Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MOTUCFigures.com figure photos & video spotlights!

Thanks guys!

More updates today...

The next battle in the "Ultimate Battleground Battle Bracket" is up: Tri-Klops Vs. She-Ra

...and Battleground Evil-Lyn now has her page up at the site! New pictures and a video spotlight await at the link below...This one gets a little slap-happy and I accidentally blow the whole "tooth fairy" thing for Blaze at the end. Enjoy!

Battleground Evil-Lyn, Evil Witch Of Eternia

Sallah

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I love the part where you're talking about the staff. "It comes with 2 balls..." {dead silence for a little bit, then both start to crack up} "...2 STONES."
    Does Galactus fart?

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Maybe this will be easier than saying Unhelmeted head.

Helmet less Head

Great video as usual. Always entertaining!

~Ally
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Nice work, guys! Another kewl video and entertaining too.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    I love the part where you're talking about the staff. "It comes with 2 balls..." {dead silence for a little bit, then both start to crack up} "...2 STONES."
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Adora View Post
    Great video as usual. Always entertaining!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Nice work, guys! Another kewl video and entertaining too.
    Thanks everybody! After watching it back, I think this might be my favorite one that we have done so far.

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Thanks everybody! After watching it back, I think this might be my favorite one that we have done so far.

Sallah
    I think this one might be my favorite one too.
    mymotumemories.com

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That was pretty funny. I laughed when you said "I'm sorry if you like it" about BG Evil-Lyn. I never really thought about it how you put it...about kids and who would want to play with the powerless mom figure. Ouch.

I was so bitterly disappointed when we first saw her, and I'm still a bit sore about the whole situation, but I do like her because of her colouring and paint job. Even though she's not what anyone asked for (not MYP or Filmation), I do like her colouring.

I still hope for a 200X version though. I miss her skirt and bone-bra most. ALL MOTUC females need two piece outfits now. All one-piece outfits should be retired. I hope someone melts down the mold for that Teela dress so it never gets used again.

Heck, if they could find a way to release a clip-on skirt for MOTUC Evil-Lyn, I might be okay with that at this point. Your pictures of BG Evil-Lyn are gorgeous, by the way! I especially love the one posted in this thread.

A+ to Blaze for thinking of the Ram Stone fitting in her hand. Can Count Marzo's Amulet fit in her hand too? She bribed him with it in the MYP series...then he slapped her. Our very own Count Marzo had that as his avatar for a LONG time. It broke my heart having to see her get slapped non-stop everyday.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 30, 2011 at 02:07am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    A+ to Blaze for thinking of the Ram Stone fitting in her hand. Can Count Marzo's Amulet fit in her hand too?
    I didn't even think to check! I will tonight and I'll let ya know...

2 more updates today...

First- For those participating in the "Ultimate Battleground Battle Bracket"- The latest battle is now up...

Did the jaundiced jane Evil-Lyn manage to defeat the super suction of Leech? Find out here- Evil-Lyn Vs. Leech!

...and then we take a slight detour from the MOTUC figures to take a look at some MOTUC-inspired custom plushes! I first saw these at Power-Con and feel head over heels for 'em...

More pictures and a video spotlight here- MOTU Plush Characters

Sallah

James , I must say the video review of the Plushies is my favorite video by far.

It was really fun to watch all 3 of the Sawyer men together at once.

You have me jealous of the plush , LOL I am trying to get in with her to make me some. She is so busy though.

Some folks e-mailed & commented with requests for an updated look at our MOTU Classics display (which you can see behind us in the videos)... Well, here ya go!

An Updated Look At Our MOTUC Display...

Sallah

Great collection, Jimmy.
    mymotumemories.com

A behind the scenes peek eh ? very nice

So do you move the sofa every time you do a new video ?

and don't you have a Star Trek Room Also ? I would like to see that too.

Wow. Can I come over?

Is that a vac metal He-ro!? It looked so much shinier than the original. If so, do you have pictures on your site? (I'm about to check)

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    WOW! Great collection, James! I love that you've got several Wind Raiders and plenty of pilots. And that Thai poster is gorgeous! Those colours are incredible!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Awesome set-up Sallah.

And I just had to order a Skeletor plush!!

Heroic Warrior
    I stumbled over your blog today and loved it! What you have to say totally makes sense and it's really funny. "Evil Lyn's gotta calm down, man!"

I've added it to my MOTUC link list and I am looking forward to forthcoming figure reviews. You know what? Both Blaze and you should be a guest on the Gooble. By the way, have you got an account over at mattycollector as well?
    Last edited by rewkee; January 3, 2012 at 08:15am.

Sallah
    It's definitely my favorite! Great work, and thanks for putting a smile ony face

Some folks e-mailed & commented with requests for an updated look at our MOTU Classics display (which you can see behind us in the videos)... Well, here ya go!

An Updated Look At Our MOTUC Display...

Sallah
    Very nice display there. It's so clean. Your Eternia has a track... Sigh... . Love the other room too.
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 3, 2012 at 10:45am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bwjenkins View Post
    Great collection, Jimmy.
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
    So do you move the sofa every time you do a new video ?
    Yep! But it is on those furniture slide things so it isn't a big deal. The cases make a better background than the wall...

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Wow. Can I come over? Is that a vac metal He-ro!? (I'm about to check)
    If you're in the area, head on over! And no, it's just a standard He-Ro. I think the glass just adds a glare to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    WOW! Great collection, James! I love that you've got several Wind Raiders and plenty of pilots. And that Thai poster is gorgeous! Those colours are incredible!
    That Thai poster if my fav of the bunch I think. The colors just pop!

Quote Originally Posted by SkeleChris View Post
    Awesome set-up Sallah. And I just had to order a Skeletor plush!!
    Those plushes rule! Good luck buying just one... It is very addicting.

Quote Originally Posted by rewkee View Post
    I stumbled over your blog today and loved it! What you have to say totally makes sense and it's really funny. "Evil Lyn's gotta calm down, man!"

I've added it to my MOTUC link list and I am looking forward to forthcoming figure reviews. You know what? Both Blaze and you should be a guest on the Gooble. By the way, have you got an account over at mattycollector as well?
    Thanks very much! I do have an account at Matty (it is also Sallah) but I don't post there very much. The org is home! As for Gooble- Though Blaze hasn't been on, I've done a few episodes as one of the Gooble "pinch hitters" (my real name is James Sawyer). In fact, you might just hear me on again a few episodes from now...

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It's definitely my favorite! Great work, and thanks for putting a smile ony face Very nice display there. It's so clean. Your Eternia has a track... Sigh... . Love the other room too.
    Glad you liked it! That BG Evil-Lyn one was a lot of fun... And thanks for the compliment on the display! That is actually all original track. The trick to assembling it without breaking it was to dremel off all the little locking tabs first. Then I just heated them up and slid them together. Holds together great, and I didn't risk any cracks from snapping them into place.

And now for today's updates!

First- A new battle video is up! Was the blue behemoth Faker able to defeat the feline ferocity of Chief Carnivus? Find out here:

Faker Vs. Chief Carnivus

Second- King Randor's page gets an update!

More pictures and a video spotlight here: King Randor, Heroic Ruler Of Eternia

Thanks!

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; January 3, 2012 at 11:43am.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Awww, Trap-Jaw has never looked so cuddly!
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Love what you've been doing recently over at your YouTube page. The videos are getting really good. I love seeing Keaton making an effort to get involved.

What are we thinking about the new forums?
    mymotumemories.com

Yes your videos and your twitter is all that kept me sane during these dark days without the .org

Love what you've been doing recently over at your YouTube page. The videos are getting really good. I love seeing Keaton making an effort to get involved.

What are we thinking about the new forums?
    Thanks man! We are really trying to get as much content as we can up... which can sometimes be challenging with school, work, and family stuff. Glad you are digging it!

Gotta get used to the new forums still. I miss the old look, but I am sure the new one will grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon View Post
    Yes your videos and your twitter is all that kept me sane during these dark days without the .org
    Thanks man! Really appreciate that...

Speaking of the dark days- here's what all happened at my site during the great org blackout of 2012:

First, the winner of the next battle in the "Ultimate Battleground Battle Bracket" is up-

Panthor Vs. Mo-Larr

Next, the boys and I did a video looking back at each of our top 3 favorite MOTUC releases of 2011 and we reveal which figure we are looking forward to most in 2012-

Our Favorite MOTUC Releases of 2012!

And lastly, a new continuing segment debuts at the site today- Blaze's MOTUC Theater! If you watched our Christmas video, you may be aware that Blaze got an iPod touch for Christmas. One of the new features on the iPod touch is the ability to record and send videos. Well, on the day I went back to work, Blaze sent me a steady stream of funny MOTUC shorts that he thought up and filmed with his figures using the touch. I really got a kick out of seeing what his 9-year-old imagination and oddball sense of humor came up with. So after I got home, I asked if he might want to use my camera and start doing little shorts with his figures at home so we could add them to the site. He of course was all over this idea.

So what you see here is totally from the mind of Blaze. I edited the video and added the text segments he wanted, but everything else was totally him and will continue to be completely from him for as long as he wants to do these. Hope you guys get as much of a kick out of these as I do and that they provide a brief distraction from our sometimes boring adult lives...

Blaze's MOTUC Theater Episode 1: King Randor's Special Mission

*Phew" And that should be about it!

Sallah

That's a lot of new content you guys have put in. Keep up the good work.
    mymotumemories.com

That's a lot of new content you guys have put in. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks buddy...

The Demo-Man video spotlight is uploading to youtube as I type this... His page update should be up in a few hours. I had a TON of fun photographing him and the Alcala Skeletor!

Sallah

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    The videos are super funny!!!!