Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early access, where is it?

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar

Early access, where is it?

According to Matty:
    The Early Access period for subscribers is Monday, January 14th at 8am PT through Tuesday, January 15th at 8am PT. For January, the figures are Horde Prime™ and Griffin™.
    It's well past 8:20am PT on January 14th and still nothing shows up on the Early Access portal.

EarlyAccess.jpg

And don't get me started on the absurd navigation design of the portal which, among other things, keeps logging me out whenever I dare click on any link within the portal.

So this information technology wonder is what took the geniuses at DR one whole year to get programmed and tested.

EDIT: Around 8:30am (half an hour late), the Griffin and HP finally showed up. But guess what? They're trying to charge $30.15 to ship one $35 Griffin.

They're also trying to charge $21.70 to ship one Panthor (was $9.95 during 2012), and $38.25 to ship one Battle Cat (was $22.10 during 2012). And I'm talking about the supposedly "cheap" unregistered ground shipping option that takes around one month to get delivered and offers no guarantee whatsoever. If I choose the expensive, registered-mail private-carrier option (which is 100%-assured to make packages get sorely stung with an extra $30 charge by customs, and therefore not really an option), the $30.15, $21.70, and $38.25 charges become $38.15 for Griffin, $33.55 for Panthor, and $42.70 for Battle Cat.

What kind of unfunny joke is this, Matty?
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 14, 2013 at 11:58am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    It won't even let me log in. I must say, I'm not very surprised. There's nothing I want in there this month that I don't already have, or have coming, but it would be nice if it worked and I was able to access something that my membership entails and we were promised.

There's no excuse why there would be a difference in shipping between Battle Cat, Panthor and Griffin. This is just a way of Mattel/DR to make extra profit without 'raising prices'.

Let me guess... ToyGuru is gonna answer this one with: 'We're always looking into new shipping methods.'

I was just about to order a Griffin, but now I'm turning to the secondary market which is a lot cheaper!

I STILL have not ever even received my early access email yet... NO CLUE why not. An Customer service has NO CLUE what I am talkign about when I ask, 3 reps even told me they dont allow early access to products. ...[facepalm]... "their left hand has no idea what the right is doing"...

BUT!!! I can "FINALLY" log in using my email address on the sub page. But I can not for any reason access the early access page, when the page loads it says this in big bold red...

EMAIL_ADDRESS_NOT_VALID_FOR_PURCHASE_PLAN_ACTIVATI ON

....I contacted them. Due to a hijacker stealing my email address I signed up with originally, I can not ever use early access. An from what I was told, they can NOT change a email address out on a sub order FOR EARLY ACCESS.

......talk about frustrating... lol...
    Last edited by Replikor; January 14, 2013 at 12:47pm.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    EDIT: Around 8:30am (half an hour late), the Griffin and HP finally showed up. But guess what? They're trying to charge $30.15 to ship one $35 Griffin.

They're also trying to charge $21.70 to ship one Panthor (was $9.95 during 2012), and $38.25 to ship one Battle Cat (was $22.10 during 2012). And I'm talking about the supposedly "cheap" unregistered ground shipping option that takes around one month to get delivered and offers no guarantee whatsoever. If I choose the expensive, registered-mail private-carrier option (which is 100%-assured to make packages get sorely stung with an extra $30 charge by customs, and therefore not really an option), the $30.15, $21.70, and $38.25 charges become $38.15 for Griffin, $33.55 for Panthor, and $42.70 for Battle Cat.

What kind of unfunny joke is this, Matty?
    International shipping went really high for this year and those prices just reflect that. Also those high shipping prices were one of the reasons, I did not sub for this year.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

I've got one better for you... after you add the griffin to your cart... click the MattyCollector Logo in the top left corner, then look at your cart. The Griffin goes up to $350!

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    International shipping went really high for this year and those prices just reflect that. Also those high shipping prices were one of the reasons, I did not sub for this year.
    The international shipping charge has actually doubled. I've checked my June 2012 invoice and one Griffin shipped for $15.55. They're now charging $30.15. Two figures shipped for $9.95 in 2012 and now they're charging $21.70. And that's for the slow unregistered option that offers no guarantee whatsoever.

I find this hidden price increase to be absolutely OUTRAGEOUS.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 14, 2013 at 12:23pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Just bought several hundred Griffins and Horde Primes. Sure is nice to buy these now before they sell out tomorrow.

I feel for you International collectors...those shipping prices are off the chain! Apparently normal U.S. shipping went up again as well. It was $8.70 a few days ago, and now it's $9.90!

Yikes! I was planning on buying a few figures tomorrow, but now I will likely just buy one (if that). I might decide to just take my chances on Amazon to try and find Netossa cheap.

Heroic Warrior
    I just ordered a Griffin with no problems. Of course, I'm still waiting for my Mosquitor and Procrustus. The post office has lost them, and DR is "still looking into it."
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Just bought several hundred Griffins and Horde Primes. Sure is nice to buy these now before they sell out tomorrow.
    How dare you! You dirty Scalp-Or! Now I can't buy the 1000 Griffins I was planning to buy tomorrow at noon.

On a real side note, I'm was surprised that Horde Prime was $27 on the Early Access... I figured that they would give the subscribors the $25 price... Silly me!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I was going to think about getting Griffin, but screw it, $50 with shipping **** on that, early access is a joke so far, can't get the figures cheaper only a day early, can't combine shipping....

If I was going to spend $50 for Griffin, I might just as well buy him from BBTS, and leave him in the POL for a while. So much for it being a true perk....if they really wanted to make it special, they could have done sub prices on Early access, for like an hour or something, and then raise it....

DR shipping is a scam and a rip off, I can still go to the post office myself and mail something Priority and only pay $7.80 to ship it to CA, I know, I just sent a Leader Class movie Starscream to CA for that much and it was received in 3 days. There's no way DR doesn't get a bulk discount for shipping, no matter what option it is, All businesses that ship like that do.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 14, 2013 at 01:18pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I was going to think about getting Griffin, but screw it, $50 with shipping **** on that, early access is a joke so far, can't get the figures cheaper only a day early, can't combine shipping....
    Ya know, I'm starting to realize that having a subscription is actually a hinderence and not a benefit this year. Here are my issues:

1. Early Access is great, but why do we have to pay the increased prices? Shouldn't we get the reduced sub prices??
    2. Early access should include the ability to order extra subscription figures too. Otherwise--and this is the huge issue-- we pay THREE TIMES THE SHIPPING:

We pay shipping for our sub items
    If we order early access, we pay shipping for those
    If we order day of sale item to get extra sub figures, we pay full shipping

THREE TIMES THE SHIPPING!

Why can't the sub ship later and combine shipping for Early Access and Day of Sale? We're getting hit hard with shipping for something that was supposed to be a benefit to us. Not to mention, we have to buy ALL the figures too.

So, unless you want ALL the figures, have no desire to buy Early Access, and will never need extra sub figures, you're kind of getting shafted by having a subscription this year.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    And people wonder why I pay a little more buying from another e-tailer rather than dealing with Matty...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I put Griffin in my cart shipping was 12$ + 2$ tax.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Ya know, I'm starting to realize that having a subscription is actually a hinderence and not a benefit this year. Here are my issues:

1. Early Access is great, but why do we have to pay the increased prices? Shouldn't we get the reduced sub prices??
    2. Early access should include the ability to order extra subscription figures too. Otherwise--and this is the huge issue-- we pay THREE TIMES THE SHIPPING:

We pay shipping for our sub items
    If we order early access, we pay shipping for those
    If we order day of sale item to get extra sub figures, we pay full shipping

THREE TIMES THE SHIPPING!

Why can't the sub ship later and combine shipping for Early Access and Day of Sale? We're getting hit hard with shipping for something that was supposed to be a benefit to us. Not to mention, we have to buy ALL the figures too.

So, unless you want ALL the figures, have no desire to buy Early Access, and will never need extra sub figures, you're kind of getting shafted by having a subscription this year.
    I hear you, i got 2 subs cuz i knew i would want multiples of most figures. The only figure I will buy on DOS is Ram-man and whenever Matty gets to making Horde troopers. Other than that, 2 is fine for me. If I need an older figure, ill compare the prices before I just settle on buying directly from Matty.

I do want Strobo, so I'm gonna have to bite bullet on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    And people wonder why I pay a little more buying from another e-tailer rather than dealing with Matty...
    This is where DOS buyers will likely go, DOS stock will have nothing to do with it, it will be the DOS price plus shipping that will do it....

Look at it....$27 + $10 shipping USPS, to the US....$37....these things are not worth $37 direct from the retail source. I would rather pay for the few figures I want from BBTS ultimately save on shipping from their POL system. And end up paying the same or less than Matty without all the headaches.... BBTS deals with Matty if something is wrong, not us.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Heroic Warrior
    Early access should've included sub prices. The only figures ill jump on during Early access is a re-release of Teela, if it ever happens, and Strobo.

Getting nigh on 5 years in.... and we still have issues? Wow, way to go, Mattel. I don't know if the fact things are still fugged up is the worst part...or that there seems to be ZERO accountability. If I failed doing something for five years in a row...man, there would be questions as to who I know and why the fix seems to be in!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I STILL have not ever even received my early access email yet... NO CLUE why not. An Customer service has NO CLUE what I am talkign about when I ask, 3 reps even told me they dont allow early access to products. ...[facepalm]... "their left hand has no idea what the right is doing"...

BUT!!! I can "FINALLY" log in using my email address on the sub page. But I can not for any reason access the early access page, when the page loads it says this in big bold red...

EMAIL_ADDRESS_NOT_VALID_FOR_PURCHASE_PLAN_ACTIVATI ON

....I contacted them. Due to a hijacker stealing my email address I signed up with originally, I can not ever use early access. An from what I was told, they can NOT change a email address out on a sub order FOR EARLY ACCESS.

......talk about frustrating... lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
    I've got one better for you... after you add the griffin to your cart... click the MattyCollector Logo in the top left corner, then look at your cart. The Griffin goes up to $350!

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    Getting nigh on 5 years in.... and we still have issues? Wow, way to go, Mattel. I don't know if the fact things are still fugged up is the worst part...or that there seems to be ZERO accountability. If I failed doing something for five years in a row...man, there would be questions as to who I know and why the fix seems to be in!

A clean launch. Here's to another year of Digital River!

Oh wait....You can't even add essentials to your Early access orders.....each cart is a separate cart, the Early access cart and the main site cart....

Wow, what the hell?
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Best toy tip I've seen all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post

Drewsky...

This sucks. I'm not paying $362 for one Griffin!

This sucks. I'm not paying $362 for one Griffin!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...11AD1E53CC.jpg
    Damn thing wasn't worth the $30 I paid last year for it. The softer plastic used makes the wings all droopy, it sucks.

Mine came in great condition, but $362 is too steep.

You should sell them to your local Wal-Mart, and take a picture to post on facebook.
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!