Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A modest proposal for Stinkor to Scott.

Well, luckily, this is an Adult Collector line with no action features, so Stinkor can't possibly have the action feature he had in the 80's.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
    I would rather Stinkor not have a smell myself. I really do not see the point. I mean who goes around sniffing their figures ?
    I also still try and smell Moss Man even though his smell has faded like others have mentioned. I also have my vintage Stinkor in a plastic bag and he still smells and it adds to the nostalgia when I take him out. The scent is something I am looking forward to on this release.

The only way this would work and make everyone happy is to do two runs and I don't see them wanting to add that to the expense of one figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Ok, my only concern with Stinkor is, how BAD will he smell?
    He does not smell like trash or a dead animal or anything really gross. It smells like patchoulie. They said it's the same recipe as the original so I assume it will smell like patchoulie. They even make colognes out of the smell because it is pleasant to some.

Quote Originally Posted by Heli88 View Post
    Well, luckily, this is an Adult Collector line with no action features, so Stinkor can't possibly have the action feature he had in the 80's.
    It is hard to discern what exactly is an action feature. Tri-Klops visor and Man-E-Faces heads don't seem to count and smells and flocking are also ok. When the toy requires some sort of mechanism to work though it does not happen. This is the case with Webstor's backpack and I assume it will also be the case with Mekanek and Ram Man in the future. Roboto's gears are the closest thing to an action feature that we have based on the current standards. Personally I like how they are handling it so far.
    Last edited by Hordak; September 28, 2011 at 10:59am.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Ok, my only concern with Stinkor is, how BAD will he smell? I have all my MOTUC figures in a glass case from ikea and having Moss Man in their created a pine scent throughout the case. No biggie for me because pine is one of my favorite scents.

Now, Stinkor will be in the case....what is my case going to smell like? I am a little concerened about it. I still will be getting him with my sub and keeping him loose with everyone else...but...I do hope it isn't a frightening smell. I don't remember what the 80's toy smelled like. Does anyone else remember? Can it be explained in words?
    don't worry, stinkor's scent is not smelly at all, it is made of patchouli (spelling might be wrong) and will possibly bring you back memories. I carried until recently the recollection that motu figures had it's very distinct smell, i didn't know why until i got a vintage stinkor last year.

I always loved my Stinkor figure as a kid; however, I LOATHED and still Loath the smell. At one point all of my action figures in the same container either ended smelling like Stinkor or Mossman or a horrible mixture of both. I plan on getting two and wrapping one in tissue and placing him in a plastic box filled with aquarium charcoal (we used it in or freezers and fridges to get the smell out after the hurricane) to see if I can draw a majority of the smell out of the plastic. I have migraines that triggered by scents like perfumes, cigarette smoke, etc; I have them in such frequency (3-4 times a week) I have to take a beta blocker once a day to prevent them. So yeah, if they could do without the scent, I would appreciate it. If not, I will find a way to deal with it. Hopefully it'll be like Mossman's and fade. Most unfortunate is they ever need to be stored, to prevent cross the scent over, they will need their own containers.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    Personally, I will be offended if all figures from here on out DON'T have a strong scent embedded in the plastic. All living things, and most mechanical, have some sort of scent, and I want my MOTUC collection to reflect that. I want a re-released Gygor, Battle Cat, and Panthor to smell like a real gorilla, tiger, and panther. I want Dragstor to reek of diesel fumes. Skeletor should be implanted with the actual odor of human decay, and Gwildor should be infused with the essence of the late, great, Billy Barty.
    Oh man, I can't wait to get me some Panthor smell! I hear that 60% of the time, it works every time. That and I think I want a sticker burst that says "REAL GORILLA SMELL!"
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    That sucks to have allergies but you expect them to change something for you and maybe a few others out of thousands. A little selfish don't you think.
    I tend to agree. The needs of the many out-weight the needs of the few. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    I tend to agree. The needs of the many out-weight the needs of the few. Plain and simple.
    so it is! make him stink.
    A new Motu line, again at last!

Alright Spock

But as a company whose goal is money , you would think they could come up with a solution to make everyone happy.

I mean if they think they will loose even 1 sell based on the odor , they could do something.

They could just include one of those little perfume sample bottles you see in magazines with a stinky foul liquid that could be rubbed on the figure and put it in with the figure. That way the consumer could choose if they want stink or non stink. Cheaper than two versions.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I mean if they think they will loose even 1 sell based on the odor , they could do something.
    Sorry, but corporate capitalism doesn't really care about small minorities in the customer base. Sad, but true.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Back to the subject if Stinkor did not smell he would not be Stinkor. Nearly everybody and I mean everybody wants him to smell. As I said earlier if his smell causes you trouble that sucks but to ask for special treatment or to change something specifically for you and maybe a few others and not think about the thousands who want him to smell is selfish. I see this kind of behavior come up way to often on here.
    Sy-Klone couldn’t twirl and Thunder Punch He-Man won’t have a thunderous punch. So a MOTUC figures namesake really doesn’t guarantee anything. This isn’t a case of someone preferring something to be a certain way. I would prefer for Man at Arms to have been in classic toy colors rather than card art colors. But I still can physically handle the figure even if I don’t like the color scheme. What we are talking about is quite literally a mild disability which would prevent some people from even being able to handle a particular product.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    Maybe TG can step in and tell us if it is possible to produce 2/3 stinky and 1/3 without odors. They could do a running change on moss Man with flocking.

I know that the smell is mixed in the plastic to stay alive for longer, but also I don't really know the process in total, maybe it is possible to do it!

April is still far away and maybe TG can make it happen, cos it would totally stink if people who love the figure, cannot posses him, or only MOSC, just because of their allergies!
    I’m not sure about what the ratio should be. Since most people want him stinky they should make that one part of the sub. But I do think that Mattel could offer some non-stinky ones on the day of sale like they did with Moss-Man.

None of us need action figures. We're talking about wants here, not needs.
    Last edited by FAKER II; September 28, 2011 at 11:55am.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Ok, so, thank you to all who put a name to Stinkors smell. I of course googled it and it's true, their are oils and perfumes/colognes made with this (patchoulie)...so I'm not as concerned as much as I was before.

@Arkangel - You might be right. I might get that first whif of him and it might just bring me down memory lane! AH NASTALGIA!!

JEEEZEE...if u dont like the smell dont open or buy it ...if u have a sub sell it!!..done...
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; September 28, 2011 at 02:00pm.
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

If it's a danger to your health don't buy it.

If you ordered a subscription before Stinkor was announced and Mattel sends him autoimatically to your house, you can sue and probably get enough of a settlement to make your own run of stinkless Stinkors.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I see wheres he's coming from totally, in the 80's my mom thew stinky out cause the smell got her sick from allergies, to this day its a sore spot lol, but I always taunt her Im gunna buy another and mail it to her.

However.... Im fine with him smelling, just not over powering! Oddly my MossMan stinks terribly and he was outside for a month to rid the smell......... VERY odd.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I don´t want him to smell either. The figure is so cool, but I don´t want my collection to stink like my vintage one does. It would be awesome if they made a run of non smelling stinkors like they did with flocked ears moss man. If not this figure will be outdoors for life.

Heroic Warrior
    NO. Leave Stinkor alone. If you can't hack the smell just don't buy it.

LEAVE STINKOR AS HE IS.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Exactly. Does it suck for you? Absolutely. But that's the hand you were dealt. Is a toy worth a health issue? I would certainly hope not.

I disagree with your comments. I don't think your comparisons are in the same category as this subject. Back to the subject if Stinkor did not smell he would not be Stinkor. Nearly everybody and I mean everybody wants him to smell. As I said earlier if his smell causes you trouble that sucks but to ask for special treatment or to change something specifically for you and maybe a few others and not think about the thousands who want him to smell is selfish. I see this kind of behavior come up way to often on here.
    And I disagree with your comments.

Whether someone requests a change because of an olfactory, medical condition or because of personal preference, the fact remains they are asking for a change.

Who are you, who are WE as a community to decide who is selfish and who is rational?

And of course he would be Stinkor if he didn't smell.

To take you literally, the Cosmic Key isn't opening any portals to Earth, but it's still the Cosmic Key.

To take you at a vintage purist level, most of the characters are missing their action features, but they are still who they are.

I personally want my Stinkor to stink.

But I don't think anybody is being selfish if they don't want their Stinkor to.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Please no. I look forward to the patchuli smell!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    stinkor will smell? is this official?
    Stinkor will STINK to be more precise

Court Magician
    I would rather Stinkor not have a smell myself. I really do not see the point. I mean who goes around sniffing their figures ?
    I would have thought the same but apparently Bow has a heart on his crotch. Who checks out their figures crotches, Really!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by julez6 View Post
    I would have thought the same but apparently Bow has a heart on his crotch. Who checks out their figures crotches, Really!!!!!
    Touché.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scb View Post
    if it's a danger to your health don't buy it.
    roflmao!!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    HE HAS A SUB! MATTY IS FORCING POISON INTO HIS HOUSE AND UP HIS NOSE!!!

but seriously, if he has a sub, he doesn't have much of a choice. hopefully the smell doesn't escape the box and he can just leave it in there.