Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Darkness Sorceress Discussion

I think it has to do with The Obelisk mini-comic.
    In it Sorceress had the Teela boots:

Maybe they'll put it up to vote as too which boots we want the final figure to have?
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    I think it has to do with The Obelisk mini-comic.
    In it Sorceress had the Teela boots:

Maybe they'll put it up to vote as too which boots we want the final figure to have?
    According to what Pixel Dan wrote on Twitter, they are in fact Teela's boots to match the mini comic better.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    According to what Pixel Dan wrote on Twitter, they are in fact Teela's boots to match the mini comic better.
    Thought so. Now the only question, or rather questions, is will TOD Sorceress come with Teela's boots outright, will Matty put it too a vote, or will they be actually removable (a first in the line).

EDIT: Never mind. I just read Pixel's Twitter page. She'll have Teela's boots and they are non-removable.
    Last edited by SLO-MAN; February 12, 2012 at 04:54pm.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Yay!! Teelas boots and one step closer to the Obelisk look!!!
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; February 12, 2012 at 06:47pm.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

not a bad choice to make for a change. Plus it makes her a bit different from the regular release than just repainting.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    not a bad choice to make for a change. Plus it makes her a bit different from the regular release than just repainting.
    I agree, this changes her up a bit. I wonder if the boots made for The Sorceress will get reused, since they are not even on the variant. Maybe if they do a NA Sorceress.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I am also happy with the Sorceress boot change. Besides being Obelisk-accurate, the Teela boots are more detailed which is important when a figure is almost solid white! I'm loving TOD Sorceress more and more.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm loving TOD Sorceress more and more.
    Me too. She's going to be one expensive girl, though ... and I want two of her
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

So, is she being sold at NYTF?? Has anybody been able to purchase her already?

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

i'm cool with the new boots but now she IS Obelisk Sorceress and not Temple of Darkness Sorceress lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    So, is she being sold at NYTF?? Has anybody been able to purchase her already?
    She is going to be at New York Comic Con (NYCC) not New York Toy Fair (NYTF), confusing I know, as well as PowerCon.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    TG mentions in the NYTF Q&A video that TOD will be available at a convetion in AUSTRALIA - Anyone know what that convention will be??

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    They could include both boots; all the boots like that are "interchangeable" with a hot water boil and pop. Did so easily with She-Ra 2.0's boots and arms to get a better toy based She-Ra with the version 1 body.

If it had to be a choice, I agree with using the Teela boots; not only more accurate, but, as has been pointed out, the details look better with the solid white.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    She is going to be at New York Comic Con (NYCC) not New York Toy Fair (NYTF), confusing I know, as well as PowerCon.
    Ah! Thank you!

Heroic Warrior

TOD Sorceress Info

I have to admit I do have lapses in keeping up with the latest information and the latest news on the SDCC Vykron had me wondering how to go about getting the TOD Sorceress . So whats the story? Please if anyone has info on when and where and how much , where to sign up etc, please inform!

First time it will be offered is Power Con, then a few weeks later at NYCC, then whatever is left will be sold on Matty at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    First time it will be offered is Power Con, then a few weeks later at NYCC, then whatever is left will be sold on Matty at the end of the year.
    Also if there are any international fans, she will be available at German GRAYSKULL-CON even before Power-Con.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Also if there are any international fans, she will be available at German GRAYSKULL-CON even before Power-Con.
    Which was a very cool thing to do, so thanks for showing the international fans some love, TG !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know why everyone is expecting her to be $20, when all other figures are $22

She will be sold at German Grayskull Con, BUT you have to preorder and pay for her in advance (she will be 30 Euros)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Funny considering they said she would be on sale at conventions THROUGHOUT the year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Technically, Grayskull Convention is the first time she'll be offered. Then what you said above in that order.

so NOT at SDCC? well that stinks

First look up: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...-tod-sorceress

Overall very nice. Not sure I'm crazy about the way the orb-holder looks now. I like the more subtle paint scheme. But it's still cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    First look up: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...-tod-sorceress

Overall very nice. Not sure I'm crazy about the way the orb-holder looks now. I like the more subtle paint scheme. But it's still cool.

I think the contrast is a little off in those pics... the sample they had at SDCC was a regular production sample, and the stand, though slightly different color-wise than the original sneak-peak at SDCC 2011, wasn't as dark as in these AFI pics.

I'm curious about how the sale will go at Power Con. Will it just be a free-for-all? Will it be a huge line the first morning? Will there be a lottery? A timed ticketing thing?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm pretty dang excited for this figure! I only need one of her loose, but I still have to decide how many to buy since I think I want a few of those orb stands...
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.