View Poll Results: Do you support Illumina to be made in MOTUC?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 68.47%
  • No

35 31.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you Support Illumina in MOTUC?

Heroic Warrior

Do you Support Illumina in MOTUC?

I've read lots of trash talking on both sides of this issue. Regardless of personal preference on the figure, her creators, etc. Will you support her in MOTUC? Simple Yes or No, no slam the other guy option or glorify the character option either. By support the character, I mean: will you buy the figure? I take it Mattel wants figures that fit in this category with lots of support but also to have that support backed up by sales. So I would think only vote if you feel one way or the other about purchasing the figure.

Also to those asking for an apathetic vote, there is no such option in this poll. Either you would buy her or you would not.
    Last edited by Rakashian Calamari; September 28, 2011 at 01:02pm.
    Good trades with: Cammor

yes i'd love an Illumina at some point in MOTUC

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Gibbs View Post
    yes i'd love an Illumina at some point in MOTUC
    Agreed. I, personally, would love her a.s.a.p., but I will be content as long as she and her cat get released before the end of the MOTUC line.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

say yes for Illumina!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

There should be an 'apathetic' option for those who don't care either way.

Yes. And her cat too, I'd hope in a rider and beast-pack, if they ever get to that SKU.

YES! I'd love to see her in MotU Classics!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Absolutely. Out of all the D-List characters in MOTU, she's my favourite.

Heroic Warrior
    what does "support" mean? are u asking if i would buy her?

I support her getting a figure simply because I think she looks cool. Don't even care who she is.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

She looks awesome! That's enough for me!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

So aside from the few Mattel shills here, who voted against her being made?

I detest when people campaign against ANYTHING being included in this line. It's an "anything-goes" line. Why would anyone campaign against something that fellow friends wanted?

Anyway, I voted "yes."

She's a Gar... she's a she... she can kick your butt... she has cool powers... she has a cool steed... and she has potential for a cool bio.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    To Eternia23: I would say support would mean you would buy her.

I fully support her for MOTUC.

She would make an amazing figure.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So aside from the few Mattel shills here, who voted against her being made?
    I'm not so interested in the who, I'd like to know the why. I support her simply because she's cool looking and would fit nicely with the rest of the MOTUC figures on the shelf. Nothing deeper about it.

But why vote against? Is it mostly subscribers that don't want to end up paying for her? Because there's always the option she could be an SDCC exclusive that isn't included in the subscription. In the same sense, there's no need to assume she'd be taking the place of Ram Man or any other highly anticipated figure, because there are alternatives, such as the exclusive I just mentioned.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    I'm not so interested in the who, I'd like to know the why. I support her simply because she's cool looking and would fit nicely with the rest of the MOTUC figures on the shelf. Nothing deeper about it.

But why vote against? Is it mostly subscribers that don't want to end up paying for her? Because there's always the option she could be an SDCC exclusive that isn't included in the subscription. In the same sense, there's no need to assume she'd be taking the place of Ram Man or any other highly anticipated figure, because there are alternatives, such as the exclusive I just mentioned.
    I can't really speak for anyone else, but my reason for having no interest in her is that she is basically a glorified fanfic character. While she may have been intended for the MVC comics, she was never featured and there is no real backround on her other than what Val and Emiliano have told us. And from what I have read, she feels like they were trying to shoehorn into an important role in the mythos. While many can argue about other figures we have received that had no background either, these were Mattel concepts that for whatever reason back in the day they could not produce while Illumina is not a Mattel concept. MOTUC has been about updating the look of past MOTU/POP/NA/200X figures and incorporating conceptual figures from MOTU's past into one cohesive aesthetic, Illumina fits neither of those criteria as she was never released as a figure in any line, nor did Mattel conceptualize a possible figure for her. Yes, there are excpetions. For example, Mo-Larr is an exception to this rule as he (A)was never released as a figure in any previous line, (B)Mattel did not coneceptualize him, and (C)he did not appear in any Mattel sanctioned media, however Seth Greene stepped forth and put down the money for the tooling. People are free to voice their desire for this figure to be released and I'm pretty sure they will eventually get to her seeing, but there is absolutely nothing about her that warrants an inclusion in this line, let alone as a high priority. Mattel is aware, be patient.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    MOTUC has been about updating the look of past MOTU/POP/NA/200X figures and incorporating conceptual figures from MOTU's past into one cohesive aesthetic, Illumina fits neither of those criteria as she was never released as a figure in any line, nor did Mattel conceptualize a possible figure for her.
    I understand your reasons, but I'd just like to ask to clarify: how do you feel about other figures made of what were minor background characters in the MYP cartoon, sometimes essentially just window dressing for a scene or two? I mean characters ranging from Chief Carnivus and Calix to Queen Andreeno and King Taurius. They don't fit the criteria of being part of previous toylines, having a real background or originating from Mattel either.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

I support her getting made for those who want her but I personally do not want her. I don't know if that counts as support.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    There should be an 'apathetic' option for those who don't care either way.
    Yeah, where's the 'I Don't Care' option? Because I don't care...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    I understand your reasons, but I'd just like to ask to clarify: how do you feel about other figures made of what were minor background characters in the MYP cartoon, sometimes essentially just window dressing for a scene or two? I mean characters ranging from Chief Carnivus and Calix to Queen Andreeno and King Taurius. They don't fit the criteria of being part of previous toylines, having a real background or originating from Mattel either.
    Thanks for quoting only a fraction of my post to conviniently make a point. Somehow you missed the part where I said:

Yes, there are exceptions.
    Also, when I used Mo-Larr as an example of said exceptions, I also wrote this:
    (C)he did not appear in any Mattel sanctioned media
    The characters you listed appeared in media that Mattel commissioned (the MYP cartoon), thus making them fair game to release as figures as Mattel owns the rights to do so, even though of all the characters you listed only one has been made into a figure. Illumina, on the other hand did not appear in either the show or the MVC comics. All that aside, Mattel has changed their stance several times on what their criteria is in regards to what characters to release so all this could be a moot point. I could care less if the blue-elf Teela ever makes it to figure form or not as I already said I don't have any interest. I gave my reasons and my reasons alone, which probably have nothing to do with why Mattel has yet to release her.

Heroic Warrior
    Just curious here guys, as I'm not on facebook very often if at all for this sort of stuff. Is the facebook campaign going any better than this poll? I have concerns when such a passionate issue gathers less than a hundred votes of preference in either direction. Is the desire there to have her or is it a very vocal minority as some have insinuated?

i don't really care either way, but if they made her, i'd buy her...so i voted yes.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakashian Calamari View Post
    Just curious here guys, as I'm not on facebook very often if at all for this sort of stuff. Is the facebook campaign going any better than this poll? I have concerns when such a passionate issue gathers less than a hundred votes of preference in either direction. Is the desire there to have her or is it a very vocal minority as some have insinuated?
    I refer you to this quote, from Toyguru I believe, made in the Anti-Illumina thread:

Illumina is not a highly demanded figure. She is a figure that the same 50 fan forum members request over and over. We know because we did an analysis of fan forums and reviewed how many unique posters their are.

Further, in a recent poll, only 171 people voted for her to be made. 171. Honestly, that is tiny. Especially in light of the thousands of subs we have sold.

The internet gives every fan a voice and the medium by definition tend to sku "demand" because it allows a very small minority to be louder then they really are. The same 50 people posting over and over again does not translate to a character being highly demanded by the larger toy buying customer base. Yes, the 50- fans on He-Man.org really want this figure, and they are very passionate, but that simply does not translate to a figure being highly demanded outside of this very small group.

The Mighty Spector is an all new character introduced into the 30th line. Of course no one was demanding him. No one knew about him before Power Con. He fills a slot in the 30th line as an all new figure. Illumina as an existing figure does not qualify as an all new figure for this sub line within MOTUC.

We certainly can get to her one day, but do fans really want her to bump another figure like Ram Man, Frosta, Flogg, or even Dragstor? I asked this at Power Con and the audience clearly felt Ram Man, Frosta, etc... should come first.

Comparing Illumina and any of the 6 30th figures is not really a fair comparison as they do not take up the same slots. She would be a standard monthly figure, Spector never would be. He only works for the 30th line.

I imagine we will get to her one day, but we are really focusing on actual fan demanded characters first like the vintage line, POP, 200X characters, NA and so forth. Outside of the same 50 people posting over and over again, the "demand" really is minimal.

This isn't meant to be negative, just looking at the facts!

We know a small minority really want her. And she is cool. We just have a lot more figures we (and the majority of fans) seem to want first. Maybe down the road. No one is saying she is off the table, she just is not a priority to rush to plastic

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Also to those asking for an apathetic vote, there is no such option in this poll. Either you would buy her or you would not.
    Then I wouldn't buy her...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 28, 2011 at 01:32pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

you should change the question in the poll then. because some people support nearly every figure because they want other fans to be happy...even figures they won't buy themselves.