Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    As apathetic as I am about his toy design I have to give the man points for trolling his own customer base. Either that or he's a fool. Not sure which. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though.
    If you read the entire post, not just the part you quoted. I think his post comes out as pretty good spirited.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    If you read the entire post, not just the part you quoted. I think his post comes out as pretty good spirited.
    Mildly delusional, but good spirited nonetheless.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I was not forced to buy TNSB?
    I do not think so.
    There was no sniper or big angry man behind me, right.

But after PhotoG and Draego-Man the sub looks good. There was a "promise" to sell good MotUC figures.
    And now? We have two wonderful MotUCs, one crappy whatever and three yet open.

Snake Man Duncan is a MotUC figure variant. She is not bad because her design. Only not enough for a variant. But in my eyes, TNSB is not MotUC. Its Marvel, its DC its all, but no MotU.

A superhero at Eternia. OK.
    A time traveller at Eternia. OK.
    But he should looks like Eternia. I am missing the moturized touch.

----------------------------------------------
    A question:
    TNSB should be the guard Spector. Its the same person, right?
    The heads looks different. Why?
    Does someone deform him in battle?
    Write slow, please. I am german.
    My Englisch is terrible. I know. SORRY!

He-Man, the hero is dead!
    King Hiss, the leader of the mighty Snake Man is dead!
    Hordak, the loooooser is dead for ever! Thanks God (Skeletor)
    Skeletor, the Emporer govern Eternia.

The best german Fan-Site

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    A question:
    TNSB should be the guard Spector. Its the same person, right?
    The heads looks different. Why?
    Does someone deform him in battle?
    I suspect because it's one of the first attempts of the 4H for Faceless One's head, which is now conveniently recycled. Just speculating, though
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

You know what? .... I want TMS now... not because he's good (because he's not), not because he's original (because he's not), not because he fits in with the MOTU aesthetic (because he doesn't).
    I want him because in my head he's now a physical manifestation of an epic trollage of the motu fandom. DAMN YOU DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Ok guys, it's time for everyone to take a step back and a deep breath.

Scott did not come on here to troll. I guarantee this. He came on here and made a light-hearted comment. It's as simple as that. I feel people are reading way too far into what he said, and I'm going to ask you to please stop.

We need to get this thread back on track here. Enough with the back and forth about Scott's intentions. Enough with the trolling comments. Anything further will be deleted and you may be warned/suspended.

It's OK to dislike the figure. It's OK to like it. It's not OK to spend post after post trying to figure out intentions behind Scott's post. I promise he meant nothing mean-spirited by it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Ok guys, it's time for everyone to take a step back and a deep breath.

Scott did not come on here to troll. I guarantee this. He came on here and made a light-hearted comment. It's as simple as that. I feel people are reading way too far into what he said, and I'm going to ask you to please stop.

We need to get this thread back on track here. Enough with the back and forth about Scott's intentions. Enough with the trolling comments. Anything further will be deleted and you may be warned/suspended.

It's OK to dislike the figure. It's OK to like it. It's not OK to spend post after post trying to figure out intentions behind Scott's post. I promise he meant nothing mean-spirited by it.

the man speaks reason, thanks
    the ignore list is my new best friend

What part of "Don't take this away from me" did you not understand? Bunch of kill joys.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Heroic Warrior
    I want to make one thing clear: if I don't like Spector, it's not because Toyguru designed it. I'm not jealous at all.

Personally, I don't really care about WHO designs a figure, AS LONG AS IT LOOKS COOL !

If the current Draego Man had been created by Toyguru, I'd praise TG for sure.

But the thing is - and I guess it may be a matter of tastes - Spector's aesthtetics don't appeal to me at all. He looks too plain and too cheap for me to spend $30 or more on him. This is my honest opinion on this figure.

I really think people must speak with their wallet for this figure : you like Spector ? Go and buy him. You don't like him ? Don't buy him. And if you get Spector because you got a sub, just resell him or offer him as a present...

P.S. : I really enjoyed the aesthetics of the "Neitlick" (spelling ?) figure, though. I don't know if it's TG who designed it, but it looks great. Too bad I can't find it in my country...
    Last edited by Prahvus; November 7, 2011 at 04:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Since MOTUC is an online only line, I'd think that we're the main people keeping him in business. He'd have to come here to see how his clientele is doing. It's not a lion's den all the time. When Toyguru does well, he's a hero. When he does or says something questionable, he's villainized.
    I honestly don't think MOTUC sales would be affected at all if ToyGuru never posted on this site again.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I honestly don't think MOTUC sales would be affected at all if ToyGuru never posted on this site again.
    I believe that there would be much less anger going around. Much of it is purely reactionary to ill advised posts and comments.

There will always be anger and contempt on these boards. Some fans look for reasons to be angered.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    There will always be anger and contempt on these boards. Some fans look for reasons to be angered.
    I agree, but thats pretty much any toy forum site lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I want to make one thing clear: if I don't like Spector, it's not because Toyguru designed it. I'm not jealous at all.

Personally, I don't really care about WHO designs a figure, AS LONG AS IT LOOKS COOL !

If the current Draego Man had been created by Toyguru, I'd praise TG for sure.

But the thing is - and I guess it may be a matter of tastes - Spector's aesthtetics don't appeal to me at all. He looks too plain and too cheap for me to spend $30 or more on him. This is my honest opinion on this figure.

I really think people must speak with their wallet for this figure : you like Spector ? Go and buy him. You don't like him ? Don't buy him. And if you get Spector because you got a sub, just resell him or offer him as a present...

P.S. : I really enjoyed the aesthetics of the "Neitlick" (spelling ?) figure, though. I don't know if it's TG who designed it, but it looks great. Too bad I can't find it in my country...
    neitlich (i think?! ... ) ...

yeah - i'm not really bothered who designed this figure at all ... it could have been TG/4H/anyone ... i don't really care ... i don't like draego-man either, and again - that's not a critique of the 4H ...

my dislike of this figure has nothing to do with TG's involvement with it ... quite the contrary ... i simply have no connection or feelings towards the mighty spector, both as a concept in the MOTU story-line or as a figure ...

sure, i strongly dislike this figure ... but do i care who designed it? does it bother me? ... no ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post

Mmmm... Mighty Spector action figures for some, miniature Eternian flags for others!
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; November 8, 2011 at 07:03pm.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    And always twirling, twirling, twirling.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    TG! what say you! 65 pages of Spector!!!! more than most current MOTU characters!

In my personal fiction TMS is now the Time Travelling Troll from Trolla.

Jumping backwards and forwards putting wrong things that once went right.
    Spraying Graffiti on Castle Greyskull, working his way into the background of ancient photographs and paintings and generally ******* off nerds and fandoms wherever he goes.
    Lt. Spector stepped into the quantum leap accelerator..and vanished.
    You have no idea how much I want this figure now.
    DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I think a cool fan fiction idea would be Spector going back in time to kill Keldor to try and stop Skeletor from causing lots of naughtiness, but messing up and accidentally offing Randor instead. This could create an alternate timeline with no He-Man or She-Ra being born or Keldor becoming Skeletor, so Marzo or Hordak could rule Castle Grayskull and the heroes and villains would have different alliances, maybe with Keldor being a heroic leader against the overwhelming tyranny of Castle Grayskull.

The only way to put things right would be for The Sorceress and Eldor to summon He-Ro from the past to defeat Spector before he could fire the shot that kills Randor.....
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    In my personal fiction TMS is now the Time Travelling Troll from Trolla.

Jumping backwards and forwards putting wrong things that once went right.
    Spraying Graffiti on Castle Greyskull, working his way into the background of ancient photographs and paintings and generally ******* off nerds and fandoms wherever he goes.
    Lt. Spector stepped into the quantum leap accelerator..and vanished.
    You have no idea how much I want this figure now.
    DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME.
    I'm pretty shure he is from a dark hole in the universe called mianus.

I can't wait either to have this figure. I allready have a nice swimmingpool for him in a little room.
    I made this pool so special that when you push a button he timetravels to the dark side of the universe and meets all of his friends

I'm gonna call this YTvid THE MIGHTY FLUSH
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

@ Killian & Jii Dee
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    I can't wait either to have this figure. I allready have a nice swimmingpool for him in a little room.
    I made this pool so special that when you push a button he timetravels to the dark side of the universe and meets all of his friends

I'm gonna call this YTvid THE MIGHTY FLUSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    "TOWARDS FREEDOM!"

somebody had to finish it, it was driving me crazy.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Q2Zh0qZSnK2Oad

Mmmm... Mighty Spector action figures for some, miniature Eternian flags for others!

I loves me a good simpsons reference (that's goes for you too TG)

if Spector came with miniature Eternian flags, I might get turned around on him!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    LOL Don't you mean flushing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I don't either, but you know he's got this thread bookmarked in his browser.
    Last edited by TJRules; November 10, 2011 at 02:33am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!