Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If Spector is actually released, a group of us are planning on jumping off the roof of the Mattel building in protest. You're welcome to join us. The more the merrier.
    Only if I can hang from the big red M for a little bit to cause a scene.

-=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post

http://2aday.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/mattel.jpg
    Sure thing. While you're at it, remember when you are hanging from the Mattel "M" to scream "I did it all for you ToyGuru!!!".

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

http://2aday.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/mattel.jpg
    Occupy Continental Blvd?

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    It's funny because people are upset about what most people think is an ugly figure being in the 30th anniversary celebration of their favorite franchise. Hilarious!
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

He's more of a toy than snake Man at Arms.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I canīt be more agree with those angry costumers who have to buy a figure that came from someone so selfish... This figure looks nothing MOTU and just to think that there are lots of talented people just here on the org. that could have their awesome creations to come true instead of having this hated figure makes me angry as well.

Iīm not collecting this line due i donīt have the money but to me TG has a HUGE ego more when he said he canīt feel more honored for having pages and pages of comments about how awful his figure is... Also he claim to be a huge MOTU fan, so why then he makes a figure that doesnīt fit with it, he could create a figure with animal head or a medieval warrior or whatever and could look more MOTU than this, and the bio is even worse... If i was Mattel i will be canceling this figure... Is offensive the argument they are using saying, it was something TG design when he was a kid If thats true, who cares the design is poor... I can not care less for TG he doesnīt mean anything to me cause as i said before iīm not collecting this line, but having him trying to change MOTU history to me that seems patetic.

PS. Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    I canīt be more agree with those angry costumers who have to buy a figure that came from someone so selfish... This figure looks nothing MOTU and just to think that there are lots of talented people just here on the org. that could have their awesome creations to come true instead of having this hated figure makes me angry as well.

Iīm not collecting this line due i donīt have the money but to me TG has a HUGE ego more when he said he canīt feel more honored for having pages and pages of comments about how awful his figure is... Also he claim to be a huge MOTU fan, so why then he makes a figure that doesnīt fit with it, he could create a figure with animal head or a medieval warrior or whatever and could look more MOTU than this, and the bio is even worse... If i was Mattel i will be canceling this figure... Is offensive the argument they are using saying, it was something TG design when he was a kid If thats true, who cares the design is poor... I can not care less for TG he doesnīt mean anything to me cause as i said before iīm not collecting this line, but having him trying to change MOTU history to me that seems patetic.

Man, I cant agree more, you just pointed my own point of view.
    Just think about how lame MS looks comparing him to the moltitude of fan characters we have seen here, like Poolar, Baena, Oozor, Copperhead, SeeShell, Glade, Unicra, SpyFly, ecc...not to mention the army of new characters developed by COTU...bah, this was just a wasted chance.
    Danbrenus
    uomo libero e guerriero delle schiere Boiche

http://danbrenus.deviantart.com/
    My pre-Filmation minicomics:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=184385
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189337
    Of course I do commission, after all I have to live!
    Chiaramente accetto commissioni, dovrō pur campare...

Heroic Warrior
    There are so many ways to let a figure appearing MOTUish...

The 4 HM nailed it with Draego Man!

Wow. As the poll hits 100 replies (well, 99), I honestly thought the results would have been closer. On this particular topic, the fans have spoken. And with a 2-to-1 margin, they do not appear to be fond of TMS.

"What is your honest opinion of The Mighty Spector?" poll results

56.5% have an unfavorable opinion of the character/figure.

27.2% have a favorable opinion of the figure/character.

16.1% are indifferent.

With as much back-and forth in this thread, did anyone think there would be such a wide margin?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Wow. As the poll hits 100 replies (well, 99), I honestly thought the results would have been closer. On this particular topic, the fans have spoken. And with a 2-to-1 margin, they do not appear to be fond of TMS.

16.1% are indifferent.

With as much back-and forth in this thread, did anyone think there would be such a wide margin?
    even with all those people "warming up to him" he couldn't get 30%
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

16.1% are indifferent.

What is so weird is the disparity between it and this poll:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214871
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I wish TMS was the January figure.
    Then the bashing and this thread would stop around February.

lol @ stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If Spector is actually released, a group of us are planning on jumping off the roof of the Mattel building in protest. You're welcome to join us. The more the merrier.
    IMHO, people really need to take it down a notch, and read the opening post of this thread if you haven't:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=216514

Quote Originally Posted by eterniandreams View Post
    i wish tms was the january figure.
    Then the bashing and this thread would stop around february.
    Amen!!!!!!

Octavio, I don't mean to attack you personally, but your one post has a lot of things in it that are all over this thread that I wanted to address:

This figure looks nothing MOTU
    That could be said about A LOT of figures in MOTU, and in my opinion, the one in your avatar would be right near the top of that list.

and just to think that there are lots of talented people just here on the org. that could have their awesome creations to come true instead of having this hated figure makes me angry as well.
    Well, yeah, I would have rather seen Illuminia, too.

Iīm not collecting this line due i donīt have the money but to me TG has a HUGE ego more when he said he canīt feel more honored for having pages and pages of comments about how awful his figure is...
    I've made no secret about the fact that I haven't been happy with some of his posts lately, but I actually respected him for saying this A LOT because what he actually said was "I'm honored that Spector has inspired so many pages of debate." and to me that was him doing an excellent job of taking the high road...an act that hasn't been seen as much as it used to be around here.

Also he claim to be a huge MOTU fan, so why then he makes a figure that doesnīt fit with it, he could create a figure with animal head or a medieval warrior or whatever
    You mean someone like Snout Spout? Because he looks SO awesome? Even the incredible talent of The Four Horsemen couldn't save that vintage update into Classics. And again, I think Spector fits just as much as Icarius does.

I can not care less for TG he doesnīt mean anything to me cause as i said before iīm not collecting this line, but having him trying to change MOTU history to me that seems patetic.
    Well, he means something to those of us who are collecting this line, and probably to anyone who's bought even one figure from it, because we wouldn't have this line without him, and that's a fact. And he's not trying to change MOTU history; it's not like he's trying to say he came up with the original vintage figures (which is good since there's enough of that happening without him); the bios are a brand new canon that are attempting the VERY difficult task of bringing together all the old ones, not abolish them.

NO worries! Your english is fine, and you at least have the excuse of it not being your native language, which is why it's MUCH less frustrating for me to read a full post of yours than to read one sentence where ToyGuru tries to use the word "their"!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; October 31, 2011 at 09:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    I wish TMS was the January figure.
    Then the bashing and this thread would stop around February.
    Could it be because a figure that 2 of every 3 people (with an opinion) don't like is in the 30th lineup?

Heroic Warrior TombstonePiledrive's Avatar
    I can only imagine what a forum would have looked like when they were coming out with the original figures...

I don't mind Spector. He doesn't really fit in, but does he have to have the fur trunks to be MOTUC? I am not a fan of the colors or the concept, or the logo, but overall he is a cool figure and the reasoning behind it is too cool to ignore. I'll buy one. I may paint it, but I don't hate it!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    If you do the protest jump, Mizzo, can I have all your cool stuff? Like the...oh, wait. No, don't want that. Oh! How about your...no, don't want that either. Never mind. Forget it.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by danbrenus View Post
    Man, I cant agree more, you just pointed my own point of view.
    Just think about how lame MS looks comparing him to the moltitude of fan characters we have seen here, like Poolar, Baena, Oozor, Copperhead, SeeShell, Glade, Unicra, SpyFly, ecc...not to mention the army of new characters developed by COTU...bah, this was just a wasted chance.
    And THIS is coming from one of the best & most imaginative MOTU artists out there!

It's time to Occupy TMS!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    IMHO, people really need to take it down a notch, and read the opening post of this thread if you haven't:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=216514
    Obviously I was kidding. I guess we can't even make jokes now. I haven't said one negative thing about Spector in this or any thread.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 31, 2011 at 01:52pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Could it be because a figure that 2 of every 3 people (with an opinion) don't like is in the 30th lineup?
    But there is no need to post that here 30 times.
    The 120 people that took your poll didn't all post here more than 10 times each to get to 1372 posts. It are the same people repeating themselves.
    I don't mind tat being ver do we can move on.

Btw, in your poll about 50% of the 120 reactions have real issues with the figure.
    Is TMS getting more sympathy?
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; October 31, 2011 at 02:25pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Can people just cool it with accusations of selfishness and malfeasance against Toyguru and Mattel. It's fine if you don't like Mighty Spector, but complaining about the fact that he got to design a figure is completely pointless. Matty wanted to give the figure design to employees, that is there right, and Toyguru is in no way being selfish by taking advantage of the opportunity. All of those with awesome designs are eligible to enter the contest, and Scott has not taken a "rightful slot," if we can even call it such a thing, from anyone else. No one is owed the right to design a figure. Tell us the design is not your favorite, but don't tell us there were sinister motives behind it.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

As a Mattel shareholder, I'm outraged by their crappy business decision.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

You should bring it up at the next stockholder's meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Can people just cool it with accusations of selfishness and malfeasance against Toyguru and Mattel. It's fine if you don't like Mighty Spector, but complaining about the fact that he got to design a figure is completely pointless. Matty wanted to give the figure design to employees, that is there right, and Toyguru is in no way being selfish by taking advantage of the opportunity. All of those with awesome designs are eligible to enter the contest, and Scott has not taken a "rightful slot," if we can even call it such a thing, from anyone else. No one is owed the right to design a figure. Tell us the design is not your favorite, but don't tell us there were sinister motives behind it.
    You must be joking and an American if you say everyone is eligible to enter the contest. Read the contest rules

That he has a slot for creating an xmen in an anniversaryline for motu, fine but I pay for 2 tms because I got 2 subs and don't like the figure for motu and his bio is going to be even worse (and the comic appearance even worser)
    That his buddy Geoff got a slot after importing mr neit lik in the GL line (new charachter, TGs name) I find a little bit to coincidental.

After everything we went true the past 3 years with matty and the lies that have been told by the brandmanager, some people still trust them blindly.
    Do they don't get it's BUSINESS. Do you know honest businessmen that don't make sinister moves? I can tell you for shure that mattel isn't honest and can give you a lot of examples of sinister moves they made over the years.

They don't make toys because they want to be like santa claus.
    They are a toy COMPANY that made billions and thank God there are people that question them sometimes. Anyone remember the Barbie furniture with led paint?

Don't get me wrong, they make the best toys in the world but that doesn't mean you have to like their way of doing bussiness, the questionable dicissions and swallow every lie they tell.

I don't get why some are matty apologists and are proud of it. They don't get paid for doing that
    Last edited by orkothewizard; October 31, 2011 at 04:37pm.
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Let me get this straight. No one better add any levity not aimed at ToyGuru, call anyone a hater, or dare infringe on anyone's freedom of speech to "critique" Spector, ToyGuru, and/or Mattel(although free speech doesn't really apply to a message board), but if someone doesn't agree with "you", they are an apologist, lying about their true feelings, turning a blind eye, and/or a Mattel employee in disguise.

I just want to make sure I'm up to date on the "rules" for this current "discussion".

JOIN THE GROUP...