Page 106 of 121 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
    You make Dan Hibiki cry with a statement like that, Uki-yuki...

Well, maybe The Mighty Spector can be MOTU's version of Kenny where he comes in to save the day at the end and meets a horrible fate in doing so. But since he is the Master of Time Travel, he comes back in the next episode as a future self to do it all over again.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 30, 2012 at 12:39pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Maybe Spector could go back in time and redraw Scott's childhood drawing so that it doesn't actually look like a totally cliche and pedestrian superhero and we end up getting a descent figure instead?
    Scott's got a Spector in his pants and he ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it ...
    he's generic and you know it

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    But since he is the Master of Time Travel, he comes back in the next episode as a future self to do it all over again.
    Yes !!! Just like Prometheus's liver
    Last edited by Crusader; March 29, 2012 at 08:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    I saw an earlier post and saw the Remco "mighty crusaders" comparison ; something clicked in my memory ; then I found this guy

Attachment 74617
    Yes I think "Mighty Spector" is a tribute for the "Mighty Crusaders" (one of the many motu knock-off line in the 80's). Look at the armour here It's basically the same:

My question is, if MIghty Spector is a tribute for the teh "Mighty Crusaders", is Draego Man a tribute for the "Warrior Beast"? And Sir Lazer Lot a tribute for the "Galaxy Warriors"? Now this is so cool!
    Last edited by Mamblo; March 30, 2012 at 02:21am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    Yes I think "Mighty Spector" is a tribute for the "Mighty Crusaders" (one of the many motu knock-off line in the 80's). Look at the armour here It's basically the same:
    http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/u...tycrusader.jpg
    i don't know.. Metalogan's is similiar... in a generic kind of way... but your picture is a bit of a stretch.

I think he-man's armor is more similiar to that guy's than Spector's is...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/u...tycrusader.jpg

My question is, if MIghty Spector is a tribute for the teh "Mighty Crusaders", is Draego Man a tribute for the "Warrior Beast"? And Sir Lazer Lot a tribute for the "Galaxy Warriors"? Now this is so cool!
    TG has said that he created TMS as a scooby doo villain.

Quote Originally Posted by eldestson View Post
    tg has said that he created tms as a scooby doo villain.
    I can't wait for more scooby doo in MOTUC.

I mean, absolutely anything fits in MOTU, doesn't it?

Ri rav ruh roweeeer!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    TG has said that he created TMS as a scooby doo villain.
    no he didnt, go listen to the roast goooble TMS episode, he said he got the idea for the eyes from a ghost in the scooby doo intro, but im sure you checked your facts before jumping on the pile
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    no he didnt, go listen to the roast goooble TMS episode, he said he got the idea for the eyes from a ghost in the scooby doo intro, but im sure you checked your facts before jumping on the pile
    no need to be snarky. i was misremembering.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oo#post2909448

in any case, there has been nothing to indicate TMS is a tribute to Mighty Crusaders.

FYI The Mighty Crusaders were Archie Comics' version of DC's JLA or Marvel's Avengers. If anything, I'd say Remco's line was in response to Kenner's Super Powers or Mattel's Secret Wars.

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Yes !!! Just like Prometheus's liver
    Could be but I was also thinking like Willie from The Simpson's Halloween Episode VI where in each story ("The Shinning", "Time and Punishment" and "Nightmare Cafeteria"), Willie tries to come in to help only to get killed.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Is misremembering like mid-speaking, misquoting, and other words politicians use for "told a lie" or BS? (Teasing!)

I love the Scooby ghost eyes, actually-I always loved those in the opening credits of the earliest stuff-before Scrappy came along...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

What I can't believe is how the current brand manager is introducing his own original character into the line, which is SOOO disparate from TMS. And obviously a childhood creation - how hard is it to draw a naked dude with a chest harness and furry underwear? And the name! He-Man?! It's like a bad joke! I'm just glad TMS clearly transcends the fans and the flawed ideas of self proclaimed "Toy Gurus" everywhere.

(Sorry I was late to the party! )

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Could be but I was also thinking like Willie from The Simpson's Halloween Episode VI where in each story ("The Shinning", "Time and Punishment" and "Nightmare Cafeteria"), Willie tries to come in to help only to get killed.
    as long as it hurts, it's fine by me
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Captain Atkin / MegaGearMax posted a new interview with Scott.

http://he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2552

I don't have too much to say about Spector... I can get over the masked spandex part... it is Eternia, they have a space Cowboy and Rock people... spandex, isn't too outlandish...

I just can't get over the spade... it just stands out too much for my taste. Why, oh why, Scott did you use an existing symbol on him? Why not use He-man's iron cross, or a totally new symbol? Personally, I would have used the Cosmic Warrior symbol like Zodak/Zodac and had him part of that faction... I mean who better to time travel, than a "cosmic worrior"...

Also... for some reason, when ever I see or hear about Spector... I for some reason alsways hear Gwildor asking him "Who's your daddy, Spector!?!"
    Last edited by Rain; May 3, 2012 at 09:58am.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    I don't have too much to say about Spector... I can get over the masked spandex part... it is Eternia, they have a space Cowboy and Rock people... spandex, isn't too outlandish...

I just can't get over the spade... it just stands out too much for my taste. Why, oh why, Scott did you use an existing symbol on him? Why not use He-man's iron cross, or a totally new symbol? Personally, I would have used the Cosmic Warrior symbol like Zodak/Zodac and had him part of that faction... I mean who better to time travel, than a "cosmic worrior"...

Also... for some reason, when ever I see or hear about Spector... I for some reason alsways hear Gwildor asking him "Who's your daddy, Spector!?!"
    Bow has a heart emblem and Spades, Diamonds and Club-tipped arrows in his MOTUC quiver. He-Man has an Iron Cross on his chest while Skeletor sports cross-bones, Hordak a red bat while Sy-Klone has a Saturn-like planet on his belt buckle. It does have precedents - symbols that mean something on Earth that may mean nothing, have a different meaning on Eternia.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Captain Atkin / MegaGearMax posted a new interview with Scott.
    thx (i never go to the front page so i always miss the news posts)

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Bow have a heart (means loving She-ra)

The spade have nothing to do with time...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Ok, I wish Scott would refrain from using Back To The Future to explain time travel! There is no time vortex! It's a threshold! When the DeLorean jumps from one point to another, The trip is instantaneous! It's explained in the films! Does that mean when Spector jumps he'll be covered in a layer of ice too? And since he is using the Cosmic Key, the suit is useless! The characters in the film didn't need a suit! Also the comic establishes that He-Man doesn't need a suit! Skeletor doesn't need one! Poorly developed concept and back story for this bad character! At least when I make a character who is to be based inside a already established universe. I do look at all the variations of that universe to see what will can work and what can't in the bio for my character.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

It's quite possible Spector is using a sorta 2.0 Cosmic Key because the original one no longer exists... so whatever they were able to cobble together to create this new wristband key might require the user to be encased in the vortex suit. "Back in the day", with Gwildor's key, you could just have you and all your friends jump into a portal and tada! You're all transported! But in King He-Man's time- and perhaps because of the result of what conflicts arose when the original Cosmic Key existed- I mean seriously- both Skeletor and Evil-Lyn ended up using it for their own evil purposes!- they were only able to construct something that allowed one user at a time to travel via this method.

That's me, defending The Mighty Spector's abilities... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The spade have nothing to do with time...
    yeah man - everytime i see a clock with spade hands i think 'those horologists are so silly'

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    thx (i never go to the front page so i always miss the news posts)
    NP. There was a time (not too long ago) when I barely ever checked the front page.

Well at least we know there's a chance an evil warrior who has some brain can destroy all of his plasma pellets and leave stuck somewhere....
    FAR AWAY from the MOTU time line we love!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Ok, I wish Scott would refrain from using Back To The Future to explain time travel! There is no time vortex! It's a threshold! When the DeLorean jumps from one point to another, The trip is instantaneous! It's explained in the films! Does that mean when Spector jumps he'll be covered in a layer of ice too? And since he is using the Cosmic Key, the suit is useless! The characters in the film didn't need a suit! Also the comic establishes that He-Man doesn't need a suit! Skeletor doesn't need one! Poorly developed concept and back story for this bad character! At least when I make a character who is to be based inside a already established universe. I do look at all the variations of that universe to see what will can work and what can't in the bio for my character.
    The Time Vortex is quite prevalent in Dr. Who, and I think a couple of other franchises too. Soooo it's not an unheard of concept, and the idea of needing something surrounding you to protect you is fairly common.

ANyone remember the quote about WHY Doc Brown chose a 'delorian'? I seem to remember something about the stainless steel frame being important for the construction.... but All I can remember is the add on 'and if your gonna make a time machine out of a car... do it with STYLE!"

I like the idea of the 'vortex suit' and had pretty much come to the same conclusion ever since I noted it had no eye holes..

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    It's cool to see the toy Scott used to call Captain Spector. Had NO idea what he was talking about when listening/reading about it before. It's also neat to actually see which Hotwheels care he named Spector. I thought it was the purple and yellow set:

There's also this one (with hologram card):

I also, REALLY, want to see a movie poster or comic book cover that shows some action/suspense going on with the title "The Mighty Spector: Outta Ammo, Outta Time!" It totally sounds like a 90's action film!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah