Thread: Did anyone else have a problem pre-ordering Castle Grayskull?

Heroic Warrior

Did anyone else have a problem pre-ordering Castle Grayskull?

I've been trying to pre-order Castle Grayskull, but I keep getting that my card failed validation; yet I just used it 2 weeks ago to get Granymr with no problems. I sent a message to DR and they sent me instructions on how to fix the problem, which naturally didn't work!! So frustrating!!! I'm sure this will be moved to the "issues with Digital River" thread to never be seen again. I was just wondering if anyone experienced this problem.

No, sorry. Mine was all good. Stinks to hear that...

Give them a call. I am sure there is no way they want to miss out on a sale. Good luck!
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerart View Post
    I've been trying to pre-order Castle Grayskull, but I keep getting that my card failed validation; yet I just used it 2 weeks ago to get Granymr with no problems. I sent a message to DR and they sent me instructions on how to fix the problem, which naturally didn't work!! So frustrating!!! I'm sure this will be moved to the "issues with Digital River" thread to never be seen again. I was just wondering if anyone experienced this problem.
    Regarding the bit in bold, i feel the same, but matty's feedback section (on their forums) is (or at least was) the best place to post these problems

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerart View Post
    Yes, I had the same error and it has taken ages to get it resolved. Don't rely on Matty's customer service because they'll just have you refresh the page, reset your shopping basket or try a different browser. They are absolutely clueless. You're better off contacting your creditcard company right away.

What seemed to be the case with my card was that it hadn't been activated for use in the USA, which was no problem for my subscriptions or regular purchases, but for somer reason Matty considers my CG purchase as if I would be on US territory. Hence the validation error. I asked my bank to activite my card temporarily for the US and it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Sorry to hear of your issues. Hope they get resolved soon.

Amazingly, I feel a bit like a slimy car salesman, but both my Mother and my Brother expressed that they wanted to get this playset over the holidays! So I helped them order theirs, without problems.

My mother wants to get it because she knows what it means to me personally. I told her not to fuss, that I was already getting one, but she wanted one for the grandkids to play with when they go to her house. I have one of the coolest moms ever, just sayin.

My nephews have caught the He-Man Classics bug so now it's a given when they get a gift from me, it's a new He-Man guy. So I know they'll also love playing with Grayskull at Grandma's house.

My brother is also a big fan but isn't online here in the forums at all. He has a number of the figures and wanted the Castle. Who doesn't want it right? So he ended up ordering too.

I feel like I've done my duty for the cause!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Still haven't ordered mine yet. Still sitting on the fence as to whether I'll get one or not. Sooooo expensive!

11 months to save up for the big green Vikor. And you could sell off the poster to cut down a bit of the cost I have always wanted this thing to exist and it is a tough price to pay. But much less tough than what the day of cost or secondary market will be.

If they don't mess it up somehow the price to me..worth it
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Still haven't ordered mine yet. Still sitting on the fence as to whether I'll get one or not. Sooooo expensive!
    If it's expense holding you up, this is most likely the cheapest you'll get it.

Unless it tanks in the production department, the factory messes it up or whatever and people want to dump theirs because of it, then maybe you'll score one for cheaper.

But if holds up to the hype and expectation that it will be the definitive Grayskull? Then you're gonna be wishing you got it when it was only 250 + shipping.

All that said, I do recognize it's a large chunk o' change for sure. <--- Skeletor wishes he could afford it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

This has happened to me before... bank's security arm placed a block on Matty's site as they thought it was dodgy, due to the time of day I was ordering (midnight here in Australia). Even though I've been ordering from the site regularly for over 3 years. :P

Fortunately I can use my regular debit card as well in a pinch, as there's no way to get things resolved at that time of night here.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't have any trouble ordering mine.