Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Well that info card makes him a bit better imo. I'm diggin the green energy weapons that he will come with! Stuff like that totally fits a time traveler dude.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

wait, the mini cosmic key looking thing is now a pseudo Lightsaber/lightwhip?
    UGH!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

as a super hero character to go up against such people as Spider-Man or the X-Men then he looks fine, no worse than a lot of official super hero characters

as a MOTU character I do not like him, his design just doesn't say MOTU to me at all
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Snappy Threader
    I rather like the character. I know some people aren't interested in anything that isn't from their preferred "era" but this guy is cool. I am interested in his bio, how they work him in, and I think it could be cool. One of the things I enjoyed about Star Wars was the diverse character assortment. I don't see why we can't have the same in MOTUC. This isn't a knock on anyone's opinions, it's just that I think he will be a cool addition. If we want MOTU to last, and last a long time, obviously we need somewhat of an "expanded universe". Will this hurt sales? maybe, but I don't see why. I just think he looks cool. I admit, I was never a fan of Fearless Photog, a guy with a camera for a head doesn't appeal to me much, but Mighty Spector does. He has an aura of mystery behind him it seems, and a very cool addition in my opinion.

Heroic Warrior andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it's Avatar
    ACtually I like the concept drawning MUCH more than the figure.
    SO maybe it is the 4 horsemen scuplt that exceptionally doesn't catch the atmosphere of the MightY Spector.

By the way I can't allow the spade symbol on his chest, unless he has some connection with the Earth Poker players of Texas Hold'em. And this is UNLIKELY.

I don't like him to be honest and he's an easy pass. He does look like a Marvel/DC character and does not look like a MOTUC character to me.

I also don't like this figure at all, and I was going to say that maybe the 4H should've done some kinda revamp to him or something to update his look to be more MOTU, but it looks like they (or someone) tried to do that with the drawing on the previous page, and it still doesn't work.

Glad there are some who dig him, but he looks way more like a DC/Marvel villain to me.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it View Post
    ACtually I like the concept drawning MUCH more than the figure.
    SO maybe it is the 4 horsemen scuplt that exceptionally doesn't catch the atmosphere of the MightY Spector.

the art is nice however whoever drew it was not taking MOTU proportions when drawing it...

also may i make a note with the whole proportion thing in mind it is pretty amazing how well the NA and POP design hold up even when you apply these proportions to them....

that says ALOT about design...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

*Adding Marvel's Constrictor to list of comic characters this figure combines*...

I'm all for diversity in the line. And I would even love to see the Meteorbs re-done here. But this character doesn't work for me at all. Since I'm gonna get the figure through the sub, I'm most likely gonna use Bow's non-mustache head and a couple Weapons Pak items to turn Spector into something that at least kind of fits into my display.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Easy pass.

Glad for the people who like the doll though.

Would prefer some Filmation (e.g. Shokoti) & mini-comic characters (e.g. Lodar) soon.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    We welcome our new Deadpoolian overlord

Heroic Warrior
    This "Mighty" Spector figure is made almost exclusively with parts that are reused. Only some small accessories (and maybe some work on the head, which seems to be based on the Faceless One) are new.

I don't think this is worth my hard earned money. You want my money, Mattel ? Then you'd better create COOL and AWESOME characters, with enough new parts to make them stand out !

Spector is not worth the price we pay (20 or 30 dollars, or even much more). I feel he's a ripoff, to be perfectly honest.

I don't like the fact that Mattel tries to cover the lack of genius of this figure by making him an important character with his biography.

I also resent the fact that he's called a time traveller when it is Eldor, with his Book of Living Spells, who has the power to change the past, the present and the future, and Gwildor who can travel through dimensions with the cosmic key. As such, Spector is redundant. I'd have prefered an Eldor figure to this Marvel or DC superhero design.

In my opinion, Spector is one of the weakest figures so far. Only Mo-Larr is worse, I think.

I won't buy this figure, no matter if he's the son of Skeletor, a powered-up Lt. Spector or anything else. And ot doesn't matter to me that the bio makes him a powerful and important character.

To me, this figure is not worthy of a 30th anniversary figure. There will be 2 figures "created by Mattel". We saw the first one. I'm already scared to discover the second one...

If this trend (poor design, cheap figures) continues, along with Mattel's antics (price increase, veiled threats about subscriptions, alienation of the cherry pickers and of the international fans), I don't see a long survival for this line.

Now, if some people are happy with him, then fine. But my personal opinion won't change. Easy pass, epic fail.
    Last edited by Prahvus; September 25, 2011 at 02:29pm.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    No Illumina, because of "lack of support" and yet this...this...GARBAGE is being produced???

Awesome.

Bland design. Amalgamation of too many existing characters. Nothing "MOTU" about this thing.

Mattel has further cemented my satisfaction in forgoing the 2012 Subscription.

They better under-produce the heck out of this...thing. Otherwise, it'll be in the store forever.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hot damn! I think he's going to come with Draego-Man's fire whip attachment...but in green!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...31992913_n.jpg
    Where did that pic come from? It looks like a high-res pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    No Illumina, because of "lack of support" and yet this...this...GARBAGE is being produced???

Awesome.

Bland design. Amalgamation of too many existing characters. Nothing "MOTU" about this thing.

They better under-produce the heck out of this...thing. Otherwise, it'll be in the store forever.
    You really should stop with the positivity.
    Last edited by RockinHard; September 25, 2011 at 02:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    To me he simply isn't MOTU...and this is worst if you think that it's a 30th anniversary! Personally I expected something different...

Heroic Warrior
    Epic fail! Worst figure to date...

Plain design and coloration, nothing that gives me the impression of being a MOTU character.

It would be okay, if TG`s figure would be a killer, but it isn`t...

This is not the method to promote a sub...

Can't say i'm very keen on Spector at all. He would fit better as a Galactic Guardian than a Heroic Warrior but the design seems a bit bland and 90s superheroish to me.

a Muppet of a man...
    I'm at the con, seeing it in person. The more I look at it, the more I like it. Not my favorite figure, but the accessories are really cool. Not so sure about the spade on his chest, but I like the vibrant colors.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Where did that pic come from? It looks like a high-res pic.
    I found it on Facebook. Facebook is the answer to ALL of life's questions!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I found it on Facebook. Facebook is the answer to ALL of life's questions!
    Soooo, I'm interested in a certain lady. How can facebook help me with her?

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Soooo, I'm interested in a certain lady. How can facebook help me with her?
    Well...you can add her to Facebook and *poke* her!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Well...you can add her to Facebook and *poke* her!
    Ah, that's good. Very good.

Hot damn! I think he's going to come with Draego-Man's fire whip attachment...but in green!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...31992913_n.jpg

NICE i like the whip attachment! i actually wanted Drago-man to come with the whip over anything else

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    You really should stop with the positivity.
    They really should stop with the crapitivity.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

Awesome.

good point. characters which were actually in the comic, movie, or toons will not be made, yet this figure is. that blows.