Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Walkthrough Video from PowerCon!

thanks dan! really enjoyed watching that, kind of got my MOTUC buzz back again!! ...

all the figures look awesome, not sure about griffin though ... plus, slush-head rocks and I don't even like NA!!! ...

movie sorceress FTW ...

also, when can we see your power and honour screening?? ...

keep up the awesome work! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm sure Toyguru included the Star Sisters in the first quarter of 2012 because he hates them and most probably out to get you.
    You know, I've seen some folks saying stuff like "you should be grateful we're even getting the Star Sisters at all", and I'm puzzled each and every single time because they're not making this trio as some sort of favor to the fans. It's been said that every character from the vintage lines are on the schedule.

The fact that they're scheduled for early 2012 isn't a favor either. It's just part of the "making sure there's different types of characters in every year" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    I would like to have the wings as they are - it gives the creature more color variety.
    I like to have them brown as well

It's funny, even though I attend all these cons and have the opportunity to see the figures in person and speak with toyguru about them, I still really enjoy these walk through videos every year. Good stuff.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Awesome video PD! And thanks for the shout out.
    I didn't see that coming.
    The figures are amazing but Slush Head is the best. They made him so cool.
    I'm so glad that you can fill him with water. Nice touch.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Thanks for the video. It looks great.

How/ where am I going to get the white sorceress from? Evil bay again...

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    It's funny, even though I attend all these cons and have the opportunity to see the figures in person and speak with toyguru about them, I still really enjoy these walk through videos every year. Good stuff.
    Glad to hear, man!! It was great to meet you, btw!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    You know, I've seen some folks saying stuff like "you should be grateful we're even getting the Star Sisters at all", and I'm puzzled each and every single time because they're not making this trio as some sort of favor to the fans. It's been said that every character from the vintage lines are on the schedule.

The fact that they're scheduled for early 2012 isn't a favor either. It's just part of the "making sure there's different types of characters in every year" thing.
    The first quarter reveals are not random. They're to market the subs. I just don't see the agenda against you people (Star Sister fans).

Your videos never disappoint, Dan! Always enjoy them!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Awesome video PD! And thanks for the shout out.
    I didn't see that coming.
    The figures are amazing but Slush Head is the best. They made him so cool.
    I'm so glad that you can fill him with water. Nice touch.
    Of course!

I'm so glad to see that you're getting your "Mosquitor," and that he has the option of adding water!

Eric Treadaway and I were actually discussing Mosquitor using the same sort of element of adding your own water similar to what they did with Slushhead. I think I'll be quite happy with that if that's the route that's taken!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Eric Treadaway and I were actually discussing Mosquitor using the same sort of element of adding your own water similar to what they did with Slushhead. I think I'll be quite happy with that if that's the route that's taken!
    That would be cool! But I almost wish they'd have an option of either slipping in a molded clear red plastic piece or putting liquid in. Just as an option, though I'd probably put liquid in. I just wondered if you put, say, fake Halloween blood or something thicker if it'd dry up and get crusty eventually?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm sure Toyguru included the Star Sisters in the first quarter of 2012 because he hates them and most probably out to get you.
    I don't think there's a conspiracy there, I'm just sad we didn't get to see the Star Sisters and how they work. We got to see the test shots of Shadow Weaver, Sorceress and Photog. It would have been awesome to see the Star Sisters. Especially how Tallstar works, because they weren't certain before.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

That was a really cool video. Thanks for posting it. I am now more excited seeing these new figures. I'm glad I got both subs. I can't wait.

The first quarter reveals are not random. They're to market the subs. I just don't see the agenda against you people (Star Sister fans).
    Actually, Toyguru debunked that notion. According to him, Shadow Weaver was the exception.

With regard to the Star Sisters, from what I've seen in the videos, I just think he seems really uninterested in discussing them.

But the main reason that I'm actually upset, has to do with the fact that they went against the majority opinion and decided to make versions that barely anyone ever discussed. I feel they did this because they simply didn't care that much about the characters, weren't paying attention all these years, and wanted to take the easy way out by asking one person. They bypassed the crucial step of researching the boards, which is supposed to be part of their process.

Also, this is partially a big deal to me, because I took a lot of flack for calling shenanigans on them regarding certain POP issues. This situation with the Star Sisters is a shining example of what I was talking about.

Mattel is now ignoring the topic.

Yes ... the test-shot figures and how they work - that was something new that Pixel Dan and Toyguru did not have in the 'Walkthrough' videos before. Very good stuff! I hope they will continue with the test-shots because it gives even more info about the behind-the-scenes for fans (like me) who cannot attend the cons. Definitely an improvement! The comment on Spector was very interesting to see too - what Toyguru can say about his own figure.
    Suggestion: Maybe next time when there is the next 30. anniv. figure in the 'Walkthrough' video, the creator of the figure can join the video and tell something about the figure like Toyguru did about Spector.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    I like to have them brown as well
    OK I am beaten - it is two against one!
    Last edited by Sabretooth; September 27, 2011 at 04:02pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Of course!

I'm so glad to see that you're getting your "Mosquitor," and that he has the option of adding water!

I'm sure they'll come up with a great way to add blood to Mosquitor. They have to put blood on his chest, that's a must. I'm glad you were discussing that with Eric.
    It's your time now man, Mosquitor has to be next. Just hang in there.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Actually, Toyguru debunked that notion. According to him, Shadow Weaver was the exception.

With regard to the Star Sisters, from what I've seen in the videos, I just think he seems really uninterested in discussing them.

But the main reason that I'm actually upset, has to do with the fact that they went against the majority opinion and decided to make versions that barely anyone ever discussed. I feel they did this because they simply didn't care that much about the characters, weren't paying attention all these years, and wanted to take the easy way out by asking one person. They bypassed the crucial step of researching the boards, which is supposed to be part of their process.

Also, this is partially a big deal to me, because I took a lot of flack for calling shenanigans on them regarding certain POP issues. This situation with the Star Sisters is a shining example of what I was talking about.

Mattel is now ignoring the topic.
    They're coming for you, Barbara.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I'm sure they'll come up with a great way to add blood to Mosquitor. They have to put blood on his chest, that's a must. I'm glad you were discussing that with Eric.
    It's your time now man, Mosquitor has to be next. Just hang in there.
    Like I said on Tweeter, Matty, and in the chatroom. I'll cut myself and add my own blood to Mosquitor if I have to! It'll be hard to do though because I'm sure everyone will be excited rather than depressed once they finally get Mosquitor!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Hey man, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Anyone notice how Toyguru ignored Fisto in the walk through? He didn't even put him in the case til the 2nd day. I wonder what this means?

Thanks for the video reveals Dan, it helped to push me over the edge and get the 2012 sub

If i weren't an international fan I'd love to go to theses cons but your videos go some way to making me feel like I've been there (in spirit at least)

Anyone notice how Toyguru ignored Fisto in the walk through? He didn't even put him in the case til the 2nd day. I wonder what this means?
    Fisto obviously insulted him somehow lol

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    They're coming for you, Barbara.
    LOL @ tossing out a Night Of The Living Dead quote.

They can come for me all they want. I'll always be two steps ahead.

Simply put, Mattel deserves virtual rotten tomatoes thrown at them until they offer a fix for this like they do with most of the other complaints. (i.e. Faceless One's hood, offering to "fix" King Hssss' snake form, etc.) But of course they don't even bother acknowledging this issue.

Thanks for the great videos Dan!

How much video did you shoot, is there even more to come?

Why do you have to do that?