Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I can NOT believe that I'm going to say this, but I'm starting to like NA in MOTUC

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar

I can NOT believe that I'm going to say this, but I'm starting to like NA in MOTUC

Okay, let it be known (and reiterated) that I DETEST the NA cartoon designs, characterizations, voices, plotlines, most character designs and (more than anything) Skeletor's FACE!!!!!

Seriously, what in the hell is up with that FACE??????

But I digress...

The recent reveal of The Mighty Spector has made me stop and think about some of my blind hatred of MOTUC re-designs of properties that I disliked in the past.

Optikk, sitting in the back of my Evil Warriors shelf, doesn't look quite as hideous to me as he once did.

Flipshot (Icarius) looks closer and closer to "okay" the more times I look at him.

And with the reveal of Slush Head, I think...forgive me God in Heaven...I think I actually like him.

My Lord, what is happening to me?

I guess what I'm saying is that while I'll likely NEVER acquiesce to the religion of worshiping at the altar of the NA cartoon, the Four Horsmen's re-design of the figures may be starting to chip away at my carefully-constructed Hate Fortress.

Anyway, I guess my vitriole-laced NA tirades may be about to soften.

A little.

My mind is open, so we'll see.

Congrats, Mike Bock! Now pray for me to get my Spikor and Rio Blast!!!
    Last edited by Larry Waters; September 29, 2011 at 06:14pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I never liked NA or the original figures, but I love the MOTUC figures. In fact, I like everything except Mo-Lar, the TRU repaints (save maybe Mer-Man), and Bubble-Power She-Ra (though not She-Ra 2.0).

But I guess you still hate PoP and FILMation?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    My Lord, what is happening to me?
    You may be coming down with a fever...disco fever!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Man, I can DEFINITELY relate here! Good to see you coming around and enjoying something you once hated though. I also think the NA figures look great so far. Probably because they are a blank slate to me as I know nothing about them. They are basically new characters to me.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    But I guess you still hate PoP and FILMation?
    I never really truly "hated" anything...Let's call it an above-average dislike.

FILMation is just too campy, but I'm willing to take it on a case-by-case basis, since their characters COULD impact the rest of the goings-on in Eternia.

PoP...I couldn't care less what goes/went on in Etheria, so those things are an easy pass for me.
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    George, do you feel alright? Are you drunk?
    I like the design of Icarius and Slush Head too (an dislike the toon).

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    You may be coming down with a fever...disco fever!
    I've had that since 2004 or so...

I can't say I was ever a fan of NA He-man, but I certainly wasn't a fan. I was indifferent really. But these MOTUC renderings are superb. Can't wait for Slush Head.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I've had that since 2004 or so...
    Yeah, that's pretty bad. Looks like it's a terminal case...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Mark this day down ladies and gentlemen, Big Country actually does not detest an NA figure

Welcome to the darkside my friend, there are even surprises that await in the world of NA He-Man
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I've never watched any of the NA series, and most of the "heroes" seemed extremely bland just some dudes in costume. But seeing some fan art and other material most of the mutants seem as though they will make great figures, the "humans" still not so much. But after seeing Icarius he looks really impressive! And that Slushhead is just an incredible looking figure. Optikk I wasn't too thilled with getting ( I started after he was already released) but having him in person he's one of the most mixable figures in the line as just about anyone's head goes with his cyborg design as long as it fits inside the armor. Being a big fan of reptilian characters I'm really looking forward to what the Horsemen can do with Lizzor's design.

I really like Slush Head as well. He looks awesome and I'll be happy to put him on my shelf, but that doesn't diminish my despise for all things NA. Once I thought Optikk was the worst character in the line, then came Mo-Larr, PD He-Man, Icarius, Photog and now Spector. So in a way Optikk has gone up in my appreciation, but not by his own merit.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

the Four Horsmen's re-design of the figures may be starting to chip away at my carefully-constructed Hate Fortress.
    That's a great line.

I can sort of relate to your position. I was never that strongly anti-NA, but I didn't really like them, so I have been very surprised by how cool the NA characters have been in this line so far. If they can turn a boring Flipshot into an awesome Icarius, then just imagine what they'll be able to do with someone like Lizorr. I think there is a very good reason to be optimistic about future NA characters.

I total agree with the OP.

NA utterly killed He-Man for me - especially Skeletor's face, his pet, the voices, etc. Though by that time I was weary of Filmation also & totally not feeling any of the figures past Extendar et al.

BUT NOW: I might buy Slush-Head also.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; September 29, 2011 at 07:06pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Once you get past the original figures not being as muscular as the original MOTU figures OR the NA cartoon not being Filmation, the NA designs aren't so bad at all!

When NA came out, I was happy that He-Man had returned.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Once you get past the original figures not being as muscular as the original MOTU figures OR the NA cartoon not being Filmation, the NA designs aren't so bad at all!

When NA came out, I was happy that He-Man had returned.
    The ironic thing about NA is the last He-Man figure (Thunder Punch) was starting to bulk back up like the vintage. Makes me wonder what the rest of the line would look like in vintage form.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I never really truly "hated" anything...Let's call it an above-average dislike.

FILMation is just too campy, but I'm willing to take it on a case-by-case basis, since their characters COULD impact the rest of the goings-on in Eternia.

PoP...I couldn't care less what goes/went on in Etheria, so those things are an easy pass for me.
    You're simply becoming too soft & forgetting your true loyalty. But, I'll take the torch as being the NA hater. Optikk will never be forgivable. I like the thought of Icarius & not the name Flipshot. I wish they didn't put that disgusting sticker on the front of the action figures(Galactic Protectors-Right?). Slush Head looks like a good action figure. He's just not MOTU & neither are the other NA figs. IMO. I'm trying like BC. But, it'll take much more to impress me.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Nobody can hate Slush Head. He's awesome!
    No but seriously NA in MOTUC has been amazing. The figures so far look outstanding.
    Wether you hate the toon or the era you can't deny the figs are amazing.
    Last edited by Mike Bock; September 29, 2011 at 07:12pm.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The ironic thing about NA is the last He-Man figure (Thunder Punch) was starting to bulk back up like the vintage. Makes me wonder what the rest of the line would look like in vintage form.
    I noticed! Mattel was trying to bulk up NA He-Man with each NA He-Man variant, but it was too little, too late.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Mark this day down ladies and gentlemen, Big Country actually does not detest an NA figure

Welcome to the darkside my friend, there are even surprises that await in the world of NA He-Man
    It is a dark day... I hope to wake tomorrow and recant this unfortunate explosion of unicorns and rainbows!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I hated the toons myself, especially them pesky scientist! Can someone from Primus shoot them little boogers already!

Anyhoo, even though I HATE that series, I did manage to get my hands on a few of the figures that was released, including Optikk and Icarius (Flipshot). Hey, they're only going for 2 bucks in Kay-Bee!

Other figures I got was Quakke, Tuskador and Sagitar. Also did get a He-man one and a Skeletor was given to me by a friend.

I was actually please to know a while back that NA will be part of MOTUC because they will indeed look great. Good thing I'm right about that!

So in conclusion there's nothing wrong with you liking NA characters now, since they're being designed to fit the original '82 to '87 line.

I'm actually please with Slush Head. Never got the original figure, but the way they made this MOTUC version, he fits right in with the other E-Vyle Warriors!

Hey! Is Slush Head a water creature like Mer-Man, Clawful and Leech? Man, the underwater battle with this one is gonna be tremendous!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I just PRAY that the 4H do something with Skeletor's face that doesn't include horse teeth or red eyeballs...

I just PRAY that the 4H do something with Skeletor's face that doesn't include horse teeth or red eyeballs...
    I severely doubt the 4H will do a cartoon accurate Skeletor, even if they did I am sure they would include a standard skeletor face/head in as well.

He would not match any of the other NA to MOTUC conversions they have done.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Skeletor will only need a new armor and an updated staff. Everything else, we got alreay! Hope they won't give him those horrid eyeballs from the NA design.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I feel the same way, I never liked New Adventures, but the Four Horsemen have done a phenomenal job making them fit with original line characters in MOTUC.

I just hope they never make a ponytailed He-Man or NA faced Skeletor. Everything else, I am excited about.