Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUCFigures.com figure photos & video spotlights!

MOTUCFigures.com figure photos & video spotlights!

Hey guys!

First- My apologies for this lengthy initial post... but there's a lot of info crammed in here that I'd like to keep at the start of this thread.

After having a bunch of org members come up to us at Power-Con this past weekend asking if Blaze was ever going to join the forums, I decided to start this thread about the figure photos and video spotlights we post at our page, http://www.motucfigures.com. This way, I can sign Blaze up on the forums and let him post in this thread (without having to worry about him treading into threads that he shouldn't be involved in, since he's only 9 ).

For those unfamiliar with what we do at my site- I started off by just doing photo setups with each figure as it came in, with quick little thoughts posted about each one. I quickly realized that others did a much better and faster job on written reviews than I did, so that went away pretty quick. But I didn't just want to post pictures and call it a day. Blaze and I had such great discussions about each figure as they came in, but I had trouble putting that into written words... So we thought it would be easier to just record our thoughts and post a video spotlight with the pictures. That way we can get all our feelings on the figure and bio across in the video, and the pictures could be used to get clear stationary views of the character we were discussing. So we switched over to that format back in February, and covered these releases:

King Grayskull (SDCC Version)

King Grayskull (Bronze Version)

King Grayskull (Spirit Version)

After these initial three, I realized that the "digital timeline" effect and editing was taking way too much time, so we streamlined it down to an off-the-cuff, no-editing conversation instead. This is the format we find most comfortable and will be the one we use in all future spotlights. We are playing catchup now, but as new figures come in, we take a break on catchup to focuse on that month's release. Here are links to all the posts containing video spotlights up to this point:

Older releases-

Beast Man

He-Man

Skeletor

Stratos

Faker

Mer-Man

Zodac

Hordak

Man-At-Arms

"Current" releases-

Zodac (DCUC Vs. MOTUC Version)

Queen Marlena

Captain Glenn

Cringer

Battle Armor Faker (DCUC Vs. MOTUC)

Megator

Man-E-Faces

And that's it up to this point... Starting with the next one, I'll make a post when a new video goes up. That way Blaze can pop on here and comment too whenever we finish one.

And if you made it all the way through all that, kudos to you my friend!

-Sallah

Just watched some of your videos for the first time. Fantastic, they are. You and your son do an awesome job.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I too love what you and Blaze do. Watched every video so far and they are always great. It's awesome to see 2 generations sharing their MOTU love. What you guys (as well as Patrick and Jeffrey) do is totally awesome!

If I had kids I would totally brainwash them with all the wonderful things we grew up with.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Sallah: I've said this before, but can say it over again ... great site, great content, thanks for sharing the MOTU love (and I mean for beyond just the photos and reviews)!

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the kind words!

Sallah

Sallah, just wanted to chip in and say I too love your videos/discussions with Blaze (and I 'm also very jealous of your amazing display cases in the background!!).

One of the reasons I got back into toy collecting, and especially MOTU, was that I saw it as a hobby I could share with my son (granted he's only 2 at the moment) in the future.

Seeing your vids made me realise I made the right decision and I look forward to having the same discussion/debates and seeing his thoughts on what in my opinion is the best toyline ever.

Keep up the great work - (but go easy on Stratos!).

Another big fan here Sallah ! You and Blaze make it fun to watch.

Yo, J-Rock. Still waiting on the next commercial, Broseph. (This is my d-bag voice.) I vote for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bwjenkins View Post
    Yo, J-Rock. Still waiting on the next commercial, Broseph. (This is my d-bag voice.) I vote for this one.
    Fo Shizzle

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    L O V E it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bwjenkins View Post
    You guys just want to see me hitting the exercise bike...

That one is towards the top of our list, but we are working on 2 others at the moment...

EDIT- Though it's not a figure review, we did post a new video this morning focusing on our Power-Con experience. Warning- It's our longest video (20 minutes!) so you may want to grab a snack...

MOTUCFigures.com Power-Con Review

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; October 2, 2011 at 08:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Poor Kid , Drooling and Yawning throughout the whole video. I bet he was sacked out not too long after the recording .

The start of the video had me cracking up. "Don't mention that !" HAHA

Excellent video , It sounds like there was so much to Power Con. I am really going to make sure I go next year. It just sounds like an amazing time.

But I will make sure to work out different dining accommodations , Burger King for Breakfast , Lunch , and Dinner sounds dreadful ! and you are braver than I to even try a California Whopper. guacamole on a burger ? ick.

Another awesome video , keep it up , I will look forward to the next one !

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    You guys just want to see me hitting the exercise bike...

That one is towards the top of our list, but we are working on 2 others at the moment...

EDIT- Though it's not a figure review, we did post a new video this morning focusing on our Power-Con experience. Warning- It's our longest video (20 minutes!) so you may want to grab a snack...

MOTUCFigures.com Power-Con Review

Sallah
    Great video. One of my favorites, so far.

I was thinking, if you guys had let me know, I could have taken you somewhere else for food. I had my car right out front. I didn't realize your gastronomic plight or I would have suggested it then. Anyway, something to remember for next year.
    mymotumemories.com

Hurricane Hordak gets his page up at our site today! Check out the new pictures and our video spotlight... Oh, and the spotlight is a different format this time due to camera issues (as we explain at the start of the video), but we hope you guys still enjoy it. Until we get that fixed, the next few may be like this just so we don't get too far behind. Check it out here:

Hurricane Hordak

And since I'm here... we also posted a quick video (while the camera was still working) last Friday about a commissioned piece of art we picked up. If you'd like to check that one out, it's here:

"Trap Jaw Vs. Man-E-Faces" by Chris Faccone

Thanks guys! And expect Blaze to be chiming in here soon...

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; October 11, 2011 at 10:08am.

Great video as always , but from this fan , do not consider keeping this format , you lose a lot of the personable fun interaction that makes your videos what they are.

Your videos are always unique and entertaining and the first ones I go to watch. Don't fix what is not broken

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
    Great video as always , but from this fan , do not consider keeping this format , you lose a lot of the personable fun interaction that makes your videos what they are.

Your videos are always unique and entertaining and the first ones I go to watch. Don't fix what is not broken
    Oh no worries... We are going back to the old format as soon as the Flip is back to working status. We just knew it had been while since we'd done a figure spotlight and wanted to get something up and going ASAP before we got too far behind.

But yeah- Once the Flip is back, expect the return of our cheesy mugs!

Sallah

Snappy Threader
    Great as always, I love your site.

Our camera is fixed! Woo hoo! Just finished up new pictures and a video spotlight for Tri-Klops! Check it out here:

Tri-Klops Evil Spy For Skeletor

Thanks guys!

Sallah

Another great video ! and Welcome to the Forum Blaze.

Great job on the videos! Very cool, very fun!

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    Another great video. Welcome to the forums Blaze! Tri-Klops is a figure that really stood out for me and I really like the figure. Looking forward to the Leech spotlight
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

Heroic Warrior
    I really enjoyed the Tri-Klops review. Tri-Klops was both one of my three first vintage figures (got him, Skeletorand Mekaneck for Christmas) as well as my very first Classics figure ever, so he has always been a huge part of my MOTU world, and I got really excited when I saw that you were reviewing him next!

Your best video yet. The guest cameo of Youngest Sawyer was a great bonus. My experience with the toyline is opposite to yours; it was always a toy to me first and a cartoon second so, whenever I was able to get a new one, I would always pick out what I thought was the most interesting on the shelf. Hence, I had Tri-Klops very early on in my collecting career. He has always been one of my favorites. It's nice to see your opinions of the figure. I still have yet to acquire this one but he's at the top of my list.
    mymotumemories.com

Glad you guys enjoyed it! Blaze will chime in soon hear and express his thanks too I'm sure...

Sallah

Thanks guys! Glad you guys like our videos.

Blaze