Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power-Con Hauls - Show us what you got!

Power-Con Hauls - Show us what you got!

Power-con was a blast! I'd love to see what scores and goodies everyone walked away with...

Also if anyone could possibly hook me up with a Tim Seeley signed print of the gorgeous Con Program cover, lmk as he sold out while I was in line on Sunday.

Anyway, I'll start...Looking forward to Power-Con '12!!

Thanks Scott & Four Horsemen!!

Thanks Val & Emiliano!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    WOW!!! Very nice!!!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I was hoping a thread like this would pop up!

I'll have to snap some pics tonight!

Oh, yeah, Nice haul I, Harbinger!!!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

This is some of our haul

Sagitar by the talented Tim Seeley

Lynx-O again by the talented Tim Seeley (It is Power-Con/Thundercon)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Awesome thread!! Congrats guys!!

Just took some quick pics with my iPhone. I had some comics that I asked Earl and Emiliano to sign. Need to get Val's signature next time!!!

I won this bust during the Pediatric AIDS auction. Baena painted it; I'm sad to say that I don't remember who sculpted it . It's mesmerizing. her eyes are scary and I love the horde baton on her back

I got the Clamp Champ as a gift at the con. Thank you to the giver
    And I bought the Power and Honor book - it's amazing.

I bought the red Hurricane parts from my favorite Spy Monkey Creations (including the saw, laser, and handle). CANNOT wait for their interchangeable parts set.

Bought this Zodak head too. I THINK it was from MasterEnglish - who also had Protos for a new weapons set with the coolest shield. That set wasn't ready for purchase. The shield in this pic is from Spy Monkey from a while back.

My cells signed by Alan Oppenheimer, Melendy Britt, and Tom Sito, along with the POP print furnished by the Power & Honor Foundation (I forgot to ask For signatures!!).

Customs bought at con. The pink sword was another auction piece I won.

Last edited by bcrduke; September 28, 2011 at 08:57pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thanks guys - I highly recommend going to anyone who can next year!

@bcrduke That Zodak head is awesome!!

@Markatisu I don't remember seeing the mini comics anywhere, but I think I was standing behind you when you asked Tim for the Lynx-O sketch!

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    @Markatisu I don't remember seeing the mini comics anywhere, but I think I was standing behind you when you asked Tim for the Lynx-O sketch!
    Scott was giving them out at the Mattel booth on Saturday after the mini-comic panel. He had a huge stack of them and was offering to sign them (I got him and Tim to sign one as I already had a unsigned one from SDCC).

Did you get a sketch from Tim? He had his iPad with him so he told me he could do any character. I was trying to challenge him
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

@bcrduke That Zodak head is awesome
    It fits really well too. I love it. It's variation!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Did you get a sketch from Tim? He had his iPad with him so he told me he could do any character. I was trying to challenge him
    I tried to get one but he was swamped. I was going to ask him to do New Adventures She-Ra. She's mentioned as being recruited along with He-Man in Flipshot's bio, so I wondered if maybe she appears in one of the upcoming mini-comics. Some think that version will be Starburst She-Ra.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Very humble compared to what everyone else has, but here goes...

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    bcrduke, that Adora is gorgeous, if not stunning!!! She is absolutely bewitching...

And yay, you got a Fun-Dar sword!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm officially jealous of all of you!

Wow, even Melendy Britt's signature is gorgeous! She truly is one of a kind.

I LOVE your Sagitar pic Mark. Totally badass! I hope he looks that friggin fantastic in MOTUC.

I can't believe that She-Ra group pic was there! I had the art card from the limited SotS set, but I have ALWAYS wanted a larger version. I love that picture so much! SUPER jealous!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Well, to be honest I did'nt get all that much stuff.
    But the stuff I did get was on the pricy side.

I was on a tight budget this year, so I kept myself busy working the Con.

Ok so yeah I bought a coulple of weird random things. Namely Geroge Bush as a Zombie and an Awesome Skeleton Warrior/ Grim Reaper figure.
    Thing is I don't collect art all that much, mostly figures and aside from the Custom figures that were not for sale, on the MOTU front there was not much I didn't have figure wise.

Even though I don't collect art, I think the gem of my trip and my loot was the awesome Shadow Weaver Canvas Painting by Riccardo Nicholls.
    and the Power and Honor Catalog, which I have been way to busy to get too far into.

Oh yeah and I also got 2 of the display cases that were used in the art room!
    Thanks to Val selling them for dirt cheap. They made it home from L.A.o San Diego without breaking!

Attached Images Attached Images

I, Harbinger, what is that He-Man pic at the bottom right corner with the blue background???
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Chibi Tiger Shark Art is Amazing , I am truly jealous.
    Last edited by Son of Keldor; September 29, 2011 at 10:49am. Reason: quoted pics removed

Quote Originally Posted by superheman View Post
    Very humble compared to what everyone else has, but here goes...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pDfMD8od4z...ercon_haul.JPG
    there's a 200X Sorcerous figure??? must have!!!
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    there's a 200X Sorcerous figure??? must have!!!
    It's a Staction..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Youīre so lucky I hate you so much
    I hope I can make it next year
    Congrats guys!

I NEARLY had the Thundercats toys in the display case before I was thwarted.

You are never too old to throw a temper tantrum.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

a Muppet of a man...
    Photos are a bit grainy, but here goes...

Donated to the foundation and got the book... highly recommended piece of work!

Tim Seeley sketched this awesome Evil-Lyn (actually this is in mrs.ward's possession now! )

Got the Spy Monkey chainsaw for Hurricane Hordak...

Val signed a comic for me, and Emiliano signed a card from the DVD releases. Also got an autograph from ToyGuru on the 1st new minicomic...

Earl Norem signed my childhood Land Shark poster, and Mark Taylor and Ted Mayer both signed the old toy checklist! (Now I just need to find a place to put it )

And finally, the Four Horsemen's Outer Space Men! I didn't know much about this line, but I'm loving them. Can't wait for the next wave!

I didn't have any MOTUC stuff on the card for signing, so they signed an OSM figure for me. (The bubble is resealable, so I took the figure out )

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I won this bust during the Pediatric AIDS auction. Baena painted it; I'm sad to say that I don't remember who sculpted it . It's mesmerizing. her eyes are scary and I love the horde baton on her back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/62b51579.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/50dee737.jpg
    Hey bcrduke!

Congrats on the AMAZING haul!
    And congrats on winning the Adora bust!

The sculptor is Mike Cusanelli, he does all kinds of stuff for the industry, I want to say he's done many of the Marvel statues out there. Look him up, check out his site. He does a lot of pin-up type horror gals on his own. He's a very talented man. This bust is a resin kit from Tweeterhead productions.

I helped with the design of the bust. We were shooting for a more aggressive looking Horde Captain Adora, thus the meaner eyes, the harsher hair style, etc.

When it came to me doing the paints on her, I wanted her to be pale, but then there's a subtle spray of red around her eyes to give a more evil look to the character. Her costume colors were deliberate too for obvious reasons. This look for her is just a reflection of the Horde up-bringing she had, and where she had to come from. From being a powerful servant of evil, to then grow and become a most powerful force for good.

She's not the same scale as the NECA busts, but regardless, she should look pretty cool next to the Hordak NECA bust if you have one of those.

Enjoy the bust! So happy a fan such as yourself secured her. And thank you for your contribution to such an amazing and worth while auction.
    Last edited by Baena; September 29, 2011 at 12:47pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Baena, your paint job is amazing! I truly, deeply love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    She's not the same scale as the NECA busts, but regardless, she should look pretty cool next to the Hordak NECA bust if you have one of those.
    But this is a major letdown :-( After seeing your paintjob, I was sold and just wanted to try and get me one. But since it isnīt in scale, it would look off in my busts collection :-(
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Baena, your paint job is amazing! I truly, deeply love it!

But this is a major letdown :-( After seeing your paintjob, I was sold and just wanted to try and get me one. But since it isnīt in scale, it would look off in my busts collection :-(
    I understand the let down. Tweeterhead hopes to have a line of his own though. If you're looking to get kits, just head to his site. You can get the normal Adora as a kit right now. I'm not sure if he's made the Dark Adora and Beastman busts available yet. Keep and eye out if you change your mind!

I've no doubts you'd do amazing work with these kits.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

@markatisu Ah, I was only there Sun. I didn't get a sketch from Tim, he was sketching for someone else every time I walked by, and when I walked back over to get one of the program cover prints and he had sold out, I gave up. lol...Sagitar looks awesome too, that guys talent is sickening.

@mye-kah B That Shadow Weaver painting is creepy cool, what a great MOTU/POP collection piece. I wish I'd known the collection room displays needed a home as I've been looking for some and live up the street. Off to Ikea I go...

@oICEMANo That is a 200x He-Man print by Emiliano who was kind enough to sign it for me. He also had a very cool 200x Teela print at his table and did the two classic/filmation group shot prints I picked up as well (which are prob my faves).

@Shenlon The Tiger Sharks chibi style is from Lord Mesa who had a lot of great stuff at the con. Check him out at lordmesa.deviantart.com/gallery

@Scotward Love the toy checklist, what a great item to sign/frame!! How amazing is Earl Norem?

Is there anywhere online to purchase a Power & Honor Foundation catalog? Or one of those Tim Seeley Con Program Cover prints?

a Muppet of a man...
    @Scotward Love the toy checklist, what a great item to sign/frame!! How amazing is Earl Norem?

Is there anywhere online to purchase a Power & Honor Foundation catalog? Or one of those Tim Seeley Con Program Cover prints?
    I don't know about the Tim Seeley prints, but there's a thread about the Power & Honor catalogs in the Original toyline forum.

and on the amazing scale 1-10, Earl Norem is about 17.