Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I have posted so much hatred for this figure already that I am burned out. WORST FIGURE EVER!!!!!!
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

I dont like the colour scheme at all. With the right deco it has potential but right now Im pretty "Bleh" about this figure...
    Also, in my humble opinion, the character doesn't "look" very "MotU-ish" to me.
    Last edited by oICEMANo; September 25, 2011 at 03:40pm.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

From Facebook:
    "TG says if we can get 5000 people behind Illumina, they´ll make her."
    With all due respect to Mr. Neitlich and the fans who like The Mighty Spector, I doubt that figure would come even close to the 5,000 supporters Illumina is said to need.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I have posted so much hatred for this figure already that I am burned out. WORST FIGURE EVER!!!!!!
    Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

The hate is swelling in you now. Find a weapon. Use it. Strike the Spector figure in the display down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more the Dark Side's servant.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

The hate is swelling in you now. Find a weapon. Use it. Strike the Spector figure in the display down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more the Dark Side's servant.
    And for a bonus, you can even take down the Specter Palace Guard!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    They really should stop with the crapitivity.
    I wouldn't be 1% upset about this figure if it wasn't for the crappy response we got about Illumina. I have no probs with TG getting his figure made.

But...someone remind me, what was that quote exactly? ...We couldn't get Illumina made because 250ish supporters from this website wasn't enough?

TG, I bet you can't find 100 people asking for Spector. I dare you to show them to me if you can.

The fact is your Spector figure will sell. He'll sell to people who have subs, to people who are completists and to people who just plain like him for one reason or another.

And so would a Gar woman named Illumina. Please don't ever tell us there isn't enough support to justify her again. Just say you don't want to make her, so you're not.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    With all due respect to Mr. Neitlich and the fans who like The Mighty Spector, I doubt that figure would come even close to the 5,000 supporters Illumina is said to need.
    So far, Mighty Spector has about 5 supporters. He's just missing the "thousand" part.

Illumina would OWN this line if she gets made.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

That figure is terribly boring, unattractive and completely irrelevant to the line! WORST figure ever. I have zero interest in it and will never buy it.
    "I've lost something. I don't know what it is, but I know I haven't always felt this... sedated" - Lester Burnham

He is a purple Snake Eyes with a time travelling device. I like him more and more.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    the art is nice however whoever drew it was not taking MOTU proportions when drawing it...

also may i make a note with the whole proportion thing in mind it is pretty amazing how well the NA and POP design hold up even when you apply these proportions to them....

that says ALOT about design...
    I actually think the design might have worked better on the DC Universe Classics body. He looks like he'd fit right in with those superhero characters. I might have liked him more if he was a DCUC figure.

There just isn't the same imagination put into his design that most of the MOTU characters have. Compared with Draego-Man, or even Fearless Photog, I find him uninspired and boring to look at.

The only aspect I did like was the Cosmic Key wrist device, but the concept art indicates that it's actually some sort of laser whip/blade weapon, and not used for time travel at all.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    This figure pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with the MOTUC line for me.

My point is this:

1. This is a really dumb figure, even by dumb figure standards. (This coming from a guy that actually liked Wun-dar and Clawful.)

2. Putting this figure into production was a really dumb idea.

3. Dumb ideas like this are going to end up (at best) costing Matty subscriptions, and at worst killing the entire line.
    1. Really? Because an elephant helmet firefighter, a neck extending guy, a guy with a tire on his stomach? What is so dumb about Spector?

2. Really? I like it and I'm buying a few 30th Anniversary subs, and even if I wasn't I'd buy this figure

3. So the line is now ending because a brand new character in an alternate sub is being produced??? Makes sense. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    He is at any rate a lot better then the Star Sisters, lol!
    Like the gun and cosmic-key armband
    This, he is a far better release than those 3. Who by the way have a HUGE history.

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    obviously there are ALOT of mixed emotions...
    to be honest i am SURPRISED to see as much love for this character and how many people are really liking it and supporting it....

i really do not understand it though... i am really, REALLY unimpressed by the character....however i am happy for all those who like him...not to sound like a jerk but i just do not see him being very popular...

----------------------
    i think the greatest problem here is that I thought this 30th anniv. line was going to be something really special with chaxters being created by yhose that have been doing toy design for years...
    People don't like new or different for whatever reason.... So it takes something really special to be accepted.. Draego Man fits that for many, but to think any of these new characters won't be scrutinized on all levels and especially Toyguru's. People want special and mindblowing for the 30th, unfortunately fans are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Now as for my take on Spector, I love and I mean love masked/helmeted characters (Deadpool, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers, Snake Eyes, Black Manta, Dr Doom, Baron Zemo, etc.) they have always been very visually appealling to me for some reason? So I like the look, he is very Deadpool esque which I don't mind. The more I see of him the more I like the figure. Cool gun, great arm cosmic key accessory, and that art makes him that much cooler hope we get those green electric/fire accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    People don't like new or different for whatever reason....
    what is new or different about this figure?

http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    ... He would fit better as a Galactic Guardian than a Heroic Warrior but the design seems a bit bland and 90s superheroish to me.
    That's what I was thinking. He reminds me more of an NA character.

Maybe if they were to get rid of the spade on his armor, the diamond eyes and give him some kind of helmet he would fit in a little more.

Regardless, I still love MotUC.

Heroic Warrior
    If this figure would have a killer design, there wouldn`t be that negative response...

If it would be a second Draego Man, it would be great...

But it isn`t...

It's a big no for me, as it has no connection to me from my childhood along with draego man. And whilst photog isn't the best of figures either, the Nathan bitner 80's connection means it feels like it should have been
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by Hek-tor View Post
    Maybe if they were to get rid of the spade on his armor, the diamond eyes and give him some kind of helmet he would fit in a little more.

Regardless, I still love MotUC.
    Agreed. ALso the purple or the yellow needs to go
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Someone said earlier about putting Bows spare head on him. I might try that and see how it looks. Will deff go with my GGs.

Unfortunately, Mighty Spector does absolutely nothing for me. Like others have said, it's very bland and unimaginative, and it doesn't fit in with the line in the slightest. Granted, Fearless Photog doesn't really fit in either, but I'm looking forward to it due to the interesting design. I guess it's just the chance you take when you buy a sub without first seeing everything you will be getting.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

This figure totally looks and sounds like a DC character, I couldn't believe he is in the MOTUC line! Even his concept (from his design to his background) just doesn't blend well in the this universe! Honestly, what were they thinking?

Two weeks ago I was debating if I should buy another add on 30th anniversary subscription hoping for more Draego-Man like characters, but after seeing this offer, I surely will not waist more money on it.

On the other hand, I loved the other reveals, and now I'm debating if I should buy another 2012 subscription or not for the second heads... Hmmm decisions decisions decisions...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

apparently lt spector IS the mighty spector.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

All I can say is that I hope he comes out before July 4th!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    His infamy is making me like him more than I should. It's fun being an evil, Matty Apologist™.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    Good call joseephus, the figure is definitely a cut-and-paste job. But I hate to admit that I'm warming up to the fact we're getting this guy. I like the color scheme, hopefully the production version of the purple is distinct from all the other purple colors in the line.

Seems like the Cosmic Key gauntlet was added as an afterthought, if not the whole time-travelling power because he doesn't even look like he would inconspicuously fit in any time period. Gwildor and Preternia He-Man would just look like transients in a modern time frame.

Now there is zero I mean Z-E-R-O reason not to make Plundor, Illumina, Gwildor, or any other "unsupported/unknown" character by ToyGuru's and Matty's own arguments.
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

Proposed colour change, that yellow must go!

DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar