Page 16 of 121 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

With all the hate this figure is getting, has it been mentioned that he'll be an excellent base figure for customizers?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    With all the hate this figure is getting, has it been mentioned that he'll be an excellent base figure for customizers?
    Yep i said it as a positive for the figure. its almost trhe blank buck customizrrs have been hoping for
    Last edited by krosfyah; September 27, 2011 at 02:30pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    A 30th anniversary slot for a custom blank?
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Well, since this character is an "evolution" of Lt Spector, anyone who doesn't like the head can simply put a Palace Guard head on him. You could either paint the helmet, or leave it as is (I would paint it dark to look like Magneto's helmet in X-Men: First Class).

Also, instead of the "spade" on the armor, another option for a cool emblem would be the Grayskull warrior crest!

Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 27, 2011 at 03:41pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

It's Scottpool!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Well, since this character is an "evolution" of Lt Spector, anyone who doesn't like the head can simply put a Palace Guard head on him. You could either paint the helmet, or leave it as is (I would paint it dark to look like Magneto's helmet in X-Men: First Class).

Also, instead of the "spade" on the armor, another option for a cool emblem would be the Grayskull warrior crest!
    I really like the idea of the Grayskull symbol instead of the spade...I would definitely sign on for this change! Makes it fit in much better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I really like the idea of the Grayskull symbol instead of the spade...I would definitely sign on for this change! Makes it fit in much better IMO.
    Me too. I think that would really help the character!

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    GUYS, GUYS, GUYS there is no way to improve on this figure. It is hopeless. Lipstick on a pig hopeless. Before the unmighty spector even became a figure he was doomed because the idea and design were bad.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

For those suggesting glowing or green eyes on Spector, I don't think it'd help. Instead of looking like Deadpool it makes him look like Spawn...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    He has a cool-looking gauntlet with a bunch of buttons on it. Not exactly obvious to the uninitiated.

And "cool-looking outfit" does not a time-traveller make.
    Sci-Fi's best known time traveller Dr Who just wears a suit (except the 9th dr). Looking at him you wouldn't instantly go "yeah he travels through time".

What makes a Hordak?? (w)Hores??

In saying that they could replace the spade with hands on a clock.
    Last edited by Coptur; September 27, 2011 at 04:30pm.

I really like his bio, or what little information we have on this guy so far. I also like how the equipment on the figure all ties into the character, Scott and the 4H sure put a lot of thought into the design and sculpt of the figure. However, I am not a fan of the "cosmic" characters and the NA character line. If you ask me, Mighty Spector really looks like he belongs in the DC line of Characters, not the MOTU characters, just my $0.02.

My suggestion:

Keldor's cape + Skeletor's hood
    Last edited by Plinio; September 28, 2011 at 09:12am.

the above photo does improve on this guy, but he does fit in way better with dcuc, why not transfer this guy to dcuc, and give us ramman.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Sci-Fi's best known time traveller Dr Who just wears a suit (except the 9th dr). Looking at him you wouldn't instantly go "yeah he travels through time".

What makes a Hordak?? (w)Hores??
    The Doctor is not a Masters character.

Skeletor looked like a skeleton. Beast-Man was a beast. Rio Blast Blasted things. Mechaneck...well, you know. Sure, it's not applicable all the time, but it definitely is a lion's share of the time.

Oh, and Hordak was a member of the Horde. That's an easy one.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Oops..thought this was MOTU thread. Hope people like their DC character repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    After reading Eric Treadway's interview at the Fwoosh, it's obvious that he has a tremendous amount of respect and reverence for MOTU and all its fans. He approached the task of adding a new character to the mythos seriously and put forth his utmost effort.

I expected Mattel to do the same with its two characters. I was disappointed and actually surprised when I realized that didn't happen with their first character. I know Toy Guru also has a great deal of love and respect for MOTU. I don't disagree with Toy Guru creating a figure. I just disagree with the choice of Spector. It was time for Mattel to bring their A game. It wasn't the time to indulge a childhood fantasy. Mattel and Toy Guru should have put forth more effort and added a truly meaningful character that would have blown away the fans.

MOTU is what is today due to the contributions of so many people. I know if Val and Emiliano had been given a slot they wouldn't have disappointed us. It would have been an intelligent public relations move on Mattel's part too. As it stands, Mattel is really blowing the opportunities presented by the 30th anniversary figures.
    My friend, you said that brilliantly!!!

After watching PD's powercon video, I got to admit that my anger has quelled after seeing how much enthusiasm he had for his own figure. Shame it wasn't better!
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Wait, Doesn't Marvel Own "Mighty Spector" now?

Unless Scott copyrighted Mighty Spector before he submitted it to Marvel Comics, Scott is no longer the rights holder to Mighty Spector, Marvel Comics is.

The whole thing with Photog and Jason Bitner isn't the same situation, where entries were asked for and Mattel would get the rights to use the idea, but the individual would retain the rights.

During Marvels open submissions, all submitted work becomes the property of Marvel. This is to prevent someone from claiming that Marvel used their idea if something similar happens in their comics, even if the idea was rejected decades ago. It's also why they would urge people not to submit character ideas unless they're willing to lose control of said character without having first copyrighted it.

Scott mentioned in his interview with Dan that he has the rejection letter. In some post somewhere, he states that Marvel has the original art and he had to redraw the character from memory for the figure.

If the character wasn't copyrighted when it was submitted to Marvel, Marvel owns "The Mighty Spector" in perpetuity. Making a figure of him without Marvels permission is illegal. Something tells me that 12 year old Scott or however old he was didn't copyright him before sending him to Marvel.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

That's what I've been thinking. However, let's kick it up a notch.

Could it be that Hasbro has the rights to this toy if Marvel has the rights to the figure concept?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

You just made Spector even cooler in my eyes.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Totally different character! This one has a cosmic key on his wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    hahaha, a knife shotting cosmic key at that. Seriusly though, I'm sure it is fine. Nobody would ever open themselves up to a potential legal fiasco like that.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

i don't think Marvel would admit to owning him lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    The Doctor is not a Masters character.

Skeletor looked like a skeleton. Beast-Man was a beast. Rio Blast Blasted things. Mechaneck...well, you know. Sure, it's not applicable all the time, but it definitely is a lion's share of the time.

Oh, and Hordak was a member of the Horde. That's an easy one.
    But to the uninitiated he would still an enigma to the usual pattern as with the likes of ZodaC/K which is why characters are also given taglines to help explain who or what they maybe

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    According to Scott's words, it sure doesn't sound like a different character. Regardless, I am guessing the matter would be of no consequence to Marvel. Whether or not anyone in Mattel's legal department would be concerned about it is a different matter.

I'm not a huge fan of "Mighty Spector" but I seriously don't think this is an issue nor worth trying to get Scott or Mattel in trouble over.

This is as silly as the group that is advocating against Illumina just out of spite.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"