Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I can NOT believe that I'm going to say this, but I'm starting to like NA in MOTUC

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I agree. MOTUC is to NA what the stactions were to Snout Spout.
    Curiously, how did Spector change your opinion on NA? Is it because he's so bad that you now realise that they aren't as bad?
    Precisely!

I didn't want to overtly call the baby ugly, but son! That's one UGLY baby!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

The reason I never 'hated' NA...

My first dose of the 'HE-MAN' line was the first set of figures that came out on sale. I hated the new look right off, since these figs were too wimpy to be He-man. I got one anyway to see what was up.....partially thinking this would be some random knock-off. I then proceeded to read the mini-comic with the figure.
    I cant hate the line because the story with the mini was actually a decent new direction with a full set of new characters. If they had kept the original body construct for these, the line may have done much better. I only saw one episode of the NA cartoon....then I wanted to burn out my eyeballs and cry. They should have kept to the mini comic!
    Thank GOD that the 4H are here to rectify the problems that buried this line and bring it actually closer to what should have been.

now only about that atrocious cartoon......
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i now strongly like n/a & would like all n/a apart of my collection with the exception of goofy looking scientist characters.
    i would like more sooner than latter.

Congrats BC! I was not a fan at all and then they released Optikk. After that i bought the dvds and made myself watch them i hate the animation style and the scientists but i really like the story and the cahracters and the Fabulous 4H have done no wrong with the NA line.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Feels more like "Give in to the power of the Dark Side..."!
    Let's not go overboard now. I would hardly equate NA with the Dark Side. NA is more like the Jar Jar Binks of the MOTU world...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Let's not go overboard now. I would hardly equate NA with the Dark Side. NA is more like the Jar Jar Binks of the MOTU world...
    And THAT's not dark???

It was freaking Jar Jar that got Palpatine his Special Executive Powers!!!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Elder Councilman
    Big Country, while I myself can barely sit thru an episode of NA( though one day I'll force myself to sit thru them all), I found myself loving the toys as a teen, so I do collect those.

I love how they're combining all elements of MOTU in one line now...so yes, NA looks far better.

And I tell ya...if they could make me impressed with ICARIUS, I have all the faith in the world with the other figures. I still say the vintage figure looks like Dave Coulier in a spacesuit...and no, that's not a compliment.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    At least kids liked Jar Jar. Kids didn't like NA.

I'd say it's more like the Star Wars Christmas Special.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    At least kids liked Jar Jar. Kids didn't like NA.

I'd say it's more like the Star Wars Christmas Special.
    I didn't think the Star Wars Christmas Special was all that bad; to be fair though...I'm not really a Star Wars fan. That said...I like Jar Jar.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I'm so hyped up for more NA releases in MOTUC now! Look at all these great figures we have yet to come. I can't wait....! Who else is hyped up on this shizzle?

Heroic Warrior
    MAN! That is one awesome pic. Can't wait till that awesomeness is made into the Classics line. (no sarcasm).

Good for you Big Country. Good for you on having an open mind.

But personally I like the old Big Country. You know. The one who'd get so mad you'd think he was going to punch a small woodland creature. Now there's entertainment right there.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    MAN! That is one awesome pic. Can't wait till that awesomeness is made into the Classics line. (no sarcasm).

Good for you Big Country. Good for you on having an open mind.

But personally I like the old Big Country. You know. The one who'd get so mad you'd think he was going to punch a small woodland creature. Now there's entertainment right there.
    I'm what one of my Ultra Liberal friends once referred to as "A Reformed Redneck"!

I really like the NA characters... I didn't love the figures, and only liked components of the cartoon.

I love Slush Head, Optikk, Flipshot, Hydron, Tuskador, Flogg, Kayo, Artilla, Quakke, Crita, Master Sebrian, Mara, Darius, NA Sorceress (mini-comic), Butthead, Staghorn, and Sagittar.

I hope all of them are made in this line. The 4H's take on these, and the rest of the NA figures would be amazing, I'm sure (as we've already seen with Optikk, Slush Head, and Flipshot).

BC, I'm glad you are finding an appreciation for them within the MOTUC line.

I'd hope you could bring yourself to stomach the POP characters too... No one is asking you to like the vintage line.. but within the context of the MOTUC line and story, hopefully you'll be able to appreciate characters like Frosta, Glimmer, Mermista, Entrapta, Netossa, Double Trouble, Angella, and Castaspella.

The Star Sisters are a hard sell because the poster designs (the versions we are getting) are VERY loud. The probably mesh better with the NA figures. To me, they are not really POP, they are prototypes (along with He-Ro, Demo-Man, Vikor, & Gygor).

Anyway, I'm always glad when fans here come to appreciate a component of the mythos they might not have cared for before
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    My first dose of the 'HE-MAN' line was the first set of figures that came out on sale. I hated the new look right off, since these figs were too wimpy to be He-man. I got one anyway to see what was up.....partially thinking this would be some random knock-off. I then proceeded to read the mini-comic with the figure.
    I cant hate the line because the story with the mini was actually a decent new direction with a full set of new characters. If they had kept the original body construct for these, the line may have done much better. I only saw one episode of the NA cartoon....then I wanted to burn out my eyeballs and cry. They should have kept to the mini comic!
    Thank GOD that the 4H are here to rectify the problems that buried this line and bring it actually closer to what should have been.

now only about that atrocious cartoon......
    brother i couldn't have said it better...i remember being 8 yrs old summer (June ) 1990 i went to toys r us only time out the yr we get to go besides b-days... i made the honor roll so i could get 1 figure...by this time motu was gone from shelves and i would still look for it i look over to my right on a shelf...And be lod i read the letters H-E-M-A-N..... THEN IT DAWNS ON ME I CAN READ........IT'S HE-MAN...BUT HE LOOKS SO DIFFERENT....BUT I LOVE HIM ANY WAY AND HE'S IN A PACKAGE W/....????? SLUSH HEAD....I'M THINKING IS THIS A NEW EVIL WARRIOR BENT ON TAKING THE POWERS OF GRAYSKULL ........SO I'M ELATED BUT CONFUSED BUT THAT WAS A GREAT SUMMER!!!!!!...HE-MAN / SLUSH HEAD DOUBLE PACK!....I'll never forget that first NEW ADVENTURES OF HE-MAN PACK!...i feel in love w/ na for a time, through the mini comic...... the cartoon did not grow on me until i was an adult & through rose colored glasses i excepted it for what it was...as well as it having alot of possibilities if done /drawn better!!! COUGH ,COUGH ...... FILMATION! ......... AND THE SECOND HE-MAN OF THE NA TOY LINE I DETESTED FOR THE ACTION FEATURE I LOVED THE LOOK OF THE FEATURE...@ 10YRS OLD I WAS ******......I REMEMBER TELLING MY MOM I DIDN'T WANT IT ANYMORE AFTER I BEGGED HER TO GET IT...I TELL YOU THAT WHEN SHE GOT ******... I ALMOST GOT A WHIPPIN...LOL!......I MADE DUE UNTIL......THE NEW THUNDER PUNCH HE-MAN WHO LOOKED LIKE LEX LUGER.........I LOVED THE LOOK AND ACTION FEATURE OF THIS FIGURE HE WAS MY FAVORITE.......BUT I THINK HE ALSO DOUBLED AS LEX LUGER FOR A WHILE WHEN WE PLAYED WITH OUR WRESTLING FIGURES.....LOL

THE FOUR HORSEMEN ARE GREAT!!!!! THEY ARE HANDS DOWN THE BEST TOY MAKERS IN THE BUSINESS PERIOD!!!
    Last edited by he-ron; September 30, 2011 at 12:43am. Reason: miss spelled words

Everyone keeps saying "Thunder Punch He-Man" and it confused the crap out of me, because TP is Vintage Masters.

You guys are referring to Battle Punch He-Man, correct?

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I've never seen the cartoon other than bits and pieces here and there, but from a character standpoint and especially run through the classics filter the NA figures are coming out extraordinarily impressive. Optikk was a great figure and Slush Head came out cool as hell. If I had been asked before Optikk I may have been hesitant aboutt he NA stuff but now I'm all for it.

Everyone keeps saying "Thunder Punch He-Man" and it confused the crap out of me, because TP is Vintage Masters.

You guys are referring to Battle Punch He-Man, correct?
    http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...chHe-Man2a.jpg
    No we are talking about Thunder Punch He-Man from NA, he was part of the final wave of figures. If it was not clear there exist TWO Thunderpunch He-Mans in the MOTUverse

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    I'm so hyped up for more NA releases in MOTUC now! Look at all these great figures we have yet to come. I can't wait....! Who else is hyped up on this shizzle?

http://weirdotoys.com/wp-content/upl...oovepack03.jpg
    AnthonyHall, I am most definitely. I want figures of Lizorr, Karatti, and Brakk/Flogg. These characters embody MOTU to me.

And Icarius, Slush Head, and Optikk turned out great.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The thing is, the NA cartoon isn't a bad series. Its just that the pace of the episodes. the animation and direction was different from the Filmation series.

I've always liked the NA series and even as a kid, understood that after the 87 movie, this was He-Man's "new chapter". The 87 movie always seemed like a "final battle" for the masters and the end for skeletor (NA was his "rebirth" I guess.

I liked the toys - OK they were weedy when compared to the bulky MOTU toys, but some were still cool - Slushy, Flogg, NA Skeletor, NA He-Man, Lizor, Hoove, Staghorn etc.

The series was more "3 dimensional" than Filmation. I loved Skeletor's characterisation - It was like the Joker - which I really liked. Some of the designs were awful though - The Scientists for example.

But the series always seemed more "relevant" and "in" for me when it was on, it was high-tech and there was actual fighting and there was new animation in every episode - unlike Filmation series.

With the NA characters showing up in MOTUC - I couldn't be happier with the way they are turning out - Icarius will definetly be in my top 3 by the end of the year. Every new picture that comes out of him - makes me more excited.

I really hope the 4HM takes some good points from the Jetlag series when it comes to designs - I.e. Artilla, Disk of Doom Skele (minus the bugs bunny teeth and eyes) Hoove and Quake.

OK I am a bit afraid I will be beaten and kicked here but I have to say I really like the Skeletor 200X repaint (a.k.a. Disco Skeletor). When I first saw it I thought it is pretty cool to have such a color combination on Skeletor. It was only after I joined the forums on He-Man.org where I was surprised by how many fans dislike the figure and call it 'Disco' I do not understant why. I hope the repaint will get a release in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    As a kid, I never even realized that they MADE a NA cartoon. So that never had any basis on my opinions at all. I hated the toys. the sculpts were bad, the sizes were completly wrong. They didn't ride any of the vehicles I'd already been collecting for YEARS..

They changed the entire formula of my collection right out from under me and I just walked away in disgust.

It was all about the size and style. Im VERY curious what it would have been like if the original optic, slush-head, and space he-man had been compatible with the original line?? I don't think as many people would have hated it.

I probably wouldn't have.

In a planet with cowboys, talking rocks, ninjas, robots, cyborgs, demons, etc. etc. A few 'spacemen' certainly wouldn't have been an issue in my eyes.

Now.. admittedly, a few years ago when I first got netflix... I got the first disc of NA... THAT was one of the hardest things I ever saw... I had to FORCE myself to get through it... I've heard it gets better as it goes... but between the NA Adam's voice, and the scientists, and 'joker-skeletor'... I can't watch anymore.

POP had the same effect on me, i never thought of myself liking (let alone buying) a POP figure.

That being said, hands down to Catra and Bow.

Great post, BC. If your head is turning a bit to NA, then other NA above-average dislikers may do likewise.

I'm really pleased that you've changed your mind somewhat about NA.
    Motuc is going to be much stronger if fans can overcome their prejudices towards certain eras.

Heroic Warrior
    I can really relate to this thread. I seriously debated about getting a sub in 2010 because I knew NA characters would be included, but I bit the bullet anyway. The 4HM, unsurprisingly, did an awesome job with Optikk and so I gradually warmed up to the NA figures. Icarius, in fact, may turn out to be my favorite figure of 2011.

I think the problem of the characters looking so different from the MOTU we know and love has been solved. On a related note, I think sometimes we let the cartoons influence our appreciation for the figures too much. The NA cartoon may have been lame, but that doesn't mean the toys from it have to be.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Optikk, sitting in the back of my Evil Warriors shelf, doesn't look quite as hideous to me as he once did.

Flipshot (Icarius) looks closer and closer to "okay" the more times I look at him.

And with the reveal of Slush Head, I think...forgive me God in Heaven...I think I actually like him.
    Who are you and what happened to the real BC??
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.