View Poll Results: Which one of these would have been the best release of the four options?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spector

60 42.55%
  • Under-War

9 6.38%
  • Plunjor

24 17.02%
  • Astro-Naughty

48 34.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't get to vote on Spector? Vote here

Didn't get to vote on Spector? Vote here

**Please post you comments about your choice =)

Now is your chance to actually vote on something regarding the release of spector. If you haven't seen this figure, he's one of the choices below.
    The other 3 are just other options; you know, something other than Spector.

So, of the 4 charatcers below, which would you prefer to make it into the MOTUC line:

Last edited by Pyre; September 25, 2011 at 05:28pm.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I don't see Under-War's pic.

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    I don't see Under-War's pic.
    try refreshing the page. They are kinda large files. =)

Spector is cool.

I LOVE the art though! They are really nifty, if a bit yucky, some.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Astro-Naughty

Very cool design, lots of detailing could make for a very dynamic sculpt and paint job.
    i'd choose them all before Spector for those reasons though.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

For the record, I chose Plunjor.

even though he's a bite off of Spiderman and captain america, I thought he came out kind cool. Stupid looking, but cool nevertheless.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd still pick Spector due to his lack of tooling. If given the choice between someone like Mantenna or Two-bad being the 2012 figure with a fully new sculpt, or one of the fan choices getting it... yeah. Re-use all the way.
    Last edited by Death Weed; September 25, 2011 at 06:28pm. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Death Weed View Post
    I'd still pick Spector due to his lack of tooling. If given the choice between someone like Mantenna or Two-bad being the 2012 figure with a fully new sculpt, or one of the fan choices getting it... yeah. Re-use all the way.
    You do realize that The 30th Anniversary figures didn't take away from the funding from the MOTUC line. It was added to it to create the anniversary line. So if Matenna or Two Bad were to be made. it wouldn't affect their out come.

Spector did how ever take away what was to be created by someone on the Mattel Arts Dept. So unless Toyguru became an artist in that department. He did take away from a lucky artist there to make his figure. Personally, I feel that it even takes away the whole idea of Fearless Photog being made away. After all if this Spector was supposedly his entry into the contest all those ages ago. And he LOST! Having it made now? is a slap in the face to Bitner. Besides, I thought Mattel employees were not allowed to enter?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Those designs are all fun, but can we redo this poll with serious characters that are free of toilet humor? You know, just like Spector.

The three chosen, while incredibly well done, seem best reserved for The Tick.

Anyway, for MOTUC, my vote of these 4 is, unfortunately, Spector.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    You do realize that The 30th Anniversary figures didn't take away from the funding from the MOTUC line. It was added to it to create the anniversary line. So if Matenna or Two Bad were to be made. it wouldn't affect their out come.
    ...Yet Draego still came out over budget due to the tooling he would've required and has to be scaled down. Even ignoring the non-30th anniversary figures, for any of Pyre's designs to be made, the remaining 30th figures would have zero new tooling because they used up the entire budget. At least Spector follows the rules with using the Optikk/Man-E-Faces parts.

Also, that's not the art department figure. That's the marketing figure. Both were listed in the rules, and in the Geoff Johns thread you can see that most people already figured that the marketing figure would be Scott's.

I chose:

Under-War (with stick accessory!)

But I fear the stick will push it over budget.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

I voted Spector. The others are cool but seem more like Tick villains.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I want to go on record as saying I really like Spector!! I am happy to add him to my MOTUC's collection. I would say my only comment on what I kind of would like better on this figure would be a different color. I'm not terribly fond of the purple on him. Otherwise, I think he looks really cool. I like the look of the oddly shaped red eyes! They are kind of creepy and almost made me think of Rorshark (spelling - ?) from the Watchmen.

Also, I met Scott this weekend at Power Con and he is a top notch guy!!! For all of the work he is putting into this line and for all of the negative garbage he has to take, I truly feel bad for the guy. I personally believe that he is the best man for the job when it comes to managing this brand. He has a true passion for MOTU and it really shows through when you talk to him in person! Of course, having the best action figure sculpting team on the planet helps this line too

Is this thread a joke?

Plunjor is cool! Although all these are parody characters (I hope!), they are a lot more interesting designs than Spector!

This thread is stupid and a waste of time

I would like to have seen an option for "Anyone other than Spector."

Not impressed with that one at all ... but, I guess it pays to work for Mattel.

Spector gets my vote mostly on the fact that he has that cool Cosmic Key-esque bracer. I think with a few tweaks he'd be better. Red over yellow on the vest/belt/holster and black diamonds over the eyes would look better IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the drawings but Plunjor is a little too similiar to Leech with those suction cups.

But overall they are great. I wish I had artistic talent like that.

Spector. I like him more and more, especially the anti-symetrical design of him.

As for the backlash to Toyguru, I was actually not so cool with there being 2 "Mattel" designs. Didnt feel it fit with the 1) 4H, 1) Bitner, 1) Geoff, 1) Fanboy. Then 2) Mattel? But since it's 1) Toyguru, 1) someone else at Mattel, that feels fine. I see toyguru as a "Celebrity". He's the ultimate Masters Fan. I"m glad to see him get an actual character in the line. The 4h gave him a nod to a head, but it wasnt "his" character.

To me this helps make it more rounded. I am curious who's going to get the last spot, the Mattel Spot 2.

Well well,

what results we have here so far.

So Mattel, i suppose it's good to see that 42% of the 85 consumers who have voted so far would prefer Spector. That's good news I suppose, if you discount the comments that some voters chose Spector as their vote because the other choices were more of a parody than an actual character to incorporate in this line.

Still, almost the same percentage would prefer an enhanced Buzz lightyear knockoff.

over 20% combined would prefer a parody over Spector; a Teddy-bear eared batman knockoff wielding a stick and confused about what side of his pants to wear his undies, or a drooling superhero who's superpower is unclogging the toilets of eternia.

I dont really know what to make of these results, but seeing that Parody characters were waged against an idea that will actually be up for sale, I'd be concerned about what ideas are concieved into action figure form when it is clear that even silly concepts might be just as well appreciated.

This thread was created to prove a point; that even absurd characters would be formidable concepts to the ones released in a similar fashion to Spector.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Any chance we could see Astro-Naughty in full color?

I think almost everything about Spector is bland, but his paint job is very striking, which might be winning him some extra votes over black&white sketches.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

It was a tough choice between Plun-Jor and Astro-Naughty, in the end, naughty won.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Reclusive Wizard logandelanoche's Avatar
    Dang, I changed my mind. I want to vote for Astro-Naughty instead. He looks awesome!
    LSD <-----This is my cool signature

Should I do a seriois character VS Spector poll?

wow, it is surprising me how much people like Astro-Naughty.
    I suppose because of the 3, he is the most serious character. Also, I have heard the comments about the "parody" factor getting in the way of the votes against Spector.

Should I do a poll with serious characters VS Spector? I have 3 new ones ready to go...

Post your support here.