Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ToyGuru Walkthrough Video from PowerCon!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yay! Glad he's coming with both weapons. I THINK I'll pose him with the whip, especially if it can be bendy! I like the thought that went into it - like the little details of what his action figure would have been. Just going to throw this out there... it might really cool if all the green bits (the knife, the whip, the ammo, etc.) glowed in the dark.

The thing I loved most about this weekend was getting to experience the passion of the fans. But I don't think that passion for something is inherently good. To me, passion should always be tempered with reason otherwise it's easy to let it lead you down some regretful paths if you're not careful. I'm not sure some of the conclusions being jumped to here were entirely reasonable. Understandable? Yes, I think so. Reasonable? Personally, I don't think so.

At this point, I must refer to one of my favorite Doctor Who quotes:
    " I love humans. They always see patterns in things that aren't there."

It's a 100% newly tooled piece (and would have been anyway) that really is more like an articulation point than an action feature. It doesn't involve any internal mechanisms or springs or complex engineering. It's basically just a tube sliding through a slot (and AWESOME.)

Tallstar is getting the exact same treatment that Extendar probably will. And about Jewelstar - do people really want her to fold up? In the proposed toy, she did not in any way look like a jewel to me. She looked exactly like a figure half-way to a fetal position.

If it is possible to make them glowing in the dark, please make it green glowing and not white as on BGELs power ball.

GITD is very cool, but when in normal daylight a green colour would be very cool, like it is shown on the drawing. If only white is possible I'd rather have it green and not glowing than white and glowing!

If not glowing a bit translucent would be nice.

Anyway, I love the Mighty Spector already!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    If anyone ever wants a thread showing people jumping to conclusions, point them here!

Let me see if I can hit everything. I didn't read EVERY post:

Terry left Fisto and Zoar on his desk in the rush to the con. He went back to work early Sunday to get them.

I love the Star Sisters! Can't wait for em. Unproduced prototypes, check. POP, check. New female sculpt with waist articulation, check. All this times 3? What is not to love. Seriously. No idea why everyone is concerned about the Star Sisters. They are awesome.

BUT: the figures on display were far from final. This was the first paint sample back from HK. The one we make a ton of comment on. Not to worry. Most figures look like this on first pass, it is why we spend so much time reviewing (if you were in our panel, we reviewed this step with a visual of the comments on Whiplash).

I'm not sure about the wings. The Horsemen did that deco. I'd say give them a yelp on their boards for the full 411 (I prob won't get a chance to talk to them until NYCC).

And as for Spector, yes he will have his knife and his laser whip as shown in Terry's B-sheet. Much like Thunder Punch HM did not have some parts at SDCC, Spector is right off the Horsemen's table hand carried to the show, some parts not yet complete. I saw him for the first time on Friday when CB handed him to me at Mattel saying "here you might want this".

I think one of the reasons he looks a little plain is he is missing these giant projected laser weapons. The whip I am hoping will be especially cool. Terry is looking into it being bendy to hold a pose so you can wrap it around captured bad guys and such. The knife is also thought of as what would have been the vintage action feature; a knife that went in and out of the wrist with a dial of sorts).

Okay, hope that clears up some mystery!

Great con everyone. Thanks for filming PD. Always great to give a video tour with you!

Dear TG, just would like to point out again, from what I have seen from the great videos of PD that you, the MOTU team and the FH put a lot of thought into the line and that I am really looking forward to all 2012 and also very much to The Mighty Spector. It's great to have new MOTU stuff coming besides the classic legendary characters.

Thank you for listening to us fans and take some of the "agressive" comments with a grain of salt. You really came off great in the walkthrough video again like at SDCC.

Please continue the great work and please try not to take some comments too personally. We are all very passionate about this line and of course with the many we are, everybody has her/his own opinion of what is the best for each character.

Good not all of us work on it, otherwise we would still discuss Deco-changes on He-Man and Beast Man from 2008 without having a new figure coming.

In general I am very pleased with the job you have done so far!

I hope something like He-Man's, Roboto's and King Hssss' shoulder thingy does not repeat itself in the future.
    Last edited by Xetheus; September 28, 2011 at 07:48am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@ PD: I love the interview with Cornboy. 4 out of 10 LOL!!
    Please make more Q&A with the 4Horsemen! Would be great.
    A new Motu line, again at last!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Awesome video, thanks to you both!!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Who's Mike?!?!?

what no shout out to your best bud Dave #2?

BOO!!!

great video Dan = nobody out there does better!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Warrior
    What about the Crown of Serpos accessory?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Tallstar is getting the exact same treatment that Extendar probably will. And about Jewelstar - do people really want her to fold up? In the proposed toy, she did not in any way look like a jewel to me. She looked exactly like a figure half-way to a fetal position.
    Tallstar already pretty much answered this exactly like I would, but here's what I would have done/wanted done:

- Tallstar waist extension piece
    - 2-3 inch, fully sculpted jewel (just as I want solid, fully sculpted "rocks" that represent the Rock People forms). This will allow us to 1) pretend that's them in their transformed forms or 2) add to scenery/mystical objects in our MOTUC world
    - Give Starla her "star explosion" backpack (and not the star hat. )
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Terrific video Dan and Scott, and guys, can we leave this thread on topic? There is a sisters thread elsewhere i'm sure.......
    MOTUC is my thing!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    Terrific video Dan and Scott, and guys, can we leave this thread on topic? There is a sisters thread elsewhere i'm sure.......
    It was closed. This is still on topic though. Discussion of the figures shown off and such.

The video is great though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I love these Dan and Scott walkthrough. I like Spector much more now that Scott explained about him. I love these green cartridge details.

I did not understand very well, did Scott talk about diamonds for spector's eyes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It was closed. This is still on topic though. Discussion of the figures shown off and such.

The video is great though.
    Ah, ok, I hadn't realized....
    MOTUC is my thing!

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    I did not understand very well, did Scott talk about diamonds for spector's eyes ?
    He said the red diamond like shaped eye areas on the mask were just a coincidence and not related to the the spade symbol on his chest or a playing card theme.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    But sort of appropriate if you think about the card theme and he has card diamond type shapes on his mask.

I do like the type of modified cosmic key on his gauntlet. Neat idea.

And it seems from some new art he is . . . Illumina's lover?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    And it seems from some new art he is . . . Illumina's lover?
    That's fanart by JonWes, poking fun at the whole Illumina vs Spector thing. If Toyguru ever decided to make that relationship official on his bio, I just might throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...cons/ILeek.gif That's fanart by JonWes, poking fun at the whole Illumina vs Spector thing. If Toyguru ever decided to make that relationship official on his bio, I just might throw up.
    If it happens for real... I'll probably need to change my identity and enter the witness protection program...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Tallstar already pretty much answered this exactly like I would, but here's what I would have done/wanted done:

- Tallstar waist extension piece
    - 2-3 inch, fully sculpted jewel (just as I want solid, fully sculpted "rocks" that represent the Rock People forms). This will allow us to 1) pretend that's them in their transformed forms or 2) add to scenery/mystical objects in our MOTUC world
    - Give Starla her "star explosion" backpack (and not the star hat. )
    Yeah, I wouldn't have balked at any of that, even if I don't feel like I need it. Especially if it'd make others happy! I don't care for Starla's backpack at all on the vintage figure but I'm sure the 4H could have made it cool.

Yeah, I wouldn't have balked at any of that, even if I don't feel like I need it. Especially if it'd make others happy! I don't care for Starla's backpack at all on the vintage figure but I'm sure the 4H could have made it cool.
    Try to imagine how cool it would've been if Starla's toy outfit was removable like Bubble Power She-Ra and the 4H used gold tones that faded out into a translucent yellow. (like the effect on Jewelstar's cape)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Try to imagine how cool it would've been if Starla's toy outfit was removable like Bubble Power She-Ra and the 4H used gold tones that faded out into a translucent yellow. (like the effect on Jewelstar's cape)

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ess/starla.jpg
    Yes, it would have been very cool. I love transparency on details.

Thanks for the answer 13977