View Poll Results: Which design would you chose if you were given the option?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Elusive Spector - PYRE

46 50.00%
  • The Mighty Spector - ToyGuru

46 50.00%

Thread: The Mighty Spector VS The Elusive Spector

The Mighty Spector VS The Elusive Spector

Ok, so, Here is what i think a character named "Spector" should look like.

In this Poll, Cast your vote on which rendition you like better and PLEASE post a comment about why.

OR

for "The Elusive Spector" design, all parts are re-use accept for the two depicted to the right. The "colar piece" is to accent and elongate the hood, and the Cosmic Key is a separate sculpt with a band and pegs to attache to the figure's forearm.

I really like your design, pyre. I did vote for the Mighty Spector though, but elusive is much more fitting for a time-travler who pops in and lends a hand before disappearing than mighty. Yours looks more mighty and TG's looks more elusive.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    I went with The Mighty Spector.

This is nothing against your art. Which I like.

It looks like they are two two different characters. One being a big and bulky & heavily armored warrior while the other one looks like a sleek and stelthy assassin.

mighty spector. Your art is strong, which everyone seems to agree with.

But I think there's too much ...something on yours. I like the simplicity of Toyguru's. And I like his colours better as well. The gray and russet is...something.

if it's possible, I think there's actually less cohesion in elusive's look. I know, crazy right? I guess Mighty just says "Masters" as I understand it. At best Elusive is "200x" but if he were, he'd be kinda unimpressive. Same way I like older Comic Character designs better than over designed later characters.

i like the The Elusive Spector

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I like them both about the same really.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    This is actually a closer call than I'd have expected. Both of them have color schemes that suggest evil in MOTU, but the Mighty Spector has a more eyecatching combination with purple and yellow. Mighty also has the cleverly repainted trap jaw shins that I thought were the most innovative bit on the figure. I'd like to keep those.

If I were in charge of designing this toy, I'd blend the two together. The hood, the armor and the loin cloth of Elusive give a more powerful MOTU vibe than Mighty. Kronis' lower arms also look nice, though I wonder if you should use his biceps too. That upper body armor isn't really reuse though, it looks like the Carnivus armor but with completely new details, so I'd rethink that, either taking out the new details or designing whole new slightly more techno armor to fit with the cyborg parts if you have to do tooling.

The color scheme is better on Mighty, but I'd make the purple lighter, maybe use a metallic purple on the armor and make the symbols and some other detailing yellow or orange. Perhaps use black in some places where Elusive has maroon. I'd also see if the Trap-Jaw shins work with the He-Ro/Zodak feet. If not, just use the Trap-Jaw boots with the matte painted calfs (I really liked that part).

Just my two cents.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Mighty for me, although I love your design too!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I had to see the Elusive Spector in Mighty Spector colors before I felt like I could give a fair assesment. My intuition was correct, although the colors put me off at first. In case if you want to see what my take on Pyre's Spector looks like, lookie here:

Turns out that the He-Ro boots work in this color scheme quite nicely. Still, it would be fun to draw him with the Trap Jaw boots to see what that would be like.

In case anybody's interested, I also did an alternate version with a non-anime hyper detailed hood and a whole new hourglass-inspired logo. I'll post it somewhere if Pyre forgives me for messing about with his creation.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

To be fair, the Mighty Spector figure is much more bulked up than that rendition shows.

Your character design is terrific, by the way. I did not vote because it didn't seem fair to discuss changing the design of Scott's creation. I like most everything about TG's design except the use of the He-Man right arm wrist brace and the simplistic spade emblem.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

This is a very easy choice for me, I'm picking Elusive over Mighty. There are too many "mighty" characters in MOTU now, Elusive brings something different to the table. And as far as design goes, your Elusive Spector brings something new and different, while the Mighty Spector looks like a purple Deadpool clone.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    This is a very easy choice for me, I'm picking Elusive over Mighty. There are too many "mighty" characters in MOTU now, Elusive brings something different to the table. And as far as design goes, your Elusive Spector brings something new and different, while the Mighty Spector looks like a purple Deadpool clone.
    right on bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    I had to see the Elusive Spector in Mighty Spector colors before I felt like I could give a fair assesment. My intuition was correct, although the colors put me off at first. In case if you want to see what my take on Pyre's Spector looks like, lookie here:

[url]

Turns out that the He-Ro boots work in this color scheme quite nicely. Still, it would be fun to draw him with the Trap Jaw boots to see what that would be like.

In case anybody's interested, I also did an alternate version with a non-anime hyper detailed hood and a whole new hourglass-inspired logo. I'll post it somewhere if Pyre forgives me for messing about with his creation.
    Mette, this is a great way to show that it's not tbe colors that matter so much as the figure itself. The mighty spector is so unimaginitive, and when you look at him, you wonder why Mattel didn't just creat him for the DC universe line. Why? Because he'd be a peg warmer. We will buy him becausewe are adimate collectors.

The elusive spector design is an example of what would make a true MOTU looking character.

I don't know how anyone could actually appreciate the figure that has been decided upon when you look at all the other awesome parts out there to make a new figure we'd be proud of displaying next to he-man and all the other characters who share the look we like about MOTU.
    Last edited by Pyre; October 3, 2011 at 01:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great design, but I have to go with The Mighty Spector on this one. If anything, your character design could be used for a brand new figure in it's own right!

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/...cs/spektor.jpg

with the correct colours, Elusive looks better than he did. But I still dont like that hood. The whole Elusive (and your recolour confirms this) just says "200x" spector, and I dont need or want that.

Mighty Spector is what he is, and there's no change we can do to it and keep him him. Take him or leave him.

I take him.

I like your design more, and I enjoy the hooded look.

But who is this Spector? He doesn't look like an MOTU character, he looks like a Batman villain.

The combining of the 2 made for a better final product. The colors are nice with deep purples. The bold reds and yellows work better as accent colors.

[IMG]spektor[/IMG]

I just muted the colors on Met-Hilds work.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 10, 2011 at 02:31am.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Colors don't matter to me. They could both be brown, yellow, green.... it just doesn't matter. I picked Elusive because I like that character and design better. It actually FITS MOTU. Mighty Spector doesn't. There's a reason why Marvel and MOTU fan creation contests rejected it.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Heroic Warrior
    Don't really care for either to be honest. Sorry.

Neithe for me as well. Why are there polls for non MOTU characters?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Although I love your design. TMS is a great character. I'm looking forward to getting him.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    voted for Pyre....His screams He-man, TG screams X-men

What? No just make him explode or accidentally erase himself from history choice option?

Two totally different art styles here. To make it more fair, we should have similarly styled renderings of both.

That being said, I don't especially like either design, although TMS would probably win this for me. Despite how bad his design is, the "Elusive" design is somehow worse. Maybe it's the art style? It just looks too busy. Doesn't fit in at all with the MOTUC universe (not like TMS fit in much anyway).
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    TMS, given the two choices...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE