Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Walkthrough Video from PowerCon!

Nice uploads, thanks Dan.
    BTW, I was wondering about the Griffin's wings' color, is it going to be that off-white/grey/beige color or is it going to match the griffin body color?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Thank you PD! Great videos as usual!! I agree with Count Marzo…The Mighty Spector has gained some points with me. And, it was fun to see Toyguru get so excited about it! You can tell he really loves what he's doing…and won't steer this ship in the wrong direction.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Dan,

Do you have the q and a on video?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    I think he does, i seen him shooting in the back corner for one of the panels

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Dan,

Do you have the q and a on video?
    I unfortunately missed the Q&A Panel. I'm sorry! I had other obligations at the time. There was so much going on at the same time, and I had so many places to be at once it felt!

I think some other folks might have recorded it though.

I do have Mattel's "Reveal" panel which will be online soon.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Any pictures of Thunderpunch He-Man? What does his back armour look like?

Heroic Warrior
    Perfect presentation, Pixel Dan ! What a coverage ! And I really appreciated the intro to your videos (Castle Grayskull and the Sword of Omen... very well done !).

The piece I enjoyed the most was the part where Scott shows the test shots !

We can have a small idea of how Shadow Weaver and the Sorceress will be articulated, and I think that's really super ! (Of course, we'll have to check the quality on the final product, but it's awesome, so far !). For a robed figure, Shadow Weaver seems to be nicely articulated... and that's a VERY good point in my book !

Stinkor's accessories are really wonderful ! The 4 Horsemen turned what used to be a simple repaint into something special. I love it !

I'm sad to learn Slushhead will have bendy tentacles, though... this might prevent me from buying him. Oh, well, I'll wait for the preview before taking a decision.

It was also nice to get more info about the Snake Mountain stands.

About Spector... I just realized he's not a bad figure. It's just that he's a bad figure COMPARED TO THE OTHER MOTUC FIGS. His look doesn't really fit in MOTUC, in my opinion. But put him next to some Marvel Legends or DCUC figures, and he'll feel more "natural". I just wish he had a bit more unique parts. I don't think I'll buy him, though, but that's just me. Anyway, I'm happy Scott got the figure he dreamed about for so long.

I'm also happy Mike Bock will get his favorite figure (Slushhead).

You and me will have to wait a little longer for our some of our fav' characters in MOTUC, Pixel Dan, but I just hope those cool characters will be released soon.

P.S. : the push about the subs is the only thing that had me rolling my eyes, but that's part of Toyguru's job, so that's OK (I just wish there wouldn't have been so many antics about the subscriptions since SDCC).

P.P.S. : kudos to Scott ! He succeeded to present everything without dropping a thing !
    Last edited by Prahvus; September 26, 2011 at 08:14pm.

Thanks for the video Dan. It is greatly appreciated! Love the walkthroughs with TG every time you do them.

this didn't make me like the spector figure any better, but now i really like the accessories. the whole ammo deal and design is a really neat.

Heroic Warrior
    Any pictures of Thunderpunch He-Man? What does his back armour look like?
    It's true ! We need to see a pic of TP He-Man's back !

It's funny that no one thought about taking a pic of his finished backpack/armor...

great video Dan as always and you know what after hearing TG talk about the character I am actually starting to warm up to The Mighty Spector a little, not enough to want him but he isn't as terrible as I thought he was.

Oh and Mike Bock may have got his Mosquitor in the form of Slush Head but I also got mine.

For many many months in the chat room I have been saying how much I wanted a certain figure and that even if the whole line died after this figure was made and it was the last one I ever got I would still be really really happy.

Oh and the figure is the ever awesome STINKOR who holds a really special place in my heart as he was the VERY first MOTU figure I ever owned which is why I want him so badly.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Cool, thanks for the videos!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Dan, did TG take you thrugh the Swiftwind,Sisters cabinet as well?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus
    I'm sad to learn Slushhead will have bendy tentacles, though... this might prevent me from buying him. Oh, well, I'll wait for the preview before taking a decision.
    Explain to me why bendy tentacles is a bad thing??
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Explain to me why bendy tentacles is a bad thing??
    See the King Hsss thread. Prahvus didn't like the idea of bendy snakes due to the rubber disintegrating over time.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Dan,

Did you receive your samples of BG Evil Lyn, Snout Spout, Flipshot, and BP She-Ra?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Dan,

Did you receive your samples of BG Evil Lyn, Snout Spout, Flipshot, and BP She-Ra?
    Yes I did, right before I left for L.A. I even let several folks play with them at PowerCon!

I'll be working on those reviews this week. I have a LOT of PowerCon video to finish up too, so I'll definitely be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Dan, did TG take you thrugh the Swiftwind,Sisters cabinet as well?
    Nope, sorry! We only went through the new reveals.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; September 26, 2011 at 10:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Thank you PD! Great videos as usual!! I agree with Count Marzo…The Mighty Spector has gained some points with me. And, it was fun to see Toyguru get so excited about it! You can tell he really loves what he's doing…and won't steer this ship in the wrong direction.
    I fully agree. The big thing I take away from this video is how enthusiastic Scott is about this line. We are fortunate to have a true fan running this baby.

I hope this last subscription window generates strong sales, both for the line and for him. Both deserve the support.

So Swifty was there though, right?

Did his collar look any more removable than it did the last time we saw it?

Great information here: thanks Dan (and thank you Toyguru, of course, for participating). Loving the ammo idea for Spector's stuff! Really gives his powers some limitations; certainly wana keep tabs on the plasma cartidges while going through time! Also like the dual use for the Comic Key Compact Edition: now with offensive capabilities!
    Last edited by Alexx; September 27, 2011 at 11:18am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The vintage He-Man prototype totally rocks!

Thanks for the videos.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchor View Post
    I fully agree. The big thing I take away from this video is how enthusiastic Scott is about this line. We are fortunate to have a true fan running this baby.

I hope this last subscription window generates strong sales, both for the line and for him. Both deserve the support.
    I agree with this so much it hurts! Scott seems like a great guy, and it's amazing he isn't bitter toward the fandom considering how many punches he takes. His job, despite all the amazing perks, can't be easy. I'd love to buy the guy a beer someday.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Great walk through!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Nope, sorry! We only went through the new reveals.
    Damn! I was hoping TG would pull Tallstar out at least and show how her extensions work.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Good work on video, Dan! Just watched it in my TV with friend.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Thank You Very Much Dan ! You've been doing a GREAT job for the MOTU Community !!

Great Videos ! Looking forward for your reviews !!

Long Live Man !!!