Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I can NOT believe that I'm going to say this, but I'm starting to like NA in MOTUC

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I feel the same way, I never liked New Adventures, but the Four Horsemen have done a phenomenal job making them fit with original line characters in MOTUC.

I just hope they never make a ponytailed He-Man or NA faced Skeletor. Everything else, I am excited about.
    A pony-tailed He-Man, I could accept.

I mean, seriously. He's off-planet for years without his regular barber. Do you KNOW how tough it is to find a trustworthy barber??? I doubt he had time to look, what with all of the mutant attacks and his own time spent NOT vivisecting the scientists...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I'm not surprised, BC. I've said it a million times-these are, hands down, the nicest action figures available today.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

It seems now through the power of Greyskull and MOTUC, NA is now touching me in places I never knew existed. I'm actually excited about getting Slush Head and other NA figures, VERY EXCITED

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

Congrats, Mike Bock! Now pray for me to get my Spikor and Rio Blast!!!
    Thanks man!
    Hey I didn't know you were a Rio Blast fan
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I don't hate NA, but I no very very little about it. Never got to see the cartoon or own any of the toys.

I am enjoying the figures coming from NA, they are pretty much new to me.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    A pony-tailed He-Man, I could accept.

I mean, seriously. He's off-planet for years without his regular barber. Do you KNOW how tough it is to find a trustworthy barber??? I doubt he had time to look, what with all of the mutant attacks and his own time spent NOT vivisecting the scientists...
    Good point.

Hmmm, we've got a legitimate dentist character in the line, why not a barber? How about Bar-Bar? Or Cut-Off? Sounds like a 30th anniversary winner.

Big Country...I am so proud of you!

As Obi-Wan said to Luke..."You've taken your first step into a larger world"
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic Warrior
    Same here, the 4HM design let NA look like gold!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Same here, the 4HM design let NA look like gold!
    That's true. Two characters I am dying to see now from them are Quakke and Staghorn. I'm sure those guys are gonna look amazing in this line.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Optikk, sitting in the back of my Evil Warriors shelf, doesn't look quite as hideous to me as he once did.

Flipshot (Icarius) looks closer and closer to "okay" the more times I look at him.

And with the reveal of Slush Head, I think...forgive me God in Heaven...I think I actually like him.

My Lord, what is happening to me?

I guess what I'm saying is that while I'll likely NEVER acquiesce to the religion of worshiping at the altar of the NA cartoon, the Four Horsmen's re-design of the figures may be starting to chip away at my carefully-constructed Hate Fortress.

My mind is open, so we'll see.
    You might have gotten greedy and simply want more neat characters to go along the established vintage ones. I'm a fan of all eras of motu. I have parts of it I like better than others, but I at least like certain aspects of every incarnation.

I only had NA Skeletor and He-Man as a kid. With the classics line we've already gotten most of Skeletor's warriors so guys like Slush Head, Flogg, and Optikk are not only new additions to the line but they are filling up additional slots for Skeletor. Same for the NA heroes for He-Man and the heroic warriors.

With the 4H sculpting and the reuse of classic He-Man parts all the NA guys are in scale with the vintage Classic figures and match up much better.

I think the longer this line goes and the more characters that are released, the more variety we notice. It gets harder for one single figure to look out of place. Not impossible, but certainly harder.

I'm not looking forward to Master Serbrian or the scientists but I'll be happy to get Crita, Lizzor, and Hydron.

Okay, let it be known (and reiterated) that I DETEST the NA cartoon designs, characterizations, voices, plotlines, most character designs and (more than anything) Skeletor's FACE!!!!!

Seriously, what in the hell is up with that FACE??????

But I digress...

The recent reveal of The Mighty Spector has made me stop and think about some of my blind hatred of MOTUC re-designs of properties that I disliked in the past.

Optikk, sitting in the back of my Evil Warriors shelf, doesn't look quite as hideous to me as he once did.

Flipshot (Icarius) looks closer and closer to "okay" the more times I look at him.

And with the reveal of Slush Head, I think...forgive me God in Heaven...I think I actually like him.

My Lord, what is happening to me?

I guess what I'm saying is that while I'll likely NEVER acquiesce to the religion of worshiping at the altar of the NA cartoon, the Four Horsmen's re-design of the figures may be starting to chip away at my carefully-constructed Hate Fortress.

Anyway, I guess my vitriole-laced NA tirades may be about to soften.

A little.

My mind is open, so we'll see.

Congrats, Mike Bock! Now pray for me to get my Spikor and Rio Blast!!!

I feel the same way too. I really could have lived without NA anything. I wanted to pretend like that the concept never happened at all. When matty and the Horsemen said they were going to add NA to MOTUC I was like uuuuughhh. Then the impossible happened when the Optikk got revealed I was like holy crap.....Its actually possible for them to some how fit in the grand scheme of my MOTUC demands. I never looked at Flipshot the Same way again after his reveal in 2011 SDCC. So I ended up watching NA He-man again to see if it was possible to be won over. It turns out that it was except I still hate NA Skeletor with a passion....He was just so out of character that I couldnt even allow my imagination to like him. Everything else became forgivable and even slightly enjoyable now that the Toys were turning out better than I had originally imagined. And yes I sure hope they make Rio Blast soon because it would mean that much closer to a Fire Power Man.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post

Wow! Ok! Scary!

Thats the exact line I thought of whilst reaing the 1st post!

As someone who has never seen the NA Cartoon, but collected the toys at the time! I have a real love for the toys, mainly because I could always see the great designs despite the inferior materials and sculpts!

So the main thing that the MOTUC NA figures have done for me is consolidate how awesome the designs actually were, it just took artists like the 4H to prove me right!

Im thrilled that you are growing to appreciate the NA toys BC,It really shows how well the 4H have done to make MOTUV,NA and 200X one cohesive and powerful line.

And its great that you are seperating the vintage -less than great- source material from what we are receiving now.

But most of all Im proud of you for actually starting this thread, a lesser man would just quietly go on collecting without comment, but you actually posting as you did shows real character and ownership!

Bravo Buddy!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    New Adventures characters and style was cool admit it. It was different but we got some great new characters and villains. MOTUC is simply bringing it out even more and showing New Adventures true potential.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...When it comes to the 4H reinterpreting the NA toyline, I have complete confidence they can make ANY character look cool! I'm looking forward to Nocturna, always liked that one...

i was never a fan of NA. i have the dvd's but i haven't even watched them. i tried to but i didn't make it too far. anyway, Icarius will be my first MOTUC NA figure. he's too awesome looking to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Thanks man!
    Hey I didn't know you were a Rio Blast fan
    Come on, bro. How could a guy with a screen name like Big Country NOT like the western-themed Rio Blast????

Hell, I had my first pocket knife and rifle before I had shoes!!!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Admit it, deep down you all love New Adventures. And now MOTUC is showing how truly awesome it can be. I got to see more of the old toys in person recently and even the older toys were really well done for the time. Characters like Optikk, Lizor, and others are completely of the MOTU canon and belong there. NA introduced knee joints to the series as well.

The mini-comic story for the line is also awesome.

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post

Feels more like "Give in to the power of the Dark Side..."!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    ...When it comes to the 4H reinterpreting the NA toyline, I have complete confidence they can make ANY character look cool! I'm looking forward to Nocturna, always liked that one...
    Try the NA Scientists. That's one challenge I'd love to see the 4H tackle.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Amazingly I don't.

Heroic Warrior
    If they can do the Star Sisters, why not? A lot can happen in the next five years.

The NA scientists could be a con exclusive that come with NA Adam as an accessory like Orko. Why not?

-CM Punk

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    It is a dark day... I hope to wake tomorrow and recant this unfortunate explosion of unicorns and rainbows!
    Much too late. I screen-grabbed it. It exists in the universe forever.
    Last edited by Agostinho; September 29, 2011 at 10:37pm.

Okay, let it be known (and reiterated) that I DETEST the NA cartoon designs, characterizations, voices, plotlines, most character designs and (more than anything) Skeletor's FACE!!!!!

Seriously, what in the hell is up with that FACE??????

But I digress...

The recent reveal of The Mighty Spector has made me stop and think about some of my blind hatred of MOTUC re-designs of properties that I disliked in the past.
    I agree. MOTUC is to NA what the stactions were to Snout Spout.
    Curiously, how did Spector change your opinion on NA? Is it because he's so bad that you now realise that they aren't as bad?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Oh please god no. Maybe in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Amazingly I don't.
    I agree...I would not attempt this feat..
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.