Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

I 100% apologise for every negative comment I ever made against Spector.

Ordered him off Amazon yesterday, & he came today, a day early. Good ol' Cosmic Key.

I love him. What can I say. Maybe it's the simplicity, the controversy, or maybe the kid in me loved him all along, but the cynical 30 year old adult who hates new things was just louder. I don't know what it is, but I am having a blast with him. No he's not that great of a design, does feel a little shoe horned, but I fully accept him now & can say I'm a Spector fan. Crazy, I know. 8 months ago me would have laughed in someone's face if they had told me I'd warm up to him.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior

Lt Spectors glasses?

Is there a pic of palace guard Lt Spector wearing glasses? I kinda remember there being a shot of him when he was first revealed,
    Cheers Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Is there a pic of palace guard Lt Spector wearing glasses? I kinda remember there being a shot of him when he was first revealed,
    Cheers Z
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-palace-guards

Heroic Warrior
    Ahh cool, I thought that the specs were cut from the figures

They didn't actually come with him; I think those may belong to Clark Kent. However, I do have a spare pair from an old Harry Potter figure around here-I believe I had them on a 200X Orko who was sporting a Skeletor hood-I may have to donate them to John Spector!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

These glasses are from Mattels Ghostbuster Egon Spengler

At 118 pages I'm just going to ask this and if the answer is yes then I will page through it all:

Has anyone touched on Who Spector is? I mean who is this guy? What's his deal? Where does he fit in? I know he's not a vintage guy, and from what I read he was designed by someone at mattel just for the Classics line?

Aesthetically and Realistically, he just does not fit the MotU universe. We have a glimpse of the future with King He-Man. I don't see him wearing a neon colored spandex jump suit. He-Ro, son of He-Man, not a glimmer of the Matrix about him. The prevailing Timelessness of Eternia is the combination of Swords, Sorcery, and Science. Furry loin cloths and laser blasters all the way. I predict the Might Spector will be wintering on the Island of Misfit Toys before the end of the classics line.

That's my two cents. And now I'm penniless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Here's mine!!
    it's actually Time-Traveler Spelector... lol!
    Now THAT I like! Time Travel Variant Skeletor!

Heroic Warrior
    The most badass custom you will ever see.

Battle armour King Spector

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps98930e29.jpg
    And no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still ugly.

I'd like to see that armor on some other figures, nice paint job on the armor.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps98930e29.jpg
    ROFL!!! Thats awesome!!!! Add Glorybird and he´s perfect ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    At 118 pages I'm just going to ask this and if the answer is yes then I will page through it all:

Has anyone touched on Who Spector is? I mean who is this guy? What's his deal? Where does he fit in? I know he's not a vintage guy, and from what I read he was designed by someone at mattel just for the Classics line?
    He was designed by Scott Nietlich who is the marketing manager of the MOTUC line as part of the 30th anniversary series. I am simplifying it here, but essentially Mattel's idea was to make some new characters to actually grow the brand a bit and turned to their staff who had contributed to the lines success to come up with characters basically.

The character is a former palace guard who managed to get himself sucked into the future. There he became loyal to King He-man and was trained to use technology of that time - a suit that had been created using some advancements made by Gwildor and the Cosmic Key. It is unclear why Spector was chosen for this specifically, but I like to think that perhaps it as very dangerous and had a good chance of killing the wearer. Spector had no family or any kind of life in the future and so he had less to lose and volunteered in the hope of making his way back to his time.

So essentially, he is just a palace guard in a suit. The suit is the powerful bit as it allows the user to step through time and stuff. He works for King He-man and generally does what he is told. We have no evidence that he is martially hard or formidable in any way other than having this suit.

I can sum up the thread for you if you like so you don't have to read it all. Now, bear in mind that the voice in red is about 80% of the people posting...

”We don't like Spector because the character is too overpowered!”

”Why is he? He is just a dude in a suit.”

”Yeah, but time travel shouldn't be in MOTU!”

”But it has been in it lots of times before... and the whole cosmic key thing is well established.”

”Well we don't like him because he doesn't fit in!”

”You mean with the robotic elephant men, space cowboys, demon ninjas, pink rabbit men, semi-naked barbarians, bee people, camera headed inventors and animal shaped eggs?”

”Exactly! He looks like Deadpool!”

”I guess, but doesn’t He-man look like Conan? Are you sure this isn't because he was made by Scott?"

”That has nothing to do with it!”

”Um, are you sure? I dunno, it just seems to be that a higher percentage of the people who are "matty apologists" don't mind the figure and people who seem to often rail against Scott hate it and have posted page after page of negativity about it. I mean, it isn't amazing or anything, but you seem to hate it a little bit too much.”

”That isn't fair, there are loads of figures we don't like.”

”Yup, like Cy-Chop and Dekker and the rest. They don't seem to have hundreds of pages in their discussion pages though oddly. Look, I understand disliking the guy. He is a bit too purple and does look like an X-man a bit. Actually hating it though seems a bit much, let’s just agree it isn’t a design for everyone and let this thread fade away okay?”

”But I have made all these meme’s and pictures mocking him and showing him being killed...”

”And you sure this level of hostility isn’t because this is essentially the physical manifestation of Scott and every decision made by him that you disagree with in plastic form?”

”... Did I mention he looks like Deadpool?”
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post

I can sum up the thread for you if you like so you don't have to read it all. Now, bear in mind that the voice in red is about 80% of the people posting...

”But it has been in it lots of times before... and the whole cosmic key thing is well established.”

”You mean with the robotic elephant men, space cowboys, demon ninjas, pink rabbit men, semi-naked barbarians, bee people, camera headed inventors and animal shaped eggs?”

”I guess, but doesn’t He-man look like Conan? Are you sure this isn't because he was made by Scott?"

”Um, are you sure? I dunno, it just seems to be that a higher percentage of the people who are "matty apologists" don't mind the figure and people who seem to often rail against Scott hate it and have posted page after page of negativity about it. I mean, it isn't amazing or anything, but you seem to hate it a little bit too much.”

”Yup, like Cy-Chop and Dekker and the rest. They don't seem to have hundreds of pages in their discussion pages though oddly. Look, I understand disliking the guy. He is a bit too purple and does look like an X-man a bit. Actually hating it though seems a bit much, let’s just agree it isn’t a design for everyone and let this thread fade away okay?”

”But I have made all these meme’s and pictures mocking him and showing him being killed...”

”And you sure this level of hostility isn’t because this is essentially the physical manifestation of Scott and every decision made by him that you disagree with in plastic form?”

You are my new favorite person on the Internet!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    He was designed by Scott Nietlich who is the marketing manager of the MOTUC line as part of the 30th anniversary series. I am simplifying it here, but essentially Mattel's idea was to make some new characters to actually grow the brand a bit and turned to their staff who had contributed to the lines success to come up with characters basically.

The character is a former palace guard who managed to get himself sucked into the future. There he became loyal to King He-man and was trained to use technology of that time - a suit that had been created using some advancements made by Gwildor and the Cosmic Key. It is unclear why Spector was chosen for this specifically, but I like to think that perhaps it as very dangerous and had a good chance of killing the wearer. Spector had no family or any kind of life in the future and so he had less to lose and volunteered in the hope of making his way back to his time.

So essentially, he is just a palace guard in a suit. The suit is the powerful bit as it allows the user to step through time and stuff. He works for King He-man and generally does what he is told. We have no evidence that he is martially hard or formidable in any way other than having this suit.

Well said!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    ROFL!!! Thats awesome!!!! Add Glorybird and he´s perfect ;-)
    Thanks mate, glad someone got it

The Mighty Spector in The Justice League?

In New 52 Justice League, issue 27, when they bring Cyborg to a secret room filled with secret technology you can notice this suit with a spade on its chest:

Spector.jpg

The writer is Geoff Johns, I suspect this is a reference to Spector's Vortex Suit. Anybody else noticed this?
    Pasta la vista, baby!

Hoping for some more NA figures in MOTUC... at least 12 more.!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    In New 52 Justice League, issue 27, when they bring Cyborg to a secret room filled with secret technology you can notice this suit with a spade on its chest:

Spector.jpg

The writer is Geoff Johns, I suspect this is a reference to Spector's Vortex Suit. Anybody else noticed this?
    I think it represents the version of Ace from the Royal Flush Gang that was in the Batman Beyond animater series (can't remember if the comics had that version of Ace too).

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I think it represents the version of Ace from the Royal Flush Gang that was in the Batman Beyond animater series (can't remember if the comics had that version of Ace too).
    It most likely is:

Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Yeah, that's Ace's suit, not Spector's. Nice catch, though!
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

I thought he was already in the X-Men....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    The royal flush gang have been around since 1966...originally JLA villains and the Ace costume has actually changed very little since then.

So there are two of those ridiculous costumes out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    So there are two of those ridiculous costumes out there?
    The difference being that Ace is cool.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    The difference being that Ace is cool.
    Agreed

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I think that character might have been in a Super Powers cartoon episode back in the day?

Spector is not very original, so you can confuse him for many characters, Ace, Deadpool..