Page 56 of 121 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

  1. #1376
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,191
    Once again guys and gals...

    Let's please refrain from attacking/insulting each other here.
    We can all have and express our feelings constructively.

    Liking Spector doesn't make someone an "apologist" or a Mattel employee any more than disliking him makes someone a "hater" or a "troll".

    Thanks!
    Bill :: guitargod694

  2. #1377
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    You should bring it up at the next stockholder's meeting.
    I will be attacking the chairman with a genuine TMS doll.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; October 31, 2011 at 06:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  3. #1378
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Once again guys and gals...

    Let's please refrain from attacking/insulting each other here.
    We can all have and express our feelings constructively.

    Liking Spector doesn't make someone an "apologist" or a Mattel employee any more than disliking him makes someone a "hater" or a "troll".

    Thanks!
    Liking tms doesn't make someone an apologist or employee, that's wright not gonna argue with that.
    Writing anyone could participate in the contest is a lie.
    Questioning TGs slot is indeed pointless but I'm paying 50 dollars for those figures so I don't like it and I don't like people that lie to me.

    My posts get edited or deleted because I can't give construtive critisism to constructive lies, I'm sorry that's impossible.

    I spend 1000's of dollars on mattel and like all their products (except barbie ) and this is the first figure in 30 years I don't like for the motu line.
    And with the story behind it find it a slap in the face.

    If you have an annisub and like the figure, good for you.
    If you have an annisub and don't like it because of the figure or how he got in the line, my condolences for your money and respect for speeking your mind.

    You can call me a hater for that, I don't care, I call it realism.
    I thought apologist ment you defend and apologize no mather if it's wright or wrong. I'm not english speaking so can anyone tell me what matty apologist means?

    Can I put tms haterologist under my screen name?
    Can anyone tell me how to give constructive critisism for tms or his creator if you hate tms and think his creator is abusing his power?
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  4. #1379
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    I thought apologist ment you defend and apologize no mather if it's wright or wrong. I'm not english speaking so can anyone tell me what matty apologist means?
    Historically the term 'apologist' was used for the early Christians who had to defend their faith against critics. It's derived from ἀπολογία, which means 'defense'.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  5. #1380
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Historically the term 'apologist' was used for the early Christians who had to defend their faith against critics. It's derived from ἀπολογία, which means 'defense'.
    TMS is lamer than St. Paul.
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  6. #1381
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Historically the term 'apologist' was used for the early Christians who had to defend their faith against critics. It's derived from ἀπολογία, which means 'defense'.
    So I had it wright, thanks for the history lesson buddy
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  7. #1382
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    TMS is lamer than St. Paul.
    St. Paul wasn't lame


    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    So I had it wright, thanks for the history lesson buddy
    my pleasure
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  8. #1383
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    But there is no need to post that here 30 times.
    I posted the results once. Which by my math, is 29 times less than 30. I eluded to the fact that TMS wasn't faring well one time prior to that, but it was earlier on in the poll.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Btw, in your poll about 50% of the 120 reactions have real issues with the figure.
    Is TMS getting more sympathy?
    In the poll, about 13% of the 127 reactions actually thought it was a good figure on its own merits. Doesn't look like much sympathy to me.

  9. #1384
    Heroic Warrior Mern-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Obviously I was kidding. I guess we can't even make jokes now. I haven't said one negative thing about Spector in this or any thread.
    Oops--sorry--my bad! Good to know things aren't as out of hand as I thought.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

    Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

    The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

  10. #1385
    Heroic Warrior Smashtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Thrilla in Manila
    Posts
    237
    Just because you could, doesn't mean that you should.

    If a you're a manager and was given the opportunity to DESIGN a character in a brand that you're supposed to be looking out for, would you do it?

    Knowing that you know a whole bunch of people who are more qualified/talented to design the character, would you still do it?

    Even if you're equipped with teams of designers at your disposal, would you still submit a design that you created when you were eight(8)?
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

  11. #1386
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    Just because you could, doesn't mean that you should.

    If a you're a manager and was given the opportunity to DESIGN a character in a brand that you're supposed to be looking out for, would you do it?

    Knowing that you know a whole bunch of people who are more qualified/talented to design the character, would you still do it?

    Even if you're equipped with teams of designers at your disposal, would you still submit a design that you created when you were eight(8)?
    Hells yeah. Without hesitation, question or regard for what others would want.

    YES.

  12. #1387
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,737
    Yep. Yeah. Me too. Especially if I knew it would bring out all the crazies! It's like it's still Halloween! Then I would sit back, fingers steepled, and watch the fireworks.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  13. #1388
    HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    4,122
    Hell yeah! Troll the fanbase! Screw those...er...US guys!

  14. #1389
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    Just because you could, doesn't mean that you should.

    If a you're a manager and was given the opportunity to DESIGN a character in a brand that you're supposed to be looking out for, would you do it?

    Knowing that you know a whole bunch of people who are more qualified/talented to design the character, would you still do it?

    Even if you're equipped with teams of designers at your disposal, would you still submit a design that you created when you were eight(8)?
    Since Toyguru cannot enter the current Create-A-Character contest, I don't blame him for taking advantage of his position to get his figure made.

    It's not something I would have done if I was in his shoes, but I can understand why he did it.

  15. #1390
    Heroic Warrior Smashtoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Thrilla in Manila
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Since Toyguru cannot enter the current Create-A-Character contest, I don't blame him for taking advantage of his position to get his figure made.

    It's not something I would have done if I was in his shoes, but I can understand why he did it.
    LOL!

    With all due respect, not being able to join the Create-A-Character contest does not even come close to outweighing all the "perks" he has for doing what he's being paid for (Deciding the figure line-up, writing the Bios, writing the comic, Influence final design choices). So I'm sorry that I don't feel like lamenting on his circumstances.

    "Poor Scott, he can't submit The Mighty Spector in the Create-A-Character since he's directly involved with that contest"

    I mean, Really?
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

  16. #1391
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,110
    It's not so much his design that bothers me... To me it's an awful design, but what bothers me the most is that Toyguru injected himself INTO MOTU Canon in the worst kind of way... by upgrading his "redshirt" avatar into a fully-fledged Master with Godlike powers. I'd be a bit more open to this character's concept if it WASN'T TG as a Fully fledged Master with Time travelling powers. If he was one of Marlena's crew who was believed to be dead or something, I'd be more excited about him...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  17. #1392
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    If Toyguru presented something more barabaric with a laser gun, I would be more pleased...

    This thing is a waste of material...

  18. #1393
    Heroic Warrior Azrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, CA
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravestar View Post
    Hells yeah. Without hesitation, question or regard for what others would want.

    YES.
    Well its a good thing that you're not brand manager then

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Since Toyguru cannot enter the current Create-A-Character contest, I don't blame him for taking advantage of his position to get his figure made.

    It's not something I would have done if I was in his shoes, but I can understand why he did it.
    The fact of the matter is that there was never a need to exploit
    his position, especially if the 4H can simply construct him
    a personal replica of Spector specifically for him. Taking that approach
    would have also avoided any negative fan backlash since it is the fans
    that will be paying for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    LOL!

    With all due respect, not being able to join the Create-A-Character contest does not even come close to outweighing all the "perks" he has for doing what he's being paid for (Deciding the figure line-up, writing the Bios, writing the comic, Influence final design choices). So I'm sorry that I don't feel like lamenting on his circumstances.

    "Poor Scott, he can't submit The Mighty Spector in the Create-A-Character since he's directly involved with that contest"

    I mean, Really?
    My sentiments exactly. There are many perks to be had, the
    create-a-character contest pales in comparison.
    Last edited by Azrael; November 1, 2011 at 01:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #1394
    Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    If Toyguru presented something more barabaric with a laser gun, I would be more pleased...

    This thing is a waste of material...
    Nah! There's enough barbaric stuff in MOTUC (IMO). I would have implemented some kind of military (GI Joe like) backround for him. Maybe he could have become an elite specialist of the Royal guard, rather than a super hero.

    What about a "Commando Spector"?
    - new head with barret (new)
    - backpack with explosives (new)
    - one big machete in the right hand (new)
    - one anti tank mine in the left hand (new)
    - light armor (only green guard chest armor)
    - green boots
    - rest of his body painted in some kind of green camo colors

    Less tooling than MS needed.

    "To support the Great Rebellion, Commando Specialist Lt. Spector was ordered to Etheria by King Randor, to operate undetected behind enemy lines, destroying supply routes and military complexes of the Evil Horde."

    ....I'm only dreaming.

    BTW, I stopped reading the bios. So I don't really know, what is going on in the new MOTUC canon.

  20. #1395
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,110
    Well in my canon, Normal Spector is the leader of a small team that does the jobs that the Heroic Warriors cannot do. They report directly to MAA. 1/2 A-Team, 1/2 Secret Agents.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  21. #1396
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Nah! There's enough barbaric stuff in MOTUC (IMO). I would have implemented some kind of military (GI Joe like) backround for him. Maybe he could have become an elite specialist of the Royal guard, rather than a super hero.

    I'm a joe collector and I wouldn't create a new figure for a 30th celebration of MOTU like an other 80's icon.

    Now tms looks like an xmen, you suggest more gijoe like but why not make him a transformer, thundercat, ninja turtle or a killer teddy ruxpin?

    Anything goes in motu world but if it looks like it's from another cartoon then IMHO you havent got a real motu figure but a rip off.

    To celebrate a line and for a new figure you can't just copy ideas from other lines and aspect fans to have to like every figure. Especially when the figure looks like it came from another franchise.

    If TG was brandmanager of marvel and they celebrated an anniversary and he got a slot to create a figure what would he come up with?

    Exact the same figure and his bosses would say, yes he looks like a great marvel figure but he isn't original enough because he looks like deadpool and cyclops mashed togheter.
    Or they released the figure and his bio would say he is the long lost twin brother of deadpool and cyclops that finaly timetravlled to the marvel universe.
    Last edited by orkothewizard; November 1, 2011 at 03:11pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  22. #1397
    Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    I'm a joe collector and I wouldn't create a new figure for a 30th celebration of MOTU like an other 80's icon.

    Now tms looks like an xmen, you suggest more gijoe like but why not make him a transformer, thundercat, ninja turtle or a killer teddy ruxpin?

    Anything goes in motu world but if it looks like it's from another cartoon then IMHO you havent got a real motu figure but a rip off.

    To celebrate a line and for a new figure you can't just copy ideas from other lines and aspect fans to have to like every figure. Especially when the figure looks like it came from another franchise.

    If TG was brandmanager of marvel and they celebrated an anniversary and he got a slot to create a figure what would he come up with?

    Exact the same figure and his bosses would say, yes he looks like a great marvel figure but he isn't original enough because he looks like deadpool and cyclops mashed togheter.
    Or they released the figure and his bio would say he is the long lost twin brother of deadpool and cyclops that finaly timetravlled to the marvel universe.
    No, I think you misunderstood. I didn't mean just to copy a GI Joe figure. I wrote "GI Joe like backround". I mean a more military specialist (like Man At Arms in MOTU or Nokturna in NA) than a super hero. Yes, I liked the implementation of Lt. Spector in MOTUC. I would keep the overall Palace Guard theme and style but give him some special abilities and appearence. Just a small promotion from Lieutenant S. to Captain S. than a transformation from Lieutenant S. to a mighty time traveling Super Hero. IMO

    Thank god, that it is not my job to create the next 30th anniversary figure.

  23. #1398
    Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bologna - Italy
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    I'm a joe collector and I wouldn't create a new figure for a 30th celebration of MOTU like an other 80's icon.

    To celebrate a line and for a new figure you can't just copy ideas from other lines and aspect fans to have to like every figure. Especially when the figure looks like it came from another franchise.
    sorry, but didn't hasbro introduced matt trakker from m.a.s.k. into the 25th
    anniversary collection?

    ____________________


    btw, i just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether the whip and dagger
    attachments were compatible with the upper part of the cosmic key that
    came with preternia disguised he-man.

  24. #1399
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    @matt I knew you ment it wright and your idea is good but the figure now is more marvel like

    @ charlie brown yes they did and I love that figure and that he was integrated but tms is supposed to be a new original motu charachter. I would love to have bravestar in the motu line but not a figure that looks like him a little and named different like the mighty braveststar.
    Hasbro has the licence of mask now and aspect a new line next year. Mattel hasn't got the marvel license
    Last edited by orkothewizard; November 1, 2011 at 04:43pm.
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  25. #1400
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,931
    It's been confirmed that all 30th Anniversary figures (minus the fan contest winner) will be featured in the mini-comics (at least one panel). So, that means The Mighty Spector is in the Powers of Grayskull story. Just like we remember.

    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •