Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3015

Thread: Mighty Spector Discussion Thread

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    The mere sight of Sir Sucks-a-Lot is enough to make Spektor far more palatable...but I'm still not paying money for him.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    So are they going to die in the first wave of the Evil Warrior's attack, C-Smooth?
    No Under Illuminas leadership team 30th is going to take over Eternia!!! New World Order!!! They will **** on the plans laid down by the Horde, Skeletor, and the Masters!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    No Under Illuminas leadership team 30th is going to take over Eternia!!! New World Order!!! They will **** on the plans laid down by the Horde, Skeletor, and the Masters!
    I see. Well, all I can say is have fun storming the castle.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 20, 2012 at 09:36am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Spector is a great looking figure actually. I"ve said it before, but this look just adds to the awesome variety of MOTUC.

Sir Laser Lot is actually so MOTU it hurts. And he's comepletely awesome.

End of Line.

Calling it. Spector works for future Sorceress Teela. Loyalty bred from being in the guard. And on Eternia, technology shrinks every year just like on earth, so we've got a smaller cosmic key. Or...not. Maybe?

I dunno. I'm digging Spector as a figure, though. The darker purple works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I would be [VERY] curious to see a direct answer to the "LEGAL" issues regarding how that Mighty Spector was a rejected toy design from the same contest that Photog came from... and won. That contests rules stated there was to be but [1] [winner]
    ....yet I see 2...

....what about all of the rest of us who submitted designs?

Where are our submission ideas in figure form?

Since we obviously throwing out the rules; and anything the "HE-MAN/MASTERS label stands for"... which also btw, "CLEARLY" is a "CLEARCUT" legal case of false advertising in action.

..anyone else spot this?
    Is this a serious post? Scott's the BRAND MANAGER, he can do whatever he wants as long as he can get a budget for it and can get approval from his bosses.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; February 21, 2012 at 07:55pm. Reason: My typing sucks

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    Calling it. Spector works for future Sorceress Teela. Loyalty bred from being in the guard. And on Eternia, technology shrinks every year just like on earth, so we've got a smaller cosmic key. Or...not. Maybe?

I dunno. I'm digging Spector as a figure, though. The darker purple works for me.
    I'm guessing he works for Scrollos.
    TG said Spector was trusted to keep others from messing with time and was given the responsibility from a higher power. Scrollos knows all and sees all.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Is this a serious post? Scott's the BRAND MANAGER, he can do whatever he wants as long as he can get a budget for it and can get approval from his bosses.
    [pardon let me clarify my argument]

I understand what you said completely, and have nothing against Scott personally, [AT ALL]!

In fact [I love and am THRILLED] that he supports an fights for the line the way he does, which I think any of us would do in his position!

I also personally feel [he gets "WAY" too much of the personal blame for WAY TOO MANY THINGS things that are reported about the line.]

But!

[IGNORING] my personal feelings about the design of this character, which I have grown to like alot. As themed design characters are common in this line in diff periods. So getting a superhero themed one is fine.

[IGNORING] of his position as brand manager. -[of which Scott has done a good job at]-

I am just saying that this seems like this figures entry into the universe/figure line is somehow breaking the rules from the original contest of which this character -The Mighty Spector- was a submission for, and was originally rejected for winning and getting a figure.

I just think that this is kind of a slap in the face to everyone else who had submitted an entry to that same contest.

I mean Masters does.. or did [stand for doing the right thing, following the rules, an not cheating].

Or isnt that the case anymore?

If it still does... I am sorry... but slipping a figure past the original rules, due to just "time passing"... "STILL" seems like cheating somehow to me [.]

[1] winner still means [1] winner as much today as it did then.

Not [1] winner... unless something else happens/changes over time and we change our mind.
    The displayed and listed rules for that contest are as much still the case now as then.

If not then you basically break down to a basic case of false advertising -and/or- cheating... it has to be one of the two[.]

I just cant see this any other way, again not a personal issue with Scott.

These are my only reasons that keep me from fully supporting this character.

If someone can clear these up for me. I would be thrilled to accept the character.
    Last edited by Replikor; February 21, 2012 at 11:04pm.

Thumbs UP! for The Mighty Spector!

Wow. 95 pages.... Sorry I won't be reading them, rather I'll just make this simple post:

I think The Mighty Spector is pretty friggin' awesome and I love the whole integrated Cosmic key wrist guard concept.

I think his design and color scheme are great. Cheers to Toy Guru and the Four Horsemen on this one!
    – No comment.

If it still does... I am sorry... but slipping a figure past the original rules, due to just "time passing"... "STILL" seems like cheating somehow to me [.]

[1] winner still means [1] winner as much today as it did then.

Not [1] winner... unless something else happens/changes over time and we change our mind.
    The displayed and listed rules for that contest are as much still the case now as then.

If not then you basically break down to a basic case of false advertising -and/or- cheating... it has to be one of the two
    We are talking about a contest that ended over 20 years ago. Bitner won, got the tour, got the $100 grand but the figure never saw the light of day.

Then TG comes along, finally tracks down Bitner, makes good on the 20+ year old promise and as a side benefit, he gets his childhood dream fulfilled too. Sounds like a happy ending to me.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hek-tor View Post
    I'm guessing he works for Scrollos.
    TG said Spector was trusted to keep others from messing with time and was given the responsibility from a higher power. Scrollos knows all and sees all.
    That'd be cool. I was wondering if he worked for the Overlords of Trolla, but Scrollos would be better, especially if we can get him in the line eventually.

I'm coming round to the idea of TMS now... I mean Filmation invented lots of bad characters such as almost any of their annoying child characters, the mini comics and full size comics gave us new characters such as Prince Dakon, Lt Andra etc, 200X gave us new characters such as Odiphus and King Grayskull, who I never liked much..

So why not have a new character from the brand manager? It's not like we have to keep him in our collections if we don't want to...
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    spector, lasor lot & photog have this super hero feel to them. like comic book feel.
    just a thought after looking at all three.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

We are talking about a contest that ended over 20 years ago. Bitner won, got the tour, got the $100 grand but the figure never saw the light of day.

Then TG comes along, finally tracks down Bitner, makes good on the 20+ year old promise and as a side benefit, he gets his childhood dream fulfilled too. Sounds like a happy ending to me.
    As someone who did not originally submit a picture for this contest; but thinking about the stated [thousands] of other kids who did ...and are grown ppl now; it just had me concerned the more that I thought about this.

As this seemed like a foot in the door kind of situation that someone that was overly bitter or just looking for free money somewhere... for whatever reason or other... could use to exploit an financially attack the makers of the line for there own benefit.

As we already have...seemingly endless QC issues that worry me causing an early end to the line.
    I just don't want to see a issue that could occur that would hurt the line or possibly cancel it early because of a "possible" shaky legal ground release of The Mighty Spector.

Not to nitpick, but it was actually forum member Captain Atkin that found Bitner, not Scott. Atkin then contacted Scott to get the ball rolling.

Just giving credit where credit is due.

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Not to nitpick, but it was actually forum member Captain Atkin that found Bitner, not Scott. Atkin then contacted Scott to get the ball rolling.

Sallah
    Fair enough, figure of speech (I refer to calling my friends on the phone "tracking them down" sometimes), but you're right.

I just don't want to see a issue that could occur that would hurt the line or possibly cancel it early because of a "possible" shaky legal ground release of The Mighty Spector.
    That is the last thing I'd worry about
    Last edited by NorthCoast; February 22, 2012 at 02:08pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post

Sallah
    Very true words my friend, TG did have to at least act on the info he was given, but he did not do the tracking down
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I do think that Scott deserves to have a spot in the line due to his diligent efforts at Mattel, who knows maybe this figure will just 'feel right' in person. I thought it was apparent in Pixel Dan's video from NYCC that Scott was basically like..."come on just say its cool, pleez! Thats understandable, he would love for us fans to love this character.

It might be that I'm suffering from some stage of Stockholm syndrome, but I'm starting to like Spector. In the pics from NYTF he actually looked kinda nice, and I do like him a lot more than Draego-Man and SirLazerLot. It might be that I end up getting one after all.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior

Once again, TOYGURU NEVER TRACKED HIM DOWN Atkin did here on the forums. It's not a figure of speech either so just chalk it up as a mistake and we'll all move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    It might be that I'm suffering from some stage of Stockholm syndrome, but I'm starting to like Spector. In the pics from NYTF he actually looked kinda nice, and I do like him a lot more than Draego-Man and SirLazerLot. It might be that I end up getting one after all.

HEIDI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! < (runs dramatically to save the rapidly descending into madness Heidi).
    Last edited by vertigoink; February 23, 2012 at 10:11am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I like Spector. I like that he looks like a super-hero. There's a cowboy in this line for god's sake. A cowboy. And a Ninja. And a guy whose head is an elephant. And a guy who is part race car. Our line is a melting pot of genres and I think the super-hero motif is something that hadn't been done and now has been done with Spector. He looks pretty cool in my opinion. The controversy over him is disproportionate to the actual situation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    I like Spector. I like that he looks like a super-hero. There's a cowboy in this line for god's sake. A cowboy. And a Ninja. And a guy whose head is an elephant. And a guy who is part race car. Our line is a melting pot of genres and I think the super-hero motif is something that hadn't been done and now has been done with Spector. He looks pretty cool in my opinion. The controversy over him is disproportionate to the actual situation.
    For the most part, I think people are not really evaluating the figure design objectively. They are projecting their frustrations about various issues regarding the line, quality control, digital river, etc. onto Scott, who is the visible punching bag. My personal opinion is that Spector would be far more accepted if everything else was going well.

And you're right, Spector is no more out of place than any of the aforementioned characters. They just get a pass because they were released when we were kids.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

It is a unique figure in He-Man and the superhero look reflects the zeitgeist.
    Last edited by Moominsthenmotu; May 3, 2012 at 11:07am.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    For the most part, I think people are not really evaluating the figure design objectively. They are projecting their frustrations about various issues regarding the line, quality control, digital river, etc. onto Scott, who is the visible punching bag. My personal opinion is that Spector would be far more accepted if everything else was going well.

And you're right, Spector is no more out of place than any of the aforementioned characters. They just get a pass because they were released when we were kids.
    I respectfully disagree, I think he is out of place not for the reason that he "looks like a superhero" but for the simple reason that the design is boring and unimaginative. It is a repaint of a spawn/deadpool/deathstroke design concept. It is just lazy. Ninjor and Rio-Blast took a lot of design work and imagination to make them work as toys. If you had released Rio-Blast without any of his accessories or action features he would have been blah too. They took time in crafting features and pieces that made him cool and made him work.

This is a boring and confusing figure that I don’t like.

There isn’t anything anyone can do about it. Love or hate-- We have him, and his special cousin sir-laser-lot—so I am done grousing, I just don’t think that its fair to dismiss actual criticism about poor design as not liking the superhero concept.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Moominsthenmotu View Post
    The Mighty Spector isn't a bad concept - but he is a bad MOTU concept and from a purported fan, this doesn't fit. Look at every other MOTU character. their name is dictated by an action feature or theme of the design. There are no exceptions to this except the female characters.
    Other exceptions to this "rule" include: Man-at-Arms (what about his design demands that he is the master of weapons? He looks like he could also be the master of plumbing ), Zodac (what does that name even mean or refer to), Orko (that tells me he is a magical court jester how?), Gwildor (again, what does that name say about his action feature or function), Saurod (see Gwildor).

From POP: Glimmer (her design is not drastically different from many other POP gals, what about her screams "the guide who lights the way")

From NA: Nocturna (does he only come out at night? what does that name have to do with his action feature?

From 200x: Chief Carnivus (what about that name says he has to be a cat? Could be another carnivorus animal). And there are many other characters that do not have figures yet that may get them: Lord Dactys, Dekker, and more all have names that do not necessarily tell you what they will look like sight unseen.

So, actually, there is a lot of precedent for naming a character with a name that does not immediately suggest a design or action feature.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Other exceptions to this "rule" include: Man-at-Arms (what about his design demands that he is the master of weapons? He looks like he could also be the master of plumbing ), Zodac (what does that name even mean or refer to), Orko (that tells me he is a magical court jester how?), Gwildor (again, what does that name say about his action feature or function), Saurod (see Gwildor).

From POP: Glimmer (her design is not drastically different from many other POP gals, what about her screams "the guide who lights the way")

From NA: Nocturna (does he only come out at night? what does that name have to do with his action feature?

From 200x: Chief Carnivus (what about that name says he has to be a cat? Could be another carnivorus animal). And there are many other characters that do not have figures yet that may get them: Lord Dactys, Dekker, and more all have names that do not necessarily tell you what they will look like sight unseen.

So, actually, there is a lot of precedent for naming a character with a name that does not immediately suggest a design or action feature.
    i think you are stretching with carnivus. with the rest you make good points.

anyway, i don't think spector fits because when i put him next to other motu figs, he just doesn't look like he goes with them. more than that tho, he is just a boring figure. the only interesting things about him are his accessories.