Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Walkthrough Video from PowerCon!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    TG, the wings on the griffin need to be brown. Please.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Damn! I was hoping TG would pull Tallstar out at least and show how her extensions work.
    He's always rushing his commentary on all the Star Sisters to get to the next figure.

@PD. Thanks for the videos, they keep on getting better and better, really fun to watch. The intro is very cool. Great music on the second one. What is it?

@TG: I am always happy to see you in a live video. You were great at SDCC live with PD. I am really happy that you are so passionate about the line. It's great to have you as a brand manager, despite what others might think.

The Mighty Spector is very cool. I like him alot!

@FH: amazing sculpts and colouring as always. Really great. So looking forward to the Griffin!

Great video as always. It was interesting to see Shadow Weaver in motion, because when I saw her in the case she was posed in such a way I almost thought she had a ball joint at the waist but it seems to be two different joints there. Also, seeing the Sorceress wings moving around helps me visualize it better than when I was just staring at it in the case! LOL.

As for Spector, I'd already come to like him by the time I saw him in person, but having the little details explained is really cool. Love the plasma charges powering the weapons and the missing clip. One thing I'm confused about... I could have sworn that during the Q&A panel Scott said he's coming with the whip AND knife... but here he only talks about the knife. I hope it comes with both!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    He's always rushing his commentary on all the Star Sisters to get to the next figure.
    Sadly, they weren't in either of those two videos. I saw them far off in the background in the second video though!

At least a couple shots of them surfaced from Power-Con.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Sadly, they weren't in either of those two videos. I saw them far off in the background in the second video though!
    I know. He barely had anything to say about them at the panel. I was expecting something more after he spent like all of 30 seconds talking about them on the SDCC walkthrough.

To be fair, no one was really asking any questions about them. People were mostly focused on the new reveals. I have to say though in person they looked good to me. I was very pleased with the way Jewelstar turned out in particular.

Starla's expression was the only thing that was very odd - I don't know how to describe it... almost as though someone had just hit her in the face with a football and she was momentarily stunned. LOL. So it's a good thing it was just a first shot and there's time for improvement. The paint looked good to me on the rest of them, and I didn't really notice any elongation in their crotch areas.

One other thing that I wasn't so pleased with... Tallstar looked a bit odd to me with her extra pieces. For some reason they didn't all seem to sit quite as flush as I'd have hoped so they still looked a bit separate. I don't know if they just weren't pushed together very well or what.

Very nice Videos Dan.

I like so much the Eternia and Castle Grayskull Dio´s.
    Wasnt there a Snake Mountain Dio , too, Dan?

What do you think Dan, would Toyguru produce those GREAT dio´s?

Heroic Warrior
    One other thing that I wasn't so pleased with... Tallstar looked a bit odd to me with her extra pieces. For some reason they didn't all seem to sit quite as flush as I'd have hoped so they still looked a bit separate. I don't know if they just weren't pushed together very well or what.
    Yes. I wondered about this too... I find it weird that Toyguru didn't show us the Star Sisters, when there are some fans who adore them. Is there something wrong with them ? In fact, I think there might be : Starla's cross-eyed expression and weird glossy face, and Tallstar's attachments seem like they might have been botched.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Yes. I wondered about this too... I find it weird that Toyguru didn't show us the Star Sisters, when there are some fans who adore them. Is there something wrong with them ? In fact, I think there might be : Starla's cross-eyed expression and weird glossy face, and Tallstar's attachments seem like they might have been botched.
    yup! I really like TG but I get the feeling he just wants the Sisters gone!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Toyguru truly looks excited about this line, i'm happy to see he puts so much into it nice vid

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think everything looks so cool - I think I'm warming a bit on Mighty Spector.

My absolute favourite is Slush-Head - but the rest are so good - especially "Winter Wedding" Sorceress - I hope she's not going to be hard to get.

Great stuff, Pixel Dan. Thanks!

Thank you to Toyguru as well for taking the time to show us his wares. 2012 is shaping up be an incredibly exciting year.

Great job Dan, TG, & everyone else involved. Thanks!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I think Spector's ammunition is refined Plutonium stolen from Libyan terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I think Spector's ammunition is refined Plutonium stolen from Libyan terrorists
    "Great Scott!"

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Great videos as usual! Thanks for getting us the info and sharing it with us! Can't wait to see you next set of reviews once your schedule slows down!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Thanks for the great videos Dan!

I was really happily surprised to see that the new Stinkor head has a removable mouthpiece and fully sculpted face! I was already thinking that I might end up preferring the repainted Mer-Man head because of the fully sculpted mouth, but now I may end up liking his new head better after all. Just perfect!
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Concerning the Star Sisters: This may just be my fault they weren't shown. I specifically said to Scott "Let's just talk about the new reveals and the prototypes you brought." It honestly didn't even corss my mind to take another look at the stuff that was revealed at SDCC.

It absolutely was nto done on purpose, I promise! I personally am very happy to see the Star sisters are coming! And I'm sure TG wasn't purposely trying not to show them. Again,I specifically told him "just the new stuff."

Sorry guys! I didn't mean to pass over anything you wanted to see!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I hope so! I was expecting the are not painted actually!

Pixel Dan and Toyguru do the best videos!!! Keep them coming!

I'm sure Toyguru included the Star Sisters in the first quarter of 2012 because he hates them and most probably out to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    I hope so! I was expecting the are not painted actually!
    I thought TG said, the Griffin uses SW's wings. So they should come in blue, pink, and yellow

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    I would like to have the wings as they are - it gives the creature more color variety.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Great video as always. It was interesting to see Shadow Weaver in motion, because when I saw her in the case she was posed in such a way I almost thought she had a ball joint at the waist but it seems to be two different joints there. Also, seeing the Sorceress wings moving around helps me visualize it better than when I was just staring at it in the case! LOL.

As for Spector, I'd already come to like him by the time I saw him in person, but having the little details explained is really cool. Love the plasma charges powering the weapons and the missing clip. One thing I'm confused about... I could have sworn that during the Q&A panel Scott said he's coming with the whip AND knife... but here he only talks about the knife. I hope it comes with both!
    Agreed. The whip looked very cool on the proof of concept art. I am really hoping it is still included. With the lesser amount of new parts and much lower volume of plastic, he shouldnt take as big a hit as draegoman, I wouldn't think.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?