Page 115 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Welcome to the fun! Hope you get fully caught up soon
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Awesome... a very refreshing break from all of the recent Scott bashing (which admittedly has subsided a tad since PowerCon). Welcome to the hobby!!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Welcome to the forums!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Awesome... a very refreshing break from all of the recent Scott bashing (which admittedly has subsided a tad since PowerCon). Welcome to the hobby!!
    Rightfully so
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Snappy Threader
    That is because Spector is such an awesome figure......for real....

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    That is fantastic!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Yeah, Spector would have been the one I used to go on TONS of adventures, if I had 'em when I was a kid. He's the absolute perfect canvas for whatever the heck you want him to be; he's just a generic hero with a gun and an energy knife - go to town! He could be anything! The more I play with 'em the more I like 'em.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Scott, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I think there is something about Spector's elegant simplicity that appeals to kids. My 2-year-old daughter likes to play with all my figures, but the only one she has ever said "I like him" about has been Spector.
    it was designed by a kid so maybe that's what the appeal is. (I'm not saying that as a slight it's the truth) I wouldn't have liked him though as a kid, at least not as a favourite. to be fair I immediately would have had a soft spot since he's purple and that's my favourite colour, but thinking about the characters I didn't buy or was hesitant to buy because to me they were 'boring' as a kid, I don't think I WOULD have bought ol' specky I wasn't into many superheroes by the time MOTU came out, save for Batman and the hulk, so again Specky and his superhero style PROBABLY wouldn't have appealed to me.

BUT the REAL reason for toys, dare i say it is for KIDS to enjoy em, so whatever MY tastes may be, if a child is having good clean imaginative fun with a toy, God bless the toy and those that brought it to the child.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Scott, is that you?
    Hehehe - touche

Re: People saying that only Spector can use his key weapons.
    Why don't you see if the key can fit in any characters left hand? Because it can.

Spector fills me with hate.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Spector is proof that MOTUC means everything and nothing... and people will buy just about anything. He does have one thing in common with some of the greatest works of Disney: the hidden-in-plain-sight-sex reference.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Spector is proof that MOTUC means everything and nothing... and people will buy just about anything. He does have one thing in common with some of the greatest works of Disney: the hidden-in-plain-sight-sex reference.
    I hope he isn't planning on doing something similar for Castle Grayskull ...

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Spector fills me with hate.
    As I said - everyone is entitled to their opinions. A yin to your yang: my youngest son fell asleep cuddling Spector last night

At the risk of engaging a debate that's probably best left undisturbed ... I have to say, I'm a little saddened by the negative emotion engendered by this guy. There are lots of figures that aren't my cup of tea - but I think it's that exact diversity that gives me many of the figures I love (like a giant toothed leech, a dude holding a loaf of bread, a flying monkey man, and a loveable glow-in-the-dark wave filler). For anyone that hasn't read the itsalltrue.com review of Spector - the cartoon panels are worth the visit.

Spector - you my friend can have a place at the front of my shelf, spade and all!

Oh, and EP, let me know if you don't need yours - I'd love to get a few spares for the kids!

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    Oh, and EP, let me know if you don't need yours - I'd love to get a few spares for the kids!

Dewd, I'm a cherry picker. Spector didn't even come close to being fruit for me. He's also not the only MOTUC I find aesthetically displeasing, either. But over all, his concept & design are really poor IMO.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Dewd, I'm a cherry picker. Spector didn't even come close to being fruit for me. He's also not the only MOTUC I find aesthetically displeasing, either. But over all, his concept & design are really poor IMO.
    I got to ask EP, not meaning to be rude, but you have posted 76 times in this thread but you don't have anything invested in this figure??? i got to cry foul . Now i am all for freedom of speech and all but are comments like "Spector fills me with hate" adding much more to the conversation, or you just doing it for your own enjoyment . I have got to imagine to have a soft spot for this figure somewhere if ya keep coming back to rip on him. Its like Van Helsing for me, i watch it once a year and complain about how bad it is to all near me, but because of that i have a soft spot for that film in my history of cinema then other better made films.

Which raise the point, with alot of the line being an homeage to vintage line, in years to come when we look back on this MOTUC will (for better or worst) SPector be one of the iconic figures we remember???

Oh yes I did:

SPECTOR fights the evil Leanne Hannah:

And gets all the ladies:

When he's not texting and meeting his adoring fans:

"I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    I got to ask EP, not meaning to be rude, but you have posted 76 times in this thread

Woah! Are you stalking me?

but you don't have anything invested in this figure???

Only undying loathing

i got to cry foul . Now i am all for freedom of speech and all but are comments like "Spector fills me with hate" adding much more to the conversation, or you just doing it for your own enjoyment .

The latter

I have got to imagine to have a soft spot for this figure somewhere if ya keep coming back to rip on him.
    I love to hate him. I don't hate to love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    After over 100 pages of discussion, I find it shocking that no one has anything to say about this^
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!

After over 100 pages of discussion, I find it shocking that no one has anything to say about this^
    This is a really awesome costume. Too bad it is for such a crappy character

You do some excellent cosplay, Vahn. You also do some wicked high-kicks!

Thanks! I love doing costumes that no one else would think to do, haha.

Wow, that is over the top! How about a behind the scenes on how you put it together?
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

What isn't coming through in the pics is how irridescent and disco-fabulous the whole costume was. It was visually striking!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The glowstix make it!

It is better than Scott's!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!