Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

  1. #1251
    Heroic Warrior Marvelous0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Outside of Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena_Fan View Post
    Mighty Spector has already sold out on pre-sale over at BBTS. And he even sold out before Slushhead!
    That doesn't mean anything! Most likely they just pulled it cause regardless of the few here who praise the figure. The majority find the figure dull and unoriginal and a waste of a slot that could go to someone more deserving.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  2. #1252
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    That doesn't mean anything! Most likely they just pulled it cause regardless of the few here who praise the figure. The majority find the figure dull and unoriginal and a waste of a slot that could go to someone more deserving.
    Or BBTS preordered less because of the awesome response, and those sold.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  3. #1253
    Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,029
    TEHY DIDNT RELLY SELL OWT!!! TEHY WURRR PULLD OFF BBTS!!1!
    Last edited by Count Marzo; October 25, 2011 at 04:50pm.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

  4. #1254
    Court Magician MasterBlaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    59
    I am in hope at "The mighty tank Spector".

    Found at he-man.de

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Write slow, please. I am german.
    My Englisch is terrible. I know. SORRY!


    He-Man, the hero is dead!
    King Hiss, the leader of the mighty Snake Man is dead!
    Hordak, the loooooser is dead for ever! Thanks God (Skeletor)
    Skeletor, the Emporer govern Eternia.

    The best german Fan-Site

  5. #1255
    Heroic Warrior Smashtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Thrilla in Manila
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    I am in hope at "The mighty tank Spector".

    Found at he-man.de

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&d=1319571990
    Now why would anyone throw away a decent Deadpool action figu...

    ...what? You mean thats NOT Deadpool?
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

  6. #1256
    Heroic Warrior Atomicdios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    641
    I don't see why this thread has gone on for so long. If you ignore something for long enough , it DOES go away. A complete boycott is needed.

  7. #1257
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,848
    i love all the new tooling this fig got but SMAA an A list guy....just 1 new part! the 4H fig? parts cut! but hay TG got his fig just how he wanted it

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  8. #1258
    Heroic Warrior DJ Force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i love all the new tooling this fig got but SMAA an A list guy....just 1 new part! the 4H fig? parts cut! but hay TG got his fig just how he wanted it
    Huh?
    I see a head, armor piece, 1 wrist guard and 3 slim weapons. Everything else is pretty basic.
    Draego Man has 2 wrist guards, 2 hands, massive head, 2 huuuuge wings, armor, weapon. Correct me if Iīm wrong, but even his neck seems to be a new part. Hereīs massive new tools, obviously they had to cut some.
    Now we donīt have to argue about Snake-At-Arms being cheap. But both Spector and Draego Man arenīt even part of the regular MOTUC line, so whatever they do with those figures doesnīt affect the MOTUC budget. Just wanted to add my 2 cents...
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

  9. #1259
    Heroic Warrior Magdalena_Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    That doesn't mean anything! Most likely they just pulled it cause regardless of the few here who praise the figure. The majority find the figure dull and unoriginal and a waste of a slot that could go to someone more deserving.
    It could mean that they ordered fewer 30th Anniv Subs compared with the regular 2012 subs, and that's why the 30th figs sell out faster (just like what Prince Adam's Dad said)

    When you say "majority", I guess you're referring to .org members.

    While it may be true that a "majority" of .org members couldn't care less about TMS, could it not be possible that there are other collectors who are not .org members who actually want this figure (you know, for kit-bashing, etc ) and they were the ones who pre-ordered him?

  10. #1260
    Heroic Warrior hlinhk128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    KYOTO-HONG KONG-CHICAGO
    Posts
    788
    I don't know all this hatred for Spector is kind of making me like him. He has some cool equipment but his mask is kind of bland. I just noticed on my Flipshot fig they threw in that designer TC as part of his real name. Terry Higuchi got a rifle named after him with Marlena but I didn't see the kind of outrage over those like I do with this figure.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)



  11. #1261
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I don't know all this hatred for Spector is kind of making me like him. He has some cool equipment but his mask is kind of bland. I just noticed on my Flipshot fig they threw in that designer TC as part of his real name. Terry Higuchi got a rifle named after him with Marlena but I didn't see the kind of outrage over those like I do with this figure.
    maybe for most of us, we just don't like the figure and it has nothing to do with TG?

    i can't speak for everyone, but i just don't care for the figure. i don't care who created it. it didn't bother me that TG put his face on a guard.

    i don't like the idea of crowbarring spector into the mythos as some sort of deus ex machina either.

  12. #1262
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    maybe for most of us, we just don't like the figure and it has nothing to do with TG?

    i can't speak for everyone, but i just don't care for the figure. i don't care who created it. it didn't bother me that TG put his face on a guard.

    i don't like the idea of crowbarring spector into the mythos as some sort of deus ex machina either.
    Dismissing the people who don't like the toy as 'haters' is easier than admitting that they guy they put on a pedestal designed a lousy toy.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

  13. #1263
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sanford, FL
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena_Fan View Post
    It could mean that they ordered fewer 30th Anniv Subs compared with the regular 2012 subs, and that's why the 30th figs sell out faster (just like what Prince Adam's Dad said)

    When you say "majority", I guess you're referring to .org members.

    While it may be true that a "majority" of .org members couldn't care less about TMS, could it not be possible that there are other collectors who are not .org members who actually want this figure (you know, for kit-bashing, etc ) and they were the ones who pre-ordered him?
    This is probably the reason he sold out faster. And, for the record, I like Spector.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

    Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

  14. #1264
    Heroic Warrior Ealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    That doesn't mean anything! Most likely they just pulled it cause.
    going to file this one under: You are entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts.

  15. #1265
    Heroic Warrior Marvelous0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Outside of Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena_Fan View Post
    It could mean that they ordered fewer 30th Anniv Subs compared with the regular 2012 subs, and that's why the 30th figs sell out faster (just like what Prince Adam's Dad said)

    When you say "majority", I guess you're referring to .org members.

    While it may be true that a "majority" of .org members couldn't care less about TMS, could it not be possible that there are other collectors who are not .org members who actually want this figure (you know, for kit-bashing, etc ) and they were the ones who pre-ordered him?
    They probably did order less than they normally would have. But regardless That figures is not clearly liked. The response was captured on video is evidence of that. And that response was not of people confused and what not. That was of people going "What the hell is that?" And when I said majority, did I say of those on the the Org? No I didn't. if the figure was brought up on a toy forum. It has nothing to do with that Toyguru wants to have his figure made. Even though part of it part of why some hate it. The figure was dissected. The majority claims it looks like a Marvel or DC reject. It's a purple Deadpool with Cyclops armor. and so on! It's a poor design! That is what people are saying! This is why they're saying it doesn't belong into MOTUC. And this kind of thing will be brought up when we see Goeff John's figure. When we see the next Mattel figure. And when we see the winning of Create a Character figure!

    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    maybe for most of us, we just don't like the figure and it has nothing to do with TG?

    i can't speak for everyone, but i just don't care for the figure. i don't care who created it. it didn't bother me that TG put his face on a guard.

    i don't like the idea of crowbarring spector into the mythos as some sort of deus ex machina either.
    Thank you! Plus I hate the idea that you have a time traveling hero (Cable & Bishop) going around the MOTU universe. I dislike the idea of a cosmic key being on his wrist. Sorry there is only 1 Cosmic Key. At least until they get the movie rights. But that key probably kept safe. Until Evil-Lyn gets a hold of it to go back to the future to be with her son.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Dismissing the people who don't like the toy as 'haters' is easier than admitting that they guy they put on a pedestal designed a lousy toy.
    You said it!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  16. #1266
    Heroic Warrior Sgt. Slaughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    The response was captured on video is evidence of that. And that response was not of people confused and what not. That was of people going "What the hell is that?"
    Honestly, I just re-watched the Powercon video and then the NYCC video and while nobody knew who he was at Powercon, the response was not bad. There were a few oohs and ahhs, which was about par for the course at Powercon. Folks were generally pretty quiet there for some reason.

    When they showed him off at NYCC, he got a pretty loud reception.

    I keep hearing about how he got a bad reception in videos, but that's just not supported by the videos themselves.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

  17. #1267
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Dismissing the people who don't like the toy as 'haters' is easier than admitting that they guy they put on a pedestal designed a lousy toy.
    LOL best post of this thread!

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  18. #1268
    Heroic Warrior Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Honestly, I just re-watched the Powercon video and then the NYCC video and while nobody knew who he was at Powercon, the response was not bad. There were a few oohs and ahhs, which was about par for the course at Powercon. Folks were generally pretty quiet there for some reason.

    When they showed him off at NYCC, he got a pretty loud reception.

    I keep hearing about how he got a bad reception in videos, but that's just not supported by the videos themselves.
    Then trust the people that were there.
    There was a long, embarassed silence. Unlike any other reveal there.

  19. #1269
    Heroic Warrior hlinhk128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    KYOTO-HONG KONG-CHICAGO
    Posts
    788
    I remeber seeing it in the video, loud cheering for Stinkor and Slush Head but when it came to Spector, it was dead silence, not even crickets chirping.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)



  20. #1270
    Heroic Warrior Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Then trust the people that were there.
    There was a long, embarassed silence. Unlike any other reveal there.
    I think the real problem with The Mighty Spector, is Lt. Spector. The fact that everyone knew that his face was made with Scott's likeness. If it wasn't for that fact, I don't think so many fans would be turned off by The Mighty Spector. He would have just been another figure.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 26, 2011 at 05:07pm.

  21. #1271
    Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Neuthonian Suburbs
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I think the real problem with The Mighty Spector, is Lt. Spector. The fact that everyone knew that his face was made with Scott's likeness. If it wasn't for that fact, I don't think so many fans would be turned off by The Mighty Spector. He just would have been another figure.
    funny thing is, you would have never had people working on the original toys do this. its kind of sick if you think about it.

  22. #1272
    Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alicante, Spain
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I think the real problem with The Mighty Spector, is Lt. Spector.
    The real problem is:

    - a design made by a 8 years kid (as TG stated).
    - not a strong conection with the MOTUniverse.
    - he looks like a variant Deadpool

    Im also tired of reading that all this mess is because TG design the character. I dont hate TG, Im only hate poor characters.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

    2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

  23. #1273
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I think the real problem with The Mighty Spector, is Lt. Spector. The fact that everyone knew that his face was made with Scott's likeness. If it wasn't for that fact, I don't think so many fans would be turned off by The Mighty Spector. He would have just been another figure.
    That's probably added more fire to it, certainly, but I think it's also given the figure more defenders too. Draego-Man was a hard act to follow either way. However, divorced from his creator, TMS still looks very bland to me. It looks better than a lot of other figures out there, but as part of MOTUC it's one of the lamer entries to my eyes.

  24. #1274
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,338
    Do you wanna know, what Skeletor`s robot knights thinks about Mighty Spector?



  25. #1275
    Heroic Warrior BadVermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Im also tired of reading that all this mess is because TG design the character. I dont hate TG, Im only hate poor characters.
    Yup. I disliked this figure before I found out he designed it. When I saw a pic of Spector, I honestly thought he was from another line and was just a mix-up on the photo album it was placed in from the con. I read the names first online and was looking for a cool ghost figure. It didn't even dawn on me that he was a actual MOTUC figure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •