Page 54 of 121 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Based on the type of characters who have been released for MOTU over the years, there's no reason why Spector wouldn't fit. I can understand people saying they don't like him or don't want a superhero looking toy in MOTU, but so far all of the reasons for why Spector supposedly doesn't fit in MOTU don't make any sense to me. The first wave for MOTU 30 years ago featured a barabrian, a flying ape, & a spaceman. One of the last waves featured a cowboy, a ninja, & a human go-cart.
    I don't like him because:

-his name does not fit with his power... it sounds like he should be a phantom or a figure with crazy vision... he is neither... though I am sure Scott will create the bio in such a way that suggests, because of his time travel abilities, he's like a watcher and "haunts" whomever he needs to spy on or something... which would, in fact, allow me to warm to the name

-the design IS this (with a cosmic key that the 4H added):

FANS' CHOICE WINNER??!?!?!?

I mean how can anyone hear ignore this?? I mean, I know not everyone is ignoring this, but there are plenty of people turning a blind eye. It's bizarre.

He couldn't come up with a new design for a figure in a line for which he has so much passion?

Those pictures prove that this design is LARGELY inspired by Deadpool... the X-MAN Deadpool... and that Scott's story about this being from his child-hood drawing is probably not true.

The spade is a symbol of this too... I can't give details... but people, it's related to Gambit... come on, guys and dolls... it's a left-over design from someone who should have been HUMBLE enough to ask one of the countless artists he knows & has access to for HELP.

That's why I don't like it. I stared at the thing for a good 5 minutes at both Power Con and NYCC, TRYING to like it. I couldn't because Scott's story about this figure is, well, in my opinion, like his story about Whiplash and Megator not coming out any time soon
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I don't think it's inspired by Deadpool for one reason. The spade on his chest. It makes ZERO sense. Nobody except a child would use that.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I mean how can anyone hear ignore this?? I mean, I know not everyone is ignoring this, but there are plenty of people turning a blind eye. It's bizarre.
    In all honesty, does it bother you that MOTU back in the day was a constant rip off of other characters over and over and over and over? It seems you are really angry about the ripping off factor; but how is this any different from what was done with a whole slew of characters back in vintage time?

We have to remember Deadpool was a completely original character.

Spector probably started as an original character, but was eventually influenced by the 90's character design movement when he was re-designed by Scott when he submitted him for marvel.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Well there's been...what? 2 straight months of Spector spewing. How long can it go on for? Will it be consistant til the damn figure is released? I can only imagine how many Spector threads will grow endless pages during his release month.

I can't wait to read Matty's facebook page during that month. That will surely be both embarassing yet hilarious!

Like Mr. Montork said in the chatroom, if we're lucky...the stars will align and he'll get pushed back a little bit and come out alongside the other fan favorite figure....SNAKE MAN-AT-ARMS!! That's what I'm hoping for at least so I can read all the crying and suicide/death threats on Matty's facebook page.

I was "Taken for the Ass !!!" at first with Spector and Snake Man-At-Arms but I'm over it. So what if Snake Man-At-Arms is a cheap-o variant. It's one out of how many figures that is a cheap-o variant. So what if Spector has similarities to Deadpool and/or other comic characters, once again, it's one out of a lot of awesome figures. Just look at other toylines out there where entire waves are brutal...or there's only 1 figure out of the entire wave that is good.

How come these threads are constantly bumped by the same people who've been saying the same things about them over and over? How come no one is talking about Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Khan, Shadow Weaver, etc...? I guess if a figure is ABSOLUTELY perfect it doesnt deserve to be talked about? Is that it?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Spector hate will go on

Mostly cause it's a Gary Stu character that looks like deadpool... He's now competing to be the leader of My Loser Squad (Mekaneck and Snout Spout)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Well there's been...what? 2 straight months of Spector spewing. How long can it go on for? Will it be consistant til the damn figure is released? I can only imagine how many Spector threads will grow endless pages during his release month.
    I agree that the 'Deadpool' complaints are overdone. Deadpool's look is derivative of Deathstroke's, so such a complaint is a bit silly (although the similarities between TMS and Wade's new X-Men look is Uncanny /pun).

I think it has a lot to do with Mattel and TG's reaction to the negative response. With SMAA, they saw the unhappiness and are taking steps to try to rectify it. When confronted with the negative response to TMS, they stonewalled. "We're not changing it. This was my vision for him back when I was 10" (referring to even so much as changing the spade on the armor-despite the additions made by the 4H).

That, and the people that genuinely don't like the figure are being dismissed by the same group of people over and over because of some phantom anti-TG conspiracy. That seems a bit condescending.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    I got the impression that many folks are into that figure, because TG got his childhood dream come true and overlook the fact, that we all shall pay for it...

Again, there's nothing if he said:"Look, this is the guy the 4 HM made for me, it's one of a kind."

But it ends for me, when someone wants money for that. Then the design better has to be awesome!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I got the impression that many folks are into that figure, because TG got his childhood dream come true and overlook the fact, that we all shall pay for it...

Again, there's nothing if he said:"Look, this is the guy the 4 HM made for me, it's one of a kind."

But it ends for me, when someone wants money for that. Then the design better has to be awesome!
    i dont get the "I will look past paying 28 bucks because scott gets his figure" i have heard that. I dont support that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Scott's story about this being from his child-hood drawing is probably not true.
    I'm glad someone finally said this. So Scott frames his rejection letter, but doesn't keep the original drawing ... twice ??? If this is really his childhood hero, I find it very hard to believe that he only drew him two times.

Well there's been...what? 2 straight months of Spector spewing. How long can it go on for?
    2 glorious months of Spector spewing
    And since no one ever runs out of spit, Spector will be spat on forever ... or until this shameful fruit of an utterly unimaginative mind gets erased entirely

Damnatio Memoriae is our ultimate goal
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Finally, MOTU has it's Jar Jar Binkss!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well there's been...what? 2 straight months of Spector spewing. How long can it go on for?
    I don't know. How long did the spewing over the NA era last?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I don't know. How long did the spewing over the NA era last?
    Well, he's basically NNA, so it'll never end.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I really don't care about this "Mighty" Spector. I can't speak for anyone else but I fully intend for this Spector to be the prison "dog" of my collection, forever to have a place as the landing pad of my Tardis.

I'm not going to comment on his design, or his character..as I simply don't care.
    Let Toyguru have his fun, but that's all it should be; Just fun.

This is now the 3rd Toyguru created figure/character to come out of his offices, which is fair enough, he's the brand manager.
    If the brand manager of a toy franchise can't have a figure of his own design put out then what the 'eck is the point of having the job in the first place. It's perks of the job, but this should be the last time it happens. No more.
    Let him have his childhood fantasy character, but let us make no bones about it, he is not a MOTU character. Never was, never will be and he shouldn't try and kid himself otherwise.

After this release I don't want to see any more meddling in the MOTU lore and as far as I'm concerned this character doesn't exist.
    If they attempt to shoe horn him into some major MOTU event in order to force him into canon..well.... I would suggest that ToyGuru take notice to how the entire world has responded to George Lucas' most recent attempt to butcher the Star Wars franchise; and if you're thinking "well Lucas has been meddling for years and yet star wars is still around" I would remind you that Star Wars as a franchise dwarfs MOTU by several magnitudes and grosses more money in a year than MOTU is likely to ever likely to garner in the next 5.
    Considering the proclivity of "fandoms" to moan about anything and everything, even when there is nothing to complain about, continuing to meddle in this way does nothing but invite more discontent. Heavens knows we get enough complaints about insignificant tripe without inviting it.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

NEW BIO:

His spiritual daddy made tms when he was ten years old but didn't have the financial support to raise him when he was born. He did anything in his power to see his long lost son tms and set up a briliant plan.
    He raised money true a make a wish foundation that's known to mankind as a 30th anniversary sub. The plan worked and tms finaly travelled to the motu world. But people on the planet where shocked about his appearance and told tms he also had a twin brother called deadpool from another galaxy.
    After finaly timetravelling to the world his spiritual father lived in he was by most inhabbetants unwanted and this made tms mad.
    It took his father 20 years to see his son and said son, whatever happens we are sticking together and I will never let you go again. We will have our revenge and with your ability to timetravel we are gonna rock this planet. We are gonna travel back and change history and the future. MOTU mightiest of the universe
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Oi. They're just not going to drop it. The Spector bashing is a taken for the ass.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Spector [...] is a taken for the ass
    I agree
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Really? Now you're just being silly.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Really? Now you're just being silly.
    technically speaking, I did quote you correctly

... but I agree it was indeed lame

The words silly, ass taking and lame do certainly belong in the tms thread
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

here's where i'm at: basically i don't like this figure so i won't be buying it ... pretty much as simple as that! ... this character is not part of my MOTU ...

i could rant on for a while about why i don't like it, but it's not necessary ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...In my most humble of personal opinions, dogging on George Lucas for tinkering with his OWN creation is never a sensible argument... He CREATED the darned thing, he OWNS all rights to it, so it's his to do with as he pleases! I will NEVER understand why folks begrudge him the right to do as his please with his own creation. Nobody has to like it, but man... It's just another bad example of "fan entitlement" to me! Again, just my opinion. Would I like to see him develop the films-franchise BEYOND ROTJ? Hellz yeah, that would be just awesome! But until when (and if) he gets around to it, he's free to tweak the first six films to his hearts' content! As far as poor ol' Mighty Spector goes, well, folks will either like & accept him, hate & revile him, or simply just ignore him. In any case, everyone's right in their opinion, since it's just that. The endless mockery seems a bit childish to me, but once again, purely my opinon! I will however, say a few prayers to my deities that whoever wins the Create-A-Character contest is NOT subjected to this sort of treatment, as I'd feel awfully bad for that person!

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    I will however, say a few prayers to my deities that whoever wins the Create-A-Character contest is NOT subjected to this sort of treatment, as I'd feel awfully bad for that person!
    comment of the day!! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

If Spector is actually released, a group of us are planning on jumping off the roof of the Mattel building in protest. You're welcome to join us. The more the merrier.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!