Page 114 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

I was sad. But it probably wasn't included because of possible backlash. But I would have taken that over the green Clawful club.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    So, is anyone else really disappointed that Spector's whip is the *only* pulled accessory that isn't in the new weapons pak? I know people would have gone ballistic if that was there and something else wasn't, but honestly, that is the missing accessory that I wanted most. It looked really cool on the original slides.
    I think they saved the whip for Battleground Spector...
    Positivity, folks!
    Lets all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

So, is anyone else really disappointed that Spector's whip is the *only* pulled accessory that isn't in the new weapons pak? I know people would have gone ballistic if that was there and something else wasn't, but honestly, that is the missing accessory that I wanted most. It looked really cool on the original slides.
    I was hoping to get it too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I was sad. But it probably wasn't included because of possible backlash. But I would have taken that over the green Clawful club.
    I agree. I'm not even sure the point of the green Clawful mace. Didn't we already get that?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Of all the cut or demanded accessories, Spector's whip seemed to have the least vocal advocates (or just the fewest), so I am glad if there was a finite number of "new" accessories that could be in WP3, that it was Spector's whip that got the axe so to speak. Now that they've opened this door, that whip can show up in a future pack, so I'd say everyone who wants it needs to keep asking for it loudly and often.

I think if it madeit in but not the mace no one would be mad. it seems the mace is getting the most backlash at the moment. the Clawful sheild too, but I think it's a great snakemen sheild.
    Last edited by krosfyah; July 12, 2012 at 04:00pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I definitely was! I would have taken that over HALF of the stuff that's in there because it's something they showed us and we didnt get. Also it's a neon green energy whip, who wouldn't want that to juice up their Spector a bit more.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I think if it madeit in but not the mace no one would be mad. it seems the mace is getting the most backlash at the moment. the Clawful sheild too, but I think it's a great snakemen sheild.
    The shield is fine with me, but this is an honest question:

How is Clawful's green mace different from the one that came with him?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I want that energy whip!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    The shield is fine with me, but this is an honest question:

How is Clawful's green mace different from the one that came with him?
    I couldn't tell you! that's why it's getting the most hate and if they put in spector's whip instead of that, it wouldn't be a controversial issue,
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    Based on the fact almost all of the weapons sculpted so far have been or will be made soon leads me to think we will get Spector's energy-whip at some point. Someone suggested it come with Gwildor, that's as good an idea as any. But if they have to tool it into a mold for another translucent green part just to make it we might have to wait for Slime Pit He-Man or a new Goddess.
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

Heroic Warrior
    The whip is VERY character specific.... and it's specific to a character that has the least amount of fans.

The way they did it, it has to come attached with the key, and will only work for Spector. I'm not surprised at all that they kept it cut. I think if they put it IN, there would be a ton of people complaining about Scott's creation taking over even MORE

Personally... I'm MOST upset at the white bird... WHY do we need ANOTHER bird?!?! And if they are going to put the bird in there.... WHERE"S THE STAND?!?!?!?! We went for years dealing with Teela's Zoar with no stand, and it ALWAYS annoyed me... are they going to include a white stand with the NEXT weapon pack?!?!

For that matter... I think it's STUPID to release an accesory in a widely distributed pack like that... that only the people who get the super-rare convention exclusive figure will want...

TOD sorceress should have come with the bird and stand.... The ORB HOLDER that we ALL need for our little sub required marble should have been in the pack

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I assumed it didn't come in place of the mace because the mace was already made while the whip wasn't. I don't know why they didn't use a different color for the mace though. That more than anything seems to be the reason for singling it out. Personally I think the repainted Teela sword looks kind of meh too with no paint apps but people don't seem to mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    The whip is VERY character specific.... and it's specific to a character that has the least amount of fans.

The way they did it, it has to come attached with the key, and will only work for Spector. I'm not surprised at all that they kept it cut. I think if they put it IN, there would be a ton of people complaining about Scott's creation taking over even MORE
    I'm sure they would, but I don't know that there aren't lots of fans who liked Spector enough that they'd want that whip somehow. Now that we've got all the other accessories, demand may go up for it. I know I'd like it now that I have all the others. The Snake Armor is very specific to Teela though, so the whip has a shot (okay, there's the Goddess too I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent John Utah View Post
    Based on the fact almost all of the weapons sculpted so far have been or will be made soon leads me to think we will get Spector's energy-whip at some point. Someone suggested it come with Gwildor, that's as good an idea as any. But if they have to tool it into a mold for another translucent green part just to make it we might have to wait for Slime Pit He-Man or a new Goddess.
    I agree it will probably turn up in the future, though probably in a weapon's pack. I don't know about it coming with Gwildor though because I can't imagine him not coming with a new version of the Cosmic Key and he simply must come with his staff! In that respect, the whip still has to wait its turn for a clear opening.
    Last edited by gbagok; July 12, 2012 at 09:09pm.

I dunno what it is about the figure, but I kinda like Spector (the toy)... I still think he's a Mary Sue and that the design isn't that great, but he's a fun toy... I wish we get the whip eventually!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I wish the spade symbol was a clock face.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Of all the cut or demanded accessories, Spector's whip seemed to have the least vocal advocates (or just the fewest), so I am glad if there was a finite number of "new" accessories that could be in WP3, that it was Spector's whip that got the axe so to speak. Now that they've opened this door, that whip can show up in a future pack, so I'd say everyone who wants it needs to keep asking for it loudly and often.
    The lack of a red Teela shield and Spector's whip really baffle me. Especially over the green mace.

If they'd really wanted to they could have sculpted a simple new accessory (like a handle) that allowed any character to hold the whip. Want He-Man to use it? Attach it to the handle and put it in his hand. Want it to be wielded by Spector? Attach it directly to his wrist. Easy.

Including it in a future weapons pak would be good, but it means we won't see it for another 15 months, at the earliest! That's way too long to have Spector on our shelves looking all bland and uninspiring. I honestly don't understand why it was cut in the first place, it's not like he came with many accessories anyway.

Oh well.
    Last edited by Tribal Spaceman; July 13, 2012 at 04:32am.

Heroic Warrior
    More power to you for those who wanted the energy whip to be included with the weapons pack. I'm glad they didn't though since it can only be used for Spector anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    More power to you for those who wanted the energy whip to be included with the weapons pack. I'm glad they didn't though since it can only be used for Spector anyway.
    Well, that is what people want it for.

Hopefully it will come with another figure in 2013.
    Last edited by Tribal Spaceman; July 13, 2012 at 08:58am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    People keep saying this, but is it really true? I mean, I know it is designed to plug into his arm, but couldn't it be held in the hand of other figures as well, at least above the point where the plug in is?

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    People keep saying this, but is it really true? I mean, I know it is designed to plug into his arm, but couldn't it be held in the hand of other figures as well, at least above the point where the plug in is?
    Kinda what I was thinking. My UK Horde Prime was holding Spector's blade for a while.

Heroic Warrior
    A weapon in a weapons pack shouldn't be one that is exclusively for ONE figure, and in this case... it's a figure that many absolutely loath. The weapon packs should have accessories that can be used with just about any figure. Yeah one pack included the 200X Whiplash weapon that only he could use since the handle was so thick... but they shouldn't do that moving forward. If fans want the Spector whip, Mattel should figure out a way to sell it besides using up space in a weapons pack.

I don't think we need to worry about that. Most of these weapons are character-specific. I mean, we could give them to other characters, but they wouldn't work nearly as well. The only exception to this is Dragon Blaster Skeletor, who would rock Draego Man's accessories. But that's only because they share the same colour scheme and overall theme.

Perhaps our best hope is that a future character reuses Spector's left forearm. It could come packaged with that.
    Last edited by Tribal Spaceman; July 13, 2012 at 09:16am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    The only exception to this is Dragon Blaster Skeletor, who would rock Draego Man's accessories. But that's only because they share the same colour scheme and overall theme.
    Thank you for that idea, that's totally how I will use some of those.

Unless TMS's whip fit into She-Ra 1.0's head peg, I can see why it was not included. At least the red cobra armor can be used on Teela & The Goddess (due to a shared head but that's not the point ) whereas his would really be chracter specific.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Court Magician

New to MotUC ... and to Spector!

So somehow, I totally missed MotUC, despite being a massive MotU fan as a kid, and (as my wife will attest) a huge nerd.

Anyway, I'm totally loving the classics line - enthusiastically making up for lost time, buying loads of figures, and reading all the reviews and old forum posts I can find.

And obviously, this has led me inexorably to Spector.

Firstly, I want to say a huge thank you to Toy Guru. Everyone is obviously welcome to their opinion - but from everything I can see, there is just no way we'd have the awesomely diverse line delivered with such enthusiasm, attention to detail, and passion without Scott's stewardship. Scott, you're doing an awesome job and I'm super grateful for all the hard work you've put in (which I'm entirely convinced goes well above the call of duty most of the time).

Now, to Spector. I've got three little kids, whom I've shown lots of MOTU cartoons to. And at various times, I've had lots of MotUC figures around for them to play with: there's He-man, Skeletor, Slushhead, Fisto, Wun-dar, Shadow Weaver, and lots of other highly regarded figures from the classic ethos. Well today, I quietly had Spector on my chair. "Dad ... who is THIS? This guy is AWESOME!!! What's this thing on his hand? He just looks so cool! Why isn't he in the cartoons?". And right now, my 3 year old has sat and quietly played with Spector, making up all sorts of stories and cool noises for the last few hours. They LOVE him.

And you know what? I totally agree with them. Who knows, Spector might just be the reason there are 3 new MOTU fans in the next generation!

Welcome to the best addiction in the world. And just in time for grannamyr

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    Now, to Spector. I've got three little kids, whom I've shown lots of MOTU cartoons to. And at various times, I've had lots of MotUC figures around for them to play with: there's He-man, Skeletor, Slushhead, Fisto, Wun-dar, Shadow Weaver, and lots of other highly regarded figures from the classic ethos. Well today, I quietly had Spector on my chair. "Dad ... who is THIS? This guy is AWESOME!!! What's this thing on his hand? He just looks so cool! Why isn't he in the cartoons?". And right now, my 3 year old has sat and quietly played with Spector, making up all sorts of stories and cool noises for the last few hours. They LOVE him.

And you know what? I totally agree with them. Who knows, Spector might just be the reason there are 3 new MOTU fans in the next generation!
    I think there is something about Spector's elegant simplicity that appeals to kids. My 2-year-old daughter likes to play with all my figures, but the only one she has ever said "I like him" about has been Spector.