Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina: Join the Facebook Campaign!

Illumina: Join the Facebook Campaign!

Okay, so apparently PowerCon goers were told that Mattel needs 5,000 people to want this figure before they can make her.

I've created a Facebook page just for Illumina. Let's rally together to see how many people we can get to "be friends with Illumina."

You can search her under the name Illumina Mattel or click here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/

Let's show Mattel how much we want this character!

If Scott can have Spector with a fan following of ONE, then we should be able to have Illumina!
    Last edited by bamf1980; September 26, 2011 at 12:23am.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I added Illumina as my friend.

(I have this in the Illumina Support Thread, but I thought it would do good here as well):

This is from BRUTICUS on Matty's forums:

Fans should organize a "Illumina Day", where every MOTU fan site showcases the character with as much information they have about her. Have fan customs, art, and fic of her as well.
    It would take alot of work to get that to happen, but I bet if it did, that would bring the awareness to her character and increase her likelihood of getting made.

Members on her could make her their profile pic to support her as well.
    Maybe somebody could even make a banner for sigs (100 pixels high x 400 pixels wide) for the cause.
    I 100% support this idea. Do you think December 15th would be enough time for people to make art, customs, etc.? I think it should DEFINITELY be the day of a Matty sale. People are online to make orders, say they ordered, check the .org, Matty, etc. to see if the site had problems or whatever.

What do you guy's think?

I say we title it "Illuminate The Dark!" because we're spreading the word or "spotlighting" who she is.

We all just need to agree on a time frame (2,3,5 months away). Whatever is a good enough amount of time for people to get fan creations done for the day to happen.

I will for sure make promotional posters to post on different sites and Facebook.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I never use my Facebook account, but I got on (had to reset my password because I didn't know it!) and sent a Friendship request! I want Illumina! My wife wants her too (or will at least Friend her)!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Added! I find this whole ordeal ridiculous considering we've gotten characters like Gygor that most fans didn't even know about. Who is going to count the 5,000 people that Toyguru said are needed? What is the criteria for finding them?

It just seems to me that Scott/Mattel doesn't want the character to be made because of who created her. Yet, a bland (IMO) design like Spector is being made for the 30th anniv. line. Makes perfect sense.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Done! I've friended to show my support!

added her as my friend.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I've posted the link to the MOTUC fan page on Facebook. Hopefully that should encourage people.

http://www.facebook.com/motuc
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I definitely support the idea of an "Illumina Day!"

I wasn't the biggest fan of the 200x cartoon or toy line, because I missed the vintage line so freakin' much, but I LOVED the 200x comics.

I find it infuriating that Mattel (or maybe it's just Scott) would withhold such an amazingly designed character from fans while at the same time subjecting us to Lt. Spectre and now Spector. It's great that he gets to fulfill his fantasies, but they (he>) should be more open to our desires as well. This is a line for all of us, after all. They can keep saying "Hey, we gave you Gygor and Vikor, didn't we?" but really, who was asking for them MORE than Eldor, Illumina, etc.???

I used the original artwork form the MOTU 200x comic as the profile picture because as far as I know it's the only official image available. If the creative talents behind that image (and I think most of them are on this board) take issue with that, please let me know and I can remove it immediately.

If any of you have Illumina artwork or images of custom figures that you would like to contribute, please let me know and we can work on having those posted.

Also, if you are an all-in sub holder, I encourage you to vote for this. I mean, you've committed to buying everything anyway, right?

.orgers, unite!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Friend request sent.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

done and got accepted!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I like her look a lot, and hope we get a figure, but I'm not on facebook so I won't be joining the cause.

I've just send in a request
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Added!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    FYI, there will be a group page started by bamf1980, asap. There was a discussion about how many more people we can get to sign up on one of those pages, rather than friending someone. Stay tuned...
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I find it infuriating that Mattel (or maybe it's just Scott) would withhold such an amazingly designed character from fans while at the same time subjecting us to Lt. Spectre and now Spector.
    I am joining this cause, but I want to mention here and now that I don't feel that I'm being "subjected to" anything negative. I gladly bought Lt Spectre (and would love to have the opportunity to buy more Palace Guards again) and I will be getting Spector... not just to support the line and not just to to support the 30th Anniversary Newbies.... but because he is an interesting and exciting new character.

I mean, c'mon! Look past the silly spade on his chest and he is a Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow/Beach Head looking guy with cool accessories and an interesting premise. People say he doesn't fit into MOTU? He matches up as well as the Galactic Protectors!

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so whatever. It's just the same negative blah blah blah around here that comes with each and every thing we see that's new.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Friend request sent!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Done, and fan art posted!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

sent mine in! first time i been on facebook all year lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    FYI, there will be a group page started by bamf1980, asap. There was a discussion about how many more people we can get to sign up on one of those pages, rather than friending someone. Stay tuned...
    That's right. Creating the Facebook page was a gut reaction based on something I read in Shadow Weaver's Realm, but perhaps a Group would be better? I definitely understand privacy concerns with the constant Facebook changes. I'll get to the group, as well as beautifying the FB page as soon as possible. In the meantime, feel free (and safe) utilizing the current page.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I am joining this cause, but I want to mention here and now that I don't feel that I'm being "subjected to" anything negative. I gladly bought Lt Spectre (and would love to have the opportunity to buy more Palace Guards again) and I will be getting Spector... not just to support the line and not just to to support the 30th Anniversary Newbies.... but because he is an interesting and exciting new character.

I mean, c'mon! Look past the silly spade on his chest and he is a Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow/Beach Head looking guy with cool accessories and an interesting premise. People say he doesn't fit into MOTU? He matches up as well as the Galactic Protectors!

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so whatever. It's just the same negative blah blah blah around here that comes with each and every thing we see that's new.
    "Subjected to" may have been harsh, I admit. Scott is the brand manager and as such is entitled to do what he feels is best for the line. And if we don't want it, we don't have to buy it. Personally, I'm all in, so I lose my right to complain.

But honestly, yes, I do think that between this, the palace guards, and the new additions to the Green Lantern Corp, that Scott has perhaps allowed himself to much...presence in the properties he manages.

And meanwhile, fan demand characters are left on the curb like a red headed stepchild that was forgotten after school let out for the day.
    Aaron

come on FB fans show him he's WRONG!

me
    now that we have the Mighty Spector who had the fan support of 1 can you stop saying Illumina needs more fan support?
    she's got 10X more then Mighty Spector...i like his look but he's NO Illumina

from TG
    I addressed this today at the hour long Q & A at Power Con, but let me see if I can review.

Illumina is not a highly demanded figure.

She is a figure that the same 50 fan forum members request over and over. We know because we did an analysis of fan forums and reviewed how many unique posters their are.

Further, in a recent poll, only 171 people voted for her to be made. 171. Honestly, that is tiny. Especially in light of the thousands of subs we have sold.

The internet gives every fan a voice and the medium by definition tend to sku "demand" because it allows a very small minority to be louder then they really are. The same 50 people posting over and over again does not translate to a character being highly demanded by the larger toy buying customer base. Yes, the 50- fans on He-Man.org really want this figure, and they are very passionate, but that simply does not translate to a figure being highly demanded outside of this very small group.

The Mighty Spector is an all new character introduced into the 30th line. Of course no one was demanding him. No one knew about him before Power Con. He fills a slot in the 30th line as an all new figure. Illumina as an existing figure does not qualify as an all new figure for this sub line within MOTUC.

We certainly can get to her one day, but do fans really want her to bump another figure like Ram Man, Frosta, Flogg, or even Dragstor? I asked this at Power Con and the audience clearly felt Ram Man, Frosta, etc... should come first.

Comparing Illumina and any of the 6 30th figures is not really a fair comparison as they do not take up the same slots. She would be a standard monthly figure, Spector never would be. He only works for the 30th line.

I imagine we will get to her one day, but we are really focusing on actual fan demanded characters first like the vintage line, POP, 200X characters, NA and so forth. Outside of the same 50 people posting over and over again, the "demand" really is minimal.

This isn't meant to be negative, just looking at the facts!

We know a small minority really want her. And she is cool. We just have a lot more figures we (and the majority of fans) seem to want first. Maybe down the road. No one is saying she is off the table, she just is not a priority to rush to plastic. ;-)

TG

I unfortunately have to agree with Scott on this one. I definitely want you guys to get your figure but in the end it has to make financial sense to Mattel. I was in the Q&A and I thought he was pretty fair in his response. He threw down the gauntlet (5,000 individual/unique requests) and now it is up to the fans to come through!
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

So it is 50 or 171? How odd that he contradicts himself so quickly.

hm. Must be 171. We're already up to 69 friends on the Facebook page.

Or, perhaps, Scott assumes that lurkers don't want her.

Hmmm.
    Aaron

I'll friend Illumina, she'd make a great figure
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    I unfortunately have to agree with Scott on this one. I definitely want you guys to get your figure but in the end it has to make financial sense to Mattel. I was in the Q&A and I thought he was pretty fair in his response. He threw down the gauntlet (5,000 individual/unique requests) and now it is up to the fans to come through!
    but its not fair to ask that of her and not Gy-gor/Vicor/Demo-man/BG Teela/BG Evil-Lyn*shivers ew*

they will be lucky if they pawn off 5,000 spectors this coming from a guy that likes him!
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; September 25, 2011 at 08:41pm.

In response to Toyguru's statement, how can Illumina be an existing figure? She's never had a figure made! Secondly, didn't Toyguru once refer to her as a fan created character? So both of those arguments are negated. I still think the problem comes down to which "fans" created Illumina.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"