Page 24 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Has there been any explaination given for the spade symbol on his armor? That seriously bugs me more than anything about the figure. It doesn't seem to fit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bobshumway View Post
    Has there been any explaination given for the spade symbol on his armor? That seriously bugs me more than anything about the figure. It doesn't seem to fit at all.
    "It's always been like that."

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    It's because he's a real "card"...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Is getting a Scott Neitlich figure any better or worse really than a Geoff Johns figure or a Horsemen figure or Fearless Photog?
    It's worse because Geoff Johns and the horsemen are professional artists, they know how to design. Photog I didn't like as a kid but the horsemen made him look good enough to fit the line and make me like it just enough to want it.

Why is it so much better to get figures of Vikor and even Demo-Man for that matter?
    Because they look better. more interesting visually and again were designed by pros who know design fundamentals.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Because they look better. more interesting visually and again were designed by pros who know design fundamentals.
    Yeah, and let's not forget the little fact that Vikor and Demo-Man were part of Masters before He-Man and Skeletor were...
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Has there been any explaination given for the spade symbol on his armor?
    He likes to dig.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    He likes to dig.
    Shovel-Man!!!

I tried to mock up sth from the existing mighty spector to make him look a little bit better (for me!!!) but really, i canīt do it.

There are three possibilities now:

1. His design is so good that you canīt make it better

2. His design is so bad that you canīt make it better

3. I am a bad designer, and should leave **** up other peoples design work.

i really donīt know...
    action features for action figures!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Shovel-Man!!!
    The Gardener! With sidekick Perfuma, they present flowers to the bad guys at their funerals while they dig the graves for them!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Feast-Man View Post
    I tried to mock up sth from the existing mighty spector to make him look a little bit better (for me!!!) but really, i canīt do it.

There are three possibilities now:

1. His design is so good that you canīt make it better

2. His design is so bad that you canīt make it better

3. I am a bad designer, and should leave **** up other peoples design work.

i really donīt know...
    #2 is correct.

#3 proves that you are more honest when it comes to introspection than SOME people!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The Gardener! With sidekick Perfuma, they present flowers to the bad guys at their funerals while they dig the graves for them!
    Hopefully, beginning with their own!
    Last edited by Larry Waters; September 30, 2011 at 12:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Now thāt is a cool looking creature.
    I agree! I love Nite-Lik. He has forked tongues coming out his hands, too! So...he can lick the night! I was going to make a comic with Toyguru (Lt. Spector) getting angry and turning into Nite-Lik! I thought it would be pretty funny.

For a positive vibe to this thread, Jeffrey (PatrickFogarty's son) loved The Mighty Spector. He was his favourite reveal! I watched the video!

I also agree with what Patty and Jeffrey said, that we might like him more in person or when he's no longer a prototype.

I still think he's going to be a villain in my canon. He looks too evil.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Hopefully, beginning with their own!
    Well, with The Gardener's trademark catchphrase "Life's a garden...dig it!", he dispenses extreme justice to the bad guys on Eternia.

But yeah, I don't see him lasting very long.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    FP had the history of the first contest behind him. Draego-Man was nearly universally lauded as awesome. As for Vikor and Demo-Man, the argument could be made that more people have found them more visually appealing than Spector.

And to address you point about TG's place as a 'creative force' behind the property-that's a little concerning. I squirm a little when I think about a writer having control over who does and does not get made in the line. When you write, you develop a personal interest in the characters. I would venture the guess that it would make it more difficult to make an unbiased decision in production decisions when you have a personal stake in the success and failure of certain characters over others. Sure, everyone wants all the characters to do well. But can anyone tell me that a writer wouldn't favor their own favorites/creations over others'?
    This argument means nothing to me. Dwayne McDuffie never got figures of Static Shock which he really wanted. Static Shock was a hit Emmy Award winning show but no toys. I think they made a prototype for Old Static in JLU but that's it.

It's not like they aren't making characters we want. This whole 30th Anniversary Line is basically a sub-line anyway. They are still making characters we want.

Also Spector has already been worked into the toyline previously, so this one is basically a variant.

Here is what I don't get. Fans are requesting all these characters who had like all these short blip appearances in the mini-comics. So what makes those so much more sacred than making a new character who could appear in a comic or bio? This logic is mental to me.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    "It's always been like that."
    Is that Scott's real explanation? I figured it would be, "Keep reading the bios!"

But "It's always been like that," is an even weaker explanation. At least the "keep reading" one gives hope that the design was thought out on some level.

Heroic Warrior
    Why not? Obviously this 30th Anniversary line and Spector have been in the works for some months before San Diego. The Royal Guard are fairly recent figures.

Scott showed the whole MOTUC master schedule at the Con. They have a general plan mapped out over the next several years.

-CM Punk

Scott said he liked the symbol as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Scott said he liked the symbol as a kid.
    A rumor leaked at the con that the symbol comes from the original concept: he was originally Gambit's son.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    A rumor leaked at the con that the symbol comes from the original concept: he was originally Gambit's son.
    thats a silly rumor then lol, since Gambit didnt show up till 1990 and the Create a Character contest was from what 1986?

Unless he didnt submit it to Marvel until after the 90s and then added the spade
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I bet it was two fans having a private conversation about the symbol and others eavesdropping and playing telephone.

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    What really SOLD me on this figure was TG's conversation with PixelDan in which he explained all the back story. The green power source, the tie-in to Lt Spector, the time travel via Cosmic Key, are all VERY cool extras for this new figure. One ammo slot being empty is the exact attention to detail that makes this figure MUCH better than most folks are willing to admit.

You can see TG's childhood excitement and inspiration bubbling to the top as he tells the story.

Some of us need to have another hard look at SNOUT SPOUT, BUZZ-OFF, or GYGOR before claiming Spector doesn't fit the look of the line.

Another thing, MARVEL & DC CUSTOMIZERS can use multiples of this figure to create bigger, better, beefier superheroes, too.

Photog = 25 years late Win
    Draego Man = Nerd-gasm level of win
    Mighty Spector = Another win

The 30th series is looking pretty dope to me.

Heroic Warrior
    This is a sub-line of MOTUC. Only one of the first six is a fan submitted character. So why not get a character from one of the creative visions behind MOTU?

What makes Spector a lesser character than all these blip characters from one panel appearances that fans have demanded? This isn't the main line. We are still getting older mainstay characters in the main line. Ultimately we will get everybody. So what's the issue?

-CM Punk

Those of us who abhor Spector's design aren't angry because a few fans like it. I don't understand why anyone would be angry because someone has expressed an opposing view of the design.

Last I checked Snout Spout, Buzz-Off and Gygor weren't rejected submissions to Marvel Comics. Snout Spout and Buzz-Off were created specifically for the original toy line. Why don't they fit in? They have been part of the mythos for almost thirty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    Those of us who abhor Spector's design aren't angry because a few fans like it. I don't understand why anyone would be angry because someone has expressed an opposing view of the design.

Last I checked Snout Spout, Buzz-Off and Gygor weren't rejected submissions to Marvel Comics. Snout Spout and Buzz-Off were created specifically for the original toy line. Why don't they fit in? They have been part of the mythos for almost thirty years.

if someone doesnt like a figure, thats their choice, but I think his point was for the people that say he doesnt "fit" in the MOTU world, the same world where Ninjor "fits" in. I love ninjor, but I never understood how a Ninja shows up in a sci fi fantasy world.

also to be fair, Spector was a MOTU rejected character before he was rejected by Marvel
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    If you are going to say this or that doesn't fit, how does any of this fit? How do Snake Men fit? How does Mantenna fit? How does Leech fit?

How does Illumina fit?

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    also to be fair, Spector was a MOTU rejected character before he was rejected by Marvel
    ... so he got rejected already twice by profesionnals and yet people are wondering why this character is shot down by the majority of the fans ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader