Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Club Grayskull Sorceress support thread

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,558

    Club Grayskull Sorceress support thread

    Given how important a character she is and the difficulty in obtaining her motuc version I'm sure matty will eventually revisit her in the filmation club grayskull line. I figure it's never too early to start discussing to give mattel an idea What changes or improvements would you like to see matty do to her?

    I'm pretty satisfied with her torso and arms and headdress but her face needs a do over. I don't know if it was the sculpt itself or the paint job from the factory but she looks off. I'd like to see them
    Take another pass at the headsculpt and this time be more accurate to filmation and also give her closed lips. Im not a fan of the toothy smile. It worked for adora but doesn't suit the sorceress.

    Then they need to come up with a better execution of her wings. I'm not sure how to best approach that but something less rigid. Leaning towards a soft goods cape since the only other wings I've seen done recently were hasbros on the marvel legends spiderwoman and morbius which involved interchangeable. "Closed" and "open " looks. Also maintain the accurate all orange on the underside. I know the 4H thought doing two tone orange blue on the underside was more aesthetically pleasing but I would like to see the filmation release have the accurate all orange underside And maybe use teela or evil lyn filmation boots and tighter ankles. The first one had super loose ankles. And do a better Job placing her headdress on the headsculpt so there isn't huge forehead

    And would you want the same accessories repackaged(her vintage toy staff and Zoar) or some other artifacts from filmation that were associated with her?
    Last edited by degra; March 18, 2016 at 02:11am.
    ______________________
    Still wanting to buy one more Point Dread Teela PM

    please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Given how important a character she is and the difficulty in obtaining her motuc version I'm sure matty will eventually revisit her in the filmation club grayskull line. I figure it's never too early to start discussing to give mattel an idea What changes or improvements would you like to see matty do to her?

    I'm pretty satisfied with her torso and arms and headdress but her face needs a do over. I don't know if it was the sculpt itself or the paint job from the factory but she looks off. I'd like to see them
    Take another pass at the headsculpt and this time also give her closed lips. It'm not a fan of the toothy smile. It worked for adora but doesn't suit the sorceress.

    Then they need to come up with a better execution of her wings. I'm not sure how to best approach that but something less rigid. Also maintain the accurate all orange on the underside. I know the 4H thought doing two tone orange blue on the underside was more aesthetically pleasing but I would like to see the filmation release have the accurate all orange underside And maybe use teela or evil lyn filmation boots and tighter ankles. The first one had super loose ankles. And do a better Job placing her headdress on the headsculpt so there isn't huge forehead
    I'm fine with the existing figure as is except the wings. That would be the only rework I'd want to see.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canterbury, UK
    Posts
    784
    I'd certainly vote for two sets of removable wings that just plug into the back of the figure.
    One closed. One open. Job done.

  4. #4
    Heroic Hyperborean NorthCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,630
    One of my top choices for CG 2017.

    I'd love a new one with a set of wings that makes it easy to sit on the Grayskull throne. If there is a way to make one set of wings that can extend and allow for sitting that does not have the huge, ugly drums, that would be great.
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please make it!!!

  5. #5
    Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nomad Island, USA
    Posts
    1,217
    I don't like the wings of the one we have, as a big Filmation fan I don't see the need of another Sorceress, she looks very Filmation to me, her face sculp is gorgeous, she and Teela are the most beautiful female figures in MOTUC. But... If we get a more Filmation accurate Sorceress I'll more than happy to find room for her in my shelves.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

  6. #6
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,693
    For those of us who have her already from the motuc line I think the most important thing here is to include a Koduk Ungol head, that way it gives those that didnt have a chance to grab her when she was availible and then those that did either have that second display option or chose to display her with the koduk ungol head and have a brand new character. Thats really the only reason i want to pick up this character. kodak ungol.jpg

  7. #7
    Ravage ThunderCat blackiecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,067
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    For those of us who have her already from the motuc line I think the most important thing here is to include a Koduk Ungol head, that way it gives those that didnt have a chance to grab her when she was availible and then those that did either have that second display option or chose to display her with the koduk ungol head and have a brand new character. Thats really the only reason i want to pick up this character. kodak ungol.jpg
    I agree. It's the perfect opportunity to grab extra sales if the heads can be put on the MOTUC version as Filmation fans might grab 2 of her and non Filmation fans might buy her for the Kudok Ungol head and/or to customize a better MOTUC figure. They REALLY need to fix the wings though somehow on the Club Grayskull version so she can sit on the Grayskull throne or any future Filmation throne diorama.

    I wonder if we'd get Teela and Sorceress in the same year though? Might have to wait til 2018 for Sorceress
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior T-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.W. Indiana
    Posts
    773
    The Sorceress we already have looks just like the Filmation Sorceress to me. I too don't care for the wing design but I don't want another Sorceress which will pretty much look exactly the same.
    MYP SKELETOR , ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

  9. #9
    Royal Guard chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    7,408
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    For those of us who have her already from the motuc line I think the most important thing here is to include a Koduk Ungol head, that way it gives those that didnt have a chance to grab her when she was availible and then those that did either have that second display option or chose to display her with the koduk ungol head and have a brand new character. Thats really the only reason i want to pick up this character. kodak ungol.jpg
    I like this idea. Plus, a Club Grayskull Sorceress would be a way to correct the poorly executed wing articulation.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    I don't like the wings of the one we have, as a big Filmation fan I don't see the need of another Sorceress, she looks very Filmation to me, her face sculp is gorgeous.
    Look at the prototype for 1.0 and then tell me her figures face is gorgeous. To me after looking at images of filmation sorceress the 1.0 headsculpt is not only off from her filmation face but from the prototype. I definitely think they need to revisit her face in club grayskull
    ______________________
    Still wanting to buy one more Point Dread Teela PM

    please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

  11. #11
    Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The Dark Hemisphere
    Posts
    4,774
    she should not have wings at all. It's a feathered cloak. it should be soft goods or at least very soft flexible plastic like Shadow Weaver's cloak.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

    please check out my fan fics at:

    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

  12. #12
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    6,473
    She should look like she stepped out of the cartoon, be able to sit perfectly on the throne, and come with a magic mirror.

  13. #13
    Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Nomad Island, USA
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Look at the prototype for 1.0 and then tell me her figures face is gorgeous.
    I did, she still looks gorgeous to me, I do hate her wings (not the color) but how they were made. I'll still get her if we get a newer version.


    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    She should be able to sit perfectly on the throne
    I agree...!!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

  14. #14
    Loves/Hates ♠ DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    she should not have wings at all. It's a feathered cloak. it should be soft goods or at least very soft flexible plastic like Shadow Weaver's cloak.
    This and the Ability to SIT on the throne would be the main reason to have a Sorceress revisit. IF Mattel were smart, they'd toss in a Kodok Ungol head for her to make people double dip on her.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I agree. It's the perfect opportunity to grab extra sales if the heads can be put on the MOTUC version as Filmation fans might grab 2 of her and non Filmation fans might buy her for the Kudok Ungol head and/or to customize a better MOTUC figure. They REALLY need to fix the wings though somehow on the Club Grayskull version so she can sit on the Grayskull throne or any future Filmation throne diorama.

    I wonder if we'd get Teela and Sorceress in the same year though? Might have to wait til 2018 for Sorceress
    Is Teela a lock for 2017 for sure?

    If the reran the same classics figure with a better wing set up that would be enable her to sit properly that would enough for me to rebuy her. Extra heads are always welcome though.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,558
    I don't think we know if teela is a lock for 2017 however I suspect she is for a few reasons. 1) teela is a very popular character. 2) the motuc one costs a fortune 3) the sorta filmation point dread teela created a ton of backlash with how she turned out 4) the point dread teela really wasn't a true filmation figure 5) this year they tooled a bunch of new parts to get club grayskull going so I'd assume they'd want to reuse some of those parts next year and teela could use some of evil lyns parts 6) this year was pretty evil warriors heavy so they probably want to do a few heroes and she's a hero

    If you look at part reuse this year there's very little reuse among these first six figures as far as the newly tooled pieces go that's why I'm thinking

    2017 CG
    Teela
    Triklops-gets a second use out of beastman boots
    Merman gets a second use out of clawful boots
    Fisto gets a second use out of he man boots. Plus Stridor may come in CC 2017
    Man at arms gets a second use out of skeletors boots
    Roboto gets reuse out of some of trapjaw a parts
    Whiplash is another possibility instead of triklops

    Hoping ram man is the sub exclusive since they tend to make a fully tooled figure sub exclusive like evilseed or mummra

    We may see as an out of sub item this year adam and cringer. Hordak is another one I think they want to get out soon as well given the disappointment over the motuc one
    Last edited by degra; March 20, 2016 at 02:49am.
    ______________________
    Still wanting to buy one more Point Dread Teela PM

    please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

  17. #17
    Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alicante, Spain
    Posts
    2,400
    I want / need a new Sorceress with flexible plastic wings in the same way Shadow Weaver was done. No more drums horrible wings!!!
    TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

    -SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

    NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

  18. #18
    Royal Guard chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    7,408
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    She should look like she stepped out of the cartoon, be able to sit perfectly on the throne, and come with a magic mirror.
    Why not make her a deluxe figure that comes with her Filmation throne rather than her just having to settle for the throne that came with the castle? It'd be a win-win…people without the castle would have a throne.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Why not make her a deluxe figure that comes with her Filmation throne rather than her just having to settle for the throne that came with the castle? It'd be a win-win…people without the castle would have a throne.
    Oh I like the way you think and that would make one sweet SDCC Boxed Exclusive, But the Horsemen & mattel need to give her soft goods wings that are detatchabe.

    I would also like to see a Diorama piece of the bridge that leads up to the castle and Mattel could include a figure with it.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

  20. #20
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,693
    You would have to remove one of those characters and replace him with tongue lashor as he has faired far higher then most of those in all filmation polls and would be a major draw for those that are not into collecting figures they have, I think tongue lashor is the only lock for 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I don't think we know if teela is a lock for 2017 however I suspect she is for a few reasons. 1) teela is a very popular character. 2) the motuc one costs a fortune 3) the sorta filmation point dread teela created a ton of backlash with how she turned out 4) the point dread teela really wasn't a true filmation figure 5) this year they tooled a bunch of new parts to get club grayskull going so I'd assume they'd want to reuse some of those parts next year and teela could use some of evil lyns parts 6) this year was pretty evil warriors heavy so they probably want to do a few heroes and she's a hero

    If you look at part reuse this year there's very little reuse among these first six figures as far as the newly tooled pieces go that's why I'm thinking

    2017 CG
    Teela
    Triklops-gets a second use out of beastman boots
    Merman gets a second use out of clawful boots
    Fisto gets a second use out of he man boots. Plus Stridor may come in CC 2017
    Man at arms gets a second use out of skeletors boots
    Roboto gets reuse out of some of trapjaw a parts
    Whiplash is another possibility instead of triklops

    Hoping ram man is the sub exclusive since they tend to make a fully tooled figure sub exclusive like evilseed or mummra

    We may see as an out of sub item this year adam and cringer. Hordak is another one I think they want to get out soon as well given the disappointment over the motuc one

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,757
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    You would have to remove one of those characters and replace him with tongue lashor as he has faired far higher then most of those in all filmation polls and would be a major draw for those that are not into collecting figures they have, I think tongue lashor is the only lock for 2017
    I disagree, but we will find out in about 5 monthes
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •