View Poll Results: Will the Star Sisters Be an Eyesore on the MOTUC Shelf?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 21.55%
  • No

79 68.10%
  • Not Sure Yet

12 10.34%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the Star Sisters Be an Eyesore on the Collection Shelf?

Will the Star Sisters Be an Eyesore on the Collection Shelf?

Many people say that the Star Sisters will stick out on the MOTUC shelf like a sore thumb. Some say they will fit right in. What do you say?

Yes

No

Not sure yet
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I really don't know. I wouldn't say eyesore...that's being too harsh. But I am worried that they stand out a bit too much.

If Sy-Klone, Bow, Roboto, Gygor, Adam, Keldor, and Faker can fit in and not be Eyesores, I'm sure that the sisters can fit in nicely...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'm getting them. As of right now, they are far from my favorites, but I eagerly anticipate reviews of them. I think they'll fit in okay, too.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Very much looking forward to some more brightly colored characters on the shelf... so far Sy-Klone, Faker, and Evil-Lyn are the only ones with any "pop", as it were.

As a new pop fan, I think they will look great standing behind She-ra and bow!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I said yes. Though they are not an eyesore. Only b/c of my unfamiliarity of them. Not being a huge POP fan. Don't get me wrong. What I know from POP is only from the old cartoon. It's not the colors being the eyesore. With so many other vintage characters w/ bright colors as mentioned by DO4M. It's really the concept for me about "who are the Star Sisters"? I don't have nostalgia for them like I have for everything else. Some people know nothing of POP. They are certainly not the most common POP characters if your not a huge POP fan. Most people just need to be educated about them. I will certainly put them up on my Classics wall. Maybe, I'll come back & change my vote. Can I do that???

I voted "No"

I already plan on breaking the trio up and if one turns out to be an eyesore, there's always the retirement box.....
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    One of the best things about MOTU/PoP is the bright, eyecatching color schemes. Star Sisters are most welcome on my shelf.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

every room needs a hint of pink so i think they will be ok

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

From a visual standpoint, I think they will look different than most of the figures -at first- only because we really don't have that many brightly colored characters yet. (Though I think that will change as we get more and more POP and Filmation-only characters) But since MOTU is supposed to be an avatar of the imagination and all-encompassing, technically they fit in just fine.

Anyhow, on a side note, to me these Star Sisters have a late 60s vibe.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Not really sure yet... Uhm, no, really... not sure yet.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Nope, they will fit in great!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I actually think, if there is one, that Tallstar fits in the least; the figure's colors are more "out there." I'm most curious to see what the figure is like with the extensions.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Will the Star Sisters Be an Eyesore on the Collection Shelf?
    I don't know about everybody else's collection shelf, but the Star Sisters won't be an eyesore on my collection shelf...because I won't be buying them. I have no interest in them whatsoever.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I actually think, if there is one, that Tallstar fits in the least; the figure's colors are more "out there." I'm most curious to see what the figure is like with the extensions.
    It's kind of hard to explain, but one reason that I prefer the toy color scheme on Tallstar especially, is because it gives her a distinct look when compared to the other POP heroines. I mean, when you're looking at the sisters as a single unit in the current colors schemes, she's already sort of blending together and getting lost in the mix, for lack of a better way of putting it.

Then, when I imagine some of the other POP gals next to her (Glimmer, Flutterina etc.), she becomes even more undefined due to similar colors being used over large areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's kind of hard to explain, but one reason that I prefer the toy color scheme on Tallstar especially, is because it gives her a distinct look when compared to the other POP heroines. I mean, when you're looking at the sisters as a single unit in the current colors schemes, she's already sort of blending together and getting lost in the mix, for lack of a better way of putting it.

Then, when I imagine some of the other POP gals next to her (Glimmer, Flutterina etc.), she becomes even more undefined due to similar colors being used over large areas.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...reness/all.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...s/original.jpg
    Wow, Tallstar, I like the red coloring on Jewelstar and the paint deco on Tallstar, especially Tallstar! That looks much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...reness/all.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...s/original.jpg
    they look 100% better! why did we not get them

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

The more I look at the pictures of the Star Sisters the more excited I get to add them to my collection. I never really cared one way or the other if we got them, but when I saw them in the SDCC pics I decided they need to be a part of my collection. I think they'll fit in just fine.

voted not sure yet, only because i don't know what the packaging will look like and i will likely display these in package.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    I think it would've been cool to see Tallstar in chrome/silver, since Entrapta will probably lose her vintage toy chrome color and be made gold like the style guide and cardback art. You know, so it's in line with the whole: "Tricky Golden Beauty" tag line.

And Entrapta always squared-off against Tallstar in the magazine stories, so in a way it would have made sense to make their outfits different colored metals.

Chrome/Silver will be sorely underused on the POP side.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    ooooohhhhh...if only there was a concise and complete answer for that one!

so Please address all queries to Toy Guru c/o Mattycollector.com

Those recolors are perfect, the only thing I would change is Tallstars Hair back to the original color, I just think its a great color! (though lets be honest...MOTUC aint great for the produced Colors matching the proto Colors!)

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

of course they wont be. If you like them particularly, they'll be a proud addition to your collection.

If you are just a completest, then they'll lurk in the back of your display and not hurt anything.

And if you really dont want them, you arent going to get them, which changes nothing.

So there is no reason to say yes, you goofballs.

oh, and EDIT

I think to vote yes just because you dont like that they're not coloured like the toy prototypes is contrary to the question. I'm not saying anyone particularly is doint that. Only that will the be an eyesore? No, clearly not.

An adamant, vehement NO! They are awesome!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

They would be an eyesore for me as I have no interest in them in general and they would be a constant reminder that thanks to the sub I paid $80 for something I don't want.