and other rarer/popular early figures from this line easier to get a hold of. THAT would be a good use of Spector's power. Either that or erase himself from the timeline. I'll take either.
    or just go back in time and make all our early motuc figures ankle joints tighter...

Quote Originally Posted by baron ironblood View Post
    or just go back in time and make all our early motuc figures ankle joints tighter...
    That would be the best thing the "Mighty" Spector could contribute to MOTUC.

I'm loving the Anti-Spector avatar!!!