Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

I saw a new release of the Spector car (mainline) in red and gold today. I'd love to get the first one to use as TMS' remote scout droid!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Who is making this amazing ammo?

And why doesn't TMS carry a ton of it in a backpack?

And what happens when he gets a little rip in his suit? Parts of his body get left on a different time-frame?

Presumably, that's a strong suit.

*sigh*
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    It's quite possible Spector is using a sorta 2.0 Cosmic Key because the original one no longer exists... so whatever they were able to cobble together to create this new wristband key might require the user to be encased in the vortex suit. "Back in the day", with Gwildor's key, you could just have you and all your friends jump into a portal and tada! You're all transported! But in King He-Man's time- and perhaps because of the result of what conflicts arose when the original Cosmic Key existed- I mean seriously- both Skeletor and Evil-Lyn ended up using it for their own evil purposes!- they were only able to construct something that allowed one user at a time to travel via this method.

That's me, defending The Mighty Spector's abilities... LOL.
    BAD BAD BAD! Don't ever try to defend a poorly developed character and storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    The Time Vortex is quite prevalent in Dr. Who, and I think a couple of other franchises too. Soooo it's not an unheard of concept, and the idea of needing something surrounding you to protect you is fairly common.

ANyone remember the quote about WHY Doc Brown chose a 'delorian'? I seem to remember something about the stainless steel frame being important for the construction.... but All I can remember is the add on 'and if your gonna make a time machine out of a car... do it with STYLE!"

I like the idea of the 'vortex suit' and had pretty much come to the same conclusion ever since I noted it had no eye holes..

I know about the time vortex used in shows like Doctor Who. But he keep referring back to Back to the Future. And he's wrong! In the films, Doc Brown never fully explains the reasoning behind why he picked the DeLorean other than the Stainless Steel construction made the flux dispersal... "LOOK OUT!" One can only speculate that it has something to do with helping to protection the vehicle and it's driver from the effects of traveling through time.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I enjoyed the interview and actually look forward to receive Spector. Scooby Doo is one of my favorite shows and the influence being present there is very interesting. Of course I would not know if TG did not mention that in the interviews, but now I do know and it makes the figure interesting for me. Did TG mention anywhere how did he come up with the name Spector? Does it have to do again with the Scooby Doo influence - like a ghost/spectre => Spector?

Also I find it interesting that TG and Geoff chose the characters they imagined as children. This was a nice message to those fans who wanted to join the 'design a character' contest that you do not need to be a toy designer to come up with your idea and join the contest.

So if it happens that the WindRaider sells well we might expect the Spector hotwheel to be included in MOTUC as Spector's vehicle in MOTUC size! Right!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I know about the time vortex used in shows like Doctor Who. But he keep referring back to Back to the Future. And he's wrong! In the films, Doc Brown never fully explains the reasoning behind why he picked the DeLorean other than the Stainless Steel construction made the flux dispersal... "LOOK OUT!" One can only speculate that it has something to do with helping to protection the vehicle and it's driver from the effects of traveling through time.

To be fair, I've seen him reference BTTF, Star Trek, Who and a couple of other time travel shows.... and THIS time....

He is not a superhero and does not have a secret identity. He wears a mask because in order to travel through time he needs to be completely incased in his Vortex suit (like being inside the Delorean in Back to the Future, anything outside the Delorean doesn’t go through time). If he took the mask off, he would arrive though time without half of his head! He is not hiding his identity, but rather wearing a functional suit to use its powers.
    He's not comparing BTTF with a Vortex.

He simply states, that nothing outside the Delorean gets transported, Same as the Vortex suit. If he didn't have his mask, his head wouldn't make the trip... Same as if Biff was clinging on the back of the Deloreon... It's something nobody would have expected to be feasable. The WHOLE suit is the 'time machine' not JUST the Cosmic Key.

It's a clarification that I appreciated, because it's easy to assume that the key itself is the time travel device like originally... but the suit is just as important as the key.

He DOES have a habit of mixing his examples sometimes, but this wasn't realy one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    Bow has a heart emblem and Spades, Diamonds and Club-tipped arrows in his MOTUC quiver. He-Man has an Iron Cross on his chest while Skeletor sports cross-bones, Hordak a red bat while Sy-Klone has a Saturn-like planet on his belt buckle. It does have precedents - symbols that mean something on Earth that may mean nothing, have a different meaning on Eternia.
    I think only the iron cross and the suit of cards really count as earth symbols, the others are a bit of a stretch. I'm not all to keen on Bow's arrowheads either or any other links between Eternia and our planet for that matter. The reason why the iron cross doesn't bother me that much is that I got to know this symbol through He-Man first ...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    He wears a mask because in order to travel through time he needs to be completely incased in his Vortex suit (like being inside the Delorean in Back to the Future, anything outside the Delorean doesn’t go through time). If he took the mask off, he would arrive though time without half of his head!
    That's a great idea for an alternate head, just like Keldor
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Here's your alternate head...

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Even in Terminator, Kyle said that "something about the field generated by a living organism (which brings to question: is the T-1000 alive?)," and in the novelization of Terminator 2: Electric Boogaloo there's a scene (presumably from the original script, though I'm not sure) with Kyle about to enter the Time Displacement ChamberTM, where they're smearing some kind of conductive jelly all over him to "help it follow his outline," so even though the concept seems a bit more nebulous in those films, there is a sense of necessitated containment. I like that Scott gave us a reason for the Crazy Purple SuitTM.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    lol

Is Ziggy in his wristband?

Widget
    I would have passed on this figure if hadn't been for getting the sub for Draego-Man.

I'm going to pick one up. I like the colors, the design, and the character background. I like the idea of the time agents and seeing some character development given to a Palace Guard. It gives all of them more interest as something more than background characters.

I only wish TG had changed the armor a bit so he would not look so much like Deadpool, not that it bothers me, but it's been such a big source of contempt for others, I think doing that would have lessened the overall hatred that people have for him.

I wouldn't even buy that figure for a $1.00 with free shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I'm going to pick one up. I like the colors, the design, and the character background. I like the idea of the time agents and seeing some character development given to a Palace Guard. It gives all of them more interest as something more than background characters.

I only wish TG had changed the armor a bit so he would not look so much like Deadpool, not that it bothers me, but it's been such a big source of contempt for others, I think doing that would have lessened the overall hatred that people have for him.
    Yeah The idea of Spector is not too bad... its just the design and execution that leaves much to be desired!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    lol

Is Ziggy in his wristband?
    LOL, translucent plastic AL accessory not included (cut due to costs)
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

... that's much better

I never noticed before but either that spandex is ultra tight or Spector has a serious case of frosty nipples.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Brilliant sir. This would make the figure a winner.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Not looking forward to this one, sorry
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Started a thread for the ppl planning to buy The Mighty Spector to customize him to bring him more in line with the MOTUC line's [One Unified look ]...

How Do You Plan To Customize Your Mighty Spector Figure?

norrissuperninjamocwm.jpg

i know what toy he had as a kid lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    i know what toy he had as a kid lol
    Now THAT makes Mighty Spector even more generic !

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    Wow. That's TMS! Deadpool meets Chuck Norris ninja enemy.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    ... that's much better

I never noticed before but either that spandex is ultra tight or Spector has a serious case of frosty nipples.
    You just introduced a new concept character: Nippl-Or!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    You just introduced a new concept character: Nippl-Or!
    Yeah, people are SO going to love him

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Yeah, people are SO going to love him
    Not as much as his twin sister, Nip-Elle.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Dude, you're killing me
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Now that would have been something for the Create-a-Character contest

I'm picturing her already ^^