Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Temple of Darkness Sorceress Discussion

I must say- this Sorceress is a better figure purely because she has mobile thighs. I'll be trying for one to fix the main line figure. Those BG Teela hips are worthless.

Got my TOD Sorceress yesterday from Mark at Fantastic Plastic Toys. She's just lovely, and I'm glad I decided to get her.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Got mine today and I think she is better than the original. I wish more figures came with small diorama pieces to add to the display options. she is my go to Sorceress going forward.

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    Got mine to from Mark, i just want to give him props. Thanx Mark
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior

The sorceress wing Design ?

So I just got my TD sorceress and was wondering,
    if Terry at Mattel and to some degree Scott, make the resin hard copy that the Horse Men provide in to a articulated figure,
    I wonder what the sculpt of her wings looked like ?
    did They have the big drums on them?, or was they rounded off in some way and left for Mattel to figure out, or did the Horse Men have a idea for it that proved to
    Hard to figure out,
    I just can't help thinking there was a better way, I saw Emiliano's idea and it looks perfect,
    But on closer inspection of the actual figure ( I've already chopped mine off ,...couldn't stand the drums) it's more complicated than I realised,

At the edge of each circle that makes up a section of barrel,( three in all ,one for each wing section) there's a little nub,
    and on the next wing a little slot for the nub to slide into,
    The reason is so the wings 'catch' at a specific point and fold out rather than just flopping down,

I saw a custom that someone did, trying to do it Emiliano style,
    And it worked to a point, but as the fella said about his custom, he couldn't do any thing about the drums, He just attached the wings to the arms instead of the shoulders,and it still had unsightly bean cans stuck to her back,

Any one have any ideas? My poor TDS is wingless,....( and actually looks pretty good ),
    Cheers ZH

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    So I just got my TD sorceress and was wondering,
    if Terry at Mattel and to some degree Scott, make the resin hard copy that the Horse Men provide in to a articulated figure,
    I wonder what the sculpt of her wings looked like ?
    did They have the big drums on them?, or was they rounded off in some way and left for Mattel to figure out, or did the Horse Men have a idea for it that proved to
    Hard to figure out,
    I just can't help thinking there was a better way, I saw Emiliano's idea and it looks perfect,
    But on closer inspection of the actual figure ( I've already chopped mine off ,...couldn't stand the drums) it's more complicated than I realised,

At the edge of each circle that makes up a section of barrel,( three in all ,one for each wing section) there's a little nub,
    and on the next wing a little slot for the nub to slide into,
    The reason is so the wings 'catch' at a specific point and fold out rather than just flopping down,

I saw a custom that someone did, trying to do it Emiliano style,
    And it worked to a point, but as the fella said about his custom, he couldn't do any thing about the drums, He just attached the wings to the arms instead of the shoulders,and it still had unsightly bean cans stuck to her back,

Any one have any ideas? My poor TDS is wingless,....( and actually looks pretty good ),
    Cheers ZH
    Oh... there was a better way.

It's called CLOTH!

They wouldn't have had to worry about having her arms in front of her.... Whether the 'pieces' matched up... HOW she'll sit on a throne!!!

And most of all been ACCURATE to the character itself.

The 'drums' don't bother me much, as I rarely see her from behind... and at least they HAVE a function unlike the 'dial' on Hurricane hordak. But really it boggles my mind that they worked SOOOOOOO hard to 'fake' a cape... when just going WITH a cape would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Oh... there was a better way.

It's called CLOTH!
    Ew. No. That is a bad idea.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Bicep+ first wingpiece from one piece. That wouldve been the solution.

I don't understand how the drums couldn't have been shaved down, and reworked, even if they had to take a little re-engineering to do so....making things from scratch is hard, but not impossible....but then too, I don't know the skill level of the customizer, nor have I taken it apart myself, but seems like something could be done....the drums come off the back of the shoulder, but should be able to be shaved down.

But as far the original prototypes go, I thought the Horsemen do the resin samples and paint them, then hand them off to Mattel, and those are what are in the cases during the cons....

And her original resin showed what resembled a push pin with a drum less than half the size of what we got.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure but the wing drums look pretty big on that one two

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    I'm not sure but the wing drums look pretty big on that one two
    I'm looking at the "real" one right now and I see a huge difference.

You cannot look at this one face-on without seeing them unless she is hovering above you. The other ones were small and cute and these are big, bulky, Joan Crawford-style shoulder pads. They also stick out quite a bit further.

JUST got my ToD Sorceress from Toy Tokyo!
    She's absolutely beautiful! The orb stand is fantastic!!! Hopefully it'll have a home in a new Castle Grayskull a year from now!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    The orb stand is fantastic!!! Hopefully it'll have a home in a new Castle Grayskull a year from now!
    Castle Grayskull will also come with its own Orb-Stand, that is much shorter so it'll fit in the "dome" of the Castle.

Received mine today from Toy Tokyo!

Such a beautiful action figure
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

I got my Temple of Darkness Sorceress a few days ago and iīm still amazed how much i like her.

The color, or lack of color, makes her almost ghost like and the transparent winged cape was a great idea, makes the huge drums a little less visible and thatīs a very big plus if you ask me.

In the beginning i didnīt thought anyone would want or need her but now i see i was mistaken, since iīm one of those who now is very happy they made her.

My TOD Sorceress arrived today

I already have the Filmation one but really like the clear wings on this one and the stand for the KG orb is a nice bonus. Does anyone think she looks similar to the live action MOTU movie version?

Sorceresspickles.jpg

JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

She definitely kind of reminded me of that. One of the many reasons I was so excited to get her!

The headdress is a bit better on TOD Sorceress than the original 'vanilla' Sorceress. ToD headdress frames the face better and sort of curves in at the neck, whereas the original head piece is straight down to the chest area. It's a minor thing, but I notice it. Also TOD Sorceress has a much prettier face paint job IMO. Just a gorgeous figure! All female faces should be based on hers as a template.

I actually really like the original Sorceress still, but I agree the face paint is MUCH better on TOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Castle Grayskull will also come with its own Orb-Stand, that is much shorter so it'll fit in the "dome" of the Castle.
    I am seriously considering using that one for the Starseed orb.

It's a nice figure, fits well into my NY display right now. But I'm still annoyed that it's more of a Obelisk Sorceress instead of a ToD Sorceress.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."