Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ToyGuru Walkthrough Video from PowerCon!

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Anyone notice how Toyguru ignored Fisto in the walk through? He didn't even put him in the case til the 2nd day. I wonder what this means?
    He has reversed shoulders?

Great videos Dan! And I'm not just saying that because my son and I are visible for a good chunk of the Toy Guru walkthrough one.

Sallah

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Anyone notice how Toyguru ignored Fisto in the walk through? He didn't even put him in the case til the 2nd day. I wonder what this means?
    He was on terry's desk and Terry forgot to bring him the first day.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Literally spilled my coffee on this one

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    He was on terry's desk and Terry forgot to bring him the first day.
    Can you say, "Lost in Translation?" And I'm not referring to that horror movie.
    Last edited by RockinHard; September 27, 2011 at 06:12pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

This made me even more of a Spector Fan. I think he's really cool!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Big thanks to Pixel Dan for the videos! And to Toyguru for his dedication to the line.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    WTH is up with the ad? I go onto another tab to look at stuff while the ad plays, the audio stops, so I go back, and the ad is still there, only without audio. So I go back to my tab for about 15 seconds as the video said it had 9 seconds left, and I come back, and it is still on 9 seconds. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!??
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Enough of the back and forth, gentlemen. Please take it to PM so that this thread has a chance of staying on topic.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Thanks for the video Dan!

I'm really glad that they showed off Stinkor's new head a bit more. One of the things I was hoping for was that the Gas Mask was removable. I always felt Stinkor should be immune to his own stench, so I'm glad I have the option to display him with the new head without the mask!

Dan, big thanks to you and Scott. Another great walkthrough. Despite pouring over the photos numerous times, these videos always show me something new and I love the enthusiasm that you and Scott both have for this hobby.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    If anyone ever wants a thread showing people jumping to conclusions, point them here!

Let me see if I can hit everything. I didn't read EVERY post:

Terry left Fisto and Zoar on his desk in the rush to the con. He went back to work early Sunday to get them.

I love the Star Sisters! Can't wait for em. Unproduced prototypes, check. POP, check. New female sculpt with waist articulation, check. All this times 3? What is not to love. Seriously. No idea why everyone is concerned about the Star Sisters. They are awesome.

BUT: the figures on display were far from final. This was the first paint sample back from HK. The one we make a ton of comment on. Not to worry. Most figures look like this on first pass, it is why we spend so much time reviewing (if you were in our panel, we reviewed this step with a visual of the comments on Whiplash).

I'm not sure about the wings. The Horsemen did that deco. I'd say give them a yelp on their boards for the full 411 (I prob won't get a chance to talk to them until NYCC).

And as for Spector, yes he will have his knife and his laser whip as shown in Terry's B-sheet. Much like Thunder Punch HM did not have some parts at SDCC, Spector is right off the Horsemen's table hand carried to the show, some parts not yet complete. I saw him for the first time on Friday when CB handed him to me at Mattel saying "here you might want this".

I think one of the reasons he looks a little plain is he is missing these giant projected laser weapons. The whip I am hoping will be especially cool. Terry is looking into it being bendy to hold a pose so you can wrap it around captured bad guys and such. The knife is also thought of as what would have been the vintage action feature; a knife that went in and out of the wrist with a dial of sorts).

Okay, hope that clears up some mystery!

Great con everyone. Thanks for filming PD. Always great to give a video tour with you!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    BUT: the figures on display were far from final. This was the first paint sample back from HK. The one we make a ton of comment on. Not to worry. Most figures look like this on first pass, it is why we spend so much time reviewing (if you were in our panel, we reviewed this step with a visual of the comments on Whiplash).
    Toyguru, can you please make sure all three of the Star Sisters have the pale, Adora-like skin tone on the final versions (like the prototypes were) and that Starla's entire face is painted, instead of just being the molded plastic? That would really make them much more awesome.

Question: Are Tallstar's extending parts stackable? Like...if we bought 3 sets, could we use all the pieces to make a super tall, Tallstar?

Also...not sure if anything can be done about this, but Jewelstar and Tallstar's bikini bottoms look stretched out in the crotch and are much less form fitting at the sides as well (compared to the prototypes). Just thought it's worth mentioning. The prototype bikini bottoms are awesome, A+...but the sample ones look a little odd.

Thanks.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    If anyone ever wants a thread showing people jumping to conclusions, point them here!
    Well, what do you expect? People have their opinions, and anything they see they're going to comment on and have opinions about. That's just the nature of MOTUC. Great fans who care about the line and their toys. More than 3 years in - I'm sure you've figure that out by now.

BUT: the figures on display were far from final.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but Fearless Photog's camera zooms in and out with a lever at the top of his head, right? I thought this line DIDN'T have action features????? I'm confused.

Great con everyone. Thanks for filming PD. Always great to give a video tour with you!
    It WAS a great con! Thanks, Toyguru for your dedication to MOTUC and the hard work you put in at Mattel!!

Great video, Dan! As always!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Action features like Roboto's gears and Clawful's snapping claw that don't interfere with articulation.

Well, it doesn't help that you haven't yet commented on the following issue:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/4841006617

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/4801020717

I generally think you do a great job of managing the MOTUC line Scott, but this is one area where Mattel really dropped the ball, and I think POP toy fans are deserving of an explanation beyond "We let the Horsemen decide."

P.S. I would take this to PM if I could, but I don't think Scott responds to private messages?

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but Fearless Photog's camera zooms in and out with a lever at the top of his head, right? I thought this line DIDN'T have action features????? I'm confused.
    Dunno if this will help, but here's what Scott had to say on the topic a couple years back:

To elaborate on the action features question, yes obviously Tri-Klops will have a spinning visor, Man-E-Faces will have a spinning head and Rio Blast would have pop out guns. (pending we can get to all of those great characters)

Where you won't see action features is on mechanical features - ie: Snout Spout will likely not spit water, Sy-Klone will likely not have a spinning mechanism, Stinkor will likely not smell and Ram-Man would likely not have a pop out body.

But Extendar would extend, the Rock people would fold up and Scare Glow might even have glow in the dark paint if it works out.

Obviously we have a while to go before we can get to characters with more unique sculpts. We have to prove the line out first and show that it has enough fan support and we can at least break even before we look at more expense sculpts. (which is why the first batch of figures all share parts)

Personally I would love to get to every character from the original line and all the characters from the 2002 show. We hear you that fans wish that the Filmation and the 1987 Film could be included but facts are facts, we do not have the toy rights to these properties and there just isn't anything on Earth or Eternia that will change this.

While some fans may be disappointed, there are still so many original toy line, POP, NA and 200X characters to get to.

Of course the alternative is we don't do a new toy line at all and just fold our hands, but I can't see that happening. There are way too many cool characters to do and way too much fan support. So instead of focusing on what we can't do, I'd hope the fans will support the line for what we can do- which is bring highly detailed fully articulated MOTU characters to toy fans around the world!

TG
    Last edited by Tallstar; September 28, 2011 at 04:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Tallstar's stomach doesn't extend and Jewelstar doesn't fold up (80's toy was designed like the Rock people). At least Extendar and the Rock people will still get these features. It would just be nice if these ladies got the same treatment as what's proposed for those guys.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    A big thanks to Pixel Dan and ToyGuru! Great vids... can't wait to get some of these figures!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

And as for Spector, yes he will have his knife and his laser whip as shown in Terry's B-sheet. Much like Thunder Punch HM did not have some parts at SDCC, Spector is right off the Horsemen's table hand carried to the show, some parts not yet complete. I saw him for the first time on Friday when CB handed him to me at Mattel saying "here you might want this".

I think one of the reasons he looks a little plain is he is missing these giant projected laser weapons. The whip I am hoping will be especially cool. Terry is looking into it being bendy to hold a pose so you can wrap it around captured bad guys and such. The knife is also thought of as what would have been the vintage action feature; a knife that went in and out of the wrist with a dial of sorts).
    Yay! Glad he's coming with both weapons. I THINK I'll pose him with the whip, especially if it can be bendy! I like the thought that went into it - like the little details of what his action figure would have been. Just going to throw this out there... it might really cool if all the green bits (the knife, the whip, the ammo, etc.) glowed in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Well, what do you expect? People have their opinions, and anything they see they're going to comment on and have opinions about. That's just the nature of MOTUC. Great fans who care about the line and their toys. More than 3 years in - I'm sure you've figure that out by now.
    The thing I loved most about this weekend was getting to experience the passion of the fans. But I don't think that passion for something is inherently good. To me, passion should always be tempered with reason otherwise it's easy to let it lead you down some regretful paths if you're not careful. I'm not sure some of the conclusions being jumped to here were entirely reasonable. Understandable? Yes, I think so. Reasonable? Personally, I don't think so.

At this point, I must refer to one of my favorite Doctor Who quotes:
    " I love humans. They always see patterns in things that aren't there."

It's a 100% newly tooled piece (and would have been anyway) that really is more like an articulation point than an action feature. It doesn't involve any internal mechanisms or springs or complex engineering. It's basically just a tube sliding through a slot (and AWESOME.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Tallstar's stomach doesn't extend and Jewelstar doesn't fold up (80's toy was designed like the Rock people). At least Extendar and the Rock people will still get these features. It would just be nice if these ladies got the same treatment as what's proposed for those guys.
    Tallstar is getting the exact same treatment that Extendar probably will. And about Jewelstar - do people really want her to fold up? In the proposed toy, she did not in any way look like a jewel to me. She looked exactly like a figure half-way to a fetal position.

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Anyone else notice that ToyGuru was giving the credit for the Sorceress' wing articulation to Terry? I pretty sure the idea came from Emiliano's designs ages ago.
    TG sounded very adamant that it was all Terrys idea, I think credit where credits due.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Tallstar is getting the exact same treatment that Extendar probably will. And about Jewelstar - do people really want her to fold up? In the proposed toy, she did not in any way look like a jewel to me. She looked exactly like a figure half-way to a fetal position.
    Extendar will probably have a waist extension though.

About Jewelstar? She didn't look totally folded up in the prototype pictures because of the limitations of the sculpt. Fixing these issues is part of what MOTUC is all about. But really, as is, she wouldn't be able to do what's depicted in the catalog anyway.

Starla is missing her liquid-filled backpack.

The ladies were supposed to get the same treatment as their male counterparts, meaning that they all should've had something to represent their original features.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Action features like Roboto's gears and Clawful's snapping claw that don't interfere with articulation.
    If you wanted to be super pedantic, both of those do interfere with articulation in a sense. Roboto's gears required sacrificing the ab crunch (which I doubt anybody missed, though) and Clawful's claw action prevents you from posing him with the claw open. So minor interference is clearly tolerated.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Extendar will probably have a waist extension though.
    Ohhhh... I see what you're saying. It's more that Tallstar is missing that piece. That would have been cool.

About Jewelstar? She didn't look totally folded up in the prototype pictures because of the limitations of the sculpt. Fixing these issues is part of what MOTUC is all about. But really, as is, she wouldn't be able to do what's depicted in the catalog anyway.
    Yes, but how would you propose fixing it? I guess my thing is that to make her actually fold up into a jewel like Rokkon and Stonedar you'd have to have these huge bulky jewel pieces all around her like they did, and I personally wouldn't have cared for that. I'm not even sure I really want Rokkon and Stonedar to do that. But I have to say I love Jewelstar as she is, so I'm biased. She's hands-down one of my most anticipated figures for next year.
    Last edited by JonWes; September 28, 2011 at 06:27am.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yes, but how would you propose fixing it? I guess my thing is that to make her actually fold up into a jewel like Rokkon and Stonedar you'd have to have these huge bulky jewel pieces all around her like they did, and I personally wouldn't have cared for that. I'm not even sure I really want Rokkon and Stonedar to do that. But I have to say I love Jewelstar as she is, so I'm biased. She's hands-down one of my most anticipated figures for next year.
    I had this exact same conversation recently and I'll say what I did then...

She didn't necessarily have to have her action feature, so long as she came with a jewel form to represent it. Though having said that, I think the 4H are creative enough to come up with a solution to the above issue. Perhaps they could have made her detachable at the waist so she could somehow snap into a jewel base, for lack of a better way of explaining it. Hell, they could have made a jewel form with a angled peg, where all you have to do is remove Jewestars head and snap it into position.

I totally get that some of you folks are satisfied with what we're getting... I just wish some members would understand why some of us are disappointed.

I'm actually starting to like The Mighty Spector.