Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Ram Man's legs - and how would you like to see this reflect in his bio?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

What are Ram Man's legs - and how would you like to see this reflect in his bio?

Even though being one of the most requested figures by fans, no sign of a MOTUC Ram Man yet. But after just posting this poll on a MOTUC Ram Man colour scheme, I got to wondering as to just what Rammy's legs were all about, and how they should be reflected in his profile, if / when the figure ever comes about.

Do you consider him just to have poweful but "human" legs? Are they some kinda bionic replacement? I've never considered Ram Man to remotely be cyborg (in fact, all incarnations have shown him to be decidedly human-like), but is his lower body some kind of robotic enhancement / replacement? (Maybe he lost his real legs in some terrible accident - hence becoming so embittered by the time of the "He-Man Meets Ram Man!" mini-comic.... I'm just speculating!! )

There's any way they could go with this (though personally I think the whole "cyborg" / "human mutated into a cyborg" thing is a little overused in MOTU). How would you like to see his legs explained?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Good topic!

I personally prefer the idea that he just has really powerful legs - maybe powered up by some sort of unmentioned spell or either by some bionic method. Maybe he had lost the use of his legs and became paralised and by some sorcery his legs were made to work again but also be super-strength - hence turning him into the human battering-ram.

What I really hate though (and I hope they don't go this way with the figure or bio) is the idea that his legs are springs - even as a child, I thought this was really silly. This was only apparent in the Filmation toon as far as I can recall.

I too prefer the idea of him having really powerful legs, with the ribbed design somehow being conducive to his ramming ability without actually contracting/expanding. You know, the physical force exerted transfers from one 'ring' to the next.

Check out his mini-comic from back in the day. His legs are just that- LEGS
    He has unique pants. His action figure was the way it was because of the action feature. And Filmation? God only knows why they decided to animate his legs as if they were coiled springs. They were smoking crack. It's one of those things I am hoping MOTUC totally ignores. The MYP cartoon did a great job with Rammy... and on that show, there is no inclination whatsoever that he has any sort of bionic parts.

I prefer him having normal legs and just being so strong that he can jump with such a massive impact.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    He only bounced in the Filmation cartoon because it was cheaper to move the character across the animation cell in one smooth movement, opposed animating each step.

I personally compare Ram-Man to Juggernaut. I'd even be okay with them saying magic items give him the ability to move at super speed and become invulnerable when he's moving.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

normal legs. Ram Man trained to have his powers essentially. I want Eternia to have more myth about it and the idea of warriors both good and evil dedicating themselves to some mystical training (now and again) for me, gives so much great possiilities for storylines as well as it gives depth to the character and the world.,
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Springs for legs. Makes him even more unique and cool.
    I like to think either he was born without legs or they were removed, either way adds to his character making him stronger overall for what he had to overcome. Using a disability or a weekness as a strength.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I dunno. Granted, there is a pattern of the heroic warriors leaning more towards being cybernetically enhanced as opposed to the rather monstrous evil warriors. But we already have Rotar coping with his lost legs.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I think he's a stronger-than-average guy that loves to bonk things, with weird pants. No spring legs for sure. The Mini-comic version is my favorite, the right height, look, feel, everything. I prefer to think there's no enchantments or cyborg elements.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I couldn't stand Ram Man in the Filmation series; I thought he was by far the worst, and most annoying character. However, I really liked how he was represented in the MYP series. I think MldMnrdReporter is spot-on with his comparison of Ram Man to the Juggernaut from Marvel comics, and I would like to see a representation of "Rammy" in that way.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

I also see him like Juggernaut. A heavy strong men, who when he runs can burst trough walls and rocks with the help of his heavily armored head/shoulder armor. Pure out of strength not because of magic.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Agreed. I like the Juggernaut-like angle as well. Sometimes you just have to let huge be huge without a reason.

I like the large (non-dwarf, non-giant), mini-comics Ram-Man best.

His legs are normal - the forward momentum actually comes from his helmet/shoulders (let's call this - "the rammer": ancient tech that he once unearthed in some ruin or some such, before becoming a free-lancer on the roads).

The rammer creates a force-field around it which lessens the forward resistance from air & gravity once the wearer jumps forwards. So Ram-Man's legs are powerful, but the jump is aided by the tech. In addition, the field cushions the blow to the wearer's head.

This is a powerful force overall, which is why Skeletor used Ram-Man to smash at the Jawbridge - almost succeeding in breaking in!

........Then again, if his legs turn out to be robotic, that'd be ok - so long as they aren't Filmation springs - which is little more than a homage to the action feature - which the MOTUC figure is also sure to have - perhaps even with a pointless homage lever!
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; November 24, 2011 at 11:44am.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I prefer the idea that he simply has very powerful human legs.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe the Ram-stone can play some role?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Maybe the Ram-stone can play some role?
    Good thinking! If his helmet is hi-tech/magic, a relationship would make sense.

Just imagine Ram-Man wearing the Stone on his helmet!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post

Just imagine Ram-Man wearing the Stone on his helmet!
    That sounds really fun.

I don't want his legs to be cybernetic or springs...there are too many characters already with weird enhancements. Just give him very powerful human legs like MYP or the minis.

But on the subject of not snapping his neck and spine when he rams something...his armor needs to be magical.

Less is more with Ram Man.

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Regular human legs gets my vote! I really liked how Ram Man was handled in the MYP cartoon!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    But on the subject of not snapping his neck and spine when he rams something...his armor needs to be magical.
    Magic or tech -but yes - it needs to have some sort of force-field IMHO.

BTW, is anyone wanting to see a little lever sticking out of Ram-Man's heel?

Hmmmm?
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; November 24, 2011 at 01:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    The bios will probably say his legs came from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    BTW, is anyone wanting to see a little lever sticking out of Ram-Man's heel?
    No lever!

I like the way Rammy's legs were portrayed in the MYP. The 4HM described him as an ol'skool football lineman- something like that. I also like the the way he appeared in his mini comic.

I hope when we get the figure his legs are separate.

Normal legs. He's just an incredibly powerful, super-durable dude.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    The bios will probably say his legs came from the future.
    That darn Spector just gets mixed up in everything!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    I personally compare Ram-Man to Juggernaut.
    Good comparison mate.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26