Thread: Illumina: Join the Facebook Campaign!

Hybrid View

Illumina: Join the Facebook Campaign!

Okay, so apparently PowerCon goers were told that Mattel needs 5,000 people to want this figure before they can make her.

I've created a Facebook page just for Illumina. Let's rally together to see how many people we can get to "be friends with Illumina."

You can search her under the name Illumina Mattel or click here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/

Let's show Mattel how much we want this character!

If Scott can have Spector with a fan following of ONE, then we should be able to have Illumina!
    Last edited by bamf1980; September 26, 2011 at 12:23am.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I added Illumina as my friend.

(I have this in the Illumina Support Thread, but I thought it would do good here as well):

This is from BRUTICUS on Matty's forums:

Fans should organize a "Illumina Day", where every MOTU fan site showcases the character with as much information they have about her. Have fan customs, art, and fic of her as well.
    It would take alot of work to get that to happen, but I bet if it did, that would bring the awareness to her character and increase her likelihood of getting made.

Members on her could make her their profile pic to support her as well.
    Maybe somebody could even make a banner for sigs (100 pixels high x 400 pixels wide) for the cause.
    I 100% support this idea. Do you think December 15th would be enough time for people to make art, customs, etc.? I think it should DEFINITELY be the day of a Matty sale. People are online to make orders, say they ordered, check the .org, Matty, etc. to see if the site had problems or whatever.

What do you guy's think?

I say we title it "Illuminate The Dark!" because we're spreading the word or "spotlighting" who she is.

We all just need to agree on a time frame (2,3,5 months away). Whatever is a good enough amount of time for people to get fan creations done for the day to happen.

I will for sure make promotional posters to post on different sites and Facebook.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I never use my Facebook account, but I got on (had to reset my password because I didn't know it!) and sent a Friendship request! I want Illumina! My wife wants her too (or will at least Friend her)!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Added! I find this whole ordeal ridiculous considering we've gotten characters like Gygor that most fans didn't even know about. Who is going to count the 5,000 people that Toyguru said are needed? What is the criteria for finding them?

It just seems to me that Scott/Mattel doesn't want the character to be made because of who created her. Yet, a bland (IMO) design like Spector is being made for the 30th anniv. line. Makes perfect sense.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I've posted the link to the MOTUC fan page on Facebook. Hopefully that should encourage people.

http://www.facebook.com/motuc
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Done! I've friended to show my support!

added her as my friend.

I definitely support the idea of an "Illumina Day!"

I wasn't the biggest fan of the 200x cartoon or toy line, because I missed the vintage line so freakin' much, but I LOVED the 200x comics.

I find it infuriating that Mattel (or maybe it's just Scott) would withhold such an amazingly designed character from fans while at the same time subjecting us to Lt. Spectre and now Spector. It's great that he gets to fulfill his fantasies, but they (he>) should be more open to our desires as well. This is a line for all of us, after all. They can keep saying "Hey, we gave you Gygor and Vikor, didn't we?" but really, who was asking for them MORE than Eldor, Illumina, etc.???

I used the original artwork form the MOTU 200x comic as the profile picture because as far as I know it's the only official image available. If the creative talents behind that image (and I think most of them are on this board) take issue with that, please let me know and I can remove it immediately.

If any of you have Illumina artwork or images of custom figures that you would like to contribute, please let me know and we can work on having those posted.

Also, if you are an all-in sub holder, I encourage you to vote for this. I mean, you've committed to buying everything anyway, right?

.orgers, unite!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Friend request sent.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I find it infuriating that Mattel (or maybe it's just Scott) would withhold such an amazingly designed character from fans while at the same time subjecting us to Lt. Spectre and now Spector.
    I am joining this cause, but I want to mention here and now that I don't feel that I'm being "subjected to" anything negative. I gladly bought Lt Spectre (and would love to have the opportunity to buy more Palace Guards again) and I will be getting Spector... not just to support the line and not just to to support the 30th Anniversary Newbies.... but because he is an interesting and exciting new character.

I mean, c'mon! Look past the silly spade on his chest and he is a Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow/Beach Head looking guy with cool accessories and an interesting premise. People say he doesn't fit into MOTU? He matches up as well as the Galactic Protectors!

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so whatever. It's just the same negative blah blah blah around here that comes with each and every thing we see that's new.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Added...

She has a great design, I like her, I´ll buy her instantly...

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'll call all my JOSH fans and bump that up for ya.
    I'm already there!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I absolutely want her, just as much as I want Ram Man, Frosta, Flogg, Dragstor, etc. I want any and all MOTUC they make. I befriended Illumina on Facebook.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

I am gonna laugh my baseballs off when they make her a sub exclusive bonus figure
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    I am gonna laugh my baseballs off when they make her a sub exclusive bonus figure
    I wouldn't mind that actually. Making her an exclusive might actually increase her chances of being made, as Mattel allocates a separate budget for their convention items.

Maybe they could do a 2-pack pairing her with Snow Cat.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would love to get Illumina in the MOTUC's line!!! She has such a cool design and even though Mattel can claim she is obscure, I know that she would be a big hit with the vast majority of MOTUC's collectors based on this cool design. MOTUC's needs a female Gar character!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm not on Face Book either, or I'd "Like" the page too. Is there another way to gather names, or did Scott say this was one of the few methods they would acknowledge as proof of demand? FB is not for everyone.
    agreed. I refuse to join FB. Even for such a good cause. It is not for me but I will gladly show my support here on the org!!! You can count me down for 3 Illumina's as I buy 3 of every MOTUC's item
    Last edited by yodafreakmaster; September 26, 2011 at 11:42pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Someone should create an Illumina support thread on the .org SOLELY for .orgers that do not use Facebook. The same thread should be on Matty, TheFwoosh, ActionFigureInsider, PoeGhostal, PoPCultureNetwork, etc.

That would help things.

So finally did it, joined Illumina on Facebook.

I have an account but i rarely use it but i went online today. Just for her!!!!

thanks! we are now at 327!!!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041